Hobart 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bartfromboston wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:46 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 pm
Laxgunea wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm I only caught the end, but it sounded like a really tight game. We could've really easily lost that one, especially with the one minute unreleasable. I feel like we narrowly escaped with the W. Ted and Dave were struggling to find good things to say. At one point in the wrap up he said "The offense is clearly broken."
Someone start the Hobart 2025 thread!
3,4&5 scorers PPG last few seasons:

2024: 2.33, 1.67 & 1.58

2023: 2.08, 2.09 & 1.62

2022: 2.92, 2.73 & 2.23

2021: 2.88, 1.78 & 1.22

2019: 2.69, 2.56 & 2.38

Not surprising but you probably need to average 6pts a game out of 3-5 to be at or above .500
That is a really great statistic on the proper running on an offense
Archers PPG in 21 as leading scorer is higher than any other year at roughly 5/game and there qa more depth beyond 5-6.

This year with injuries and whatnot I can’t tell you clearly 3-5 are. Figure Delano is in there though his career 21% shooting is an opportunity for improvement. Then there’s like 5-6 kids any week but never the same ones consistently. Greene & Peterkin fell off tremendously between conference play and when Barthelme and Herlihy came back a bit. It seemed obvious integrating the injured upper class kids crushed their game. Bach end of year but not first half. There was rarely game to game a third strong scoring option it seemed. In our better years guys like Tommy Mott were out #6 option. Derrek madonna was never more than a third option
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bartfromboston wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:56 am Bonnies played their best game probably of the year, Given them credit but also they thought they could win which we cant allow lower level teams to think about us. Our offense is broke and has been broke all year and a carry over from last year. We dont have playmakers - other than Delano and a little of Rosa and Patterson from X, we are slow on offense and cant beat people. Not that I believe that is the sole thing a team should do but you dont need to double and don’t need to worry about sliding. Datallas is a fighter, tough kid, but he was banged up and really not as productive as we hoped. Losing John Jude was crushing because the drop off from him to the next man up was huge. I think it is a travesty that Envin stood on the sidelines all year and never got even a sliver of a chance to run mid-field. I saw him in the fall and he looked 2x as fast/shifty as any of these upperclassman we played so much. We have to get away from coaching like a high school team where the older kids have earned their time and the younger kids just have to wait patiently while we lose games. Sitting on my hands right now to see who hits the portal. We need to find a replacement for Bach so I hope we hit the portal for once.
We’ve had a few transfers over the years but even before Raymond not many/. Kerwick recruited well but had a ton of turnover usually losing talent that some would start at top 20 schools and do well. Jeff Ryan transferring to OSU being stuck behind Veltman being the classic example. Mark Williamson, Brendan Saylor, Jamie Kirk and if you want to count OCC PJ Delpha are the only meaningful transfers I can recall in 25yrs. Since raymonds term he probably should’ve had two but had zero.

I think Evnin is viewed as an X attack and ergo buried behind like 3 kids. No malleability, too rigid and strident. (Staff)
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxgunea wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:24 am I was glad to hear the D stepped up in the 3rd and 4th. Though the record doesn't show it, they've made steady improvement all year ... marked by highs and lows for sure, but overall improving. I credit Firth a lot. He's a leader and plays with a solid controlled aggression. Two caused turnovers yesterday and now 12th overall with a year to go. I wish he were 6 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier, but I'm told he's tough as nails.
We also have a great leader in Patterson, who was just fantastic as a freshman. Way to step up. Again, taller and heavier would be great, but I've never thought that matters so much on attack.
BfB, I agree on Evnin. Figured he was injured or something, otherwise it doesn't make sense.
At midfield, I want to see Peterkin step into the Bach role. Here size matters. If Delaney returns as a grad, it could help. Maybe have Weimer run some O also? Peterkin sometimes looks ... I guess the word is " restrained" . I'd like to see him cut loose more. I think we lost a swagger/X factor with Simas. Hurlihy could've brought it but for the injuries.
Hats off to Shea, one of the very best we've had. 👏 Also tough as nails. We should be okay at FO next year, esp. if Schofield returns healthy.
I'm not sure I care to hear the podcast. This season is what it is. Words won't change it. Glad the seniors went out on a W.
Evnin has a back injury as a FR all season. Not sure how healthy he is now those can take a while . Think Gavin Lewellyn who should’ve been a 20+ pt multi year kid and super talented but his back didn’t hold up.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxgunea wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm I only caught the end, but it sounded like a really tight game. We could've really easily lost that one, especially with the one minute unreleasable. I feel like we narrowly escaped with the W. Ted and Dave were struggling to find good things to say. At one point in the wrap up he said "The offense is clearly broken."
Someone start the Hobart 2025 thread!
Done. Time to wipe our memories.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”