Atlantic 10 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DoubleD

Re: Atlantic 10 2024

Post by DoubleD »

Any word on LaCalandra? He was in street clothes last game. Wonder is he still is waiting on eligibility or he was hurt? Could be hurt and knowing they had 2 weeks before Duke game they held him out. I'm hoping he plays I'm curious to see what he brings to that offense.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Who the ell knows.

One of the Hawk backers said it was imminent, and that he could get two years eligibility.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

A-10 is getting hammered Out-of-Conference.

Yes, Richmond and UMass were competitive. That is what these schools are going to have to figure out, how to produce some wins playing against top teams, boost your RPI.

Saint Joe's faces a suddenly revitalized Towson team which hammered (it was actually worse than the score showed) the Middies.
DebitLaxPlayable

Post by DebitLaxPlayable »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:58 pm A-10 is getting hammered Out-of-Conference.

Yes, Richmond and UMass were competitive. That is what these schools are going to have to figure out, how to produce some wins playing against top teams, boost your RPI.

Saint Joe's faces a suddenly revitalized Towson team which hammered (it was actually worse than the score showed) the Middies.
Yep, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Yes, Richmond and UMass were close to pulling off Top 10 wins, but for the conference to turn the corner into a perennial multi-bid league, they need to win these close games.

In games decided by 5 goals or less, the conference is 1-7 (with the one win being UMass’s lackluster 3 goal win over Lowell). That just won’t cut it in out-of-conference play
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

They have many more chances,

just High Point - still has Syracuse, Georgetown, Jacksonville, North Carolina.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

The University of Massachusetts is set to join the MAC in all applicable sports for the 2025-26 school year, sources told ESPN on Monday.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... -26-season

Since none of the MAC schools have lacrosse, and UMass is leaving the A10 in all sports, will be interesting to see if they stay or where they end up.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:06 am The University of Massachusetts is set to join the MAC in all applicable sports for the 2025-26 school year, sources told ESPN on Monday.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... -26-season

Since none of the MAC schools have lacrosse, and UMass is leaving the A10 in all sports, will be interesting to see if they stay or where they end up.
UMass will be welcomed with open arms to stay in A10 for lacrosse. The conference would lose all relevance without them.

Pretty good chance Delaware ends up there too by ‘26 when they get bounced from CAA.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hawks look like they are getting they're game together.

This would be the 1st real signature win for an A-10 team.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Final
12-7 St Joe’s.
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

St Joes went back to Bohmer, Page and Levi at attack. Went 0 -3 with Bohmer coming out the box and the D2 kid attack. 3 - 0 since they went back to the lethal attack unit that has played together for 3 yrs. U can't break them up I think Bohmer had 0 goals at midfield and like 11 in 3 games at attack. They look like their back to the St Joes of the last few yrs. Defense much better last few games too and face offs.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

But I recall folks insisting the path was through transfers…
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Transfer with 3 goals last night and 1 who was 57% at X
SSDM transfer part of D that held Penn to 7 at home
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So the losses were the legacy guys fault?

Reality is it’s not the starting attack it’s that the team got Adler/cole level production from goalie and do unlike they’ve had this year and were used to most of the last 5-6 years. You can look at those numbers and predict the outcome of at joes games. They need 55%+ on both only the aggressive passive style they do and Wray isn’t changing style at > 55% and that’s what has gone in thaibyear. That’s simple.

Or conversely the transfer FO is the reason for the losses.
See Martin, Malcolm
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Who can say, really.

All I know is, from the games I've seen, they steamrolled Drexel - that game is almost always competitive no matter the team record.

UPenn, the best game I've seen from the Hawks this year - Quakers had two shots to get the game to two or less, Hawk's goalie made several end-of-game superb saves.

The game or games they lost, Hawks looked totally discombobulated.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:45 am Who can say, really.

All I know is, from the games I've seen, they steamrolled Drexel - that game is almost always competitive no matter the team record.

UPenn, the best game I've seen from the Hawks this year - Quakers had two shots to get the game to two or less, Hawk's goalie made several end-of-game superb saves.

The game or games they lost, Hawks looked totally discombobulated.
Right goalie and FOGO not the offensive toys transfers that makes the difference.

We’ve had folks from other schools come in and tell us we aren’t running the program right by not taking transfers philosophically. Literal outsiders who don’t know the program. So then we need to have the alternate discussion every time transfer loading team doesn’t crush it. That’s only right.
See Martin, Malcolm
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:16 am So the losses were the legacy guys fault?

Reality is it’s not the starting attack it’s that the team got Adler/cole level production from goalie and do unlike they’ve had this year and were used to most of the last 5-6 years. You can look at those numbers and predict the outcome of at joes games. They need 55%+ on both only the aggressive passive style they do and Wray isn’t changing style at > 55% and that’s what has gone in thaibyear. That’s simple.

Or conversely the transfer FO is the reason for the losses.
Do you watch the games? It doesn’t appear so
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

St Joes seven games, three losses then four straight wins:

Save %
33%
30%
21%
53%
40% (Drexel)
56%
68%

Tygh has two games above 50%, critical to Penn and Drexel wins but otherwise below 50% in 5/7 games.

Eccleston has 10/17 pts in 3 losses, 7pts in 4 wins.
See Martin, Malcolm
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:16 pm St Joes seven games, three losses then four straight wins:

Save %
33%
30%
21%
53%
40% (Drexel)
56%
68%

Tygh has two games above 50%, critical to Penn and Drexel wins but otherwise below 50% in 5/7 games.

Statistics tell a part of the story. What are the stats on possessions?

Do you watch the games?
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

St joes offense just looks way more comfortable with Bohmer at attack. Their D and goaltending was bad the first 3 losses but have really improved in the wins. Both offense and D looked out out of sinc the first 3 games. You can't tell me Bohmer moving back to attack hasn't helped the offense? Just the fact those 3 played together for 3 yrs and know eachothers tendencies. They are so comfortable and Eccelston has done well coming out of the box. The kid Janson is fast and adds some speed which they lack on offense. Goalie has really improved and so has the Fogo. He's not Cole but u give ur team a chance to win if stay around 50%. He struggled those first 3 games too. St joes is a good team and if they play to there potential they will be a tough out in the Alantic 10.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxbuck wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:09 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:16 pm St Joes seven games, three losses then four straight wins:

Save %
33%
30%
21%
53%
40% (Drexel)
56%
68%

Statistics tell a part of the story. What are the stats on possessions?

Do you watch the games?
I have watched chunks of five of the games. Only 1-2x more than a half but at least a quarters worth so cumulative call it 90-120 min of game play. Maybe a little more.

But you aren’t saying what the statistics are misrepresenting that you see in the games. I don’t understand your point. The panacea that is the transfer portal hasn’t really shown up here so far. Tygh is on his third team. I’m sure he will be ok but better than anything organic? Eccleston is a nice toy but doesn’t change the offense materially for the better beyond the incremental depth which of course is valuable as long as it doesn’t mess with the existing chemistry and style of play. For the most part the team was doing better when eccleston was marginalized before the Penn game. Look at the prior 3-4.

Given the lectures on how Hobart was making such a dumb mistake not working transfers I sort of would expect a lot more than what I’ve seen so far.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”