Patriot League 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
tech37

Re: Patriot League 2024

Post by tech37 »

tech37 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 6:53 am
Beckhamlax wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:58 am
tech37 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:23 pm Congrats Lehigh... nice team!

Unsportsmanlike call on Perfetto leading to Lehigh goal was ridiculous. Good job ref.
So let me get this right. Lehigh can chirp at Perfetto all game from the sidelines and Perfetto gestures at them to keep it coming after a call and that's a 1 minute locked in unsportsmanlike? Seems ridiculous at this level in any game, never mind a championship game. I'm not going to say it cost BU the game, because they still manage to go up by 3 early in the 4th, but sill annoying.
Beckhamlax... hope you didn't misread my post and reading it again I can see how you might have... my bad.

It was a horrible call on Perfetto/BU allowing Lehigh to score on the ensuing man up to get back within 2. My post "good job ref"... all sarcasm.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

tech37 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:21 am
old salt wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:17 am Year in, year out. Lehigh is the PL leader in chirping.
And just to be clear... by "nice team" I meant talent-wise. ;)

Was rooting for BU to get the AQ. That said... Go Lehigh, beat Hopkins!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:12 pm

Unsportsmanlike call on Perfetto leading to Lehigh goal was ridiculous. Good job ref.
So let me get this right. Lehigh can chirp at Perfetto all game from the sidelines and Perfetto gestures at them to keep it coming after a call and that's a 1 minute locked in unsportsmanlike? Seems ridiculous at this level in any game, never mind a championship game. I'm not going to say it cost BU the game, because they still manage to go up by 3 early in the 4th, but sill annoying.
Thats been lehighs style for years under Cassesse. That why they all lose their s**t and cnat handle it when they dont get calls and act like jerks as has been observed.
Agreed...Amplo and Orsen aren't far off either.

I can recall being at Lehigh for a Navy game and the staff turns around and is berating a kid with F-Bombs for everyone to hear. Saw another coach break a clipboard and almost get into it with Lehigh staff. They must pound da purple drank before games. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:17 pm

Thats been lehighs style for years under Cassesse. That why they all lose their s**t and cnat handle it when they dont get calls and act like jerks as has been observed.

I can recall being at Lehigh for a Navy game and the staff turns around and is berating a kid with F-Bombs for everyone to hear. Saw another coach break a clipboard and almost get into it with Lehigh staff. They must pound da purple drank before games. :lol:
Ummm wrong beverage these cats are being fed 20/20 clearly-bonus points if you know it’s well earned nickname.

I’m told by folks with first hand experience there that they were the shadiest brat s**t heads when they lost to us a couple of years back.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:19 pm

Ummm wrong beverage these cats are being fed 20/20 clearly-bonus points if you know it’s well earned nickname.

I’m told by folks with first hand experience there that they were the shadiest brat s**t heads when they lost to us a couple of years back.
The purple drink I was referring to was a pre-workout concoction, not Mad Dog. I believe it was Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout and Purple Gatorade. Pupils dilatated, pacing, head/neck ticks, fists clinched....couple with f-bombs galore with little kids in spitting direction of the bench. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:51 pm

The purple drink I was referring to was a pre-workout concoction, not Mad Dog. I believe it was Gorilla Mode Pre-Workout and Purple Gatorade. Pupils dilatated, pacing, head/neck ticks, fists clinched....couple with f-bombs galore with little kids in spitting direction of the bench. :lol:
I admire the way Lehigh executes their unique game plan & the way they rose to the occasion, but given their history, it's hard for me to root for them. I'd hoped that would change with the departure of Cassese. Apparently it's engrained in "the culture".
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:51 pm

Sounds like they share a brewer…
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Abr2016

Post by Abr2016 »

Amplo and Orsen are out of control on the sidelines. Mostly Amplo. He gets after the refs and opposing coaches. It’s been pretty comical at a few Navy home games.
Beckhamlax

Post by Beckhamlax »

Beckhamlax... hope you didn't misread my post and reading it again I can see how you might have... my bad.

It was a horrible call on Perfetto/BU allowing Lehigh to score on the ensuing man up to get back within 2. My post "good job ref"... all sarcasm.
All good. I wasn't taking offense to your post, just venting on one of the worst calls I've seen all season. Perfetto seems like a great kid and had an amazing season. Would have liked to see him go out with a PL championship.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Beckhamlax wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:36 pm

All good. I wasn't taking offense to your post, just venting on one of the worst calls I've seen all season. Perfetto seems like a great kid and had an amazing season. Would have liked to see him go out with a PL championship.
Thanks... and agree with everything you're saying.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

See Richmond is joining the PL for football. Any idea about lacrosse joining?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Turnandrake wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:35 pm See Richmond is joining the PL for football. Any idea about lacrosse joining?
Beat me to it:

https://patriotleague.org/news/2024/5/1 ... lupiCVKV_d
~Livy
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

The A10 discontinued football when it's members moved to the CAA back in 2007. So Richmond is still in the A10 in most of its sports (all but 2, women's golf is also in the PL.) Can't see it prompting a move.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”