Dartmouth 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Sportin' Life

Dartmouth 2024

Post by Sportin' Life »

Dartmouth moves on from Brendan Callahan: https://dartmouth.imodules.com/controls ... 932c281e21
Finish Strong
DocBarrister

Re: Dartmouth 2024

Post by DocBarrister »

Sportin' Life wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:20 pm Dartmouth moves on from Brendan Callahan: https://dartmouth.imodules.com/controls ... 932c281e21
Hmmm … any thoughts on who might land the HC job? Thought things had been moving in the right direction.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Congratulations to the Coach for an Ivy League win and some great recruiting. Wish him all the very best.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Ummmm... what?!?!

Anyone see this coming? Bueller? Bueller?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:41 am Ummmm... what?!?!

Not one bit. If it’s the school then best guess is he took the intensity too far and they felt like “heck if best were getting is one Ivy win for all this then it’s too much for our tastes” or if Callahan was the one who chose to leave then he could believe he’s hit a limit. Sort of a Peter principle decision from one side or the other though incoming that axiom would imply the school chose more likely.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Bystanders

Post by Bystanders »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:49 am

Not one bit. If it’s the school then best guess is he took the intensity too far and they felt like “heck if best were getting is one Ivy win for all this then it’s too much for our tastes” or if Callahan was the one who chose to leave then he could believe he’s hit a limit. Sort of a Peter principle decision from one side or the other though incoming that axiom would imply the school chose more likely.
Are we really debating which side made the call? Dude had 2 league wins in 9 years and loaded up this year on OOC cupcakes to try and save his position. 3 of his 8 incoming recruits this year are showing up elsewhere. Hard to hate private school kids when you’re recruiting for lacrosse. Didn’t really work for him.
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

Should be interesting if we can learn some insider scuttlebutt. I wonder if the recently endowed head coaching chair silently signaled a desire from AD for next level results. No idea how all that works. Despite pipping Harvard and hanging with Brown were the lopsided results of the other Ivy games (which mostly felt over in the first quarter or half) weighted heavily in terms of where the program still lags noticeably in the league? Again, no idea. Just wondering. Will definitely be interesting to see if we learn anything about the reasons, and to learn who will be brought in to lead the Big Green. The Ivy League is a strong league thus I’m hoping for a strong statement with this hire.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bystanders wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 am

Are we really debating which side made the call? Dude had 2 league wins in 9 years and loaded up this year on OOC cupcakes to try and save his position. 3 of his 8 incoming recruits this year are showing up elsewhere. Hard to hate private school kids when you’re recruiting for lacrosse. Didn’t really work for him.
Where did you get that nonsense?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:46 am

Where did you get that nonsense?
Probably from a “ friend”.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

If you have inside info and want to put it out there great but Dartmouth has more or less been a hard luck case for 40+ years. Little stretch under Sowell w some talent like Sussman but who’s doing better?

Hobart had its worst year in a decade and that 3-4yr stretch was its worst in 100yrs so we will see how much of a cupcake they are next year. Siena is probably defined as one.
See Martin, Malcolm
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I'm completely surprised by this. Wow. I hope that Callahan finds a landing spot.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

b1w7o9y7h wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:22 am Should be interesting if we can learn some insider scuttlebutt. I wonder if the recently endowed head coaching chair silently signaled a desire from AD for next level results. No idea how all that works. Despite pipping Harvard and hanging with Brown were the lopsided results of the other Ivy games (which mostly felt over in the first quarter or half) weighted heavily in terms of where the program still lags noticeably in the league? Again, no idea. Just wondering. Will definitely be interesting to see if we learn anything about the reasons, and to learn who will be brought in to lead the Big Green. The Ivy League is a strong league thus I’m hoping for a strong statement with this hire.
Put the next two classes which have some talent at risk.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

I read on the internet that the problem is that the coach doesn’t like private school kids. You can tell by the roster.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:04 am https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

I read on the internet that the problem is that the coach doesn’t like private school kids. You can tell by the roster.
Coach raymond will take the 4 star LSM from Landon in 23 and the two Deerfield middies in 24 of their hands no problem. We have a long history of taking in private school kids.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:17 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:04 am https://dartmouthsports.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

Coach raymond will take the 4 star LSM from Landon in 23 and the two Deerfield middies in 24 of their hands no problem. We have a long history of taking in private school kids.
Obviously the coach never realized that the public school only route is hard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

"didn't really work"

Was part of it too ?

sure the guy IS fully aware of the roster and where they went to HS. Guess the entire team is full of "preferred walkons".

You saying that "crease call" against Virginia in the semi's, was a good call ? Dartmouth got shafted. I tellz ya.

Dartmouth is so disconnected, on purpose, to the community.........what other ivy has to struggle to build stuff on their campus ? :lol: Had no idea that some of the "abbutters" filed a lawsuit to STOP the indoor facility. Kind of sums up Hanover. NH.

transfer portal.......Tuck is lousy anyway, better to attend Grad school elsewhere

The former Hopkins coach would be a perfect fit for Dartmouth.

No ?

who would/will ?

We remember when a former Duke player, who had a brother playing for Maryland (Catalano's ) that missed fall ball b/c of travel. Think he attended Med school? THIS......is an excuse for not winning at Dartmouth ?

Nothing screams "summer fun" like Fitchburg, Mass, eh, attending recruiting showcases. :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:17 am

Maybe Dartmouth coach has a financial "quota" to hit, every season. The AD requiring "full pay" only players, for lacrosse.

Princeton succeeded b/c they used the creative scholastic scholarship method. $20k academic "grant" for "why is the sky blue" essay.

Dartmouth doesn't want to succeed in lacrosse. Fact

(football got indoor practice priority this spring? :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Yeah but they're all from private schools where the kids have to wash their own Audis & Beemers! Hardscrabble preps...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:43 am

Yeah but they're all from private schools where the kids have to wash their own Audis & Beemers! Hardscrabble preps...
"private school" kids, as if all equal

I think a good coaching hire would be someone with "ties" to the indigenous lacrosse community, apparently Dartmouth "has a program", regarding that.

and why no Canadians.....
Exlaxbro

Post by Exlaxbro »

So who would be the front runners for this position?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”