York 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ilovethegenerals!

Re: York 2024

Post by ilovethegenerals! »

Dehuntshigwa’es:

I'd watch your mouth talking about 19 in that tone this early in the season. It's always easiest to blame the goal tender, especially when you know nothing about the game. I'm afraid you have fallen victim to this notion, my friend.

To the public - expect to continue to see 19 in net as the season progresses. Contrary to the ignorant comments from Dehuntshigwa’es, three years of experience learning from players like Spagnoletti and Seeds, Aljadar has all the experience and confidence he needs.

Go Generals.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

ilovethegenerals! wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:17 pm Dehuntshigwa’es:

I'd watch your mouth talking about 19 in that tone this early in the season. It's always easiest to blame the goal tender, especially when you know nothing about the game. I'm afraid you have fallen victim to this notion, my friend.

To the public - expect to continue to see 19 in net as the season progresses. Contrary to the ignorant comments from Dehuntshigwa’es, three years of experience learning from players like Spagnoletti and Seeds, Aljadar has all the experience and confidence he needs.

Go Generals.
Hey I’m hoping you are correct. It just seemed incredibly similar to last seasons opening which did not change until mid season . I think it went something like this , .231 .750 .444 .308 .400. for the first 5 games and didn’t avg .500 until the first HSC game. Never played the position but I do know below .500 shouldn’t be your target. Agree that 3-4 games may provide a better sampling. I would think the next 2 games will help before they see Denison. Is 4 games a reasonable sampling for you
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Go Generals.
Agree.

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

valaxfan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:17 pm

Go Generals.
Agree.

valaxfan
Time will tell valaxfan just hope the Generals don’t find themselves in the same position as last year until it was almost too late.
To my dear friend Ilovethegenerals! when speaking about knowledge of the game I always thought your post on 12/6/22 was quite enlightened when you stated, and I quote “GENE-O HAS TO GO”. Talk about not having a clue
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:26 pm curious to hear some locals opinions on saturdays game. a few things i noticed. nice win. redemption. from last year. defense looked like the same lineup and played better as the game went on. holding W&L to 2 goals in the 4th. offense looked a little better than last week, but still a work in progress. 16 goals scored, but 5 from the defense and 1 from fogo. so only 10 goals from the offense. goalie play took a step back, with a .333 save percentage. that’s saving 3 shots for ever 10 on target. need to be better. fogo was 50%. but seemed like W&L won more than that.
wonder if changes will be made to the offense to get more points. and will some backups get to see some time/opportunities at goalie and fogo?
Goalie needs to get fixed and quick.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Go Generals.
Kid was not good and not nearly as good as Spags, and yes I am very confident in my lacrosse understanding and goalie IQ
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

there is more W&L talk on this thread than York talk. and this used to be the most popular team thread.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

The good chatter brought out too many haters.

It is what it is.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am The good chatter brought out too many haters.

It is what it is.
ehhhh with the haters. i think that just makes York stronger. looking forward to a competitive game this weekend, then two very challenging games that i think york has a chance to split. hoping for 2 out of the next 3 or 3 out of the next 5
RussianTroll

Post by RussianTroll »

York wish every night that they are real New York,
But he knew that this.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

RussianTroll wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:10 pm York wish every night that they are real New York,
But he knew that this.
One hell of a sentence right here.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

thoughts on this weekends game in lancaster?

should be similar weather as last week. cold and slight breeze

last year, york jumped out to a 9-2 halftime lead. F&M cut the lead to 10-6 in the third, final was 16-10

i see york winning this in similar fashion. going with 16-8 york.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Not Suitable wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:49 am
RussianTroll wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:10 pm York wish every night that they are real New York,
But he knew that this.
:lol:
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Jumbo wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:32 am thoughts on this weekends game in lancaster?

should be similar weather as last week. cold and slight breeze

last year, york jumped out to a 9-2 halftime lead. F&M cut the lead to 10-6 in the third, final was 16-10

i see york winning this in similar fashion. going with 16-8 york.
Playing in the cold man, ugh...I remember when UnderArmor Cold Gear came out. Copped two of them, one L one XL. Doubled up. I'd tape hand warmers inside my gloves...put athletic tape on the helmet ear holes. Nothing worked. I'm soft like charmin.

Pulling for York in this one. I think F&M will keep it close.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

we will see what the Kelly/Blackmon match-up looks like. Kelly has been on fire the first 2 games and if can keep that up F&M should be able to stick around.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Having a very hard time developing a scenario where F&M wins this. They got crushed on face offs last year and unless that acquired a superior freshman or transfer I expect more of the same. The 5th years put this away early in the 4th
Jknows

Post by Jknows »

Not Suitable wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:49 am
But he knew that this.
While I know everyone covets NY style pizza, nothing I covet more after a night of drinking than Yorktown Pizza (rip)
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

I see Jackson Shields has 9 goals in his last 2 games as a D-Mid… I haven’t watched the games so I’m curious to hear from a York fan how he is scoring all these goals? Is he playing a little bit of offensive mid or are all of these transition goals?

I’m just having a hard time picturing a D-Mid scoring 9 goals.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Laxguy703 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:07 pm I see Jackson Shields has 9 goals in his last 2 games as a D-Mid… I haven’t watched the games so I’m curious to hear from a York fan how he is scoring all these goals? Is he playing a little bit of offensive mid or are all of these transition goals?

no offense, just defensive transition and Face-offs
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

Asgot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:11 pm
Laxguy703 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:07 pm I see Jackson Shields has 9 goals in his last 2 games as a D-Mid… I haven’t watched the games so I’m curious to hear from a York fan how he is scoring all these goals? Is he playing a little bit of offensive mid or are all of these transition goals?

no offense, just defensive transition and Face-offs
That’s awesome. Those are legitimate 1st team AA offensive mid #’s he’s putting up.

Teams will start to slide early to him on fast breaks now and that will open up some easy looks for the attack in transition.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”