Duke Fans

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Duke Fans

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Lax3 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:20 pm Interesting that the Duke offensive strategy can make Michael Sowers and O'Neill into regular players. How does that happen?
:shock: Someone else has posted what I have been saying for years.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
nms

Post by nms »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:46 am
lilax wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:57 am Word around LI is O’Neill is nursing a bad injury. If I am Duke and I already have clinched an NCAA birth, I sit him, and start Slusher.

I don’t see any benefit of having him hobble around out there.
good chance he's been nursing it for a while from what i gather (hammy?). if i'm duke, i don't believe i've clinched anything. expect if he can, he'll be going this weekend. they do get a weekend off and ~2 weeks to their next game. which if they feel they can handle or get a quick lead may effectively give a chance for another week off.
Duke has nothing clinched. A few losses by Denver, and suddenly Duke has zero top 10 wins.
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:08 pm
Lax3 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:20 pm Interesting that the Duke offensive strategy can make Michael Sowers and O'Neill into regular players. How does that happen?
It’s pretty wild the amount of insane talent they’ve churned through over the last 10 years without a championship.

That 2021 season was particularly bizarre. They returned 90% of key contributors from a 2019 final four team that was a failed clear away from a NC game appearance, added generational talents Michael Sowers and Brennan O’Neill, all to get blown out in the semis. Lazy coaching at its finest.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Here ya go.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=Nepotism
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

BigTom5 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:31 am
It’s pretty wild the amount of insane talent they’ve churned through over the last 10 years without a championship.

That 2021 season was particularly bizarre. They returned 90% of key contributors from a 2019 final four team that was a failed clear away from a NC game appearance, added generational talents Michael Sowers and Brennan O’Neill, all to get blown out in the semis. Lazy coaching at its finest.
It's crazy how much talent Duke truly gets. Campus is sort of dead...weird, dark vibe. With the options down south in the ACC, don't see the draw of Duke.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:27 am
Here ya go.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=Nepotism
King of the Summer ball offense
BetweenTheLines

Post by BetweenTheLines »

:lol: this started as a Duke hate thread, but evolved into a sincere discussion on what's going wrong in Durham. Heartwarming!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Someone has to first define "wrong", though.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Hooz123 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:26 pm

It's crazy how much talent Duke truly gets. Campus is sort of dead...weird, dark vibe. With the options down south in the ACC, don't see the draw of Duke.
You don’t see the draw of a top 10 university that competes deep into the tournament almost every year?
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

BigTurn wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:44 pm

You don’t see the draw of a top 10 university that competes deep into the tournament almost every year?
Comparatively speaking, unless you're going after a specific major, I don't see why you wouldn't go to UNC or UVa. If you don't care about culture and social life, just go north to an Ivy. I do hear the strippers in Durham are top notch.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Hooz123 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:47 pm

Comparatively speaking, unless you're going after a specific major, I don't see why you wouldn't go to UNC or UVa. If you don't care about culture and social life, just go north to an Ivy. I do hear the strippers in Durham are top notch.
There’s a pretty large difference in job outcomes in hyper competitive industries from a top 10 v. a top 25. Duke is similarly ranked to the ivies yet plays better lacrosse, has a big time mens bball presence, and has better weather. Not at all surprised that top recruits continue to line up.
Hooz123

Post by Hooz123 »

BigTurn wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:51 pm

There’s a pretty large difference in job outcomes in hyper competitive industries from a top 10 v. a top 25. Duke is similarly ranked to the ivies yet plays better lacrosse, has a big time mens bball presence, and has better weather. Not at all surprised that top recruits continue to line up.
I'm pretty sure the recruit worried about hyper-competitive job placement doesn't care about the Duke basketball program when it comes to college selection...but I get your point. I was just ragging on their campus. I get why they are a draw...doesn't mean they also don't have a funeral-type vibe on campus. Just being petty.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Hooz123 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:58 pm
BigTurn wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:51 pm

I'm pretty sure the recruit worried about hyper-competitive job placement doesn't care about the Duke basketball program when it comes to college selection...but I get your point. I was just ragging on their campus. I get why they are a draw...doesn't mean they also don't have a funeral-type vibe on campus. Just being petty.
Fair enough. I’m in no way connected to the school, I just can very much understand why people like it. Can’t say I’m the biggest fan of the gothic architecture most of the time either, it’s even worse in New Haven.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Cue the Brennan O'Neill Hate.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:09 pm Cue the Brennan O'Neill Hate.
He found his mojo today.

What was once lost is now found.

DocBarrister 🥍
@DocBarrister
coda

Post by coda »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:09 pm Cue the Brennan O'Neill Hate.
I have said all year that Zwaada is the key for Duke. When he plays well, that offense is legit. He was was on today
Finster

Post by Finster »

I’m still bewildered that Syracuse held Duke to 4 goals, then allowed Cornell and UVA to drop 18 and 17 respectively.

I don’t think there are many Duke fans here but I’d sure love to understand what happened. It certainly wasn’t the weather.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

Finster wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:07 pm I’m still bewildered that Syracuse held Duke to 4 goals, then allowed Cornell and UVA to drop 18 and 17 respectively.

I don’t think there are many Duke fans here but I’d sure love to understand what happened. It certainly wasn’t the weather.
I’m pretty sure Duke has one win in the Dome all time and it was in OT last year. Pair whatever that mental block is with a mid week game where the team isn’t dialed in, and there’s potential for disaster.
Finster

Post by Finster »

BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:12 pm
Finster wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:07 pm I’m still bewildered that Syracuse held Duke to 4 goals, then allowed Cornell and UVA to drop 18 and 17 respectively.

I’m pretty sure Duke has one win in the Dome all time and it was in OT last year. Pair whatever that mental block is with a mid week game where the team isn’t dialed in, and there’s potential for disaster.

Thanks. That’s as good an explanation as I’ve heard.

If the two teams meet again, I wonder to what extent a previous match factors into confidence.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Found that game inexplicable. Yes, credit to the Cuse D, but, 4 goals by Duke - anywhere, anyhow - remarkable. Kind of like the regular season record of Duke over UVA - past 20 games? - hard to explain.

Great weekend of lacrosse, and we're just getting started. Should be outstanding games rest of the way.... can't wait.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”