Brown 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
bearlaxfan

Re: Brown 2024

Post by bearlaxfan »

Lets at least have some fun and start talking about who should replace Daly.
Has to be from D1, just based on Brown's hiring history.

HC? AC? Offensive or defensive bent? X & O rep or more noted as a recruiter? Past (or present) Ivy experience? Alumnus? How many are in coaching currently? Thompson not setting the world on fire at UNC. Any other alum out there doing well?
Kip Turner? Is he heir-apparent at UVa?
BrownDad

Post by BrownDad »

That would’ve been my first choice. With Casesse they’re hard to figure he’s the heir apparent.
Laxnation

Post by Laxnation »

BrownDad wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:42 pm That would’ve been my first choice. With Casesse they’re hard to figure he’s the heir apparent.
Kevin Cassese positioned himself as one of the front runners for any future head coaching vacancy. Cassese stepped down as head coach of Lehigh to be an associate head coach and offensive coordinator for Lars Tiffany. That tells me he loves to coach and wants to be the best he can be. Cassese is well connected and would attract high level assistants. He would be an excellent choice.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Laxnation wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:58 pm
BrownDad wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:42 pm That would’ve been my first choice. With Casesse they’re hard to figure he’s the heir apparent.
Kevin Cassese positioned himself as one of the front runners for any future head coaching vacancy. Cassese stepped down as head coach of Lehigh to be an associate head coach and offensive coordinator for Lars Tiffany. That tells me he loves to coach and wants to be the best he can be. Cassese is well connected and would attract high level assistants. He would be an excellent choice.
If we’re going there, Cassese popped into my head as well. Would be poetic justice for Brown to steal some coaching talent from UVA. I think Cassese has a long wait if he’s planning to take over for Lars. Brown op would be enticing. Re the other discussion on pay to play, the kid starting has done pretty well, given he’s a freshman especially. He was also very good in hs on one of the top hs teams in the country. I’ve seen cases where questionable players make rosters due to family $, but at this level, maybe that gets you a spot on the bench, not playing time.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Why would KC go to Brown? He's already done that dance with Lehigh....My guess he's waiting on Duke to open up.
Laxnation

Post by Laxnation »

middleAgedBear wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:14 pm
Laxnation wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:58 pm
If we’re going there, Cassese popped into my head as well. Would be poetic justice for Brown to steal some coaching talent from UVA. I think Cassese has a long wait if he’s planning to take over for Lars. Brown op would be enticing. Re the other discussion on pay to play, the kid starting has done pretty well, given he’s a freshman especially. He was also very good in hs on one of the top hs teams in the country. I’ve seen cases where questionable players make rosters due to family $, but at this level, maybe that gets you a spot on the bench, not playing time.
All year, I thought the Brown attack has been terrible and when I read the post "follow the money" I got a little carried away. It seems like the freshman will be locked in at that position for the next four years and that doesn't sit well with me. Maybe they are just really bad coaches and don't know any better.
Laxnation

Post by Laxnation »

NNELax wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:19 pm Why would KC go to Brown? He's already done that dance with Lehigh....My guess he's waiting on Duke to open up.
Patriot league schools generally don't pay head coaches very well and he could get a big pay increase at Brown. Also, Brown could attract top recruits with the right coach and at Lehigh he could only take it so far. Duke would certainly be his dream job but a good offer from Brown would be hard to pass up.
Ramlax1776

Post by Ramlax1776 »

HC options:

1. Brad Ross - just down the street
2. JT - as a loyalist idk what will happen in chapel hill and could be available
3. Bernhardts - either of them are interesting young and upcoming
4. Polley - maybe a long shot
5. D’Annalfo - Tufts redo?
6. Kip - I don’t drink the kool aid on Kip. He’s a goalie coach and just runs the box every stop he’s been. Just watch UVA sideline, not sure his responsibilities are much greater than that.

Cassesse IMO is not leaving HC to AHC for Brown. He’s waiting for something big.
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

Ramlax1776 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:44 am HC options:

2. JT - as a loyalist idk what will happen in chapel hill and could be available
6. Kip - I don’t drink the kool aid on Kip. He’s a goalie coach and just runs the box every stop he’s been. Just watch UVA sideline, not sure his responsibilities are much greater than that.

Cassesse IMO is not leaving HC to AHC for Brown. He’s waiting for something big.
I wouldn’t lump the Bernhardts together. Jesse is much more qualified than Jake. He’s just been doing it longer and at a higher level.

What about Kirwan? Would he jump from Dartmouth that quick?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

brunolax wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:45 pm Follow the money boys. That may answer some of your personnel questions.
Wow! This is your first ever post on fan lax and this is the garbage you write. 👎🏻
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Aw #ell grab Benson from across town.🥴
Let's get back to some reasonable speculation; 3 of last 4 at home. Win predictions? Bueller? Bueller?

Princeton, not likely. Obvious talent disparity at offensive & defensive ends. Middle of the field? Princeton is young overall. Common opponents to date: They lost to Cornell by 1 at the buzzer, thumped by UMd. They need the win to keep pace with the 3-1 teams.

Dartmouth is certainly a reasonable W prediction. Common opps to date: Crushed by Georgetown, lost to Penn by 3 in the snow, They haven't impressed in Ivy tilts this year, and it's historically a Brown W, especially at home.

Bryant has looked better than Brown (cripes at 1-8 most teams have looked better). Common opponents to date: Bryant>PC & BU, Quinnipiac>Bryant.

At Harvard. Really close games recently. They stomped PC, lost by 2 to Yale in New Haven. Will this game mean anything for the Johnnies when it's played?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There’s a guy who’s been redeemed imo and never gets mentioned but would and should get a HC gig again you should be thinking about. Recruited to an academy.

Eric Seremet.

Though I want him to replace Raymond in Geneva so maybe you guys should loot the tufts guy or something…
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:42 am ... maybe you guys should loot the tufts guy or something…

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😭😭😭
X-Lax

Post by X-Lax »

I'm sure the boys would jump at the chance to play in the pride game
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

X-Lax wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:50 am I'm sure the boys would jump at the chance to play in the pride game
What does this even mean?
Ramlax1776

Post by Ramlax1776 »

JerrysWorld wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:54 am
Ramlax1776 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:44 am HC options:

I wouldn’t lump the Bernhardts together. Jesse is much more qualified than Jake. He’s just been doing it longer and at a higher level.

Good question I don’t know and how contractually that works if a buyout is in his contract.

Agreed on B-hardts and didn’t think of that.

Regardless, they still would be better options than most. I disagree with the argument “have they been a head coach before” and the NFL mindset of recycling previous HC’s. That’s for any young coach in the business for that matter. Poli has browns # for past few years so add him to the list.

Buczeck is doing fine last time I checked and he had been coaching for a cup of coffee before being HC if we want to talk about “experience”. He also owns Brown.

Too bad no one else wanted to participate in our dialogue and more concerned about non-brown lax items.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

"Needs of the business" can overcome a lot, but if he left after one year how would that be perceived in the college lacrosse ecosystem? Would that be a big red flag for his future employment opportunities? There's opportunism, then there's rank opportunism. Maybe a note: "I resign as HC of the BG." (If JoeWillie reads this he will understand.)
And after this year, who's to say Brown would be more attractive than Dartmouth to Kirwan?
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

bearlaxfan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:02 pm

"Needs of the business" can overcome a lot, but if he left after one year how would that be perceived in the college lacrosse ecosystem? Would that be a big red flag for his future employment opportunities? There's opportunism, then there's rank opportunism. Maybe a note: "I resign as HC of the BG." (If JoeWillie reads this he will understand.)
And after this year, who's to say Brown would be more attractive than Dartmouth to Kirwan?
Agree with the ecosystem perceptions, and replacing his former HC? I know nothing about their relationship at Tufts, but don't think Kirwan would 'go there'. He's got an opportunity to turn around a long suffering Ivy bottom-dweller in Dartmouth, that would be a bigger feather in his cap than simply getting Brown 'back on course'.
dannyric

Post by dannyric »

middleAgedBear wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:24 pm

Agree with the ecosystem perceptions, and replacing his former HC? I know nothing about their relationship at Tufts, but don't think Kirwan would 'go there'. He's got an opportunity to turn around a long suffering Ivy bottom-dweller in Dartmouth, that would be a bigger feather in his cap than simply getting Brown 'back on course'.

Dartmouth made an overhaul with a new president and AD with big commitment to athletics. Don't see a reason for him to leave that. Kirwan will also want to craft his own legacy rather than constantly be compared to Daly. My vote would be for someone with D1 experience, not necessarily as HC but knows the landscape. I would have put Jon Thompson high on the list, but UNC not doing well this year and the drama around his Amhert exit would not sit well with the liberal admin in Providence.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

dannyric wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:53 pm
middleAgedBear wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:24 pm

Dartmouth made an overhaul with a new president and AD with big commitment to athletics. Don't see a reason for him to leave that. Kirwan will also want to craft his own legacy rather than constantly be compared to Daly. My vote would be for someone with D1 experience, not necessarily as HC but knows the landscape. I would have put Jon Thompson high on the list, but UNC not doing well this year and the drama around his Amhert exit would not sit well with the liberal admin in Providence.
I'm not sure that Jon Thompson would even want the job with the way he was treated the last time the job was available. He definitely applied, I can tell you that, but he did not even get a phone call or an interview. Not the way you treat an alumnus like Jon who was loved at Brown.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”