Ben Ramsey, Jr., SSDM, Notre Dame
Billy Dwan, So., D, Syracuse
Owen Hiltz, Jr., A, Syracuse
Will Mark, Gr., G, Syracuse
Payton Cormier, Gr., A, Virginia
Cole Kastner, Sr., D, Virginia
Griffin Schutz, Jr., M, Virginia
Connor Shellenberger, Gr., A, Virginia

Dwan, Hiltz and Mark representing for Cuse.
HMMMM
Jake Stevens- 28 pts (13 games), 38 GBs, 15 TOs, and 4 CTs
McAdorey- 28 pts (15 games), 12 GBS, 16 Tos, and 3 CTs
Dobson- 20 pts (11 games), 13 GBs, 12 TOs, and 0 CTs..(not sure he is even the best Middie on his own team)
Shutz- 30 pts (14 games), 11 GBs, 8 TOs, and 0 CTs

I could easily add Leo and Finn THompson to that debate.
Have not looked at the numbers, but it’s in ACC games. May be why
Dobson and McAdory had 7 points in ACC play. Stevens had 10. And that does not include gbs. They are just haters. Same haters that picked us to finish last in the conference.
The coaches of the ACC who vote on this are haters? Lol, okay man 😂
Powellfan22

Re: Syracuse 2024

Post by Powellfan22 »

BigTurn wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:44 pm
coda wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:36 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:22 pm ALL ACC Team-
Kenny Brower, Gr., D, Duke
Andrew McAdorey, Jr., M, Duke
Brennan O'Neill, Gr., A, Duke
Josh Zawada, Gr., A, Duke
Owen Duffy, Fr., A, North Carolina
Eric Dobson, Sr., M, Notre Dame
Will Donovan, So., LSM, Notre Dame
Liam Entenmann, Gr., G, Notre Dame
Chris Kavanagh, Jr., A, Notre Dame
Pat Kavanagh, Gr., A, Notre Dame
Will Lynch, Jr., FO, Notre Dame

HMMMM
Dobson- 20 pts (11 games), 13 GBs, 12 TOs, and 0 CTs..(not sure he is even the best Middie on his own team)

True, but SU went 3-1 in conference, UVA and Duke both went 1-3. Doesn't make sense for both teams to each have one more player represented. Coaches probably just picked the "name" players and went on with their day. Pretty lazy stuff. I'm sure none of the players really care all that much.
Finster

Post by Finster »

molo wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:52 pm Duke is hard to figure out and Cuse finished strong. As in the other ACC game, I’m picking the team that lost the first meeting to win the rematch. It’s hard to sweep a team when you are pretty evenly matched although SU has looked like the better team of late. Same weak reasoning has me picking UVA over ND. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least big I’m wrong about both. All four teams are good.

^^good post.

I’m picking Cuse because the Orange showed a fairly convincing edge versus Duke in game 1, even though Cuse got beaten handily at the FO dot. I’m betting Kohn does much better. Cuse has so many offensive weapons, I think a defense like Duke isn’t ideally framed to handle that. My second issue with Duke is I sense they’re rudderless as to senior leadership, hence prone to playing below the standard when they fall behind.

That all said, both games can be won by either team and no one here will be surprised.

I’ve been trying to figure this season out, and I think I’ve underestimated the senior leadership of Notre Dame. They seem to have that senior grit the other top-6 teams are lacking, which explains imo ND’s consistency and some of the other teams surprising losses.
coda

Post by coda »

Antonio114 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:04 pm
BigTurn wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:44 pm

HMMMM

Dobson and McAdory had 7 points in ACC play. Stevens had 10. And that does not include gbs. They are just haters. Same haters that picked us to finish last in the conference.
I know I sound like a Cuse fan, but I am not. That said how did Gary Gait not win ACC Coach of the Year? Cuse has way out performed reasonable pre-season expectations
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

HMMMM

Jake Stevens is the best midfielder in the ACC. Laughable to leave him off the list. He is a GB magnet and can dodge/finish/feed with ease.

They definitely went with the easy names. Lazy voting.
TrooperJT420

Post by TrooperJT420 »

Where the hell is Joey Spallina on the All-ACC team? Someone in an earlier post said this is based off of ACC games only. Horseshit...it's based off the entire season. They quote their stats for the WHOLE season in the article that was released 2 days ago. Hiltz is on the team over Spallina? Seriously, What the heck?
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

TrooperJT420 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:46 am Where the hell is Joey Spallina on the All-ACC team? Someone in an earlier post said this is based off of ACC games only. Horseshit...it's based off the entire season. They quote their stats for the WHOLE season in the article that was released 2 days ago. Hiltz is on the team over Spallina? Seriously, What the heck?
As a Hobart guy & Cuse hater, I STILL have to say those All-ACC selections are a head scratcher. I guess the W/L result doesn't mean anything--what a joke.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

TrooperJT420 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:46 am Where the hell is Joey Spallina on the All-ACC team? Someone in an earlier post said this is based off of ACC games only. Horseshit...it's based off the entire season. They quote their stats for the WHOLE season in the article that was released 2 days ago. Hiltz is on the team over Spallina? Seriously, What the heck?
Conference only stats:
https://theacc.com/documents/2024/4/3/M ... istics.pdf

Makes more sense when you break it down like this.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:59 am
Conference only stats:

I suppose, but W/L records should be the main determinant...
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

FMUBart wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:11 pm
Conference only stats:

Why would a team stat be the main determinant in an individual award… so spallina is better than Shelly now because cuse beat uva?
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Conference only stats:

That should definitely be taken into consideration and I think it is... Ex/ Pat Kav is on #1 team in ACC and got POTY, even though Shelly has 1 more point than him in conference.

In an elite league like the ACC... every stat counts. Plus, a majority of conferences follow this rule. Who performed the best in conference.

If the argument is for Spallina.. Break down his stats:
Duke - 0 & 2
ND - 1 & 0
UNC - 1 & 5
UVA - 0 & 0

That's 2 goals (1 was man up) and 7 assists. 9 points in conference play.
Not in top 10 for goals or points. But is tied for 3rd in assists with 7.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

BigTurn wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:21 pm
Conference only stats:

Why would a team stat be the main determinant in an individual award… so spallina is better than Shelly now because cuse beat uva?
I'm not advocating for Spallina to be on the list, but it feels like the main criteria for making the list feels, random. McCabe Millon scored 13 points to Owen Duffy's 8, but Duffy somehow wins the Freshman award (UVA beat UNC, both finished with same conference record). If it is just ACC games taken into account, why would Duffy win? Yes, I know he was injured, but I'm very doubtful the coaches went through these stats with a fine tooth comb to get into advanced stats. I'm guessing they saw Duffy having a great year, pre-injury and gave him the award based on that. I think Lyght, Wambach and Millon would have cases to win the award over Duffy, if you are just basing this on conference play.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Powellfan22 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:09 pm
Conference only stats:

I'm not advocating for Spallina to be on the list, but it feels like the main criteria for making the list feels, random. McCabe Millon scored 13 points to Owen Duffy's 8, but Duffy somehow wins the Freshman award (UVA beat UNC, both finished with same conference record). If it is just ACC games taken into account, why would Duffy win? Yes, I know he was injured, but I'm very doubtful the coaches went through these stats with a fine tooth comb to get into advanced stats. I'm guessing they saw Duffy having a great year, pre-injury and gave him the award based on that. I think Lyght, Wambach and Millon would have cases to win the award over Duffy, if you are just basing this on conference play.
I agree. Millon, Wambach or Lyght should've won it. I'm a UNC fan and I was surprised he got FOTY. I guess the argument could be that he had 8 points in 2 games. 4 points a game (4g and 4a). With these stats, he's technically "4th" in points per game and "3rd" in assists per game. Millon had 3.25 ppg. So technically Duffy is above him, but imo that's a weak argument.

Like I said, not saying I agree with Duffy winning it (but I'm happy he won it).
coda

Post by coda »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:24 pm
Conference only stats:

I agree. Millon, Wambach or Lyght should've won it. I'm a UNC fan and I was surprised he got FOTY. I guess the argument could be that he had 8 points in 2 games. 4 points a game (4g and 4a). With these stats, he's technically "4th" in points per game and "3rd" in assists per game. Millon had 3.25 ppg. So technically Duffy is above him, but imo that's a weak argument.

Like I said, not saying I agree with Duffy winning it (but I'm happy he won it).
The argument for Duffy is he was the main facilitator for UNC.. I can see him being the #1 offensive option. That said, I think you have to look at Jameison and Wambach for the award. Jameison leads the ACC in save percentage. Wambach leads the ACC (actually it isTyerar, but he has about 50% of the faceoffs as Wambach).. Personally, I would have given it to Wambach. He is probably the only freshman, that you can say is a top 5-10 guy at his position in the country currently. Duffy and Millon may get there over time, but they are not there currently.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

coda wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:34 pm
Conference only stats:

The argument for Duffy is he was the main facilitator for UNC.. I can see him being the #1 offensive option. That said, I think you have to look at Jameison and Wambach for the award. Jameison leads the ACC in save percentage. Wambach leads the ACC (actually it isTyerar, but he has about 50% of the faceoffs as Wambach).. Personally, I would have given it to Wambach. He is probably the only freshman, that you can say is a top 5-10 guy at his position in the country currently. Duffy and Millon may get there over time, but they are not there currently.
Jameison should definitely be included in the conversation. I'd have him over Duffy as well.
Finster

Post by Finster »

coda wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:34 pm
Conference only stats:

^^^ agreed. Good points. +1
Finster

Post by Finster »

Bizarre outing from The Orange.

Duke doesn’t have their FOGO. Cuse does well there.

Mark gets pulled after one quarter, after seeing 9 shots and giving up 8 goals.

Duke’s goalie has a decent but not great game.

Danowski uses this game to move McAdorey down to attack, hoping for a spark. And he gets it.

Duke goes uo 18-9 before letting in 4 late goals.

I don’t know what to make of it. Did Duke find their true selves again? Did Syracuse? Are these conference tournaments useless if no one is playing for a bid to the big dance? What effect will this game have on seeding?

Many questions, few answers.
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Odd season, hard to connect certain dots - of individual games vs. overall team's level of play. Duke - and ND - were off the charts exceptional last night. I give Duke staff credit for changes they made. Agree with you - nobody could have predicted 1Q, and 1Q FOGO results. Impossible to reconcile game in Dome vs. last night. Hope ND and Duke both bring A games tomorrow - and meet again in Philly
coda

Post by coda »

Finster wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:19 am Bizarre outing from The Orange.

Danowski uses this game to move McAdorey down to attack, hoping for a spark. And he gets it.

I don’t know what to make of it. Did Duke find their true selves again? Did Syracuse? Are these conference tournaments useless if no one is playing for a bid to the big dance? What effect will this game have on seeding?

Duke is the crazy girlfriend of lacrosse this year. At this point the only thing that would be surprising is consistent play
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

coda wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:56 am
Finster wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:19 am Bizarre outing from The Orange.

Duke is the crazy girlfriend of lacrosse this year. At this point the only thing that would be surprising is consistent play
Great post about Duke, LOL

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”