Maryland 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
AreaLax

Re: Maryland 2024

Post by AreaLax »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:31 pm Rutgers robbed of a goal!!! :shock: :o

Put an asterisk next to Maryland’s entire season! ;)

DocBarrister
While I would not put an asterisk it does look like a goal. I was at the game but you could not tell at the moment from stands. The referee didn’t want to call anything last night. Think they forgot their flags. They also missed a slash to Spanos back that took him down to his hands right in front of the referee

https://x.com/lacrossenetwork/status/17 ... qERZo33csA
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:47 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:31 pm Rutgers robbed of a goal!!! :shock: :o

DocBarrister
While I would not put an asterisk it does look like a goal. I was at the game but you could not tell at the moment from stands. The referee didn’t want to call anything last night. Think they forgot their flags. They also missed a slash to Spanos back that took him down to his hands right in front of the referee

i'd be interested to know how all the schools voted on replay. of course, we'll probably never know.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Tillman said the conference decided on not using the replay. It was not the coaches decision
Pork42

Post by Pork42 »

Time for Murph to find his mogo. When they aint looking. it's coming.
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

Watching ND-Cornell and Duke-UVA today, the talent disparity is really evident on the offensive end. Goal scoring just seemed so easy today.

And the amount of transition / unsettled goals are something we can’t generate. Or we choose not to.

Even against Rutgers - I think we scored 10 goals 6 on 6. That’s alot, but we only had 11 goals total. I would be surprised if Duke or UVA had that many. They just score so effortlessly between the lines. Seems tough to win deep into May without the easy goals from transition.
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:47 am

DocBarrister

Replay on television showed it was clearly a goal.
Cno3putts

Post by Cno3putts »

So ???
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

JerrysWorld wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:52 pm Watching ND-Cornell and Duke-UVA today, the talent disparity is really evident on the offensive end. Goal scoring just seemed so easy today.

And the amount of transition / unsettled goals are something we can’t generate. Or we choose not to.

Even against Rutgers - I think we scored 10 goals 6 on 6. That’s alot, but we only had 11 goals total. I would be surprised if Duke or UVA had that many. They just score so effortlessly between the lines. Seems tough to win deep into May without the easy goals from transition.
Yes it's pretty obvious that Maryland's offense is well below UVA's, Duke's and ND's. Probably a few others too. The tournament does tighten things up (see Kentucky basketball). Terps will be an underdog against the top 4 or so teams, but I doubt they want to play a Tillman-coached team in May either.
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

keno in reno wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:33 pm
JerrysWorld wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:52 pm Watching ND-Cornell and Duke-UVA today, the talent disparity is really evident on the offensive end. Goal scoring just seemed so easy today.

Yes it's pretty obvious that Maryland's offense is well below UVA's, Duke's and ND's. Probably a few others too. The tournament does tighten things up (see Kentucky basketball). Terps will be an underdog against the top 4 or so teams, but I doubt they want to play a Tillman-coached team in May either.
Oh I agree, no doubt. It was more just me being surprised at how much talent we lack. I guess it was bound to catch up sooner or later. I wouldn’t want to see Maryland in the tournament either.
LaxInSpace

Post by LaxInSpace »

It's Hopkins week. The last regular season game.
3 game win streak in hand, time to live up to our name.
THE Maryland Terrapins, a storied program.
Let's come back from Homewood, B1G trophy in hand.

Relying on our seniors is our key to Saturday's victory.
A win will mean strong performances from Zap, Wierman, and McNaney.
We need 10 goals at a minimum, any less and we're done.
Hoping for a repeat performance of 2022, winning by far more than 1.

In Baltimore, I will be present, loudly and proudly wearing red,
Screaming for my Terps at the top of my head.
Hoping to hear lots of "...and Erksa scores!"
'Be The Best' will prevail over 'We Want More'!
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

LaxInSpace wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:21 pm It's Hopkins week. The last regular season game.

+ infinity
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Podcast with Malever. Starts around the 45 min
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/2 ... 0652800530
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

A grueling injury recovery set up Eric Malever’s success at Maryland men’s lacrosse

https://dbknews.com/2024/04/19/eric-mal ... n-tillman/
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

LaxInSpace wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:21 pm It's Hopkins week. The last regular season game.

Yawn... :lol:
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

TerpsLax19

Post by TerpsLax19 »

Couple games back the MD offense was explained as a free flowing - no position set. Thats not the case here. Nobody moves out of their spot. Same old dummy waste time dodging going on that gets it down to 20 seconds and then panic. Seems like the breaks are on in transition again. Going to be a long game.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Worst Maryland offense in 20+ years
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Sooo it turns out you actually have to shoot the ball if you want to score…. No one taking initiative. Defense is great. This offense is softer than Downy

No sense of urgency. The first 25 seconds of every offensive set is slow subbing and then useless 5 yard passes.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Great crowd, great atmosphere, great weather at Homewood today. Defense did everything they possibly could in the second half.

If only the offense got off the bus. Oh well.
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

The Hopkins offense didn't get a chance to use the toilet at halftime. Shat on the field instead

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”