Georgetown 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
rolldodge

Georgetown 2024

Post by rolldodge »

Another very good season for Georgetown with some clear direction on what they need to do to take the next step.

2024 may be a bit of a rebuilding year - a chance to develop some home grown talent.

On attack they will return only TJ Haley from players who got time this year.

Midfield will be a strength, returning Carrol, Crogan, Wray and you have to imagine Bundy will do a Grad year.

Defensively, they return Tominovich and Halpert. Perhaps Donaldson stays for a 5th year. They have 5 star recruit Ty Banks coming in to compete for playing time.

At goalie, Scharfenberger returns and should compete for time with 5 star incoming recruit Anderson Moore.

Faceoffs will be interesting with Reilly and Milburn gone. Could be an area of interest in the portal.

Speaking of the portal, I wonder if Warne goes a little more strategic this year, although I’ve already heard rumors of at least one big name coming to the hilltop to play midfield/attack. They also have a highly regarded defenseman from Mercer coming in.

Should be an interesting year for the Hoyas. Im excited to see some juniors and sophomores get a chance to break into the lineup.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Georgetown 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

rolldodge wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:59 am Another very good season for Georgetown with some clear direction on what they need to do to take the next step.

2024 may be a bit of a rebuilding year - a chance to develop some home grown talent.

Midfield will be a strength, returning Carrol, Crogan, Wray and you have to imagine Bundy will do a Grad year.

Defensively, they return Tominovich and Halpert. Perhaps Donaldson stays for a 5th year. They have 5 star recruit Ty Banks coming in to compete for playing time.

At goalie, Scharfenberger returns and should compete for time with 5 star incoming recruit Anderson Moore.

Faceoffs will be interesting with Reilly and Milburn gone. Could be an area of interest in the portal.

Speaking of the portal, I wonder if Warne goes a little more strategic this year, although I’ve already heard rumors of at least one big name coming to the hilltop to play midfield/attack. They also have a highly regarded defenseman from Mercer coming in.

Should be an interesting year for the Hoyas. Im excited to see some juniors and sophomores get a chance to break into the lineup.
Farfromgeneva Jr. says this guy is your path to success!

https://guhoyas.com/sports/mens-lacross ... sare/13893
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

rolldodge wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:59 am Another very good season for Georgetown with some clear direction on what they need to do to take the next step.

Face off is definitely a position of need in the portal, as GU has no incoming HS FO recruit this year. The close defense looks solid, as does LSM and goalie. If Gosine returns SSD will be solid, and hopefully a younger guy can see the field there as well.

GU can also use help at attack again in the portal, and perhaps a middie. Wonder who the A/M transfer mentioned above is - perhaps an Ivy guy?
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Yeah I forgot to cover SSDM which should be solid again with Hess and Leary returning and potentially a 5th year for Godine. Haus and Reeves got some time this year along with McGurrin at LSM.

The portal player is from an Ivy team. I’ll hold off on naming names until it’s official.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

rolldodge wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:43 am Yeah I forgot to cover SSDM which should be solid again with Hess and Leary returning and potentially a 5th year for Godine. Haus and Reeves got some time this year along with McGurrin at LSM.

The portal player is from an Ivy team. I’ll hold off on naming names until it’s official.
Tantalizing! (But good call.). There are some good players from Brown and Princeton (including a good midfielder not supposedly going to Syracuse like two other Tigers) in the portal, I believe.
ny10458

Post by ny10458 »

Alex Slusher to Georgetown I bet. Played on U21 USA team captained by Bundy, would be following footsteps of fellow Oregonian Dordevic too.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

ny10458 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:06 pm Alex Slusher to Georgetown I bet. Played on U21 USA team captained by Bundy, would be following footsteps of fellow Oregonian Dordevic too.
The Princeton middies not rumored to be bound for Syracuse are Ronda and Vardaro. The latter played some attack this year so he would be a valuable addition.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Jldlax wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:43 pm
ny10458 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:06 pm Alex Slusher to Georgetown I bet. Played on U21 USA team captained by Bundy, would be following footsteps of fellow Oregonian Dordevic too.
The Princeton middies not rumored to be bound for Syracuse are Ronda and Vardaro. The latter played some attack this year so he would be a valuable addition.
It took awhile, but i thought Warne did a nice job incorporating all the transfers from the portal into a cohesive unit by season's end. Georgetown is impressive. Even though they didn't advance, they are looking to me like a top 4/5 team & they certainly have closed the gap with the blue bloods. This is the most complete and healthiest Virginia team in awhile, so they were unfortunate to draw them in the quarters. Who else is likely gone for Georgetown after this season besides Bowen, Minicus, Dordevic?
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

blue angels wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:46 am
It took awhile, but i thought Warne did a nice job incorporating all the transfers from the portal into a cohesive unit by season's end. Georgetown is impressive. Even though they didn't advance, they are looking to me like a top 4/5 team & they certainly have closed the gap with the blue bloods. This is the most complete and healthiest Virginia team in awhile, so they were unfortunate to draw them in the quarters. Who else is likely gone for Georgetown after this season besides Bowen, Minicus, Dordevic?
Reilly, Kelly, Solomon and Hinks I believe have all exhausted their eligibility
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Powellfan22 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:03 pm
blue angels wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:46 am
Reilly, Kelly, Solomon and Hinks I believe have all exhausted their eligibility
Bowen, Minicus, Dordevic, Kelly, Solomon, Hincks, McDermott, Reilly no longer have eligibility.

Bundy, Donaldson, Godine, Millburn would need to use their graduate 5th year to return.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Pet Inside Lacrosse, Slusher and Vardaro are unsure about their plans but are talking to teams. Many other Princeton commitments were announced today.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... more/61579
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

GU has 4 2023 commits in the Under Armor game this Summer. While these selections are not the be all and end all, this is may be a good sign for next year.

On another note, it is quiet so far on the transfer portal front, with only one commitment so far. It will be interesting to see GU’s approach this year. A FO guy would be a top priority, along with attack.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Naturally, what could help Georgetown, especially come the postseason, is an improved Big East. And, even if Georgetown is the best, I think multiple programs will be improved.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Jldlax wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:43 am GU has 4 2023 commits in the Under Armor game this Summer. While these selections are not the be all and end all, this is may be a good sign for next year.

On another note, it is quiet so far on the transfer portal front, with only one commitment so far. It will be interesting to see GU’s approach this year. A FO guy would be a top priority, along with attack.
Georgetown had announced all their transfers by this time last year. I wonder what the delay is this year? Could use an attackman and a FOGO from the portal. Can see them going after Mason Kohn or Mac Eldridge or both.

Good news on the incoming recruit front. I can see Banks and Moore starting next year.

I hope going forward the put energy into recruiting a big time attackman. With Kabiri going to Princeton, its definitely a place they need to bolster. Traditionally, they haven't been able to fill that position as well as others, and its key to postseason success.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Mac Eldridge headed to UPenn from the portal. Was hoping the Hoyas would pick him up as a multi-year FO option. Still quiet on the transfer front.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

rolldodge wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:31 pm Mac Eldridge headed to UPenn from the portal. Was hoping the Hoyas would pick him up as a multi-year FO option. Still quiet on the transfer front.
There is conflicting information on a Mercer defenseman grad transfer committing to GU.

Also, any word on any seniors returning for a fifth year?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

rolldodge wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:31 pm Mac Eldridge headed to UPenn from the portal. Was hoping the Hoyas would pick him up as a multi-year FO option. Still quiet on the transfer front.
Don’t believe there has been any announcements for incoming transfers yet.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

what's the story with jake waldman?
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Mason Kohn to Syracuse, another FO player I was watching as a potential add.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Congrats to Jack Rowlett who moves on from the volunteer assistant position at GU to take the Defensive Coordinator job at Boston University.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... o-bu/61725

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”