Army West Point
3%
#6 Johns Hopkins
9%

Total votes: 110

MoralTerpitude

Re: Who Wins it All in 2023?

Post by MoralTerpitude »

molo wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:26 pm Sure, dreams can be good predictors of the future . I had an unpleasant dream last night. Today while hiking on the woods in northern Baltimore County with my dog, I almost stepped on a snake. No big deal, snakes live in the woods and we encounter them fairly regularly. This afternoon my wife showed me a video that she had made while I was returning my car to my parking spot behind the house since I had moved it to allow workmen to park their truck while building a fence in my neighbor’s yard. Well they must have disturbed a habitat because the snake that my wife videoed near the top of our basement stairs must be about five feet long. He’s somewhere in the yard now. In the woods, no big deal, in my yard, which is about a mile and a half north of the city, big deal. I won’t be wearing flip flops when we walk the dog tonight.
I still think UVA beats ND Saturday, but if I were superstitious, I’d be a little less confident .
Was it a copperhead?
molo

Post by molo »

Just a black snake. I know they are harmless and control the rodent population, but I’d just as soon have them a little farther from the house.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

VA Wahoos started out as pre-season #1 and remained at the top for the first half of the year. Tough to remain that way in the ACC conference. But they just may have enough energy to win that Championship. Of course, I've been a jinx over the years so mebbe I shouldn't say anything about it. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:52 pm VA Wahoos started out as pre-season #1 and remained at the top for the first half of the year. Tough to remain that way in the ACC conference. But they just may have enough energy to win that Championship. Of course, I've been a jinx over the years so mebbe I shouldn't say anything about it. ;)
I like their chances. I think Petey LaSalla will be a difference maker; Shellenberger, when healthy as he is now, is a dominant offensive force as both a scorer and distributor; and the UVA defense has been able to keep the Kavanagh brothers in check. Talent levels are similar enough that ND could win, but it might take a great day from Entenmann for ND and a tough day for Nunes for UVA to balance out the face-off issue and overall greater strength of the UVA offense.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

The Orfling wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:37 am
Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:52 pm VA Wahoos started out as pre-season #1 and remained at the top for the first half of the year. Tough to remain that way in the ACC conference. But they just may have enough energy to win that Championship. Of course, I've been a jinx over the years so mebbe I shouldn't say anything about it. ;)
I like their chances. I think Petey LaSalla will be a difference maker; Shellenberger, when healthy as he is now, is a dominant offensive force as both a scorer and distributor; and the UVA defense has been able to keep the Kavanagh brothers in check. Talent levels are similar enough that ND could win, but it might take a great day from Entenmann for ND and a tough day for Nunes for UVA to balance out the face-off issue and overall greater strength of the UVA offense.
heard from by bookie, (phanDUDE), that many of the UVA players are sick.

They ordered rancid "philly" cheese steaks from SUBWAY .

it's true, my bookie never lets me down.

you can gamble on college lacrosse :lol: :lol:

Fighting Irish by 6.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:53 am

Fighting Irish by 6.

Subway? Jeepers, that's no place to go for cheesesteaks.

You wanna know where to go for the best cheesestaeaks? Go ask my pal the Philly Captain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FNkr0b ... TJtRBJKmzV
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
molo

Post by molo »

But wouldn’t the Philly guys on the team have warned them off bad cheese steak establishments?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

molo wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:04 am But wouldn’t the Philly guys on the team have warned them off bad cheese steak establishments?
n$aa contract...

.....they need the money, apparently billions in the piggy bank, along with the nfhs/arbiter monopoly, why wouldn't the cheez steaks be rancid. Subway probably pulled the leftovers from the Phillies boreball game, to save money.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

My head still says UVA, but at this stage my heart is now saying Let's Go Penn State Nittany Lions!
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:15 am
molo wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:04 am But wouldn’t the Philly guys on the team have warned them off bad cheese steak establishments?
n$aa contract...

.....they need the money, apparently billions in the piggy bank, along with the nfhs/arbiter monopoly, why wouldn't the cheez steaks be rancid. Subway probably pulled the leftovers from the Phillies boreball game, to save money.
Makes no sense. You can order a "cheesesteak" from any Subway, including in Virginia. Why would the UVA team order them in Philly when they can get the real thing ? An authentic Philly Cheesesteak can't be that expensive.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:53 am
The Orfling wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:37 am

Fighting Irish by 6.
Are you trying to see if Carc mentions this on TV? 😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Corrigan will finally get his natty, Duke is so undisciplined on defense. They slide early and unnecessarily. They also have a goalie problem, 6 saves still shocked they didn’t pull him.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

In the top bracket, they were all one goal games,
6 of the 7 games were one goal games,

except for the Duke Michigan game - that’s pretty dammm good.

Cavs - Penn State would have been a very interesting final,
but not to be.

The UVA / Cavs coeds, FYI, were hands down the winners over any of the other school co-eds,

not even close 🏆🏆

We had a couple tailgates, but mostly made sure to hang by the UVA tent 👍👍
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Not if they’re backups.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:50 am In the top bracket, they were all one goal games,

but not to be.

The UVA / Cavs coeds, FYI, were hands down the winners over any of the other school co-eds,

not even close 🏆🏆

From TV I had the coeds ranked UVA, Duke, PSU, ND personally. And I do spend a lot of time on that aspect of life. A lot.

And yes this playoffs reminded me of a bunch of the ones in the second half of 2000sl like 07-09 period.
See Martin, Malcolm
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:35 am
10stone5 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:50 am In the top bracket, they were all one goal games,

but not to be.

not even close 🏆🏆

From TV I had the coeds ranked UVA, Duke, PSU, ND personally. And I do spend a lot of time on that aspect of life. A lot.

And yes this playoffs reminded me of a bunch of the ones in the second half of 2000sl like 07-09 period.

coeds ranked UVA, Duke, PSU, ND
Yup 👍
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:34 am

but not to be.

not even close 🏆🏆

Yup 👍
OH YEAH !
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:14 am
10stone5 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:34 am

but not to be.

not even close 🏆🏆

Yup 👍
OH YEAH !
Rolling Stone magazine is now writing a piece. Do not answer any phone numbers the next few weeks.

And let’s be honest, compared w Uf, FSU, either USC or South Carolina, UCLA and a number of others were still talking a relative value trade here.

But I’ve been on campus many times - good bird watching for sure
See Martin, Malcolm
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

UVA wasn't COED until 1969. But the sweeties from Sweet Briar and Mary washington were terrific place holders.
Finster

Post by Finster »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:00 pm UVA wasn't COED until 1969. But the sweeties from Sweet Briar and Mary washington were terrific place holders.

I was informed by my uncle that Hollins was the A team?

Wahoomurf: tomorrow seems like Chaminade versus St Anthony’s. I assume you’re cheering for ND then?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”