Transfer portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LaxNJ71

Re: Transfer portal

Post by LaxNJ71 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:55 pm
NULax2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:05 pm Wasn't quite sure where to post this.. DPOY Thacker returning to Denver

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... -to-denver
That is huge news and a gamechanger for Denver. I still think they struggle to repeat last years success. But she is the straw that stirs their zone defense and her returning for a 5th year is a big deal in women’s lacrosse.
Wonder what starting lineup will be the oldest in women’s lax this year. Denver’s got to be up there.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

I know this is not a popular statement here, but I would have run through a wall to have another game, let alone another season back in my day. Good luck to Thacker and the rest of these athletes who choose to use the balance of the blighted 2020 season.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Womenslaxxfan wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:55 pm
NULax2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:05 pm Wasn't quite sure where to post this.. DPOY Thacker returning to Denver

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... -to-denver
That is huge news and a gamechanger for Denver. I still think they struggle to repeat last years success. But she is the straw that stirs their zone defense and her returning for a 5th year is a big deal in women’s lacrosse.
This is news I like to hear. She’s a tremendous player and plays a very crucial role in Denver’s defense. While I agree Denver might not repeat last years success a couple losses in the regular reason may actually help them.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:43 pm I know this is not a popular statement here, but I would have run through a wall to have another game, let alone another season back in my day. Good luck to Thacker and the rest of these athletes who choose to use the balance of the blighted 2020 season.
We all would have run through walls back in day. Any competitive person would. And that is exactly the point of rules - to prevent that. Intent of college sport was 4 years (barring medical redshirt). Denver now has 1 7th year, 3 6th year, and 2 5th year. Half the starting 12 - incredible? And would anyone be surprised if another gets announced here before the season starts? If memory serves, they have a couple other covid grads who probably still have a covid year to cash in on.

And how many of these kids parents are still writing checks to colleges so they can experience the "one more game" themselves you mention?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:45 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:43 pm I know this is not a popular statement here, but I would have run through a wall to have another game, let alone another season back in my day. Good luck to Thacker and the rest of these athletes who choose to use the balance of the blighted 2020 season.
We all would have run through walls back in day. Any competitive person would. And that is exactly the point of rules - to prevent that. Intent of college sport was 4 years (barring medical redshirt). Denver now has 1 7th year, 3 6th year, and 2 5th year. Half the starting 12 - incredible? And would anyone be surprised if another gets announced here before the season starts? If memory serves, they have a couple other covid grads who probably still have a covid year to cash in on.

And how many of these kids parents are still writing checks to colleges so they can experience the "one more game" themselves you mention?
4 playable years. Taylor gait had 6 years d/t injuries even before COVID. A medical redshirt isn’t the only way to get a year back. If you don’t get enough playing time you retain that year of eligibility as well.
laxguy95

Post by laxguy95 »

Isn't Ashley Humphrey transferring to UNC in the spring?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxGyuoCxCyy/
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

NULax2 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:13 pm update from US Lax mag

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... s-for-2024
Humphrey thing is a bit strange..don't know why she's delaying making an official announcement.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:35 pm

Humphrey thing is a bit strange..don't know why she's delaying making an official announcement.
Maybe because she’s still enrolled at Stanford finishing her degree?
user1020

Post by user1020 »

While I don’t blame or dislike LoPinto for transferring at all. Her reason for wanting a higher academic challenge is not valid. UF is just as good of a school if not better than BC. Both are tremendous schools. I don’t like her using this excuse as the reason she transferred. To be fair maybe her major was easy at UF and hard at BC, but I feel like this is a fake reason she has put out there. Again I do not care that she transferred and don’t fault her, I just don’t like the reasoning she gave.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

user1020 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:36 am

While I don’t blame or dislike LoPinto for transferring at all. Her reason for wanting a higher academic challenge is not valid. UF is just as good of a school if not better than BC. Both are tremendous schools. I don’t like her using this excuse as the reason she transferred. To be fair maybe her major was easy at UF and hard at BC, but I feel like this is a fake reason she has put out there. Again I do not care that she transferred and don’t fault her, I just don’t like the reasoning she gave.
100%. Feels like an uncecessary cheap shot at Florida. She could have been vanilla about it and chalked it up to wanting a fresh start elsewhere. Wurzburger said her reason for flipping on CUSE was because she felt a connection with the UNC girls. And still talked nice about CUSE as a program.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:49 am

100%. Feels like an uncecessary cheap shot at Florida. She could have been vanilla about it and chalked it up to wanting a fresh start elsewhere. Wurzburger said her reason for flipping on CUSE was because she felt a connection with the UNC girls. And still talked nice about CUSE as a program.
If you're in the position to be able to say that you wanted to be closer to home, then I'd just say that and leave it at that. No one would fault her for wanting to be closer to home.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

ultravisitor wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:15 am

If you're in the position to be able to say that you wanted to be closer to home, then I'd just say that and leave it at that. No one would fault her for wanting to be closer to home.
The political climate is about as opposite as one can experience between Florida and Massachusetts. Maybe she didn't feel comfortable speaking her full mind yet still wanted to take a shot at the university so she chose the relatively safe landscape of academics. Who knows.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Not to beat a dead horse but back in the day CN cited Duke not having the degree program (sociology) in her reasoning as to why she transferred to BC. *spoiler - they do have that major so…
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

The Lopinto quote referencing academics is one I think she may regret making … optics not good. I was also struck by Clarke commenting that at BC “I’ll be surrounded by the best players, everyday” … not exactly ideal either from an optics perspective, but at the end of the day, not a big deal.
washedup

Post by washedup »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:22 pm

The political climate is about as opposite as one can experience between Florida and Massachusetts. Maybe she didn't feel comfortable speaking her full mind yet still wanted to take a shot at the university so she chose the relatively safe landscape of academics. Who knows.
Seconded — LoPinto was an Education Sciences major at UF, and I imagine that parts of that curriculum are being re-written in real time to comply with politics down there.

I’ll also give her the benefit of the doubt and read that maybe LoPinto meant she wanted something better academically for her. UF is a great school but it has over 33,000 undergrads. BC is roughly a third of that size. Even if UF is a great school, not every student can thrive in that sort of environment— let alone if D1 athletics limit the classes you can take or potential majors.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

i know it's been known for awhile but Ashley Humphrey to UNC is official per her IG.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

laxguy95 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:49 pm Isn't Ashley Humphrey transferring to UNC in the spring?

Hope she changes her mind and goes to a non-ACC school.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:34 pm
laxguy95 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:49 pm Isn't Ashley Humphrey transferring to UNC in the spring?

Hope she changes her mind and goes to a non-ACC school.
Are you upset that she’s going to UNC Larry? We know that you have issues with UNC.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”