Transfer portal

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Fischer

Transfer portal

Post by Fischer »

Seasons wrapping up Any chatter on transfer portal?
Kleizaster

Re: Transfer portal

Post by Kleizaster »

I'd Keep an eye on Stanford and Maryland. I'm expecting movement there including Ashley Humphrey. No solid intel on Humphrey, it's more so just a gut feeling.

Any other star player on an underperforming team is fair game.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:54 pm I'd Keep an eye on Stanford and Maryland. I'm expecting movement there including Ashley Humphrey. No solid intel on Humphrey, it's more so just a gut feeling.

Cant think why she would leave such a great school. im thinking biding her time, get her degree then shes off.
washedup

Post by washedup »

Madlax59 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:33 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:54 pm I'd Keep an eye on Stanford and Maryland. I'm expecting movement there including Ashley Humphrey. No solid intel on Humphrey, it's more so just a gut feeling.

Cant think why she would leave such a great school. im thinking biding her time, get her degree then shes off.
Agreed. Maybe if she was an underclassman, but beyond losing out on a Stanford degree, Stanford is on the quarter system which would make transferring undergrad credits extra tough. I’ve never met her in my life, but my hunch would be stick it out one more year and get the degree, then use her redshirt year somewhere else as a grad student.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Worth noting that 2024 will be the last year of the COVID year eligibility. Not sure what this means for the portal going forward, but I'm sure we'll see what happens every year. Players from better programs who ride the bench looking for somewhere they can play, great players on middling teams looking for an upgrade, and a few surprises.
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

It’ll be the same it always was, just less in number.
njbill

Post by njbill »

washedup wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:47 pm

Agreed. Maybe if she was an underclassman, but beyond losing out on a Stanford degree, Stanford is on the quarter system which would make transferring undergrad credits extra tough. I’ve never met her in my life, but my hunch would be stick it out one more year and get the degree, then use her redshirt year somewhere else as a grad student.
Have no inside info, but from a lacrosse standpoint, the appeal would be to play with her sisters. This assumes older sis is sticking around for a 5th year (which I also have no info on). Unless CT allows 8th graders to play varsity, I'd guess that would give the three sisters their one and only chance for all three to play together. Will be interesting to see what happens.
njbill

Post by njbill »

jff97 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:22 pm Worth noting that 2024 will be the last year of the COVID year eligibility. Not sure what this means for the portal going forward, but I'm sure we'll see what happens every year. Players from better programs who ride the bench looking for somewhere they can play, great players on middling teams looking for an upgrade, and a few surprises.
The last regular year. I am aware of some HS 2019s who have eligibility in 2025.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

njbill wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:00 pm
jff97 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:22 pm Worth noting that 2024 will be the last year of the COVID year eligibility. Not sure what this means for the portal going forward, but I'm sure we'll see what happens every year. Players from better programs who ride the bench looking for somewhere they can play, great players on middling teams looking for an upgrade, and a few surprises.
The last regular year. I am aware of some HS 2019s who have eligibility in 2025.
Well yeah, there will be exceptions for kids who got injured or those from Ivy League programs. But this will be the last year a whole group of players gets an extra year.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Agreed.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

njbill wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:58 pm
washedup wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:47 pm

Have no inside info, but from a lacrosse standpoint, the appeal would be to play with her sisters. This assumes older sis is sticking around for a 5th year (which I also have no info on). Unless CT allows 8th graders to play varsity, I'd guess that would give the three sisters their one and only chance for all three to play together. Will be interesting to see what happens.
I've heard that the older sister may be heading out west for her 5th year but not to Stanford.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Here's a list of players IL knows that have entered the portal so far...
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... more/61592
Biggest names on the list are Ball and LoPinto. Nicole Humphrey also in the portal, so it looks like one poster's dream of having all Humphrey sisters play on the same team probably isn't happening.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ANyone else surprised to see Lopinto in the portal?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:27 pm ANyone else surprised to see Lopinto in the portal?
I am, and Chepenik
user1020

Post by user1020 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:12 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:27 pm ANyone else surprised to see Lopinto in the portal?
I am, and Chepenik
LoPinto chasing a ring is my guess. I don’t mean that negatively but I’m sure she’s transferring to a top 5 ACC school (no knowledge behind this)
user1020

Post by user1020 »

How hard do the Terps hit the portal. They could use another attacker like they got with Cordingley. They also could use an experienced defender with Bosco leaving. That is if anyone wants to play for the Terps
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

jff97 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:02 pm Here's a list of players IL knows that have entered the portal so far...
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... more/61592
Biggest names on the list are Ball and LoPinto. Nicole Humphrey also in the portal, so it looks like one poster's dream of having all Humphrey sisters play on the same team probably isn't happening.
As I posted earlier, Nicole is going to another west coast team.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

No.

Only surprise is that she is the only UF player in it.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Ring chasing is certainly one of the possible reasons behind a transfer, but only one. Each kid and every situation is different, so speculation is just that.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Grad school decisions for fifth years is another.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”