Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Voting Rights

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:51 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:34 pm Good to see a true champion of women representing the Magat’s in NC.

“Robinson, North Carolina’s current lieutenant governor, has hurled hateful remarks at everyone from Michelle Obama to the survivors of the Parkland school shooting. He’s called the LGBTQ community “filth.” He threatened to use his AR-15 against the government if it “gets too big for its britches,” and he wants to outlaw all abortions as well as return to a time when women couldn’t vote. He’s also ridiculed the Me Too movement, women generally, and climate change.”

https://www.vox.com/politics/24092798/m ... -race-2024
He wants to go back to the good old days before women could vote at all. He is worse than Trump! based on his stated preferences.

Can't see any world in which fair elections are held and this guy wins. North Carolina looks like a major opportunity for the Ds. Only need to beat this fascist and one clown each in the house and senate, to take over the whole state and set North Carolinians free! Got to feel good about the chances.
He is unbelievably bad. A grifter in the truest sense of the word. There is money in right wings politics.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:47 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:15 pm Strange story: https://x.com/HoustonChron/status/17650 ... 60882?s=20

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg went into Love Park Community Center Tuesday morning to cast a ballot for her own primary race — only to be told someone had already voted in her name, according to spokesperson Michael Kolenc.
... a democratic DA. Of course there is no chance this is a republiCON scam, dirty trick. :roll: :roll:

PS -----

Turns out the DA's "partner" had voted in her place. Nothing nefarious. The voting machine keyed on the woman's home address.
Glad to hear it was not nefarious. But isn’t that concerning that someone could vote as you?
Not really, I don't live in Texas :lol: This is ultimately a software user interface problem to make it more difficult / impossible to make the kind of mistake the DAs partner did. The problem has a simple solution. A system of universal unique identifiers that are used as the database key.

The partner also could have prevented this by being anal when interfacing with a government computer. I am.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad

A gubernatorial candidate in the United States of America…..he has a different audience now…..money that folds…
Typical Lax Dad

I called it. We are now a Banana Republic.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:06 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:15 pm Strange story: https://x.com/HoustonChron/status/17650 ... 60882?s=20

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg went into Love Park Community Center Tuesday morning to cast a ballot for her own primary race — only to be told someone had already voted in her name, according to spokesperson Michael Kolenc.
... a democratic DA. Of course there is no chance this is a republiCON scam, dirty trick. :roll: :roll:

PS -----

Turns out the DA's "partner" had voted in her place. Nothing nefarious. The voting machine keyed on the woman's home address.
Glad to hear it was not nefarious. But isn’t that concerning that someone could vote as you?
Not really, I don't live in Texas :lol: This is ultimately a software user interface problem to make it more difficult / impossible to make the kind of mistake the DAs partner did. The problem has a simple solution. A system of universal unique identifiers that are used as the database key.

The partner also could have prevented this by being anal when interfacing with a government computer. I am.
Oh....you mean like a Government Issued ID.....agreed, thanks for playing. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:21 pm

At least they have bananas.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:39 am

I have a few conservative friends that have kind of checked out on politics and don’t really follow the January 6 events or all of the guilty pleas by Republicans…. These are normal people….I often ask if they could imagine their parents not caring about or following Watergate or Iran - Contra and they just shake their heads. When decent people no longer care what politicians do, you end up with a Banana Republic.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:44 am

PS -----

Biometric...but then we'll be hearing about Satan....
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:57 am

PS -----

Italian satellites and Jewish Space Lasers can alter even a government-issued ID. Prove me wrong.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:47 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:39 am

I have a few conservative friends that have kind of checked out on politics and don’t really follow the January 6 events or all of the guilty pleas by Republicans…. These are normal people….I often ask if they could imagine their parents not caring about or following Watergate or Iran - Contra and they just shake their heads. When decent people no longer care what politicians do, you end up with a Banana Republic.
Struthians.

When they came for the…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:00 am

PS -----

Italian satellites and Jewish Space Lasers can alter even a government-issued ID. Prove me wrong.
Nice to see we all agree that a government issued ID would have solved this.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:50 pm

PS -----

How about this as a new law. Every single American citizen is issued a passport. That way when the country starts circling around the drain we can all bail out and head to Cuba with no concerns.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

PS -----

You and Old Salt will wake me up when a Republican State makes absentee ballots illegal, right?

After all, you guys are "really worried about showing an ID to vote", right?

Right.

When are you guys gonna stop pretending that you care, even a little, about "elections security" and showing an ID to a human to vote? Will this ever end?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Nobody has still explained how the 2020 Presidential election ONLY suffered from all this alleged fraud including GOP candidates for the House and Senate who won THE SAME ELECTION with no fraud when they were ON THE SAME FREAKING BALLOT. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:41 pm

PS -----

You and Old Salt will wake me up when a Republican State makes absentee ballots illegal, right?

Right.

When are you guys gonna stop pretending that you care, even a little, about "elections security" and showing an ID to a human to vote? Will this ever end?
I do not not believe any us of want that...at least I do not. Not sure why you went there...but you do have problems staying on task when discussing matter. I suppose those that oppose proving who you are, while in person, likely also struggle to walk and chew gum. It's such a bad thing to do that...I mean scary too. ;)
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:48 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:41 pm

PS -----

Right.

I do not not believe any us of want that...at least I do not. Not sure why you went there...but you do have problems staying on task when discussing matter. I suppose those that oppose proving who you are, while in person, likely also struggle to walk and chew gum. It's such a bad thing to do that...I mean scary too. ;)
Do you show your ID when voting absentee?

Return to “POLITICS”