Voting Rights

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Voting Rights

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm Georgia Republican Party vice chair & conservative talk show host who whined about stolen election? Just found guilty of voting illegally 9 times.... more info

That special state election in Bama that the D's just flipped? Seat was vacated after the previous Republican rep plead guilty to voter fraud.

So do they just whine about it because they know they're doing it?
... its always projection with these cock*uckers. :roll:
There is no bottom. We are DECADES from getting rid of Trumpism. DECADES. You're a fool if you think otherwise. They Republican party of our youth is 1000% gone, bye-bye, never to be seen again. Wake up, Conservative America.
I have two mid 20 year old guys in my office. Their brains have been poisoned by this stuff. The look no further than what is in their the site formerly known as twitter and Instagram feeds. They are always shocked when I show them some facts.
Might be time to show them the door if they're that clueless.
Plenty of other young people with the capacity to consume information and process analytically. which I assume would be prerequisites for your business.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm Georgia Republican Party vice chair & conservative talk show host who whined about stolen election? Just found guilty of voting illegally 9 times.... more info

That special state election in Bama that the D's just flipped? Seat was vacated after the previous Republican rep plead guilty to voter fraud.

There is no bottom. We are DECADES from getting rid of Trumpism. DECADES. You're a fool if you think otherwise. They Republican party of our youth is 1000% gone, bye-bye, never to be seen again. Wake up, Conservative America.
I have two mid 20 year old guys in my office. Their brains have been poisoned by this stuff. The look no further than what is in their the site formerly known as twitter and Instagram feeds. They are always shocked when I show them some facts.
Plenty of other young people with the capacity to consume information and process analytically. which I assume would be prerequisites for your business.
That's the part that both sad and hilarious: ask these geniuses about where they get their news from.

They think Instagram/Tik tok/FB is the same thing as the Washington Post or the BBC. "Therefore" they're "getting their news from a whole range of sources".

And the biggest habit Americans have? They glance through a story----and go straight to the comments, where they're convinced "the REAL news is".

It's awesome. Couldn't be happier.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Undermining democracy and people's faith on the vote. A disgrace; how about do your job?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -election/

A federal court ruled Thursday that time had run out to draw a new congressional district in South Carolina and said the state could use its existing map this year even though it had earlier determined that map was unconstitutional.

The panel of three judges last year concluded that South Carolina’s Republican-led legislature “exiled” 30,000 Black voters from the district to make it safer for a White GOP incumbent, Rep. Nancy Mace.

South Carolina appealed, and both sides asked the Supreme Court to expedite the case to ensure a final ruling was in place well ahead of election season. The justices heard arguments in October but have yet to rule.

With no decision and the June 11 primary on the horizon, South Carolina sought permission to use the map this year even though it had been deemed unconstitutional. The panel of judges unanimously agreed Thursday to keep the map in place for this election.

It noted that courts typically don’t allow maps to be used once they have been found to be invalid. “But with the primary election procedures rapidly approaching, the appeal before the Supreme Court still pending, and no remedial plan in place, the ideal must bend to the practical,” the judges wrote.

If the Supreme Court later upholds the lower court ruling, then new maps would have to be drawn for the 2026 election.

Last year the panel, which consists of two judges nominated by President Barack Obama and one by President Biden, found the map illegally split neighborhoods in the Charleston area to make Mace’s race easier. The new lines constituted a racial gerrymander that “exiled over 30,000 African American citizens from their previous district,” the panel found.

In arguments before the Supreme Court in October, attorneys for South Carolina argued that state lawmakers had not relied on race to draw maps in violation of the Constitution. Rather, they used political information to help them decide where to place the lines, they said.

During arguments, a majority of the Supreme Court appeared inclined to reinstate the lines the state had wanted. Five months later, the justices have yet to rule. Both sides had asked the justices to rule by January.

By hanging onto the case, the Supreme Court effectively allowed the clock to run out for this year’s election.

Candidates must file paperwork to run by Monday and ballots must be sent to military and overseas voters by April 27 under federal law. That timeline led the panel of judges to let the state keep its congressional map for this year.

Those who brought the lawsuit decried lawmakers’ efforts to keep the existing map in place instead of drawing a new one.

“By refusing to take meaningful action, the legislature has undermined democracy and further entrenched voter suppression in the state,” said Adriel Cepeda Derieux, deputy director for the American Civil Liberties Union’s voting rights project, in a statement.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

It is really remarkable and sad… I had a debate with a guy that argued that “Main Stream Media” is “Far Left”…..when you tell them FOXNEWS is the most popular cable news network they can’t believe it. This is a middle aged man.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm Undermining democracy and people's faith on the vote. A disgrace; how about do your job?

A federal court ruled Thursday that time had run out to draw a new congressional district in South Carolina and said the state could use its existing map this year even though it had earlier determined that map was unconstitutional.

The panel of three judges last year concluded that South Carolina’s Republican-led legislature “exiled” 30,000 Black voters from the district to make it safer for a White GOP incumbent, Rep. Nancy Mace.

South Carolina appealed, and both sides asked the Supreme Court to expedite the case to ensure a final ruling was in place well ahead of election season. The justices heard arguments in October but have yet to rule.

With no decision and the June 11 primary on the horizon, South Carolina sought permission to use the map this year even though it had been deemed unconstitutional. The panel of judges unanimously agreed Thursday to keep the map in place for this election.

It noted that courts typically don’t allow maps to be used once they have been found to be invalid. “But with the primary election procedures rapidly approaching, the appeal before the Supreme Court still pending, and no remedial plan in place, the ideal must bend to the practical,” the judges wrote.

If the Supreme Court later upholds the lower court ruling, then new maps would have to be drawn for the 2026 election.

Last year the panel, which consists of two judges nominated by President Barack Obama and one by President Biden, found the map illegally split neighborhoods in the Charleston area to make Mace’s race easier. The new lines constituted a racial gerrymander that “exiled over 30,000 African American citizens from their previous district,” the panel found.

In arguments before the Supreme Court in October, attorneys for South Carolina argued that state lawmakers had not relied on race to draw maps in violation of the Constitution. Rather, they used political information to help them decide where to place the lines, they said.
You know what's coming next, right?

If these SC voters dare to complain about having voting districts in place that Judges found to be Unconstitutional, they're gonna point to it and say "see, even the Dems agree that our elections are fixed".

Neat trick, right?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm Undermining democracy and people's faith on the vote. A disgrace; how about do your job?

You know what's coming next, right?

If these SC voters dare to complain about having voting districts in place that Judges found to be Unconstitutional, they're gonna point to it and say "see, even the Dems agree that our elections are fixed".

Neat trick, right?
Like I have said for years….politicians pick their voters
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

It is really remarkable and sad… I had a debate with a guy that argued that “Main Stream Media” is “Far Left”…..
We see that right here a the Forum: formerly reasonable people telling us, with a straight face, there the American middle does not exist. It's either far left, or far right, with nothing in between.

So if anyone disagrees with their far right views, the person complaining or calling their BS MUST be a sooper-triple-extra-far-left American, and it's simply not possible that the other person is only one small step to the left of them. :roll:

And these geniuses still, to this day, think that far lefties have been (snicker) running our Federal government for years. Sure they have.

Which, of course, explains why America is about 1,000 steps to the right of any other 1st world country. :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

It is really remarkable and sad… I had a debate with a guy that argued that “Main Stream Media” is “Far Left”…..when you tell them FOXNEWS is the most popular cable news network they can’t believe it. This is a middle aged man.
weird......what does "main stream media" even mean ?

Even Russell Brand pulls in 5 times as many 'views', as "fox".

Rogan gets Superbowl ratings........

hillarious, you folks calling it "main stream" when , what, 200k people are watching, probably most stuck in airports.

howz that "scrolling " going ? Feces book was founded by an arsewhole. Mean, what kind of person starts a "rate the chicks" website........and, people think that's changed. Same for friends that rape..........ah...but boys will by bozy.

the giving pledge.......where your donated dollars grow and grow
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pmI have two mid 20 year old guys in my office. Their brains have been poisoned by this stuff. The look no further than what is in their the site formerly known as twitter and Instagram feeds. They are always shocked when I show them some facts.
If you're around high school lacrosse kids, they're eating up stuff like that. Andrew Tate type stuff. It's sad to see.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm Of course that's all they see. And these are SUPPOSED to be the group who understands how the internet works.

Yeah.....they DON'T understand how the internet works.

And those who do? Are filling their bags with money from these idiots as fast as they can.
Yeah, too young to really understand how it works. You have a good chunk of GenX and GenY/Millennials who grew up messing with personal computers. Then the early, good days of the internet that lasted through the mid to late 2000's. Back when the boomers would tell them "don't put your real name on the internet" and "don't believe everything you read on the internet." They had to actually learn how all that worked, back when it wasn't a single tap on a phone.

Now GenX/Y are having to tell their parents "don't believe everything you read on the internet" as they eat that stuff up and regurgiate it as gospel and get scammed left and right. And GenX/Y have to navigate the algorithm minefield with their kids at the same time.

GenZ and younger grew up tethered to and influenced by social media. They're not as technologically savvy as a whole as GenX/Y. They don't understand the basics of how computers and phones actually work other than how to run apps.

Obviously it's a generalization, but that's been my experience... in general.
runrussellrun

Only I can filter the junk on social media.....ah huh

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

That's the part that both sad and hilarious: ask these geniuses about where they get their news from.

They think Instagram/Tik tok/FB is the same thing as the Washington Post or the BBC. "Therefore" they're "getting their news from a whole range of sources".

And the biggest habit Americans have? They glance through a story----and go straight to the comments, where they're convinced "the REAL news is".

It's awesome. Couldn't be happier.
headscratching chuckel. YEAH.......the Washington Post IS the same as the Intercept. Why didn't you write the Washington Examiner. Wasn't it the "aliens stole Mike Jackson's baby" the same outlet that took down, by telling the truth....John Edwards affairs :lol: :lol:

besides....what a bunch of weird comments, especially, with pretty much all of YOU (collective) posting remarks, referencing "my facebook feed"., over the years. Only now, they....and only they, can determine what IS real.....and what isn't real. on their facebook/twiiter accounts.

Yeah.....suddenly......and, also, where IS the hyporcritical thread nanny ? b/c, Not sure what Smeegle, the addicktion that is your cell phone and any "feeds", has to do with voting rights 8-)

Here's some of them, over the years:
AFAN Re: 2018 Midterm Elections
... did they choose? Open borders. Pervasive government surveillance is my very favorite. Trump fans aren't for this? They didn't support the Patriot ... nation filled with fake conservatives. Know what's in my facebook feed? A bunch of posts making fun of socialism, coupled with photos of the .
RedFromMI wrote: ↑Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:00 pm
A few days ago someone posted on my Twitter feed the "death rate" for all common sources of power. Solar and maybe one other (maybe geothermal) were the ONLY ones with a lower rate than nuclear (which includes Chernobyl and Fukushima). Coal was quite large due to pollutants
wgdsr wrote: ↑Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:47 pm
a fan wrote: ↑Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:39 am
wgdsr wrote: ↑Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:22 am
and it begins...
https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/statu ... vzafw&s=01
Can't believe it took this long. This will be fascinating to watch. Welcome to the American free market.

Edit to add....I couldn't find this story anywhere else. Is this an accurate report?
either no or not exactly depending on what your take is.

couple things within the tweet feed... the follow up partial correction if you saw it:
https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/statu ... vzafw&s=01

and clifford had his own correction:
https://twitter.com/seancliff14/status/ ... vpmDw&s=01

so... to this point it's maybe just clifford and psu players w/psu and the b1g supposedly talking. untethered.

and then there was this re: the cfbpa itself a year ago (in the former tweet thread above), depending on how far you want to get into the weeds on one man's opinion:
https://twitter.com/dskamper/status/142 ... RqLAQ&s=01
Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US
Post by a fan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:47 pm

kramerica.inc wrote: ↑Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:37 pm
So let me ask it differently- You really don't think that the democrat party was courting them at all this year?
Courting Antifa? F no. You understand that their numbers are in the hundreds, right?

No. What I think is that FoxNation fell all over themselves to convince Americans who don't live anywhere near Seattle and Portland that both cities had burnt to the ground, and that there were millions in Antifa.

The people in both cities were laughing at the ridiculous hyperbole. My social media feed was filled with bar owners and distillery owners mocking the over the top coverage that was clearly an attempt to scare suburban and rural America.

That said? These same owners can't stand Antifa and their violence and bullsh*t.
Re: Racism in America- Riots Explode in Minneapolis
Post by a fan » Sun May 31, 2020 1:14 pm

BTW, my facebook feed this morning is FILLED with policemen kneeling in front of protesters. Policemen hugging protesters. Policemen holding signs saying "end police brutality".

Hope.

Guess, we can have it both ways......always . Only sucks can determine WHAT is real, and what isn't......on my cell phone addiction.

But, yup..... you over 50 year olds ain't no different than those 20 year olds.........

Fecesbook book was started by an ARSEhole.........

but, again, not sure what THIS has to do with voting rights ??????????

ballot access isn't racist.........and all of its hurdles.

but, dropping early voting by a few days, IS

carry on...............when you see hate......are you looking at your phone ?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pmI have two mid 20 year old guys in my office. Their brains have been poisoned by this stuff. The look no further than what is in their the site formerly known as twitter and Instagram feeds. They are always shocked when I show them some facts.
If you're around high school lacrosse kids, they're eating up stuff like that. Andrew Tate type stuff. It's sad to see.
Who is Andrew Tate? never heard of the guy........

but, why is his stuff, that type of stuff ?

Do you still believe that Jessie Smullotte was "attacked" ?

Or , that tRump stole the election, as Hillary claimed ?

Pro tip: You have to REQUEST an absentee ballot...........{mail in" is just sent out, to all registered voters. And, for your conviance, it is also in Spanish. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LATIN......as in "latin languages".

Like French.....and Italian ?

What else does the term "latin American" refer too, if not the French and Italians ?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I've been telling those same folks around here for quite some time that the things I post from Social Media (that you all claim to not follow) are what influences voters these days. Hell, Trump used SM to his advantage to get elected...and it worked.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:59 am
I've been telling those same folks around here for quite some time that the things I post from Social Media (that you all claim to not follow) are what influences voters these days. Hell, Trump used SM to his advantage to get elected...and it worked.
I see them in my travels on social media. And the point is not that they have no influence -- they do -- but that their influence is malignant, often context- and nuance-free, and more often grossly ill- or un-informed, and that you push them along as supposedly points of interest or viewpoints on the issues of the day.

Eating up Andrew Tate stuff is more than sad; if you have a daughter, you have to understand that it is overtly dangerous in the effect it has on young men whose brains are not yet mature, who are often guided by the pack.

We are a country desperately in need of civic education, and desperately in need of reducing the cell-phone centric culture of quick, no hassle information.
Last edited by Seacoaster(1) on Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yes, people who spread disinformation without clear condemnation are contributing to misinforming the less aware…not the opposite.

It takes very little to say, “This is misinformation being spread”. Better yet, share how it is wrong. And better yet, pinpoint the motivations behind the misinformation.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am
Yes, people who spread disinformation without clear condemnation are contributing to misinforming the less aware…not the opposite.

It takes very little to say, “This is misinformation being spread”. Better yet, share how it is wrong. And better yet, pinpoint the motivations behind the misinformation.
Tribalism is driving the political narrative in many places globally. Facts tend go get in the way of tribalism and the alternative facts that drive them.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:11 pm

Tribalism is driving the political narrative in many places globally. Facts tend go get in the way of tribalism and the alternative facts that drive them.
Nothing new, and those over 50 most likely had some form of critical thinking education, be it "rhetoric...the art of arguing", classics like Duh Toquissville and the Federalist papers.....lincoln douglass debates....sullivan vs ny times....ya know....sort of the class liberal arts education.

So, neat, captain obvious statement, now what ?

Do we pick only ONE tribe to only and always, get our information from ?

Only thing suck knows that IS laughable IS the premise, is that those over age 50 years, have mastered what IS truthful, and what IS not, on their news or fecesbook feeds.

the same people refuse to give ANY citations to their ridiculous lies.... scurry away with "...not going down this rabbit hole....".

Pretty sure, we can determine who the ones that want to lockaway, GULAG style. Like Nazi's....any and all that don't agree with THEM.

what is it.......the stoopid...."putineze, troll like...." kangaroo court definition of anything.

We get it. Approved lists, have already been posted.

Can't wait until tRump wins. Suck has an inside track, from his old Dept. Of Energy dayz. Good times. Is a publically owned company STILL maintaining our NSA work, with that cool inside the mountain place in Hawaii. Mean, we can log into our wells cargo account, buy some stock, and than what, get us some "updates" on our "competition" as "consultants".

What's McKinsey trading at ? Won't see the "boyz" up in Concord, NH until July, but is black fuzzy rock STILL privately held ?

those Ukraine girls, really knock me out......I dig the clothes they wear.......and Moscow girls make me scream and shout.......and GA....\

Same people fell for Jessie Smullette.........
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:01 am

Nothing new, and those over 50 most likely had some form of critical thinking education, be it "rhetoric...the art of arguing", classics like Duh Toquissville and the Federalist papers.....lincoln douglass debates....sullivan vs ny times....ya know....sort of the class liberal arts education.

Only thing suck knows that IS laughable IS the premise, is that those over age 50 years, have mastered what IS truthful, and what IS not, on their news or fecesbook feeds.

the same people refuse to give ANY citations to their ridiculous lies.... scurry away with "...not going down this rabbit hole....".

Pretty sure, we can determine who the ones that want to lockaway, GULAG style. Like Nazi's....any and all that don't agree with THEM.

what is it.......the stoopid...."putineze, troll like...." kangaroo court definition of anything.

Can't wait until tRump wins. Suck has an inside track, from his old Dept. Of Energy dayz. Good times. Is a publically owned company STILL maintaining our NSA work, with that cool inside the mountain place in Hawaii. Mean, we can log into our wells cargo account, buy some stock, and than what, get us some "updates" on our "competition" as "consultants".

What's McKinsey trading at ? Won't see the "boyz" up in Concord, NH until July, but is black fuzzy rock STILL privately held ?

those Ukraine girls, really knock me out......I dig the clothes they wear.......and Moscow girls make me scream and shout.......and GA....\

I see senseless page marks.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

OCanada wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:07 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:01 am

don't prefer to use prediction, as it goes hand and hand with bigotry.

My first order of bizenss as tRumps Information Zar, is to confiscate and BAN , from ALL internet access, IF they posted any sort of Putinesque, troll like behavior, regarding any such affirmation of the Jesse Smullette "story"

Item number two, would be ALL those that support, and continue to support, denial that Hunter Biden is a crack head, you illegally obtained an illegal GUN. And than, illegally disposed of said gun.

Item number three..........meeting with soon to be leader, as per the covid CARES act, the newly named Pandemic Prince (again, in the legal document, known as a US Congressional bill. ) clearly states this provision....tho, not Bill Gates name, per se. Either way, Biden, tRump.....Gates and his Epstein island gang will take care , to take care.

We should ALL brush up on our bridge, card game, eh. Or, is it Gin Rummy. I'd ask Jeff, but he "killed himself".

Sensorship IS cool. stay cool, canada
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OCanada wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:07 am

Best to put on ignore.

Return to “POLITICS”