Bracketology 2023

D3 Womens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Bracketology 2023

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxfan22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:47 am What did I say that you disagree with?
You’re simply not owed anything and the language used almost demands she speak up.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Did I say I was? I suppose we can’t discuss these things?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxfan22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:57 am Did I say I was? I suppose we can’t discuss these things?
If you took the tone with me in person the that you’ve used in these recent messages…that is all
See Martin, Malcolm
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

It certainly was not my intent to use any “tone” with you or anyone else. So what do you disagree with?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

All this talk and 14-4!

https://hwsathletics.com/sports/womens- ... core/28807

Herons running it.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxfan22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:52 pm It certainly was not my intent to use any “tone” with you or anyone else. So what do you disagree with?
Allegations and unfounded speculation about a decision and a coach then demanding they answer you. Let her throw up public comments about how you are doing your job and please don’t claim she’s a public figure and fair game that would be a joke.

Look William Smith just smoked Tufts. P’owned them. It’s done.
See Martin, Malcolm
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

What does WS have to do with certain teams getting bids? Did anyone suggest WS shouldn’t have been in the tourney?

Let me ask you, do you think depauw and mount union deserved at large bids? That’s the question. She doesn’t need to respond or answer or anything else but if she wants to explain the decision process, I think there are people that would like to know. I know there are kids who didn’t make the tourney that would like answers.
RocLaxFan

Post by RocLaxFan »

laxfan22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:08 pm What does WS have to do with certain teams getting bids? Did anyone suggest WS shouldn’t have been in the tourney?

Let me ask you, do you think depauw and mount union deserved at large bids? That’s the question. She doesn’t need to respond or answer or anything else but if she wants to explain the decision process, I think there are people that would like to know. I know there are kids who didn’t make the tourney that would like answers.
Look Laxfan22 its better to keep quiet and let people think you're an idiot than speak up and confirm it. WS has everything to do with it!
All the so called experts have been saying how great the teams in the Nescac are and how unfair it was that they had to play each other so early in the tourney. Disrespecting other teams strength of schedule is NOW turned back in you and the rest of your trolls faces. Looks like your so called power conference is overrated! Today's WS/Tufts game confirmed it. A 5-5 conference record doesn't deserve a at large bid no matter what your ranking is,
The NCAA is trying to grow Lacrosse nationally, This has been going on for years so please just go way, delete your account and come back next year,
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RocLaxFan wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:54 pm
laxfan22 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:08 pm What does WS have to do with certain teams getting bids? Did anyone suggest WS shouldn’t have been in the tourney?

Look Laxfan22 its better to keep quiet and let people think you're an idiot than speak up and confirm it. WS has everything to do with it!
All the so called experts have been saying how great the teams in the Nescac are and how unfair it was that they had to play each other so early in the tourney. Disrespecting other teams strength of schedule is NOW turned back in you and the rest of your trolls faces. Looks like your so called power conference is overrated! Today's WS/Tufts game confirmed it. I'm sure there will be others that will say it was just one game. But what I watched (until I got bored and stop watching) was a butt kicking,
13-2 at end of 3….The four goals and 18 shots were a season-low for the Jumbos.

Montgomery at 99pts and 88 draw controls now on her way to POY.
See Martin, Malcolm
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

All the so called experts have been saying how great the teams in the Nescac are and how unfair it was that they had to play each other so early in the tourney. Disrespecting other teams strength of schedule is NOW turned back in you and the rest of your trolls faces. Looks like your so called power conference is overrated! Today's WS/Tufts game confirmed it. A 5-5 conference record doesn't deserve a at large bid no matter what your ranking is,
The NCAA is trying to grow Lacrosse nationally, This has been going on for years so please just go way, delete your account and come back next year,
So yes, you believe that mount union and DePauw should have gotten AL bids? But not because they deserved it but based on geography? I’ll ignore your 12 year old churlish comments I’m the hope that you can act like an adult and discuss things in such a manner.
Bart

Post by Bart »

laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:51 am

So yes, you believe that mount union and DePauw should have gotten AL bids? But not because they deserved it but based on geography? I’ll ignore your 12 year old churlish comments I’m the hope that you can act like an adult and discuss things in such a manner.
Believed? That is a term that does not apply here. Deserved? Yes based on the criteria of regional ranking set up by the NCAA they deserved to be in the field. It is very difficult for teams ranked 6 or 7 in a regional ranking to get an at large bid. It has been laid our how this came to be. This system is far from perfect and yes, stronger leagues/regions are somewhat penalized but that being said a team still has win games.

You do not like the regional rankings, that is fine. What is your alternative? Spell it out completely and we can discuss the pro's and con's.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:44 am
laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:51 am

Believed? That is a term that does not apply here. Deserved? Yes based on the criteria of regional ranking set up by the NCAA they deserved to be in the field. It is very difficult for teams ranked 6 or 7 in a regional ranking to get an at large bid. It has been laid our how this came to be. This system is far from perfect and yes, stronger leagues/regions are somewhat penalized but that being said a team still has win games.

You do not like the regional rankings, that is fine. What is your alternative? Spell it out completely and we can discuss the pro's and con's.
And the Depauw coach said (as I know to be the case from D3 football as well) she was removed from the discussion. So what was said in the room isn’t hers or for her to share and she wasn’t part of it yet the demand for more information came after she said that.
See Martin, Malcolm
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Yes we know that the actual coach is never in the room when that school is discussed. That’s been that way for years. Whether there is still influence or not, I don’t know. But sure, I’ll concede that there was no influence at all. However l, The decision to include DePauw and mount union I think it has to be acknowledged had nothing to do with either being among the top AL teams in the country. If we want to make a geographic decision above all other, then so be it. Pick X number of teams from each region. I think that would be absurd but my complaints would then be misplaced.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Regions are arbitrarily defined. There’s nothing magical about them. It’s about grouping based on division 3 student athletes not being able to play a statistically significant amount of games OOC. It’s just speculation. Nothing more across regions and whenone interjects otherwise it’s a signal they think they know better.
See Martin, Malcolm
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:41 am Regions are arbitrarily defined. There’s nothing magical about them. It’s about grouping based on division 3 student athletes not being able to play a statistically significant amount of games OOC. It’s just speculation. Nothing more across regions and whenone interjects otherwise it’s a signal they think they know better.
I’m not sure what your point is. Yea it’s a little difficult to compare regions but there are enough data points to make pretty informed decisions.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:13 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:41 am Regions are arbitrarily defined. There’s nothing magical about them. It’s about grouping based on division 3 student athletes not being able to play a statistically significant amount of games OOC. It’s just speculation. Nothing more across regions and whenone interjects otherwise it’s a signal they think they know better.
I’m not sure what your point is. Yea it’s a little difficult to compare regions but there are enough data points to make pretty informed decisions.
Nope it’s just one exerting their claimed expertise over another. You are insisting you know better, that’s your entire argument.
See Martin, Malcolm
laxfan22

Post by laxfan22 »

Is it your opinion that mount union and DePauw are better than Amherst/haverford/Ithaca/Williams?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

M'bury - William Smith final has to happen...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:12 am M'bury - William Smith final has to happen...
Word
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

laxfan22 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:41 am Is it your opinion that mount union and DePauw are better than Amherst/haverford/Ithaca/Williams?
My opinion doesn’t matter I’m not taking your approach to this.

A fundamental flaw in your thinking:

Absence of Evidence DOES NOT equal Evidence of Absence.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”