NESCAC 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
candyman

Re: NESCAC 2019

Post by candyman »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:53 pm ODAC / LYN fan here.
Looking forward to the Wesleyan match up at Mustang Classic.
1st time match up and 1st time @ the classic for Wesleyan. Disappointed to see them draw Middlebury in 1st game when this is a great opportunity to play a South team.. Also a tough draw to then wait around until 2nd to last game Saturday.. lots of down time but will see good Lacrosse and probably be pent up to run.
I see Will Pillot is assistant. I’m sure he won’t let the cardinals overlook LYN. I know the bugs are anxious for another NESCAC matchup.
Safe travels and good luck (against Mid😜)
Out of curiosity looked it up and Lynchburg and Wesleyan actually have played each other before one time, 1996 with a 16-15 Wesleyan victory, hope the game Saturday is just as close.
http://athletics.wesleyan.edu/sports/ml ... y_opponent
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

I stand corrected.
Tight game the year before Coach K came to town..nice
LYN have a few N.J. and Mass. players but not many.
WES is loaded with Long Islanders and surrounding areas.
North South styles collide.
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

NESCAC Week 2 N.B.N’s Power Rankings
1. Amherst (3-0) (No Change)
2. Tufts (5-0) (No Change)
3. Bates (4-1) +3
4. Williams (1-1) (No Change)
5. Wesleyan (3-1) -2
6 Bowdoin (3-1) -1
7.Hamilton (2-1) +4
8. Middlebury (1-2) +1
9. CC (2-2) -1
10. Trinity (2-1) -3
11. Colby (2-2) -1

Saturday Picks

Middlebury 10 vs. Dickinson 8
Hamilton 8 vs Bowdoin 11
Bates 20 vs Trinity 8
Rochester Int. 9 vs Amherst 18
Wesleyan 16 vs Lynchburg 7

Sunday's Picks

Williams 22 vs CC 8

Monday

Roger Williams 8 vs Trinity 20
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Nothing But Net wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:07 pm 8. Middlebury (1-2) +1

A NESCAC true believer, I see :lol:
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

True NASCAC fan NBN.
As they say in the south “Bless your heart”.
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Saturday Picks

Hamilton 8 vs Bowdoin 11
Bates 20 vs Trinity 8
Rochester Int. 9 vs Amherst 18
Wesleyan 16 vs Lynchburg 7

Sunday's Picks

Williams 22 vs CC 8

Monday

Roger Williams 8 vs Trinity 20
Friday comes first.

Amherst 24 vs F &M 12
Wesleyan 13 vs Middlebury 9
Williams 16 vs Union 11
Tufts 25 vs Colby 8
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Yeah, I love me some NESCAC but NBN is pretty over his skies on a few of those. I like Wes over Lynchburg but in a very close one, nothing like 9 goals. Same for Amherst-RIT, I’ll take Jeffs but maybe 15-13. For Friday, I agree with sguy9 for the most part but I see Willians/Union as more of a tossup.
Nothing But Net

While I'm a NESCAC Homer.... No one could tell that?

I watched the Union/Williams Game... was much closer then thought. Union's Goalie did a nice job

Still very, very, very high on my Amherst Pick, while no disrespect to York, The collection of offensive players that the purple brings is relentless, love the Minicus Kid; very dynamic and will make the RIT defense have play at the next level. Maybe close early but still going with the fact that this will not be close in the end.

Not sure what I got with the Cards,... but I'll stick with the pick
pucksandbones

Post by pucksandbones »

I think picking your 8th best team in the NESCAC to beat the 8th ranked team in the country is a giveaway
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Nothing But Net wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:07 pm NESCAC Week 2 N.B.N’s Power Rankings
1. Amherst (3-0) (No Change)
2. Tufts (5-0) (No Change)
3. Bates (4-1) +3
4. Williams (1-1) (No Change)
5. Wesleyan (3-1) -2
6 Bowdoin (3-1) -1
7.Hamilton (2-1) +4
8. Middlebury (1-2) +1
9. CC (2-2) -1
10. Trinity (2-1) -3
11. Colby (2-2) -1
Never thought I'd see the day that Middlebury is considered the 8th best team in the NESCAC. Congrats to everyone else on upping their programs, but what's happened to the once potent Panthers?
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

SixBySix wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 pm
Nothing But Net wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:07 pm 8. Middlebury (1-2) +1

A NESCAC true believer, I see :lol:
Come again?
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

pucksandbones wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:34 am I think picking your 8th best team in the NESCAC to beat the 8th ranked team in the country is a giveaway
Apparently a giveaway of prescience. Middlebury comfortably downs Dickinson 16-11, CAC flexing, well done Panthers.
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

OMG the guy is some sort of NESCAC precog. Well done Middlebury. (Even though St. Lawerence beat them lol) :D :D
PicLax

Post by PicLax »

Great showing and play of lacrosse by the NESCAC schools at this weekend’s Mustang Classic. Some terrific lacrosse by all teams involved. Highlight would have to be the come-from-behind Amherst win over RIT. Both teams played very well. Obviously great offenses, but thought defenses also played very well. Many goals in unsettled or fast-break situations.
Nothing But Net

Week 3 NBN NESCAC Power Rankings
& Predictions

# 1 Amherst 5-0; Great Weekend for the Mammoths at the Mustang Classics, Absolutely crushed F&M in a total domination and showed championship character with the comeback against RIT. If they are not number #1 in the country someone over at IL needs their head examine. X play is the best I have seen at this level ever. The Gals signature wins this year look a little less impressive based upon recent play of G-berg, Stevenson & Lynchburg

#2 Tufts 6-0; the Jumbo seem to always play to their competition’s level. I’m just wondering what day will this catch up to them…, maybe sooner than many think…, but they know how to win…, even if it’s ugly. Strong Middy play and physical… all business attitude.

#3 Bates 5-1; The Bobcats Offense is quick, efficient and opportunistic, Sometime as I watch I think this could be a team that could give Amherst a run for their money if they can just eliminate taking their foot off the gas while on defense. Watch the video of Trinity game today and thought goalie play came up big when it meant the most and Coach L did a tremendous job working the refs to his advantage. The Bobcats should break the TOP 10 this week in IL

#4 Williams 3-1; still think Talent wise maybe the 2nd best team in the NESCAC; while they rolled CC today; consistency of play remains a question mark. I watched the Union game Friday night and felt Erphs played with passion and I think that they wish they could have Open Day to do all over. After, what I watched in the Mustang Classic; William should break into the Top 20 and see these guys close to that Top 10

#5 Wesleyan 5-1; Maybe the Cards with the National Championship under their belt only have to do what the Jumbo’s do: WIN, they are winning but I just don’t feel the same level of control of the games like they had last year…, and the Bates Game, was it just a bad game? Or a prelude to future problems?

#6 Bowdoin 4-1; I admit that I haven’t seen enough to really assess this team yet other than from the game highlight reels. I think that we will learn much more about this team this week with 2 good match ups with St. Lawrence & Middlebury. Are the Polar Bears Contenders or Pretenders?

#7 Middlebury 2-3; The Panther took care of Dickinson this past weekend and maybe showed the rest of D3 that it is not even close that the NESCAC is Heads and Shoulders… the best D3 conference in the country. I am still pondering the ST.L game and the early season kickoff with Bates and how it totally got away from them. While this is not a vintage Middlebury team they still have a lot of talent that can win any given day. You made the NESCAC Proud with your dominating performance vs. the Red Devils…, thank you for make me look good on that pick, I never had any doubts…… :idea:

#8 Hamilton 2-2; The Continentals have been playing teams with tough…. going to Maine and having a 7-5 lead at half time, but coming up just short vs the Polar Bears. Playing Tufts strong early on …, maybe with 2 more wins against a Trinity and CC could be their ticket out of the league floor and into the playoffs.

#9 Trinity 2-2; if they didn’t have bad luck this team would have no luck. Watched bits and pieces of both games. They may have the best FOGO hands down in the league, but they allow just too many transitional goals where the defense is unsettled and the other teams can take advantage. Based on the Goalie Stat lines, Coach T may need to invest in some Seeing Eye Dogs… :lol:

#10 Connecticut College; PJ Kellecher maybe the most talented player on any field he steps on. Face-off was a struggle this last game. The new 80 second shot clock rule, I personally feel has had the greatest impact on this team than any other in the NESCAC. A team that would run down it opponent and was very patient in the past is now forced to play a new style.

#11 Colby; Great effort this past weekend against Tufts. I haven’t had the chance to see much of Colby yet this year. While I know that it’s disappointing to come up a little short, a 2 point lost to the 5th rank team in the country can build a lot of confidence.

Predictions for Week 4

Monday 18th
• Trinity 20 vs Roger Williams 8

Tuesday 19th
• St. Lawrence 8 vs. Bowdoin 7
• Amherst 22 vs. Endicott 9
• Bates 19 vs. Keene State 5
• Tufts 16 vs Stevenson 6

Wednesday 20th
• Nazareth 8 vs Hamilton 9
• Williams 14 vs RPI 12
• Trinity 26 vs UMass Boston 4
• Merchant Marine 7 vs CC 12
• Wesleyan 15 vs Cortland 10

Saturday 23rd
• Bowdoin 8 vs. Middlebury 9
• Conn College 8 vs. Colby 7
• Amherst 25 vs Hamilton 9

Game of the Week
• Bates 16 vs Williams 17 (OT)

Upset of the Week
• Trinity 15 vs Tufts 14
remote

Post by remote »

WAs there a recent change at ahead Coach for conn college. I see an interim head coach. Is this new?
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

IM guessing thats a typo? Thye have Dave Cornell listed as the associate head coach. Corcoran used to be the associate head coach. As far as i know Cornell is the head coach
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Hamilton over Naz 17-12
Williams over RPI 16-7
CC over Merchant Marine 15-12
Trinity over UMASS-Boston 20-3

Solid day for NESCAC, surprised and impressed by the Williams margin over RPI, solid win for Hamilton, they are improved this year
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

IM guessing thats a typo? Thye have Dave Cornell listed as the associate head coach. Corcoran used to be the associate head coach. As far as i know Cornell is the head coach
Cornell listed as Associate Head Coach
Corcoran listed as Interim Head Coach

Heard a few rumors, but not at liberty to discuss here. Also hearing this change is just for this season. Anyone out there with more info?
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Wes over Cortland 13-5. Really something how Cortland has fallen off over the past 5 years

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”