NESCAC 2019

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Nothing But Net

Re: NESCAC 2019

Post by Nothing But Net »

My guess would be at some point heading into the 1st week of action. Bates has a few games before this but most likely wait with the others before posting.

What, I find interesting is in calling friends with kids on the teams here in the NESCAC,... everyone his tight lipped on their opinions... New Name for the NESCAC ..., AKA "the Belichick Conf."
Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck »

Did anyone catch the Tufts/Bates scrimmage, not sure what time it was or is, but if so, any color would be appreciated. Thanks
bullfrog1

Post by bullfrog1 »

23-11 Tufts
Woodchuck

Post by Woodchuck »

Thanks bullfrog!
Nothing But Net

Looks like Bates played a solid game against RIT, any color on this one?
isaacwright22

Post by isaacwright22 »

highlights from williams vs ithaca scrimmage

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afLWC0j8fXg[/youtube]
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

Nothing But Net wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:44 pm Looks like Bates played a solid game against RIT, any color on this one?
I was just a spectator, dont know whos who on each team. Great game in my mind. Alot of up and down play and some really nice shots. You could tell RIT had a few more games/scrimmages under their belt. Bates looked rough on O especially at the end of the game when they had a chance to come back but forced it alot. What really floored me with this new shot clock is RIT essentially killed the last 3 minutes of the game just standing around. They had luck on their side and got pipe and a few lucky rebounds to reset the shot clock but man that ending was brutally boring. What was even more strange is Bates just stood their until they went into a 10 man ride with about .40 left in the game.
Nothing But Net

Yes, heard was a fun game. Its my understanding from a Bate follower that they felt like they have a lot of room for improvement, the feeling was that they kind of let this one get away. It's still early for both groups
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Nothing But Net

NESCAC 2019 Prediction

#1 Amherst (loaded)
#2 Tufts
#3 Williams
#4 Wesleyan (Hangover)
#5 Trinity (Dark Horse)
#6 Bates
#7 Middlebury
#8 CT College
#9 Bowdoin
#10 Colby
#11 Hamilton (Another hard year)
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

This is going to be one of the most competitive years in recent memory for the NESCAC and for a league with so much parity that’s really saying something. Between what they have returning and what they have coming in, I’m of course rolling with my Jumbos. That said, even if it’s not Tufts, someone inside the conference will be representing the north squad in Philly this year.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
Nothing But Net

2019 Week One Games and Predictions

Wed. 27

Bates v Babson Bates 18 – 10

March Sat. 2

Tufts v Hamilton - Jumbo’s 22 -6
Connecticut College v Bowdoin - CC 10-5
Williams v Wesleyan -Williams 9-8
Middlebury v Bates - Bates 11-9
Amherst v Colby - Amherst 25 -10
Roger Williams v Trinity - Trinity 15-7

Sun. 3

Tufts v SUNY Cortland -Jumbo’s 14-10

Mon. 4

Thomas v Colby - Colby 14-6

Tue. 5

Curry v Trinity - Trinity 12-8
Bowdoin v U. of New England - Polar Bears 10-5
New England College v Connecticut College - CC 10-8
Amherst v Western New England -Amherst 25 - 7

Wed. 6

Hamilton v Utica - Pioneers 10-7
Coast Guard v.Wesleyan - Wesleyan 13-12
Union v. Williams -Williams 14 -10
Keene State v Tufts - Tufts 16 - 8
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Great stuff NBN, it is so nice to have games starting up and I love seeing someone kick off the speculation and predictions. That said, any response to a set of predictions is legally required to contain at least one gripe so I will go with disagreeing with Williams over Wes. I think in this game that is possible if not likely (did play a 1 goal game last year) but for the season....not so much. Even if the Cardinals spent 3 months after the NC chugging Maddog 20/20 and Schlitz I don't think they would have a hangover strong enough for that to occur. Williams has talent but they always seem to drop a few that they should not.
Nothing But Net

Maddog 20/20 and Schlitz, love it ....us old guys are showing our age ..., reminds me of my college days, lets add in Old Mil & Nat Bo, something tells me the athletes at Wesleyan are knocking back something a little more bosshie then what had.

I think that William/Wesleyan Game is the best one of the bunch this week. While I agree that the Ephs consistence is a ?, I think the best chance to get the Cards is early in the season.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Agree on the Ephs/Cardinals, should be very tight. Also agree that the Wes lads were probably celebrating last year with something a bit more bougie that the old Natty Bo. The only time we tried anything like that it was a disaster. Realizing that the ladies weren't exactly spending the week looking ahead to kegs of Milwaukie's Beast on the weekend, we decided to special order a keg of hard cider (this cost a relative fortune so everyone chipped in). At first it was great and clearly was better tasting than the usual swill. However everyone was drinking it as though it was the usual swill and cider is, uhm, not meant to be chugged or drunken in copious amounts. Soon, with the keg at least 3/4 still full, lads and ladies alike were staggering towards any available bathroom, bush or thick tree trunk in order to return the cider to the earth. So much for trying to show a little class. :lol:
lax7537

Post by lax7537 »

Predictions:
1-Tufts
2-Amherst
3-Williams
4-Wesleyan
5-Bates
6-Trinity
7-CC
8-Middlebury
9-Colby
10-Bowdoin
11-Hamilton
Nothing But Net

pcowlax wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:58 am Agree on the Ephs/Cardinals, should be very tight. Also agree that the Wes lads were probably celebrating last year with something a bit more bougie that the old Natty Bo. The only time we tried anything like that it was a disaster. Realizing that the ladies weren't exactly spending the week looking ahead to kegs of Milwaukie's Beast on the weekend, we decided to special order a keg of hard cider (this cost a relative fortune so everyone chipped in). At first it was great and clearly was better tasting than the usual swill. However everyone was drinking it as though it was the usual swill and cider is, uhm, not meant to be chugged or drunken in copious amounts. Soon, with the keg at least 3/4 still full, lads and ladies alike were staggering towards any available bathroom, bush or thick tree trunk in order to return the cider to the earth. So much for trying to show a little class. :lol:
lol, yes .... the Wine Coolers & the 22 Cent a minute calling cards...our first introduction to debt. Thank "God" we didn't have smartphones and vapes back then or we would all be doing time.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Bates leads Midd 13-7 after 3q
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Wesleyan leads Williams 11-8 in the 4th.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

14-12 Wes final. Awesome game. As always, the 4th or 5th best team in NESCAC is a top 20 team in the country. Williams would crush the best teams in many conferences but Wes just has the vibe, the confidence, the feel that if they just play their game they are going to win.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”