William Smith 2023

D3 Womens Lacrosse
RocLaxFan

Re: William Smith 2023

Post by RocLaxFan »

Last edited by RocLaxFan on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

That wasn't the only goal disallowed was it? At 4-4 WS also had a goal waved off. Never got the call on that one on the radio. No slight to SJF. They played well on a crappy wet day.
RocLaxFan

Post by RocLaxFan »

Last edited by RocLaxFan on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RocLaxFan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:51 pm
Laxgunea wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:38 pm That wasn't the only goal disallowed was it? At 4-4 WS also had a goal waved off. Never got the call on that one on the radio. No slight to SJF. They played well on a crappy wet day.
correct see pictures above your comments, Radio announcer didn't mention that she ran through 3-4 SJF players knocking one to the ground?
Did the announcer ever give an explanation on what he thought happened seeing that the goal was disallowed but WS retained possession?
I’ll admit my daughter in 3rd grad has been playing lacrosse for a year and a half and I understand like 17% of the rules. Meanwhile I coahc My sons 4/5 team….

However I teach them down here the Hobart way I know which is akin to Wu Tang Bringing the Ruckus crossed with Jon Reese crossed with Brodie Merrill so both my son and daughter will be pleased to hear the W/S girls were tricking ladies em route to the goal!

(They don’t even bother calling offsides and our in town team actually is coached to stay back while we played these exurban teams 30mi out who care less about child development than winning and just flood the half with all their players for which I was talked to once but probably not letting my daughter play in that league anymore. Appreciate teaching the proper way but it’s a joke when you’re losing by 15 and playing two person down the entire game.)
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue May 23, 2023 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
RocLaxFan

Post by RocLaxFan »

Last edited by RocLaxFan on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
westcoastlax

Post by westcoastlax »

RocLaxFan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:37 pm here is another same score 4-4 in the 4th. WS player scores but called for charge. (2-3 pic SJF player on the ground) However, male ref comes in and a conference discussion is made this time and WS gets the ball back, How can you have a charge and then get rewarded the ball? As you can see in last pic female has charge called but male ref calls something else? I think he called it after the SJF player got ran over?

Image two looks like a check to the body/sphere. The referee at the top likely called this before the charge occurred. He was in a good position to make the call.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

RocLaxFan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:51 pm
Laxgunea wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:38 pm That wasn't the only goal disallowed was it? At 4-4 WS also had a goal waved off. Never got the call on that one on the radio. No slight to SJF. They played well on a crappy wet day.
correct see pictures above your comments, Radio announcer didn't mention that she ran through 3-4 SJF players knocking one off her feet?
Did the announcer ever give an explanation on what he thought happened seeing that the goal was disallowed but WS retained possession?
Sent my post before seeing yours. No, the announcer just said it was strange and a puzzle, and he wished the refs were mic'ed.
RocLaxFan

Post by RocLaxFan »

Last edited by RocLaxFan on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RocLaxFan wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:26 pm Image two looks like a check to the body/sphere. The referee at the top likely called this before the charge occurred. He was in a good position to make the call.
if it was a check before the charge then why would the goal be called off ?
[/quote]

The charge would nullify the goal despite being play on from the check perhaps.
See Martin, Malcolm
chfan

Post by chfan »

And getting at John fisher in this round is a gift
Some gift! SJF has a very good defense and an excellent goalie. They may not have had the best SOS but they held all opponents to single digits, except WS in the regular season game. I can imagine SJF in the top ten in season end rankings.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

chfan wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:23 pm
And getting at John fisher in this round is a gift
Some gift! SJF has a very good defense and an excellent goalie. They may not have had the best SOS but they held all opponents to single digits, except WS in the regular season game. I can imagine SJF in the top ten in season end rankings.
The gift was Tufts. Running clock in Q3…
See Martin, Malcolm
RocLaxFan

Post by RocLaxFan »

Last edited by RocLaxFan on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Simple, it was a three second violation bc one referee determined that it was a three second violation. Period. (That and the refs were rooting for WS as Farfromgeneva alluded to.)

While you may consider the call ticky-tack, violations of rules are not supposed to be relaxed bc of the time left on the clock. Violations and fouls should be called consistently throughout the entire game. I would think all coaches would be in agreement with that. And I would also think that all coaches would agree that one single play does not decide the outcome of a game. (See tonight's FLA/CAR hockey game for a last minute of the third period example.)

No doubt SJF can watch the tape and see many opportunities or situations that could've gone differently and in their favor. Maybe win more draws? Maybe don't blow a two goal lead? Maybe shut off MM from getting the ball all game? Maybe don't turn the ball over in the last half minute when you're trailing by one?

“If you’re good enough, the referee doesn’t matter.”
— Jock Stein
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Nigel wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:35 am Simple, it was a three second violation bc one referee determined that it was a three second violation. Period. (That and the refs were rooting for WS as Farfromgeneva alluded to.)

While you may consider the call ticky-tack, violations of rules are not supposed to be relaxed bc of the time left on the clock. Violations and fouls should be called consistently throughout the entire game. I would think all coaches would be in agreement with that. And I would also think that all coaches would agree that one single play does not decide the outcome of a game. (See tonight's FLA/CAR hockey game for a last minute of the third period example.)

No doubt SJF can watch the tape and see many opportunities or situations that could've gone differently and in their favor. Maybe win more draws? Maybe don't blow a two goal lead? Maybe shut off MM from getting the ball all game? Maybe don't turn the ball over in the last half minute when you're trailing by one?

“If you’re good enough, the referee doesn’t matter.”
— Jock Stein
It’s science!
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Gettysburg girls seem thicker as someone who watches little college women’s lacrosse.
See Martin, Malcolm
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:10 pm Gettysburg girls seem thicker as someone who watches little college women’s lacrosse.
Watch more college women’s lacrosse.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:10 pm Gettysburg girls seem thicker as someone who watches little college women’s lacrosse.
We feed them well down here..GO BULLETS!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxdds wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:50 pm
We feed them well down here..GO BULLETS!
More importantly they had a step of intensity and speed on WS’ defense. They clearly wanted it more.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:30 pm
Watch more college women’s lacrosse.
I try as my daughters playing but given I have been coaching my sons team lately and work a lot of hours I’m not sure that’s feasible - she doesn’t want to watch sports at all only play them which is the right approach.

Point is Gettysburg was more physical AND faster today. And our girls got P’owned.
See Martin, Malcolm
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

I was just goofing around... Congratulations to WS on a fantastic season!! Please help a southerner, what is the correct way to state the name, is it Hobart William Smith or William Smith? Is it one school or two?

Return to “D3 WOMENS LACROSSE”