Maryland 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
AreaLax

Re: Maryland 2019

Post by AreaLax »

Terps played 3 tough games in 8 days. An away OT win, a midweek night game and away with in-state rival. They capped the last game with a great performance by starting Attack - Dubick with 5 goals, Wisnauskas 3 goals and 5 assists and Bernhardt with 3 goals and assists.

The FO duo who got it taken to them in the Penn game and bounce back in the next two game.

Dolan stood tall in all three games. He been a pleasant surprise.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Dubick has done well as the 3rd man on the attack, giving the Terps a lot of the type of play that Dylan Maltz gave the NCAA championship team 2 years back, that is, finding a lot of off ball openings for goals.
The Terps are still looking for the 3rd man on the first midfield. Snyder has been struggling with his shot. He did have a good game against Colgate with a goal and an assist.
Long had a couple assists against Navy on the 2nd midfield. Whether he would fill the bill on the first midfield is hard to say, as you are really looking for a shooter to take advantage of the openings created by the double teams on Bernhardt, Wisnauskas and Fairman.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

So. Logan Wisnauskas is the fastest Terp to 50 goals (23 games) since Joe Walters (22 games) reached the milestone in 2004.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Tomorrow game has been moved indoors and will still be on tv
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Looks like the team is getting in a practice at the indoor facility. They put out some video on IG
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Nice comeback by the Terps to put the game into overtime. I think the Terps were a little too soft defensively in the middle of the game.
Congratulations to Notre Dame for protecting their house.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Do not understand the weird rule when the ball hit the ceiling it was considered a shot

All in all like the Terps fought back. Special playing indoors on a irregular size fields.
Need to work on clearing

The commentator were horrible. Why can’t they focus on the play special when there are poor camera angles.
Last edited by AreaLax on Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I don't think it was considered a shot, it was considered OOB and the Md guy is the one who threw it up there. Very odd to say the least but you've got to figure this was discussed and agreed upon by both coaches prior to the game. Was a heck of a game.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Maryland's slides were not as crisp as usual.DD stood on his head...he had to. IMHO today he didn't receive the support he needed...and was used to getting.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Not a great day for the Terps' defense.
I thought Dolan did alright but there were a few goals where I wondered if he was having some trouble with the lighting.

While I hate to see the Terps lose, it's hard to feel this was a bad loss. Going out to Notre Dame was the toughest of the Terps out-of-conference games. They fought hard to get back in the game and take it to overtime. Of course, the Terps have to deal with Albany on the road, then Villanova and UNC at home, so no breather games for the Terps.
It was nice seeing Snyder get out of his shooting slump and score 3 goals. If this continues, it would be a real plus for the Terps. Of course, Kyle Long on the 2nd midfield scored 2 goals, so teams won't be able to play him to pass. Kyle also had 2 assists. Filling out the offense was a question mark for the Terps, and today things looked pretty good in that respect.
Live Free or Die!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:06 pm Not a great day for the Terps' defense.
I thought Dolan did alright but there were a few goals where I wondered if he was having some trouble with the lighting.

While I hate to see the Terps lose, it's hard to feel this was a bad loss. Going out to Notre Dame was the toughest of the Terps out-of-conference games. They fought hard to get back in the game and take it to overtime. Of course, the Terps have to deal with Albany on the road, then Villanova and UNC at home, so no breather games for the Terps.
It was nice seeing Snyder get out of his shooting slump and score 3 goals. If this continues, it would be a real plus for the Terps. Of course, Kyle Long on the 2nd midfield scored 2 goals, so teams won't be able to play him to pass. Kyle also had 2 assists. Filling out the offense was a question mark for the Terps, and today things looked pretty good in that respect.
I agree, not a 'bad loss'.
Potentially good for UMD to lose or two like this at this point in the season.
You learn more in a loss than in easy victories.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

From a pretty neutral observer, it definitely does not seem like a bad loss. Playing on the road, indoors, and a really impressive comeback in the last two minutes. Some gritty effort plays down the stretch by the Terps that are highlight-reel worthy in terms of hustle and toughness. Great game with two teams competing for 60 minutes plus.
Chuckman

Post by Chuckman »

Watching the game felt like I was sitting in bleachers with the rest of fans. Pretty cool. Frankly, I wish I was in stands as the announcers have to be some of the biggest narcissists around. They went on and on about themselves. I turned off sound every time they went into their supposed cute stories. Why cant they concentrate on game?
reLAX

Post by reLAX »

Playing indoors and on a non-regulation sized field definately was not in Maryland’s favor. ND is comfortable in that setting as they practice there. It has to be tough for teams to come in and adjust to the lighting and shorter field. I’m proud of how they fought back. The ceiling call was ... I have no words for that. I do feel a D1 game. In any sport, should be played on a regulation sized field....
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Playing in subfreezing weather with a wind chill in the teens is better?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
reLAX

Post by reLAX »

Drcthru wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:38 pm Playing in subfreezing weather with a wind chill in the teens is better?
Absolutely not saying that.simply remarking playing on a NONa-regulation sized field was a difficult adjustment for Maryland to make, ND practices there and are used to to the lights and field size.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

reLAX wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:41 pm
Drcthru wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:38 pm Playing in subfreezing weather with a wind chill in the teens is better?
Absolutely not saying that.simply remarking playing on a NONa-regulation sized field was a difficult adjustment for Maryland to make, ND practices there and are used to to the lights and field size.
Life is not always fair. Live with it.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

In PLL news look like most of the Whipsnakes team are Terps. 20 former Terps, only 6 aren’t Terps
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Ouch! A 11 hour bus ride back from South Bend after flight got cancelled

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”