Military readiness

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Military readiness

Post by a fan »

Already did. Not only did I quote you, I made the font bigger so you wouldn't miss it.

...and you still missed it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:07 pm Already did. Not only did I quote you, I made the font bigger so you wouldn't miss it.

...and you still missed it.
Which thread. How long ago ? I don't have time to review all your posts.
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:47 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:42 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:15 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:39 pm You don't get it. They're all BS. This 14th Amendment deal is as nutty as Trump's election fraud cases which are as crazy as the NY, GA, DC & FL cases against Trump.
You tell us that every single time that mutliple Republicans cop to multiple guilty pleas.

If these felony convictions and loss of their ability to practice law for 5 years was just another day at the office....why didn't you surrender your pilot's license at the peak of your career for five years, just for fun?

Oh, and then try and get Government contracting work with a felony on your record.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Again. I did not defend any of the election fraud cases.
Your analogy to my pilots license is just bizarre.
? you JUST defended the election fraud cases. Right now. Like five minutes ago. You telling me that you can't even keep up with your own claims in your posts?

Those election fraud cases you mocked have yielded multiple guilty pleas, with lawyers losing the ability to practice law for five years, with a felony record, to boot. And we're not done yet.
This thread. In our current conversation. In a claim that YOU JUST MADE about, and I quote "Trump's election fraud cases"...which you call nutty and crazy.
old salt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:39 pm You don't get it. They're all BS. This 14th Amendment deal is as nutty as Trump's election fraud cases which are as crazy as the NY, GA, DC & FL cases against Trump.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:08 am
You tell us that every single time that mutliple Republicans cop to multiple guilty pleas.

If these felony convictions and loss of their ability to practice law for 5 years was just another day at the office....why didn't you surrender your pilot's license at the peak of your career for five years, just for fun?

Oh, and then try and get Government contracting work with a felony on your record.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Again. I did not defend any of the election fraud cases.
? you JUST defended the election fraud cases. Right now. Like five minutes ago. You telling me that you can't even keep up with your own claims in your posts?

Those election fraud cases you mocked have yielded multiple guilty pleas, with lawyers losing the ability to practice law for five years, with a felony record, to boot. And we're not done yet.
This thread. In our current conversation. In a claim that YOU JUST MADE about, and I quote "Trump's election fraud cases"...which you call nutty and crazy.
OK, so you went back & altered my words in my last post.
Like I said, I had no idea what you're talking about, since I just said I did not defend any of the election fraud cases, which you also quoted.
I'm saying that the election fraud cases that Trump pursued were BS, nutty & crazy,
I was "mocking" (your word) the cases which Trump brought.
That's a criticism of Trump. Like I said -- I gave up on Trump the day after the election.
As I said above. I did not defend any of the election fraud cases.
I was referring to the election fraud cases that Trump brought.
Apparently you were referring to the GA RICO cases which elicited the guilty pleas from Trump's lawyers.
Try to calm down & read objectively before going off the deep end.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:45 amanyone catch the short piece on John Eastman on 60 Minutes this Sunday? That's what is coming should they regain power.
You Dems should retain Eastman to argue your 14th Amendment cases to ban Trump from state ballots. You've tried everything else.
"you Dems" ?

Did you watch the piece on 60 Minutes?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:09 am

Like I said, I had no idea what you're talking about, since I just said I did not defend any of the election fraud cases, which you also quoted.
I'm saying that the election fraud cases that Trump pursued were BS, nutty & crazy,
That's a criticism of Trump. Like I said -- I gave up on Trump the day after the election.
Apparently you were referring to the GA RICO cases which elicited the guilty pleas from Trump's lawyers.
Those cases in red are nutty and crazy?
Please identify exactly which cases you mean.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:14 am

He’s just saying words to no end. There’s no value, logic or consign envy in it. Just words. I wouldn’t read too much into an uninformed person who thinks of themselves as an expert on everything. Someone who doesn’t ask questions and has clearly lost any sense of intellectual curiosity. It’s just of zero value.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
a fan

Post by a fan »

I didn't alter doodly. You called the NY, GA, DC, and FL cases against Trump "crazy".

In what world does GA not mean Georgia? Your fellow poster read the same post that I did, and came to the same conclusion.

How about YOU take the blame for a change for writing an unclear sh(tshow of a post if you're telling us that GA doesn't mean Georgia.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:46 am

I didn't alter doodly. You called the NY, GA, DC, and FL cases against Trump "crazy".

In what world does GA not mean Georgia? Your fellow poster read the same post that I did, and came to the same conclusion.

How about YOU take the blame for a change for writing an unclear sh(tshow of a post if you're telling us that GA doesn't mean Georgia.
To be fair ( overly ?), I hadn't understood Salty to be saying that he meant "Trump's election fraud cases" to be the 50 failed cases. I'd thought this was the DC and federal and GA RICO cases, but ok.

But then he also says: "which are as crazy as the NY, GA, DC & FL cases against Trump."

I think I know all the cases that could mean, but Salty, please tell us which cases "against Trump" you are including that are "crazy" or "nutty"? Any you don't consider to be "crazy"? (BTW, pretty good litmus test as to MAGA)

Personally, I think the cases seeking to disqualify him from the ballot will likely fail, as I think they're premature, but maybe they'll be able to prove the key elements. So, if someone wants to call them "crazy" I can at least see some small basis as they may lose...but suggesting equivalency with the claims contained in most of those 50 'election fraud' cases is BS. There were numerous outright lies in those cases, knowingly false claims, the complete absence of evidentiary basis in most of those cases, none actually having meritorious evidence. Yes, "nutty" and "crazy" conspiracy theories.

By contrast, it's not at all "crazy" or "nutty" to claim that Trump gave aid and comfort to an insurrectionist coup attempt, participating in and encouraging the 'legal' machinations that were a conspiracy to defraud, the encouragement of physical violence, the failure to try to stop it, and then words of endorsement thereafter of the 'patriots' of that riot attempt to stop the turnover of power. Aid and comfort. Not "crazy" to see as such. Actual evidence.

Whether that will satisfy all elements necessary, I dunno. My guess is it will fall short.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Saltine is off the deep end as per usual. He just does garbage like this to jerk you around and to watch you go crazy. You fall for it every time. :lol: :oops:

He is not serious, is not interested in any kind of rational discussion and merely wants to perpetuate an eternal argument with folks who don't subscribe to his questionable reality.
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

a fan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:49 pm The Colorado lawsuit will fail. But you're on here telling us that everyone except for Republicans can file these suits.
Fun fact, Republicans are the plaintiffs in Colorado. They joined forces with the other side on this one.

A group of six Republican and unaffiliated Colorado voters have sued Secretary of State Jena Griswold in state court, arguing that Trump, through his actions in relation to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, “engaged in insurrection,” and therefore is ineligible to hold office under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:10 am

Saltine is off the deep end as per usual. He just does garbage like this to bust your balls and to watch you go crazy. You fall for it every time. :lol: :oops:

He is not serious, is not interested in any kind of rational discussion and merely wants to perpetuate an eternal argument with folks who don't subscribe to his questionable reality.
Not serious at all. Whiny but not serious. Shouldn’t be treated as such by anyone. That time has long since gone by.
See Martin, Malcolm
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Don’t Worry, It’s Not Foreign Aid… It’s Corporate Welfare!

https://original.antiwar.com/paul/2023/ ... e-welfare/

Faced with growing American frustration over more than $100 billion spent on a failed proxy war in Ukraine, President Biden’s handlers have hit on a gimmick to convince us that this foreign aid is actually an investment in our own economy! In his recent television address, Biden explained that as we transfer more weapons to Ukraine we then will build new weapons at home to replace them. That, explained Biden, means more American jobs and a stronger American economy.

So “Project Ukraine” is not really about foreign welfare, but rather domestic corporate welfare for the military-industrial complex. Should that make us feel any better?

There is no denying that this nearly two-year Ukraine/Russia war has been a boon for the US weapons industry. Profits at the military-industrial complex are back to record highs after a brief slump during the Covid scare. And the money that goes to the weapons manufactures also saturates Washington, DC: a little of it goes to the think-tanks promoting war, another little bit goes to the political campaigns of candidates who promote war, and so on.

As Connor O’Keeffe reminds us in a recent article at the Mises Institute, the arguments that more war spending is good for the economy ignore the “broken window fallacy” as first explained by French economist Frédéric Bastiat in his essay, “That Which Is Seen and That Which Is Not Seen.” In the tale, a shopkeeper has a window broken and must pay to have it replaced. The locals view the mishap favorably, as they see the $50 for a new window to be a benefit to the glazier which he will then spend, thus improving the economy as a whole. What is not seen, however, is what the shopkeeper might have done with that same $50 had he not been forced to replace a broken window. Perhaps he would have invested it in a way that created far more wealth and more jobs.

Unfortunately, Biden is not alone in coming up with new gimmicks to enable Washington to operate in a “business as usual” manner.

New House Speaker Mike Johnson has also been busy trying to convince us that sending money overseas is actually good for our own economy. Over the weekend he appeared on Fox News to tell us that sending another $14 billion to the wealthy nation of Israel is Republicans “trying to be good stewards of the taxpayer’s resources.” How is that? Well he came up with the gimmick that they would cut $14 billion from the IRS and send it to Israel.

Said Johnson, “Instead of printing new dollars or borrowing it from another nation to send over to fulfill our obligations and help our ally, we want to pay for it, what a concept, we are trying to change how Washington works.”

See the trick here? They are not “paying for it” by sending the money overseas, and they are not “changing how Washington works” by doing the exact same thing they always do: stealing from the poor at home to send to the rich in foreign countries.

Instead of trying to trick Americans into thinking that foreign aid and corporate welfare are good for our economy, why not just stop breaking all of our windows? Just end all foreign aid and corporate welfare!

This is precisely what I've been saying all along. Take all the corporate welfare profiteering out of war and then we will have peace. Nothing going on in the Middle East or Ukraine is any of our goddamn business. We have more than enough problems domestically as everyone on this forum knows. However, there is no profit to be made in solving or addressing the problems. But there is much profit to be made by promoting more war [profits that YOU pay for through your tax dollars]. I have repeatedly called for a 100% excess profits tax on all war profits - not one cent to be made in war profits by anyone. If the pro war crowd had any principle or rationality to their delusional ideas or if they had even the slightest degree of patriotism, they would call for no less.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:46 am In what world does GA not mean Georgia? ...
...if you're telling us that GA doesn't mean Georgia.
I have no idea what you are talking about. You appear to be losing your mind.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:28 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:46 am In what world does GA not mean Georgia? ...
Give us your Hunter Biden update, it's been a while.

Is it true that Hunter is the one who got Trump off the ballot in Colorado, with Weiss, Wray, and Barr cosigning?

Get back to us on this rumor.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:32 pm

Is it true that Hunter is the one who got Trump off the ballot in Colorado, with Weiss, Wray, and Barr cosigning?

What are you talking about with GA ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:37 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:32 pm

What are you talking about with GA ?
No one knows, OS. I'm much more worried about this Hunter and Colorado rumor. Focus on that.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:53 am

He’s just saying words to no end. There’s no value, logic or consign envy in it. Just words. I wouldn’t read too much into an uninformed person who thinks of themselves as an expert on everything. Someone who doesn’t ask questions and has clearly lost any sense of intellectual curiosity. It’s just of zero value.
I agree. Trump has already lost (essentially) the civil case in NYC (which will tear apart his so-called business empire). Trump will almost certainly be convicted on some or all of the criminal charges pending in GA, DC, and FL. The only thing “crazy” about those cases is thinking they are crazy.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:19 pm

I agree. Trump has already lost (essentially) the civil case in NYC (which will tear apart his so-called business empire). Trump will almost certainly be convicted on some or all of the criminal charges pending in GA, DC, and FL. The only thing “crazy” about those cases is thinking they are crazy.

DocBarrister
Or that Clemson would be out of the acc by now and control their destiny. ;).
See Martin, Malcolm
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:24 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:19 pm

DocBarrister
Or that Clemson would be out of the acc by now and control their destiny. ;).
Thinking the ACC will remain intact … now THAT is crazy.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”