Military readiness

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Military readiness

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:37 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:28 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:58 am Another navy sub commander gets thrown under the bus. The skipper of the USS Ohio has lost confidence of his superiors to lead. No details given. I'm hoping Old Salt chimes in on this. Did he drive his sub up onto a beach someplace and nobody noticed?
The Navy is a little careful with the crew of boomer boats, as they should be.

Who know? Bad debt (blackmail), adultery (blackmail) or any behavior that brings into question the CO’s fitness.

As far as the keepers of the Triad, the Scare Force, riven with Christo-fundamentalists, alarms me the most.
The navy does not go into detail to define how they " lost confidence" in these commanding officers. These officers did not enjoy a lot of time in these commands. Why didn't the Navy vett them before being given command,?? Something just seems very odd about this.
They had confidence. He commanded a few other subs prior.

Then they lost that confidence and removed him.
He is I believe the 3rd CO to bite the dust this year. I don't know what normal is when it comes to relieving someone of their command.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:58 am Another navy sub commander gets thrown under the bus. The skipper of the USS Ohio has lost confidence of his superiors to lead. No details given. I'm hoping Old Salt chimes in on this. Did he drive his sub up onto a beach someplace and nobody noticed?

Who know? Bad debt (blackmail), adultery (blackmail) or any behavior that brings into question the CO’s fitness.

As far as the keepers of the Triad, the Scare Force, riven with Christo-fundamentalists, alarms me the most.
The navy does not go into detail to define how they " lost confidence" in these commanding officers. These officers did not enjoy a lot of time in these commands. Why didn't the Navy vett them before being given command,?? Something just seems very odd about this.

He is I believe the 3rd CO to bite the dust this year. I don't know what normal is when it comes to relieving someone of their command.
I'd assume the command climate may have something to do with it...it may very well be the fleet and the Navy does not want that to get out.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Continued reverberations from the Fat Leonard imbroglio?

https://news.usni.org/2023/12/20/as-u-s ... -uncertain
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:27 pm

I'd assume the command climate may have something to do with it...it may very well be the fleet and the Navy does not want that to get out.
Can you explain what you mean by "command climate" and how that has changed one way or another and why?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:00 pm

Can you explain what you mean by "command climate" and how that has changed one way or another and why?
Command Climate, is essentially a survey of everyone under the command and leadership in a particular place and maybe even broader. It can take place for any reason, but often pre-post leadership change; it's how they can read the room.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:17 pm

Command Climate, is essentially a survey of everyone under the command and leadership in a particular place and maybe even broader. It can take place for any reason, but often pre-post leadership change; it's how they can read the room.
Ok, but what is your supposition about “does not want that to get out”?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

USS Bon Homme Vieux Sel, flagship of the fleet
IMG_6691.jpeg
IMG_6691.jpeg (99.5 KiB) Viewed 302 times
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:05 pm

USS Bon Homme Vieux Sel, flagship of the fleet
IMG_6691.jpeg
The US Navy should deploy that vessel to the Red Sea. I would like to see the Hoooties hit that target from a 100 miles out. :D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:58 pm

If your naval career has put you in command of a boomer you have proven your professionalism to your craft beyond a reasonable doubt to anyone. So if your command only last 6 months who made the mistake?? Since the Navy won't define why they lost confidence in your ability to command one can only speculate. Was it politics?? Maybe you weren't the type of ass kisser the new politically correct navy was looking for. The same issue exists in the Army and Marines. If your not an ass kisser you will be relieved of command. George Patton would be a buck private by todays standards in the US military. We won't even get into Gen. Curtis LeMay and his inhuman effort to firebomb Japan into submission. War is Hell, always has been and always will. There is no politically correct way to fight a war.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:05 am

If your naval career has put you in command of a boomer you have proven your professionalism to your craft beyond a reasonable doubt to anyone. So if your command only last 6 months who made the mistake?? Since the Navy won't define why they lost confidence in your ability to command one can only speculate. Was it politics?? Maybe you weren't the type of ass kisser the new politically correct navy was looking for. The same issue exists in the Army and Marines. If your not an ass kisser you will be relieved of command. George Patton would be a buck private by todays standards in the US military. We won't even get into Gen. Curtis LeMay and his inhuman effort to firebomb Japan into submission. War is Hell, always has been and always will. There is no politically correct way to fight a war.
Politically correct? Based on what? Do you know something, or not?

He wasn't a ring knocker, but his career puts him in attack subs and another boomer, the USS Virginia, during the Fat Leonard period. Now, plenty of other officers up and down the ranks have been relieved due to their involvement in that. I'd say that is more likely than some fever-dream "woke" conspiracy will-o-the-wisp.

Whereabouts and operational status of the submarine is a matter of great significance and sensitivity. Full stop. Fat Leonard hard compromised that operational security via bribery to include cash, alcohol and prostitutes.

"A Navy official told Military.com that the relief was "related to conduct rather than performance" but would not offer any additional details.

The Ohio is homeported in Bangor, Washington.

According to Balagna's official biography, he enlisted in the Navy in 1992 as a nuclear electronics technician before earning his commission in 1997 through a ROTC program.

Throughout his career, Balagna sailed on the ballistic missile submarine USS Kentucky, where he completed five strategic deterrent patrols, as well as the attack submarine USS Annapolis.

He served as the executive officer of the USS Virginia, and he commanded the USS Annapolis before coming to the USS Ohio. The public biography does not say when Balagna took command of the Ohio's gold crew but publicly released images put the date before January 2021."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... onths.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:45 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:05 am

Politically correct? Based on what? Do you know something, or not?

He wasn't a ring knocker, but his career puts him in attack subs and another boomer, the USS Virginia, during the Fat Leonard period. Now, plenty of other officers up and down the ranks have been relieved due to their involvement in that. I'd say that is more likely than some fever-dream "woke" conspiracy will-o-the-wisp.

Whereabouts and operational status of the submarine is a matter of great significance and sensitivity. Full stop. Fat Leonard hard compromised that operational security via bribery to include cash, alcohol and prostitutes.

"A Navy official told Military.com that the relief was "related to conduct rather than performance" but would not offer any additional details.

The Ohio is homeported in Bangor, Washington.

According to Balagna's official biography, he enlisted in the Navy in 1992 as a nuclear electronics technician before earning his commission in 1997 through a ROTC program.

Throughout his career, Balagna sailed on the ballistic missile submarine USS Kentucky, where he completed five strategic deterrent patrols, as well as the attack submarine USS Annapolis.

He served as the executive officer of the USS Virginia, and he commanded the USS Annapolis before coming to the USS Ohio. The public biography does not say when Balagna took command of the Ohio's gold crew but publicly released images put the date before January 2021."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... onths.html
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Looks like a 4 star army general was just suspended. He was trying to persuade a promotion board to promote an unqualified officer. It says temporarily suspended. That should read demoted to one star and strongly encouraged it was time for him to spend more QT with his family.
Correction, it was not for a promotion but it involved a command assignment.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:44 am Looks like a 4 star army general was just suspended. He was trying to persuade a promotion board to promote an unqualified officer. It says temporarily suspended. That should read demoted to one star and strongly encouraged it was time for him to spend more QT with his family.
Was the "unqualified officer" a fellow ring knocker?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:29 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:44 am Looks like a 4 star army general was just suspended. He was trying to persuade a promotion board to promote an unqualified officer. It says temporarily suspended. That should read demoted to one star and strongly encouraged it was time for him to spend more QT with his family.
Was the "unqualified officer" a fellow ring knocker?
Unqualified for command was the finding of the board. I have no idea what those qualifications were. The 4 star didn't like that decision.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Polish premier says, war in Europe is imminent:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/eu ... r-BB1kLdvr

“War is no longer a concept from the past. It is real, and it started over two years ago. The most worrying thing at the moment is that literally any scenario is possible. We haven’t seen a situation like this since 1945,” Tusk said in an interview with German newspaper Die Welt published Friday.

“I know it sounds devastating, especially for the younger generation, but we have to get used to the fact that a new era has begun: the pre-war era. I’m not exaggerating; it’s becoming clearer every day.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/do ... r-BB1kNgO9
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/it ... r-BB1kLs9P

I bet this is part of a campaign to get federal dollars from Washington DC. Naturally, those who stand to profit from it all are rubbing their hands with rapturous glee.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So the USS Boxer, 10 days into a deployment after an extensive overhaul has to return to port because the ship is still having issues. What the hell is wrong with the US Navy? They can't fix their ships and are decommissioning ships that are 10 years old. If the folks in DC that love to investigate incompetence at this level have some spare time why don't they bring in the Secretary of the Navy answer a few questions.
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:47 pm So the USS Boxer, 10 days into a deployment after an extensive overhaul has to return to port because the ship is still having issues. What the hell is wrong with the US Navy? They can't fix their ships and are decommissioning ships that are 10 years old. If the folks in DC that love to investigate incompetence at this level have some spare time why don't they bring in the Secretary of the Navy answer a few questions.
,,,but their DEI & climate commitment are first rate.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:47 pm So the USS Boxer, 10 days into a deployment after an extensive overhaul has to return to port because the ship is still having issues. What the hell is wrong with the US Navy? They can't fix their ships and are decommissioning ships that are 10 years old. If the folks in DC that love to investigate incompetence at this level have some spare time why don't they bring in the Secretary of the Navy answer a few questions.
USS Boxer might as well be converted to a bed and breakfast port side view for as useless as it is to the Navy right now. :roll: It may not be relevant but a friend of mine was a cook on a submarine. He use to brag about the maintenance people on the boat. There was nothing that they couldn't fix with whatever parts they had on hand. So after months of trouble shooting and testing they can't fix this damn ship. Someone high up the Navy chain of command should have fire coming out of their eyes. There are certain elements of the US Navy that are just flat out incompetent.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:32 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:03 pm
USS Boxer might as well be converted to a bed and breakfast port side view for as useless as it is to the Navy right now. :roll: It may not be relevant but a friend of mine was a cook on a submarine. He use to brag about the maintenance people on the boat. There was nothing that they couldn't fix with whatever parts they had on hand. So after months of trouble shooting and testing they can't fix this damn ship. Someone high up the Navy chain of command should have fire coming out of their eyes. There are certain elements of the US Navy that are just flat out incompetent.
Cradle...that's the issue. Everything, and I mean everything, has become so technologically engineered, to include circuity and dependent on a computer, that training is out of synch with staff vs equipment.

I am sure you saw it being in the trade....no longer just being a torch, vacuum pump, some silfos, a scale, and refrigerant. Not you need a bluetooth app, a laptop, access to the internet for software updates, etc-etc. Same thing happening in the auto industry.....recruiting for highly skilled staff is challenging enough in the private sector, far more in the military.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”