2023 Rankings

NAIA Mens Lacrosse
laxtea69

Re: 2023 Rankings

Post by laxtea69 »

DQKing wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:23 pm Just seeing if anyone is paying attention. :shock:
That being said I'll ride this bus and see where it takes me.
It could crash soon or it may be a few weeks when they go up against St. Ambrose.
That's fair. Like I hate to hold them to a lower standard, but they've never really beat anyone worth taking note of. So when they play against the other Heart of America schools, then I could confidently say whether they deserve top-10 or not.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

laxtea69 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:17 am
DQKing wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:06 pm My take after the first few weeks (although some still to play any games):

1 Reinhardt
2 Keiser
3 Cumberlands
4 Aquinas
5 Indiana Tech
6 St. Ambrose
7 Tennessee Wesleyan
8 Benedictine
9 Webber
10 Mount Vernon Nazarene
How dare you put MVNU in the top ten. :lol: Yeah, they're 4-0, but they haven't played any good teams so far this year. That is what MVNU does, they play bad teams to help boost their schedules to make their record better. Otherwise, I think your top 10 is pretty solid. I think a better 10th team could include Siena Heights, WP, or even Columbia at this point. Until MVNU plays someone competitive, I don't see them ever cracking RV or the top 10.
Ambrose looks like they are falling, fast, Indiana Tech destroyed them today. Their saving grace my be a weak conference, not sure how their conference is set up for playoffs, assuming top 4 which they should be over Clark and MVU. But they would need to win their conference to have a chance at nationals after getting handled by Reinhardt, Cumberland and IT.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

Quite the beat down by Indiana Tech on St. Ambrose.
SA definitely out of the top 10 at this point.
I think they rebound long term this year but it will be along road going forward.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

My quick top 10 at the moment.

1 Keiser
2 Indiana Tech
3 Reinhardt
4 Cumberlands
5 Webber
6 Tennessee Wesleyan
7 Benedictine
8 Concordia
9 Columbia
10 Mount Vernon Nazarene
laxtea69

Post by laxtea69 »

DQKing wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:40 am My quick top 10 at the moment.

1 Keiser
2 Indiana Tech
3 Reinhardt
4 Cumberlands
5 Webber
6 Tennessee Wesleyan
7 Benedictine
8 Concordia
9 Columbia
10 Mount Vernon Nazarene
I agree with some of this...
1. I agree that Keiser should be #1. They've been playing really good lately and have a chance to knock off RU this year, again.
2. I don't think that Columbia should be top-10. They have yet to prove themselves since they went undefeated 2 seasons ago. This season they've only played Midland, and Midland has been less than stellar this season.
3. I hate that MVNU is in the top-10, because they've only played crappy teams, but they did beat a struggling St. Ambrose. Soooo, I guess they can take the 10th spot until they lose.
4. Spots 2-5 are very difficult to rank, as all of them are really good teams who could all beat each other on any given day.
5. I think WP should definitely be considered into this top 10, maybe a strong 9 to 11 spot. If you have Keiser ranked 1st, Penn only lost to them by 4 goals. That is closer than what TWU played them to. Just a thought.
6. With that in mind, I don't think TWU should be ranked 6th. They're currently 3-2, with both loses coming against top 10 teams. Their wins are against.. well, really bad teams. So, I think they're very similar to Penn, where they should be bottom 9-11 spots.
6. This is going to be a crazy season when it comes to rankings!
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

laxtea69 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:16 am
DQKing wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:40 am My quick top 10 at the moment.

1 Keiser
2 Indiana Tech
3 Reinhardt
4 Cumberlands
5 Webber
6 Tennessee Wesleyan
7 Benedictine
8 Concordia
9 Columbia
10 Mount Vernon Nazarene
I agree with some of this...
1. I agree that Keiser should be #1. They've been playing really good lately and have a chance to knock off RU this year, again.
2. I don't think that Columbia should be top-10. They have yet to prove themselves since they went undefeated 2 seasons ago. This season they've only played Midland, and Midland has been less than stellar this season.
3. I hate that MVNU is in the top-10, because they've only played crappy team, but they did beat a struggling St. Ambrose. Soooo, I guess they can take the 10th spot until they lose.
4. Spots 2-5 are very difficult to rank, as all of them are really good teams who could all beat each other on any given day.
5. I think WP should definitely be considered into this top 10, maybe a strong 9 to 11 spot. If you have Keiser ranked 1st, Penn only lost to them by 4. That is closer than what TWU played them to. Just a thought.
6. With that in mind, I don't think TWU should be ranked 6th. They're currently 3-2, with both loses coming against top 10 teams. Their wins are against.. well, really bad teams. So, I think they're very similar to Penn, where they should be bottom 9-11 spots.
6. This is going to be a crazy season when it comes to rankings!
Just making conversation and I don't claim to be an expert by any means. Anyone else out there besides us two?
Agree that 2-5 are all very hard. I gave the nod to IT at #2 because they just beat Reinhardt and I find it very hard to put Reinhardt any lower as it just feels wrong and come tournament time you don't want to play them unless you have to -- in the championship. 5-10 is really tough to get a handle on right now. Looking at it further I see your point on TWU and WP and don't necessarily disagree. We should get a better idea on Benedictine when they play IT this week.
We'll see as time goes on.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

Almost forgot -- I kept MVN there just for you. :lol:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
laxtea69

Post by laxtea69 »

New OFFICIAL Rankings 3/8/23

1. Keiser
2. Indian Tech
3. Webber International
4. Cumberlands
5. Reinhardt
6. Siena Heights
7. Aquinas
8. Tennessee Wesleyan
9. MVNU
10. Concordia

RV in order:
WP
Ambrose
Ottawa
Lawrence Tech
Benedictine
Madonna
Columbia
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

The only thing I know at this point is that until Keiser gets knocked off they are still my number one.
After that the next 5-6 are just a guess.

Return to “NAIA MENS LACROSSE”