Way Too Early 22-23 National Champion

NAIA Mens Lacrosse
laxtea69

Way Too Early 22-23 National Champion

Post by laxtea69 »

Who do you have winning the 2022-23 National Championship?

I personally have to go with Indiana Tech or maybe even Keiser. Both teams have had glimpses of success, and maybe this is the year they can push through and finally win it all.

I just couldn't see Reinhardt winning it again. They'll be top 5 team, but I just can't see them continuing to win without Snow at the helm. Eventually we will see how good Yelken really is without the guys Snow already had there.

Some of my unlikely underdogs to win it all would be Aquinas, Webber, and William Penn.

What do you think?
Yeti_33

Re: Way Too Early 22-23 National Champion

Post by Yeti_33 »

Reinhardt has won this thing 5 times in a row. I agree at some point they have to drop, but until that happens I have to put them as the clear favorite to win it all.

I could see Webber making some noise. They gave Reinhardt and Keiser fits last year, and clearly don't have any issues recruiting. Will be interesting to see if they can turn the corner this year and make a run.
laxtea69

Post by laxtea69 »

Yeti_33 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:15 am Reinhardt has won this thing 5 times in a row. I agree at some point they have to drop, but until that happens I have to put them as the clear favorite to win it all.

I could see Webber making some noise. They gave Reinhardt and Keiser fits last year, and clearly don't have any issues recruiting. Will be interesting to see if they can turn the corner this year and make a run.
My only thing with Reinhardt is that they will potentially lose their top 3 goal scorers who scored 52% of their goals this past season. We all know that Bousquet was the main reason they did so well last season, leading the team in goals, second in assists, and second in GBs. If he decides to not use his 5th year there, they might struggle to fill in that spot.

I agree that Webber could make a bigger splash this season, certainly with all those transfers that they get. They play a hard schedule being in the aac, which could really help them out come tournament time if they qualify. I wish they would play a bit tougher out of conference schedule, but I guess they need to have some guaranteed wins by playing Clarke, Saint Mary, and Westcliff this season.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

Reinhardt on top until they prove otherwise.
Their one loss last year was an away game in double OT.
Until they falter this year they are still on top of my list.
laxtea69

Post by laxtea69 »

DQKing wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:00 pm Reinhardt on top until they prove otherwise.
Their one loss last year was an away game in double OT.
Until they falter this year they are still on top of my list.
That's a solid point. I'll ask this then, what would you consider them proving otherwise? Would you start having doubts about them if they lose 2-3 games, or would it inevitably be them losing somewhere inside the national tournament and literally having 0% chance?
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

5 years in a row and one lose in the last two years.
I don't think one loss is a concern as all teams have some games where things just aren't clicking.
Two losses would be a concern or even several one goal wins.
I am not saying they are a lock but if I was a betting man they'd be my pick.
With that consideration I'd put Indiana Tech as #2 as they've had three loses the last two years all to Reinhardt.
After that I think it anybody's guess: Cumberlands, Webber, Keiser, TN Wesleyan, Aquinas, St. Ambrose and maybe Benedictine could all make a run.
What do Cumberlands and St. Ambrose bring back versus last years roster?
I know someone mentioned William Penn earlier. Until they beat a couple of solid teams they are outside my list.

Return to “NAIA MENS LACROSSE”