The country that was

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The country that was

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 pm Keep blaming others...like your imaginary White Christian Nationalist legions, or the Soros NGO funded Antifa terrorists, while making excuses for your precious little hate filled poison Ivy saplings to whom you've bequeathed the keys to the kingdom.

Which party has vowed to divide the electorate by race & gerrymander the census & reapportion with a tsunami of illegal immigrants ?

Death to America ! We're all Hamas, Pig !
Soros funded antifa? Where the F did you come up with that one? Essays in last spring's "Hate Quarterly"?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm ...& they were crushed. Recall Kent State & Chicago '68....or they blew themselves up on the sidewalk.

They retreated to academia (& politics & the Senate) & spawned what we're seeing on campus today.
You don't care. And that's fine, you did yours....but you're a decent American historian, and know perfectly well that the country isn't falling apart any close to where it was in the 60's or 30's.
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm These clowns don't even have a war or a draft to protest.
That's right. Which is why it will blow away the minute the students find a cool concert to hit this summer, and the professional protesters who are running these stupid events will go away.

Remember how you and your buds flipped out about Antifa? And when was the last time you heard about them doing anything, outside of getting prosecuted?
I do care for our nation's future. That's why I'm posting my thoughts. I was alive in the 60's & '70's in the middle of it. What was your vantage point ? When were you born ? My peers were protesting an unpopular war in which they could be conscripted to fight. What do these DEI mush brains have to worry about ? Whether or not the student loans wasted on their useless educations will be forgiven.

I'm not worried about the welders & the pipefitters, unless Biden & the Dems scuttle all the pipelines, LNG terminals & oil & gas wells, or offshore all the UAW jobs to Mexico to assemble Chinese EV's.

Where's Antifa you ask ? Who do you think are the professional protesters you cite ? Who is buying the tents & hiding their faces behind the Hamas scarves & N-95 masks ?

The IDF has mandatory military service for all their citizens. The Ukrainians don't even draft men younger than 27. Yet who are we supporting & who are we undermining ? If the Ukrainians had built their defenses, served & defended their country the way the Israelis have, Putin would never have invaded or seized Crimea without a fight.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 pm Keep blaming others...like your imaginary White Christian Nationalist legions, or the Soros NGO funded Antifa terrorists, while making excuses for your precious little hate filled poison Ivy saplings to whom you've bequeathed the keys to the kingdom.

Which party has vowed to divide the electorate by race & gerrymander the census & reapportion with a tsunami of illegal immigrants ?

Soros funded antifa? Where the F did you come up with that one? Essays in last spring's "Hate Quarterly"?
https://nypost.com/2024/04/26/us-news/g ... tent-city/
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 pm I do care for our nation's future. That's why I'm posting my thoughts. I was alive in the 60's & '70's in the middle of it. What was your vantage point ? When were you born ? My peers were protesting an unpopular war in which they could be conscripted to fight. What do these DEI mush brains have to worry about ? Whether or not the student loans wasted on their useless educations will be forgiven.
What do they have to worry about?

Ok. Let's start with students: how much did it cost to attend college in the 60's tied to average US salaries, vs. where it is today?

Start there. Answer that question.

As for what do these students have to worry about? For themselves personally? Nothing. Same as it was when you were a kid. Or did you not notice that 1%ers like Trump ditched the draft, or were flat out exempt because they were college?
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm I'm not worried about the welders & the pipefitters, unless Biden & the Dems scuttle all the pipelines, LNG terminals & oil & gas wells, or offshore all the UAW jobs to Mexico to assemble Chinese EV's.
I have no interest in playing this "Dems are bad" game with you when you know perfectly well that your team GUTTED the middle class, and in particular, blue collar unions. You know this, and are playing games.
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm Where's Antifa you ask ? Who do you think are the professional protesters you cite ? Who is buying the tents & hiding their faces behind the Hamas scarves & N-95 masks ?
Gaslighting. You're not so slow witting that on one hand you rip MDlax for having White Supremacy boogieman.....yet at the same time, have antifa your personal boogieman (I prefer this spelling).

I'll tell you exactly who is doing the protesting of Israel. BAMN. Know who that is? I ripped Brookie for being a part of those liars. They've been on US campuses for well over 20 years, and counting. They're not kids, and are the bulk of the wankers you're seeing on TV, yet think those are all students because FoxNews sez they are students. :roll:
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm The IDF has mandatory military service for all their citizens. The Ukrainians don't even draft men younger than 27. Yet who are we supporting & who are we undermining ? If the Ukrainians had built their defenses, served & defended their country the way the Israelis have, Putin would never have invaded or seized Crimea without a fight.
Where'd this come from?

You yell at me when I do the "revisionist history" thing you're doing above, remember? We're supposed to talk about the present. Change your mind again?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm

https://nypost.com/2024/04/26/us-news/g ... tent-city/
Holy moly is that some tortured logic from a conservative rag chasing "the libs".

But hey, credit where credit is due: at least you have a cite, and it's not 100% your fault that's garbage "journalism".
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:21 pm But hey, credit where credit is due: at least you have a cite, and it's not 100% your fault that's garbage "journalism".
Is it accurate or not ? Prove that it is not. Who's buying all those tents ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 pm I do care for our nation's future. That's why I'm posting my thoughts. I was alive in the 60's & '70's in the middle of it. What was your vantage point ? When were you born ? My peers were protesting an unpopular war in which they could be conscripted to fight. What do these DEI mush brains have to worry about ? Whether or not the student loans wasted on their useless educations will be forgiven.
What do they have to worry about?

Ok. Let's start with students: how much did it cost to attend college in the 60's tied to average US salaries, vs. where it is today?

Start there. Answer that question.

As for what do these students have to worry about? For themselves personally? Nothing. Same as it was when you were a kid. Or did you not notice that 1%ers like Trump ditched the draft, or were flat out exempt because they were college?
Oh really ? Today, they don't have to worry about being drafted & sent halfway around the world to fight an unpopular war ? How old were you in 1966 ? I notice you cited Trump & not Clinton.
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm I'm not worried about the welders & the pipefitters, unless Biden & the Dems scuttle all the pipelines, LNG terminals & oil & gas wells, or offshore all the UAW jobs to Mexico to assemble Chinese EV's.
I have no interest in playing this "Dems are bad" game with you when you know perfectly well that your team GUTTED the middle class, and in particular, blue collar unions. You know this, and are playing games.
Clinton signed into law -- NAFTA & the United States–China Relations Act of 2000, granting MFN status & welcoming China into the WTO.

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm Where's Antifa you ask ? Who do you think are the professional protesters you cite ? Who is buying the tents & hiding their faces behind the Hamas scarves & N-95 masks ?
Gaslighting. You're not so slow witting that on one hand you rip MDlax for having White Supremacy boogieman.....yet at the same time, have antifa your personal boogieman (I prefer this spelling).

I'll tell you exactly who is doing the protesting of Israel. BAMN. Know who that is? I ripped Brookie for being a part of those liars. They've been on US campuses for well over 20 years, and counting. They're not kids, and are the bulk of the wankers you're seeing on TV, yet think those are all students because FoxNews sez they are students. :roll:
You're gaslighting, claiming they're not students. The cops are checking for student ID's & arresting the non-students for trespassing. The students cover their faces because they don't want to be outed on social media & have to answer for it in a future job interview.

Where's Antifa ? https://www.news18.com/world/is-billion ... 68038.html
A red Antifa flag with the three arrows (“Iron Front” logo) has been spotted at the ongoing extremist occupation at @Columbia University.

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm The IDF has mandatory military service for all their citizens. The Ukrainians don't even draft men younger than 27. Yet who are we supporting & who are we undermining ? If the Ukrainians had built their defenses, served & defended their country the way the Israelis have, Putin would never have invaded or seized Crimea without a fight.
Where'd this come from? It illustrates how screwed up our priorities are.

You yell at me when I do the "revisionist history" thing you're doing above, remember? We're supposed to talk about the present. Change your mind again? You initiated the callback to the Greatest Generation & their Boomer kids. I can't believe you're minimizing this hate. What if it was your daughter's senior year, she was preparing for finals & graduation, ...& you were Jewish. No big deal ?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 pm

Funny how someone mentions gaslighting but manages to draw me into their rants.

As for "liars", I have mentioned previously that much of the protests are being led by Jewish students:

"Pro-Palestinian protesters, many of whom are Jewish, prepared Seder dinners at college protest encampments, even as other Jewish students ..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/22/us/c ... eders.html

"Jewish student protesters say Columbia’s pro-Palestine demonstrations aren’t antisemitic"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 34817.html

''Jewish students have refuted allegations levelled by pro-Israel members of US Congress and university officials that protests calling for their institutions to cut ties with companies linked to Israel over the war in Gaza were “anti-Semitic”.''

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240 ... -protests/

Jewish students protesting Israeli repression can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45BvqdZtGQY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUaSl1zgpO8

Many streets protests in NY have been led by Jewish Voices for Peace, Neturei Karta, and Satmars as shown in the videos I've previously presented. I have also shown links to Jewish owned channels on youtube such as those of David Pakman, Meiselas brothers, Amy Goodman, Norm Finklestein, and Rothbard's antiwar.com ~ each dismissed as "anti Semitic Jews" by the bigoted delusionals on this board. All those accusations being projections by the real bigots here. If they had any honesty at all, they would admit that the leadership in all these pro justice movements are all Jewish. And just one last thought on students ~ I was a member of the Jewish students group when I was in law school - not one member was an anti Semitic Jew as some delusionals in this forum would have you believe.

But then, mebbe I shouldn't say anything as that will only stimulate more hate and projections from the gaslighters here.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 pm
These clowns don't even have a war or a draft to protest.
My peers were protesting an unpopular war in which they could be conscripted to fight. What do these DEI mush brains have to worry about ? Whether or not the student loans wasted on their useless educations will be forgiven.
Time to pile on....

In America you're only allowed to protest those things OS says are legitimate issues. And only certain people qualify for being able to protest. Definitely not students with heavy debt.

Will he counter with his usual "that's not what I wrote" or "don't put words in my mouth"? Sorry, won't fly. These are the exact words he said.
old salt

Post by old salt »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:28 am
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 pm These clowns don't even have a war or a draft to protest.
My peers were protesting an unpopular war in which they could be conscripted to fight. What do these DEI mush brains have to worry about ? Whether or not the student loans wasted on their useless educations will be forgiven.
Time to pile on....

In America you're only allowed to protest those things OS says are legitimate issues. And only certain people qualify for being able to protest. Definitely not students with heavy debt.

Will he counter with his usual "that's not what I wrote" or "don't put words in my mouth"? Sorry, won't fly. These are the exact words he said.
Death to America ! We are all Hamas, Pig ! The Cops are KKK.

Those are not just debt ridden college kids protesting. They are organized criminal activity.

Galloway is right -- something else is going on here.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2024/04/2 ... otests.cnn

...in a Harvard - Kennedy school survey of voters aged 18 to 29, the Israel-Hamas conflict ranked way down among their issues of primary concerns, it was #15 out of #16, it beat out student debt which was #16 out of 16.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am
old salt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 pm These clowns don't even have a war or a draft to protest.
Time to pile on....

Those are not just debt ridden college kids protesting. They are organized criminal activity.

...in a Harvard - Kennedy school survey of voters aged 18 to 29, the Israel-Hamas conflict ranked way down among their issues of primary concerns, it was #15 out of #16, it beat out student debt which was #16 out of 16.
Right on cue. Does it make you feel better when you include "debt ridden" in your description? You must believe it's pertinent.

At least you've clarified your position. No protesting allowed for concerns 17 and under.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Time to pile on....

That would mean that these college campus camp outs are organized and funded by someone. Maybe LL Bean had a special sale. Buy one very expensive 2 person tent, top of the line for 250 dollars. Maybe even LL Bean will throw in a free Nalgene bottle.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
old salt

Post by old salt »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:59 am
Time to pile on....

Right on cue. Does it make you feel better when you include "debt ridden" in your description? You must believe it's pertinent.

At least you've clarified your position. No protesting allowed for concerns 17 and under.
There were only 16 choices on the survey. Their debt is their choice - a conscious decision they made to invest in their future.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 am
Time to pile on....

There were only 16 choices on the survey. Their debt is their choice - a conscious decision they made to invest in their future.
And how is that working out for them? 🤔
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 am
Time to pile on....

That would mean that these college campus camp outs are organized and funded by someone. Maybe LL Bean had a special sale. Buy one very expensive 2 person tent, top of the line for 250 dollars. Maybe even LL Bean will throw in a free Nalgene bottle.
I told you what it was, and you folk ignored me. BAMN and the "from the river to the sea" nutjobs have been around for DECADES. Yes, they are organized, and organization always means funding of some sort or another. Did you see how the arrests in Texas had half non-students in the arrest record. And they step in and out of the spotlight when there's active heavy conflict. That's it. That's all this is. And summer break is in days......

And as usual, FoxNation is playing games, putting it all at the feet of Dems, and telling us the world is ending, and if you vote for Trump, protests will go away. Because naturally, the American far right LOVES Israel and Jewish people. :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 am
Time to pile on....

And farming is a choice. And yet we handout billions of dollars to them every year to them because Republicans like you think it makes perfect sense to give their tribe taxpayer dollars for doing nothing, yet giving taxpayer dollars to "someone else" is communism.

Don't like handouts? Great news. End all of them. As you know, I'm 100% for doing that, if only to show to your team that you'd live your lives in poverty without big government. Or---don't complain when you get them, and "someone else" doesn't.

75% of homeloans are backed by the Federal Government in one form or another. Please. Pretty please. Get rid of that, and watch your home equity fall off a cliff, while the folks who can't afford homes get royally F'ed with high rent prices because the value of those 75% government backed loans inflates the living hell out of home values.

We can argue "where's the line" for handouts all day, and that's fair. But what isn't fair is acting like these college (and it covers vocational training, too) kids are the only people in America getting handouts for no reason whatsoever.

I'm in 100% agreement that this is a STUPID program in that it doesn't address the root problem: make all State and JUCO run Universities free, or within a few dollars of free, just like every other 1st world nation.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am
Time to pile on....

I told you what it was, and you folk ignored me. BAMN and the "from the river to the sea" nutjobs have been around for DECADES. Yes, they are organized, and organization always means funding of some sort or another. Did you see how the arrests in Texas had half non-students in the arrest record. And they step in and out of the spotlight when there's active heavy conflict. That's it. That's all this is. And summer break is in days......

And as usual, FoxNation is playing games, putting it all at the feet of Dems, and telling us the world is ending, and if you vote for Trump, protests will go away. Because naturally, the American far right LOVES Israel and Jewish people. :roll:
Your almost on the verge of spinning here my friend. These young folks should protest as loudly and as long as they so choose. When the rallying cry for some of the protesters starts to include DEATH TO ISRAEL ☠️ some of their fellow protesters should pay attention to what they are hearing. Unless they agree with what their leaders are saying. What say you when you hear some of these protesters screaming DEATH TO ISRAEL ☠️ Does that bother you at all? That is a disturbing deviation from simply wanting a ceasefire. :roll:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 am
Time to pile on....

Your almost on the verge of spinning here my friend. These young folks should protest as loudly and as long as they so choose. When the rallying cry for some of the protesters starts to include DEATH TO ISRAEL ☠️ some of their fellow protesters should pay attention to what they are hearing. Unless they agree with what their leaders are saying. What say you when you hear some of these protesters screaming DEATH TO ISRAEL ☠️ Does that bother you at all? That is a disturbing deviation from simply wanting a ceasefire. :roll:
Just last night Bill Barr told us that you shouldn't take people literally. Or maybe it's just that you can't take some people literally. Or maybe it's just one person literally.

Edit - No, that's not what it was. I want to be precise. He said not to worry about it because what was being asked for didn't happen.

Return to “POLITICS”