SMCM 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

SMCM 2023

Post by youthathletics »

Any chatter worth chatting about before fallball? Does Childs hire an OC to get them to another level, they lost a heavy dose of upperclassman and I do not believe any came back for the fifth year.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
JPAtlantic

Re: SMCM 2023

Post by JPAtlantic »

I think they are already at another level. They won the United East and it was only NCAA BS that kept them out of the tournament.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

JPAtlantic wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:30 pm I think they are already at another level. They won the United East and it was only NCAA BS that kept them out of the tournament.
NCAA BS?

Were they not eligible for a pool B bid? Just didnt have the resume it appears
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

JPAtlantic wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:30 pm I think they are already at another level. They won the United East and it was only NCAA BS that kept them out of the tournament.
Their best win was a 1 goal win vs Randolph-Macon. You’re right they were screwed by the NCAA.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

I would say the opposite, I would say they are trending down. Joining the conference they did was a mistake for lacrosse. I don’t know if United East has AQ but they are definitely an example of a conference that shouldn’t.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

No AQ, was discussed in 22’ thread.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Cant lose to Morrisville and expect to get consideration for the NCAA tournament with no big wins coupled with those other 3 losses
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:16 pm No AQ, was discussed in 22’ thread.
Thank you. This proves my point, the move was bad for SMCM lacrosse. Sad to see them headed for obscurity.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

River Donkey wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:23 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:16 pm No AQ, was discussed in 22’ thread.
Thank you. This proves my point, the move was bad for SMCM lacrosse. Sad to see them headed for obscurity.
It's not like they where 'in contention' in the CAC in the past two decades either. Look at these results as far back 2002 vs conference opponents.

The UE may not be a great fit for lacrosse or even some of the other sports, but it is a home, if only for a short time. It gets kinda old getting your ass kicked by York and Salisbury every year....but hey, we did beat WashCollege for the first time recently......can we conceded to progress ;) ?

I think they are underperforming for a modicum of reasons. No true OC to stretch the minds and talent on the field, it's like watching a a conveyer belt, over and over and over. And when the defense has to go against that offense week in and week out.....neither side of the ball is really tested for season opponents.

Someone needs to be the ying, to childs yang, and challenge him, respectfully of course. Their practices, of those I witnessed, are riddled with the O playing man up....inflating the O's ego. And then with the D does jam it down their throat, they get bitter.

I hope to see the defense come out and smother the offense , denying players the ball, and force them to beat you 1v1.....the offense needs to get kicked in the mouth, regularly. Hell, a good team fight could do wonders :lol: .
~Livy
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:45 pm
It's not like they where 'in contention' in the CAC in the past two decades either. Look at these results as far back 2002 vs conference opponents.

The UE may not be a great fit for lacrosse or even some of the other sports, but it is a home, if only for a short time. It gets kinda old getting your ass kicked by York and Salisbury every year....but hey, we did beat WashCollege for the first time recently......can we conceded to progress ;) ?

I think they are underperforming for a modicum of reasons. No true OC to stretch the minds and talent on the field, it's like watching a a conveyer belt, over and over and over. And when the defense has to go against that offense week in and week out.....neither side of the ball is really tested for season opponents.

Someone needs to be the ying, to childs yang, and challenge him, respectfully of course. Their practices, of those I witnessed, are riddled with the O playing man up....inflating the O's ego. And then with the D does jam it down their throat, they get bitter.

I hope to see the defense come out and smother the offense , denying players the ball, and force them to beat you 1v1.....the offense needs to get kicked in the mouth, regularly. Hell, a good team fight could do wonders :lol: .
I admire your passion.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

River Donkey wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:59 pm

I admire your passion.
Certainly frustrating. I do not know the financial side for staffing, but know enough that’s it’s quite low. JC does a solid job with what he has, just wish he had more experienced, forward thing staff that not only challenge him but also the players.

A place like York has (I believe) a similar financial payroll for staff, but goes about schematics differently. It’s a tough spot…..if you don’t win you backed up against the wall by the AD and alum, and if you have no control over conference you are picked apart fans and alum.

It’s certainly a tough position. I believe a more rigorous practice regime and style would bear fruit.
~Livy
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:56 pm

I admire your passion.
Certainly frustrating. I do not know the financial side for staffing, but know enough that’s it’s quite low. JC does a solid job with what he has, just wish he had more experienced, forward thing staff that not only challenge him but also the players.

A place like York has (I believe) a similar financial payroll for staff, but goes about schematics differently. It’s a tough spot…..if you don’t win you backed up against the wall by the AD and alum, and if you have no control over conference you are picked apart fans and alum.

It’s certainly a tough position. I believe a more rigorous practice regime and style would bear fruit.
And with all this. He is doing a great job recruiting.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:56 pm

I admire your passion.

And with all this. He is doing a great job recruiting.
Agreed.
~Livy
HotbedD3

Post by HotbedD3 »

Jude Brown to Salisbury is a big loss, but also very cool to see how he'll do there
Slim

Post by Slim »

Jude is taking his 5th year at SU because SMCM does not have a masters program he wanted.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Good for Jude, will be cheering him on. SU is a different programs with different demands and standards. He did drop a 7 points on them last year. :D Maybe Berkman said....I'll take ya, just to not have to deal with you....again. :lol:
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Could not make the SMCM scrimmages....any intel?
~Livy
Slim

Post by Slim »

Lost to Essex...8-3 I think and beat Arcadia. Offense is sputtering, D and G play a work in progress. Ran a lot of guys in a very weird rotation...the players said in alphabetical order? Odd

Hoping they improve and grow up fast this spring, but they still should win the weak conference schedule.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

How did the freshman look
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Slim wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:18 am Lost to Essex...8-3 I think
Ouch!!
Slim wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:18 am Offense is sputtering, Hoping they improve and grow up fast this spring
Can't put this on all the players (not implying that was your intent at all), there is a system in which to abide. One that ALSO needs its pencil sharpened ..... we are far too easy to scout.
Slim wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:18 am D and G play a work in progress.
Slim wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:18 am Ran a lot of guys in a very weird rotation...the players said in alphabetical order? Odd
Maybe they didn't want hurt anyone's feelings? (kidding) ;) :lol:
~Livy

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”