Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by kramerica.inc »

RIP Diane Feinstein. She was the oldest member of Congress.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

Here's hoping Biden and all these other octogenarian and sick politicians like McConnell and Fetterman take time off to care for themselves.

1. Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California, 90 (retiring)

2. Senator Charles E. Grassley, Republican of Iowa, 89

3. Representative Grace F. Napolitano, Democrat of California, 86 (retiring)

4. Representative Bill Pascrell Jr., Democrat of New Jersey, 86

5. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, Democrat of the District of Columbia, 86

6. Representative Harold Rogers, Republican of Kentucky, 85

7. Representative Maxine Waters, Democrat of California, 85

8. Representative Steny H. Hoyer, Democrat of Maryland, 84

9. Representative Nancy Pelosi, Democrat of California, 83

10. Representative James E. Clyburn, Democrat of South Carolina, 83

11. Representative Danny K. Davis, Democrat of Illinois, 82

12. Senator Bernie Sanders, independent of Vermont, 82

13. Representative John Carter, Republican of Texas, 81

14. Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky, 81

15. Representative Frederica S. Wilson, Democrat of Florida, 80

16. Representative Anna G. Eshoo, Democrat of California, 80

17. Representative Kay Granger, Republican of Texas, 80

18. Representative Rosa DeLauro, Democrat of Connecticut, 80

19. Senator Jim Risch, Republican of Idaho, 80

20. Representative Virginia Foxx, Republican of North Carolina, 80
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Sheila Jackson Lee has quite the potty mouth. I'm guessing she just mother f***ed her way out of being elected mayor of Houston. If she talks to her own people that way I wonder what she thinks of the residents of Houston. She is a chip off of the old Joe Biden block when it comes to vulgarity and mistreating her own people. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:11 pm Sheila Jackson Lee has quite the potty mouth. I'm guessing she just mother f***ed her way out of being elected mayor of Houston. If she talks to her own people that way I wonder what she thinks of the residents of Houston. She is a chip off of the old Joe Biden block when it comes to vulgarity and mistreating her own people. :D
No dog in the hunt, have no warm feelings about the Representative, but I was intrigued at why you thought this has anything to do with "progressive ideology".

So, I looked at what she supposedly said, taped, and assuming genuine (would need credible testimony that it is, given that it was anonymously sent to media and has been getting promoted mostly on right wing social media,), it's simply foul language directed at two staffers (I assume that's all you meant by "her own people", not a racial component, right?). Bad boss behavior, but nothing to do with ideology.

I do wonder why people who are unhappy with staffers, to that extent, don't simply hire better...and fire any sub par people. But rants serve no purpose for a boss; and a reputation for such certainly doesn't attract the best talent. No problem, for me, with a bit of profanity and a sharp tone from time to time when really upset, but a rant means a loss of self-control...and why the heck do you hire people that you're going to get that mad at? Just fire them and hire better.

But do you imagine, cradle, that some right wing ideology people don't rant profanely at their staffers? You think it's something to do with "progressive"???
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:11 pm Sheila Jackson Lee has quite the potty mouth. I'm guessing she just mother f***ed her way out of being elected mayor of Houston. If she talks to her own people that way I wonder what she thinks of the residents of Houston. She is a chip off of the old Joe Biden block when it comes to vulgarity and mistreating her own people. :D
No dog in the hunt, have no warm feelings about the Representative, but I was intrigued at why you thought this has anything to do with "progressive ideology".

So, I looked at what she supposedly said, taped, and assuming genuine (would need credible testimony that it is, given that it was anonymously sent to media and has been getting promoted mostly on right wing social media,), it's simply foul language directed at two staffers (I assume that's all you meant by "her own people", not a racial component, right?). Bad boss behavior, but nothing to do with ideology.

I do wonder why people who are unhappy with staffers, to that extent, don't simply hire better...and fire any sub par people. But rants serve no purpose for a boss; and a reputation for such certainly doesn't attract the best talent. No problem, for me, with a bit of profanity and a sharp tone from time to time when really upset, but a rant means a loss of self-control...and why the heck do you hire people that you're going to get that mad at? Just fire them and hire better.

But do you imagine, cradle, that some right wing ideology people don't rant profanely at their staffers? You think it's something to do with "progressive"???
Because the woman referenced:

1. Had shoes on
2. Wasn’t pregnant in the kitchen and;
3. Had the temerity to believe she could affect change through obtaining some power and authority.

Oh and if staffers, they’re chattel, currency. And often used strategically, seats are the wrong fit let alone having real millstones to close to the central nervous system of a politicians existence. The cost of deriving some other benefit not involving operations or strategy day yo day/
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I'm not talking about Republicans who verbally abuse their staffers.Im talking about a much beloved Democrat who was caught on tape verbally abusing her staffers. I posted this where I thought it made the most sense. It doesn't surprise me that this forums preeminate FLP liberal Democrat would take offense. Your more bothered about where I posted it than the content of what was said. I actually thought for a brief moment there you might have been critical of the verbal abuse dealt out. Then I realized who was making the comment. To paraphrase SJL...if you had a f***ing brain you might be able to understand. Is that a personal insult?? I'm not sure anymore, the goalpost are always being moved. :D
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:34 pm

1. Had shoes on
3. Had the temerity to believe she could affect change through obtaining some power and authority.

Oh and if staffers, they’re chattel, currency. And often used strategically, seats are the wrong fit let alone having real millstones to close to the central nervous system of a politicians existence. The cost of deriving some other benefit not involving operations or strategy day yo day/
To paraphrase SJL...if you had a f***ing brain... so it's okay to treat your staffers to verbal abuse. Too bad the verbally abused staffer didn't punch SJL right dead square in the face and knock SJL on her fat ass and watch her spit out chicklets and blood on the floor. :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Alex, I wager a true double jeopardy….. “Who is just another Black female politician”….
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:25 pm

I'm not talking about Republicans who verbally abuse their staffers.Im talking about a much beloved Democrat who was caught on tape verbally abusing her staffers. I posted this where I thought it made the most sense. It doesn't surprise me that this forums preeminate FLP liberal Democrat would take offense. Your more bothered about where I posted it than the content of what was said. I actually thought for a brief moment there you might have been critical of the verbal abuse dealt out. Then I realized who was making the comment. To paraphrase SJL...if you had a f***ing brain you might be able to understand. Is that a personal insult?? I'm not sure anymore, the goalpost are always being moved. :D
Is she "beloved"???? I wasn't aware of that, but then I'm not a Dem, as you full well know.

Of course I agree that it's foul language...since when did you become so thin-skinned? Do you reserve your feigned moral outrage just for women using profane language...or blacks... or just Dems? Trifecta, you have all 3.

Me, I've heard just as bad if not worse out of lots of men...in no case did I think it was effective management of personnel.

Ya und?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:38 pm

Alex, I wager a true double jeopardy….. “Who is just another Black female politician”….
:lol: Exactly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:35 pm

Is she "beloved"???? I wasn't aware of that, but then I'm not a Dem, as you full well know.

Of course I agree that it's foul language...since when did you become so thin-skinned? Do you reserve your feigned moral outrage just for women using profane language...or blacks... or just Dems? Trifecta, you have all 3.

Me, I've heard just as bad if not worse out of lots of men...in no case did I think it was effective management of personnel.

Ya und?
Your not a liberal Democrat?? Coulda fooled me, you sure sound like one. :D
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:51 pm

Ya und?
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Alex is gone my friend. You should preface that with either Ken or Mayim.. :D not to be all nit picky but the correct response should be " who is just another black female politician with a potty mouth" If you had a f***ing brain you would know that? :D
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:57 pm

Alex is gone my friend. You should preface that with either Ken or Mayim.. :D not to be all nit picky but the correct response should be " who is just another black female politician with a potty mouth" If you had a f***ing brain you would know that? :D
I know Alex is dead. I visit my mother-in-law 3 days a week at her assisted living facility and watch Jeopardy with her…. I like Mayim but Ken is a natural.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:53 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:51 pm

Ya und?
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
Please clarify old sod. Is that a right handed hammer or left handed? Is that a galvanized 10 penny nail or an 8 penny rosin coated sinker? What type of wood am I nailing into? Are they being toenailed in? Will I need to drill starter holes? If they are finish nails to I need to set them in? Can I just use a framing nailer instead??
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:31 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:34 pm

1. Had shoes on

To paraphrase SJL...if you had a f***ing brain... so it's okay to treat your staffers to verbal abuse. Too bad the verbally abused staffer didn't punch SJL right dead square in the face and knock SJL on her fat ass and watch her spit out chicklets and blood on the floor. :D
Of course you’d spout out the dumb reductive and thoughtless conclusion and believe it’s a clever response. Further unintelligent and I enlightened but somehow feel better internally. Good job!
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

See my three points above
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ya und?
My boss at what at the time was considered a Bulge Bracket Ibank used to destroy analysts, throw chairs, smash phones into prices on the reg. Making a stick a year but he also went to a “proletariat” college (like myself) called Knox College in IL (then SIPA at Columbia for urban planning masters) and was stuck in a corner outpost through the DLJ merger so he never had a rabbi and acted as if he believed the HYP crowd surrounding him would and didn’t. Except they rarely acted like he did every day. It happens all over unfortunately.

And yea the moral outrage is an act and joke. He can’t punch at the weight class around here which is why you get the same tired and low rent shtick over and over again.

*(now govt subsidized in the hands of its in country rival due to Archegos, Greensill, but also everything since Bruce Wasserstein left and the DLJ acq which left the firm with a lot of ex Drexel folks in LOB control and they elbowed out the legacy managers in all the important jobs)
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:04 pm

I know Alex is dead. I visit my mother-in-law 3 days a week at her assisted living facility and watch Jeopardy with her…. I like Mayim but Ken is a natural.
At least you didn’t have to sit around for ages of Days of our F**king Lives for 30yrs because your mother recorded and loved that show.

God bless my mother but between Days of our Lives and her belief that Red Lobster was superior to every high end seafood place I took her later in life in every primary metro in this country except Dallas/Houston was just bizarre. I wonder what my old age weirdness will be. Maybe South Park and Buffalo Wild Wings!
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 am

At least you didn’t have to sit around for ages of Days of our F**king Lives for 30yrs because your mother recorded and loved that show.

God bless my mother but between Days of our Lives and her belief that Red Lobster was superior to every high end seafood place I took her later in life in every primary metro in this country except Dallas/Houston was just bizarre. I wonder what my old age weirdness will be. Maybe South Park and Buffalo Wild Wings!
Yours may be ketchup on spaghetti
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:48 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 am

Yours may be ketchup on spaghetti
Don’t do ketchup. But I do like chili or dinty Moore over egg noodles which was a dad special.

Ketchup, mustard, Mayo outside of tuna fish, white dressings, mustard based balsamic. All trash. Give me Salsa, hot sauce, wing sauce and soy sauce or give me death!
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “POLITICS”