Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Progressive Ideology

Post by dislaxxic »

Will the imagined "Blue Wave" really take place this fall?

Will the democratic party shake off their establishment types and effectively move the party towards a more left-of-center governing coalition, something it appears we SORELY need?

and by the way, how far RIGHT has the GOP swung lately?? Every time i hear some pundit intoning, always in a very worried sounding voice, about "how far left" the Democrats seem to be going nowadays, i have to laugh...has anyone taken a look at where on the spectrum the GOP is sitting right now?? :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It appears that the Dems have undertaken a massive drive to recruit new registrants. However, the party has done absolutely nothing to end gerrymandering which negates all those new votes. Nor have they done anything to guarantee that absentee ballots will all be counted.

Having more Dems won't mean anything to the party's success on election day if the voters (esp in the south) are turned away at the voting booths because they are told they are not registered, or are unqualified for crime records which may be real or imaginary, or because they stood on line to vote and the booths close at twilight time. This is why pre vote surveys are of little or no value today since they only measure the popularity of a candidate but do not represent votes that are negated or turned away on election day.

There is no question that progressive ideology represents the majority of Americans. But this may not necessarily mean that their favorite candidates will win office for the reasons stated above.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a political toon to illustrate this truth:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Should be a wake up call that the bag of tricks to persuade votes really boils down to substance; people want results. The latest bag of tricks is to try and convince us the POTUS is a traitor. Bottom line, life is mostly good right now for the majority of Americans, optimism is up, stocks are up, all races of people are working steadily, food stamps are declining. etc-etc. They can try and sell it that was all Obama's' doing, but that is going to be long hard sell that bares little fruit. The world today lives for the immediate....so do not try and screw with me making my house, car and light bill. They essentially have to want the U.S. to fail for the them to win.....and that is messed up.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote:Should be a wake up call that the bag of tricks to persuade votes really boils down to substance; people want results. The latest bag of tricks is to try and convince us the POTUS is a traitor. Bottom line, life is mostly good right now for the majority of Americans, optimism is up, stocks are up, all races of people are working steadily, food stamps are declining. etc-etc. They can try and sell it that was all Obama's' doing, but that is going to be long hard sell that bares little fruit. The world today lives for the immediate....so do not try and screw with me making my house, car and light bill. They essentially have to want the U.S. to fail for the them to win.....and that is messed up.
Let's see what the evidence says. Rachel and Tucker's opinions are meaningless.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

people want results -
POTUS traitor ...

WE got results during the Obama years. But all right wingers would look at was the national debt. And while it continues to grow today, those same pundits are ignoring it. Those same delusionals told us the POTUS was foreign born and was a divider. But as we all know, none of those claims had any truth to them at all.

Today, Trump's disapproval ratings are at 60%. No surprise when you consider how the debt has increased, farmers are getting more screwed than ever, racial division is far worse than before, and people all over the land and throughout the world are laughing at Trump.

Right wingers in Congress wasted millions of tax dollars investigating the deaths of 4 Americans in Benghazi but have ignored the deaths of thousands of Americans in Puerto Rico.

By the way, if the economy is as great as claimed by the far right, kindly explain this:

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

ABC has Trump’s approval among black Americans at 3%. 93% disapprove.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Black voter suppression attempt in Georgia:

White Male Candidate in Georgia Suppressing Black Votes for Black Woman Challenger by (Ab)using People with Disabilities
Stacey Abrams' opponent is afraid to compete fairly, so his buddy is orchestrating a move so offensive it's hard to believe, even for a red state.

https://www.diversityinc.com/abrams-voters-kemp-ada

thankfully this was overturned (for now):

On Friday, a Georgia elections board blocked a bid to close most polling places in Randolph County, a predominantly Black county, after critics called it a blatant attempt to undercut Stacey Abrams, who could become the country's first Black woman governor.

The ruling was a win for Abrams' campaign, which aims to turn out more rural Black voters.

Abrams released the following statement:

"Today is a triumph, not just for the people of Randolph County, but for every Georgian. In a predominantly Black, rural community, where public transportation is severely lacking, asking voters to travel up to 30 miles to access the ballot box would have been antithetical to our democratic values.

"I applaud Randolph County on its decision keep all nine of its polling locations open—and I recommit to ensuring that all eligible Georgians in every region of our state have access the ballot box, to cast their votes and make their voices heard."

related articles

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 92355.html

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ra ... b1febb04fc

https://thegrio.com/2018/08/18/georgia- ... ppression/

Again, while the majority of voters in many districts (indeed, throughout the USA) support progressive ideology as opposed to right wing delusionalism, these numbers are of little value if their votes will be suppressed either by closing of voting booths, redirecting people to voting facilities in other parts of towns, denying that voters are registered or that they are qualified to be registered, denying people time away from work in order to vote, or in another myriad of ways.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Should be a wake up call that the bag of tricks to persuade votes really boils down to substance; people want results. The latest bag of tricks is to try and convince us the POTUS is a traitor. Bottom line, life is mostly good right now for the majority of Americans, optimism is up, stocks are up, all races of people are working steadily, food stamps are declining. etc-etc. They can try and sell it that was all Obama's' doing, but that is going to be long hard sell that bares little fruit. The world today lives for the immediate....so do not try and screw with me making my house, car and light bill. They essentially have to want the U.S. to fail for the them to win.....and that is messed up.
Agreed to an extent.

Hypothetical.... let's say Trump "colluded" with the Russians to get elected, not voter fraud, but intel type stuff. That still does not discount that things are running quite smoothly for the average American as I noted above. So when someone walks into a polling booth, even if they know Trump had help against his opponent HRC, their world is better at this time for their family and the bills are getting paid, often with a bit more discretionary income.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Agreed to an extent.

Hypothetical.... let's say Trump "colluded" with the Russians to get elected, not voter fraud, but intel type stuff. That still does not discount that things are running quite smoothly for the average American as I noted above. So when someone walks into a polling booth, even if they know Trump had help against his opponent HRC, their world is better at this time for their family and the bills are getting paid, often with a bit more discretionary income.
Come one man. You are basically saying if a leader works with foreign military intelligence to hurt their opponent and boost their efforts to win an election and things continue to go well, we shouldn’t care? Inside traders see harsher punishment. What about people who didn’t vote because of messaging targeted to discourage them from voting... that doesn’t matter to you? Why don’t you take a look at how the economy and stock market did under Obama’s run.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Agreed to an extent.

Come one man. You are basically saying if a leader works with foreign military intelligence to hurt their opponent and boost their efforts to win an election and things continue to go well, we shouldn’t care? Inside traders see harsher punishment. What about people who didn’t vote because of messaging targeted to discourage them from voting... that doesn’t matter to you? Why don’t you take a look at how the economy and stock market did under Obama’s run.
I may not have conveyed my thought well enough. I believe the majority of people that do not watch or care about the news, those that are not as informed as you and I (we are the 1 %ers of politics), could give two figs about Russian collusion on intel of HRC or a political opponent...etc. Proof is that HRC and political left already got away with something closely similar in the dossier.

Think of it this way.....everyone already knows politicians are crooks (see below), so unless a law is broken, the left is going to have to find a way to steal everyones lollipop and make them think it is for their own good, they will like it, and we will now have steak and tiramisu for everyone.

~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

It is about what is right and just. 63% of the people surveyed want the investigation to continue. If these guys broke laws and stole an election you don’t care?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:It is about what is right and just. 63% of the people surveyed want the investigation to continue. If these guys broke laws and stole an election you don’t care?
Jeeez...yes I care (where is the hand on head emoji), but most people who walk into the voting are thinking about THEIR OWN WELL BEING, AND IF IT IS GOOD, THEY WILL NOT RISK SIGNIFICANT CHANGE.

Maybe you are confused or skeptical about my comments because I am an (r) and I am using emotion to justify my logic.....that can be confusing to a (d). :lol: ;)
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:It is about what is right and just. 63% of the people surveyed want the investigation to continue. If these guys broke laws and stole an election you don’t care?
Jeeez...yes I care (where is the hand on head emoji), but most people who walk into the voting are thinking about THEIR OWN WELL BEING, AND IF IT IS GOOD, THEY WILL NOT RISK SIGNIFICANT CHANGE.

Maybe you are confused or skeptical about my comments because I am an (r) and I am using emotion to justify my logic.....that can be confusing to a (d). :lol: ;)
I can only worry about what I know is right and just or legal versus illegal. What some hayseed or knucklehead doesn’t care about has little impact on my thinking. Maybe I am naive in my patriotism.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Key Lesson of Ayanna Pressley’s Victory

Tip O'Neil's famous maxim about All Politics Being Local may be out the window in the Age of TrumpleThinSkin...

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Top right hand corner of Drudge report. Was John Brown of Harpers ferry claim a progressive?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

runrussellrun wrote:Top right hand corner of Drudge report. Was John Brown of Harpers ferry claim a progressive?
No. He was pro-gun :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

So is Bernie Sanders :D
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

runrussellrun wrote:So is Bernie Sanders :D
It's kind of funny. Actual liberals and progressives should be pro-gun like Sanders is (to an extent, he's voted for assault weapon bans, standard capacity magazine bans and other things) as it's a civil right. They always say things like "prohibition" doesn't work on matters like weed and abortion and other things that could be better handled of by other programs.

Who knew Republicans (and us pro-gun indies) were so progressive regarding some civil rights? :)

Return to “POLITICS”