NCAC 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
oldtimelax

NCAC 2023

Post by oldtimelax »

No chatter on this conference since school started.

Denison is still the big dog, but reports are that they have dropped out of the elite Mustang Classic in March. Is there a change in strategy on how they play their out-of-conference schedule?

Kenyon emerged as the #2 team in the conference last season, beating OWU twice, the second win a rout in the conference playoffs. Did they recruit another strong class and are upping their out-of-conference exposure?

Is OWU sliding and is Oberlin ready to move into the top echelon? Where's Witt, Wooster and DePauw? New coaches at Hiram and Wabash and Allegheny departs for the PAC.
BIGDAWG

Re: NCAC 2023

Post by BIGDAWG »

Going to be a young team at OWU this year, but tons of promising talent. I have a feeling Kenyon will struggle to fill the shoes of a very strong graduating class. The real team to watch this year is Wooster. Hearing they have an OSU transfer at attack and a culture change that should put them in the upper tier of the NCAC.
Bonkboo

Post by Bonkboo »

Colin McCarthy from Fairfield Ludlowe has been an impact middie for that FCIAC school since sophomore year. Be interesting to see if he can fill some holes this year at Kenyon.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Denison schedule has been posted …. We knew there would be no Mustang Classic which in and of itself is disappointing. The Big Red had been a participant for the last 5 Classics at least.

But we move on…. this slate is loaded with Region IV OOC (smart) HampSyd, W&L, Grove City, Bald Wal, John Carroll. And a couple of nationally recognized top programs - Gettysburg and York! All in all the boys will be tested and I think if Denison can make a good overall showing against these opponents (meaning 5-2 or better still 6-1) this slate has the potential to put the Big Red in a good position come May.

Thoughts?

https://denisonbigred.com/sports/mens-l ... ?path=mlax
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:52 pm Denison schedule has been posted …. We knew there would be no Mustang Classic which in and of itself is disappointing. The Big Red had been a participant for the last 5 Classics at least.

But we move on…. this slate is loaded with Region IV OOC (smart) HampSyd, W&L, Grove City, Bald Wal, John Carroll. And a couple of nationally recognized top programs - Gettysburg and York! All in all the boys will be tested and I think if Denison can make a good overall showing against these opponents (meaning 5-2 or better still 6-1) this slate has the potential to put the Big Red in a good position come May.

Thoughts?

https://denisonbigred.com/sports/mens-l ... ?path=mlax
Still curious why Dension opted to stay away from the Mustang Classic? Could it have something to do with ligma? Let me know if you have any insight.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Denison is one of nine colleges in the nation ranked in the top-40 of both the US News and World Report National Liberal Arts Colleges Rankings and the Learfield Directors’ Cup standings.

Denison is keeping good company within this elite group, alongside Amherst, Bowdoin, Claremont-Mudd-Scripps, Middlebury, Pomona-Pitzer, Washington & Lee, Wesleyan, and Williams.

Big Red keeps winning on and off the field/court/pool!

GO BIG RED

https://denisonbigred.com/news/2022/10/ ... 22-23.aspx
netminder

Post by netminder »

I’m not sure the Big Red were invited back. However, they picked up G’burg and York. So a solid schedule which should help with their tourney resume.
ergit

Post by ergit »

netminder wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:51 pm I’m not sure the Big Red were invited back. However, they picked up G’burg and York. So a solid schedule which should help with their tourney resume.
I’m sure if they wanted to be there, they would have been invited back. Sometimes the event doesn’t work out in terms of logistics and scheduling. Some teams tie it in to spring break and there are years it just doesn’t fit.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

Nosey Ned wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:00 pm Denison is one of nine colleges in the nation ranked in the top-40 of both the US News and World Report National Liberal Arts Colleges Rankings and the Learfield Directors’ Cup standings.

Denison is keeping good company within this elite group, alongside Amherst, Bowdoin, Claremont-Mudd-Scripps, Middlebury, Pomona-Pitzer, Washington & Lee, Wesleyan, and Williams.

GO BIG RED

No one cares you dweeb #rollfightingscots
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

BIGDAWG wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:00 am
Nosey Ned wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:00 pm Denison is one of nine colleges in the nation ranked in the top-40 of both the US News and World Report National Liberal Arts Colleges Rankings and the Learfield Directors’ Cup standings.

GO BIG RED

Can't we all be respectful of each other on this site? I love seeing Denison lose as much as the next guy, but they are very good in most sports, they have great facilities and academics, and the school is flush with cash, thanks to loyal alums like Michael Eisner. They did get beat 41-7 in football last weekend by OWU and our field hockey team beat theirs, but I regress....
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

GO BIG RED

So you're telling me they aren't making the Coaches or AP Top 25?
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

GO BIG RED

Scholar athletes and the parents of those that choose Denison care. Kids that choose Wooster apparently don't as they rank 76 and 255! Continue to embrace mediocrity DAWG .... it suits you wel!
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

Nosey Ned wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:08 am

GO BIG RED

Scholar athletes and the parents of those that choose Denison care. Kids that choose Wooster apparently don't as they rank 76 and 255! Continue to embrace mediocrity DAWG .... it suits you wel!
Seeking validation about your above average liberal arts school on an obscure online forum is as mediocre as it gets. You are a weenie and I wish I could give you a wedgie.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

BIGDAWG wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:16 am

GO BIG RED

Seeking validation about your above average liberal arts school on an obscure online forum is as mediocre as it gets. You are a weenie and I wish I could give you a wedgie.
Validation comes on game days ... especially when facing #255 athletic program Wooster! Have fun getting smacked like a bad DAWG.

Who even uses words like dweeb and weenie anymore?

Btw ... you can't give me a wedgie. I don't wear underwear!
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

Nosey Ned wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:47 am

GO BIG RED

Validation comes on game days ... especially when facing #255 athletic program Wooster! Have fun getting smacked like a bad DAWG.

Your day of reckoning will come, I tell you that booger boy. No underwear you say? Will make putting my pinky in your stinker that much easier you pigeon.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

BIGDAWG wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:58 am

GO BIG RED

Your day of reckoning will come, I tell you that booger boy. No underwear you say? Will make putting my pinky in your stinker that much easier you pigeon.
Lost my cool for a second, I say we all move on cordially moving forward. To shift the conversation, I'm interested to see what Coach Wilma will bring to Denison this year. Any thoughts on Coach Wilma?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

:?
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:07 am:?
Very unfortunate that DAWG thought referencing sexual abuse was funny and/or acceptable. IT'S NOT !!!!!

I think we all agree, that kind of posting is unwelcomed and rejected by this community.
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

Nosey Ned wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:18 am
DeepPocket wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:07 am:?
Very unfortunate that DAWG thought referencing sexual abuse was funny. IT'S NOT

I think we all agree, that kind of posting is unwelcomed and rejected by this community.
I am so deeply sorry NOSEY, I am still curious how you feel about Coach Wilma joining your big red?
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

BIGDAWG wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:58 am

GO BIG RED

That escalated quickly.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”