Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Conservative Ideology: The Big Lie

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:36 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:19 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:02 pm
My mom died in 1996...😥 She was an old school hard ass Irish lass. She would have unabashedly told me to suck it up and move along. My mom was also the epitome of what a liberal should be. Your the epitome of everything a liberal should not be. Your clearly one of those skulls full of mush who was educated at a good liberal college, indoctrinated in liberalism by all of your professors and sadly your life experiences still have not taught you to think for yourself. In simple terms...your hopeless and pathetic all rolled up into one. 8-)
Maybe Pope Francis will say a prayer for you?
You're really the life of the party today!

It's funny how little you know about other people but assume it anyway. I'm a liberal, I'm not a liberal lol oh no. I'm quaking in my boots.

I definitely don't have the traits a good, well behaved do-gooder liberal does. I got tired of suffering fools gladly when the Republicans decided to lose their minds and worship a big city con-man. A guy who has no interest in helping the country, just himself.

Luckily I'm not Catholic, so I don't need the prayer of the too liberal for American Catholics Pope.
As usual you don't get anything I say. I was born and bread and raised to be a true blue JFK " liberal" Democrat. My family is or was the epitome of what a Democrat use to be. My real life experience came from 6/1/1979 until 5/28/1982. That was the period of time where I served my country. What I learned from my time in the US Army was that Patriotism and how the US government manipulates people is way over rated.
Patriotism is over rated?

Want to re-phrase or specify what you mean?

For instance, I think there's a lot of faux performative 'patriotism' but I'm not in the anti-patriotism camp and few on here likely would be. Most of us think that our liberal (small l) constitutional democracy is the best governance system yet invented by mankind (by a long shot over various forms of authoritarianism), and despite all of our country's flaws and issues through history, feel darn lucky to have been born here. To have the opportunity to contribute as productive US citizens with a voice in our governance is a heck of a privilege.

Sure, the sausage making of democratic (small d) governance isn't pretty, nor is the road of progress a straight line, but it sure as heck beats authoritarian autocracies. That said, it takes ongoing work and an abiding faith in the process to ultimately bend that ark of history toward justice and prosperity. And the work at times as a citizen is quite hard...so, your mom would indeed probably tell you to "suck it up" and contribute positively rather than be a naysayer and teeth gnasher insulting others for sh-ts and grins. I know that's what I was taught.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Mitch McConnell has announced he is giving up the Senate republiCON leadership position come end of the year. Next year the republiCONs will have someone new, probably Thune. He will finish out his Senate term. Doing a Pelosi.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:26 pm
My mom died in 1996...😥 She was an old school hard ass Irish lass. She would have unabashedly told me to suck it up and move along. My mom was also the epitome of what a liberal should be. Your the epitome of everything a liberal should not be. Your clearly one of those skulls full of mush who was educated at a good liberal college, indoctrinated in liberalism by all of your professors and sadly your life experiences still have not taught you to think for yourself. In simple terms...your hopeless and pathetic all rolled up into one. 8-)

It's funny how little you know about other people but assume it anyway. I'm a liberal, I'm not a liberal lol oh no. I'm quaking in my boots.

I definitely don't have the traits a good, well behaved do-gooder liberal does. I got tired of suffering fools gladly when the Republicans decided to lose their minds and worship a big city con-man. A guy who has no interest in helping the country, just himself.

Luckily I'm not Catholic, so I don't need the prayer of the too liberal for American Catholics Pope.
As usual you don't get anything I say. I was born and bread and raised to be a true blue JFK " liberal" Democrat. My family is or was the epitome of what a Democrat use to be. My real life experience came from 6/1/1979 until 5/28/1982. That was the period of time where I served my country. What I learned from my time in the US Army was that Patriotism and how the US government manipulates people is way over rated.

For instance, I think there's a lot of faux performative 'patriotism' but I'm not in the anti-patriotism camp and few on here likely would be. Most of us think that our liberal (small l) constitutional democracy is the best governance system yet invented by mankind (by a long shot over various forms of authoritarianism), and despite all of our country's flaws and issues through history, feel darn lucky to have been born here. To have the opportunity to contribute as productive US citizens with a voice in our governance is a heck of a privilege.

Sure, the sausage making of democratic (small d) governance isn't pretty, nor is the road of progress a straight line, but it sure as heck beats authoritarian autocracies. That said, it takes ongoing work and an abiding faith in the process to ultimately bend that ark of history toward justice and prosperity. And the work at times as a citizen is quite hard...so, your mom would indeed probably tell you to "suck it up" and contribute positively rather than be a naysayer and teeth gnasher insulting others for sh-ts and grins. I know that's what I was taught.
Patriotism is a wonderful tool for starting a war. I think your intelligent enough to understand my point. There is a school of thought that says GWB used 9/11 to settle an old score with Saddam Hussein. The rumor is the late ruler of Iraq wanted to whack GWBs old man. I bet that didn't set very well with Dubya

Did the US go to war so that Dubya could get vengeance?

Saddam was a very bad actor. Saddam also had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks. So why did we go to war with him again??
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:49 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:26 pm

Patriotism is a wonderful tool for starting a war. I think your intelligent enough to understand my point. There is a school of thought that says GWB used 9/11 to settle an old score with Saddam Hussein. The rumor is the late ruler of Iraq wanted to whack GWBs old man. I bet that didn't set very well with Dubya

Did the US go to war so that Dubya could get vengeance?

Saddam was a very bad actor. Saddam also had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks. So why did we go to war with him again??
pretty sure you've picked up on my own questioning of phony uses of patriotism to justify things that actually are harmful to the country. I get a bit nervous of big shows of patriotism, especially if it gets demanded...

No, I don't think that's why W took us to war in Iraq. I do think he and those around him had a bias that saw Saddam as a very bad actor and were thus all too willing to believe what Saddam was endeavoring so hard to claim (nuclear capabilities) was reality and that there was a real danger of terrorist access to these weapons or materiel. But I think they honestly believed that such danger was real. And they had a heck of a lot of hubris in thinking they could fundamentally reshape the ME. And, of course, they executed terribly without any real comprehension of the ground and people, shiite and sunni etc. Morass.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:15 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:07 pm Ate you conflating felonious with political?
What you mean? It was more of a "throwing stones in glass houses" type of commentary.

The other hilarious thing is that there are no other Bidens in politics. Beau was before his death, but they're not a "political family" at this point.
I guess I should have included the :D so my meaning was clearer.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

republicon family and moral values on full display once again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4M5j1aqya0

Lauren Boebert's son, a teen dad, arrested on 22 charges, multiple felonies
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The criminal Mike Flynn: “If we are going to have one nation under God which we must, we have to have one religion. One nation under God and one religion under God.”

https://twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/sta ... 0048615803

Quite the guy to defend to the bitterest of ends.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:27 pm The criminal Mike Flynn: “If we are going to have one nation under God which we must, we have to have one religion. One nation under God and one religion under God.”

... no Christian Nationalism there. :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:38 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:27 pm The criminal Mike Flynn: “If we are going to have one nation under God which we must, we have to have one religion. One nation under God and one religion under God.”

So Ike was the proto- Dominionist?

"The official name of The Pledge of Allegiance was adopted in 1945. The most recent alteration of its wording came on Flag Day (June 14) in 1954, when the words "under God" were added.[11]"

Good thing they dropped the Bellamy salute...

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

One nation, one religion, one leader? Nothing to see here. Let’s all go back to checking out iPhones….
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:04 pm

One nation, one religion, one leader? Nothing to see here. Let’s all go back to checking out iPhones….
Time to set up some FLP concentration camps for those WNC folks. You agree with the need for a " final solution" ? Maybe your team will get it right where Hitler got it all wrong? Hitler hated the Jews and you hate WNC. I dislike Antifa left wing anarchists who want to burn down federal buildings. Do you have a problem with them counselor? Or does your hatred and contempt travel down a one way street?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

You’re being offensive or stupid C&S.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:04 pm You’re being offensive or stupid C&S.
I'm not the one with an issue with WNC. That would be you counselor
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:04 pm You’re being offensive or stupid C&S.
You wouldn't understand sarcasm counselor if it walked up behind you and bit you in your ass. Your friends on this forum have been whining and complaining and opining about how evil those WNC folks are. What say you? How do you deal with them? How do you suggest we deal with the Antifa anarchists? Should we as Americans fear one group more than the other? What I'm being counselor is realistic. As you well know counselor your within your rights as an American patriot to burn the American flag in public. If your an Antifa anarchist hell you can burn down parts of Portland and declare portions of city blocks as "sovereign territory" I can ask you your question right back at you... are you equally as offensive and stupid in neglecting to admit YOUR people are just as offensive as the other team is? Where were you counselor when Portland was burning?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So it looks like Justin Amash is running for Senate in Michigan. Amash is of Palestinian descent. He left the republican party during Trumps first term. He is a never Trumper. He also is originally a founder of the FreeDUMB Caucus - the forerunner of what is now the primary MAGA caucus in congress. He was driven out of the repubiCON party for speaking against Trump. He is an experienced right wing radical who recognized Trump for what he is. Whether he has become further enlightened given his absence from Washington is to be seen. I guess his thought process is he believes he can pickup the Palestinian vote (traditionally democratic) based on the US favoring of Israel and pickup the Michigan republicans and republiCONS that hate Trump. MAGA probably doesn't vote for him. Some progressive democrats might. Whether that is enough to beat the democrat will be interesting to see.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:52 pm
You wouldn't understand sarcasm counselor if it walked up behind you and bit you in your ass. Your friends on this forum have been whining and complaining and opining about how evil those WNC folks are. What say you? How do you deal with them? How do you suggest we deal with the Antifa anarchists? Should we as Americans fear one group more than the other? What I'm being counselor is realistic. As you well know counselor your within your rights as an American patriot to burn the American flag in public. If your an Antifa anarchist hell you can burn down parts of Portland and declare portions of city blocks as "sovereign territory" I can ask you your question right back at you... are you equally as offensive and stupid in neglecting to admit YOUR people are just as offensive as the other team is? Where were you counselor when Portland was burning?
Confront the ideology at every turn with logic and facts, not violence.

Defeat them in the voting booth, cradle.

When White Christian Nationalists put forth candidates or endorse candidates and such endorsements are not rejected, defeat those candidates.

Punish under the law those who commit crimes.

Now, if I need to choose between being anti-fascist or pro-fascist, that's an easy choice. Isn't it for you?

But hey, what do we do if the racist faux-religious fascists actually succeed and take over?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Portland violence - blame right wing Porud Boys for the trouble:

https://www.newsweek.com/proud-boys-mem ... ts-1658435

Proud Boys Member Alan Swinney Gets 10 Years in Prison for Violent Actions at Protests

Alan Swinney, a member of the far-right extremist group The Proud Boys, convicted on 11 charges stemming from the August 2020 protests in Portland, Oregon following the murder of George Floyd at the hands of police officers in Minneapolis, was sentenced to 10 years in prison Friday.

In October, Swinney was convicted on 11 of 12 charges including pointing a firearm at others, attempted assault, second-degree unlawful use of mace and more, according to Oregon Public Broadcasting.

The 51-year-old participated in several of the protests and counterprotests in what became one of the hotspots for demonstrations around the country. Key in his conviction was Aug. 22, 2020, when he was one of several right-wing activists who shot at protestors with paintball guns and sprayed them with mace.

While several men in the crowd were carrying firearms, Swinney at one point pulled a revolver out of its holster and pointed it at several people during the protest.

"The evidence that was presented at this trial...all continue to demonstrate a person who does not have remorse for what happened," Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Heidi Moawad said before sentencing Swinney, according to OPB. "The videos showing the incidents do not portray a person who is scared for himself or for those around him, but for a person who really, pretty calmly and dispassionately used or threatened force, often with dangerous or deadly weapons."

Another important piece of evidence for the prosecution was a handwritten letter Swinney wrote and allegedly tried to send to Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis officer convicted for killing Floyd.

The letter included messages of support and sympathy, saying Chauvin should keep his head up because he could get out of prison on appeals or through what Swinney said was the civil war that "this country is headed toward."

"As evidenced by the defendant's escalating violence, letters, social media statements and testimony, the defendant has no remorse for his actions, no desire to change and every intention of engaging in future acts of violence," Deputy District Attorney Nathan Vasquez wrote in a sentencing memo.

The letter to Chauvin outlined Swinney's thoughts.

"Another thing that may end up working in your favor is that this country is headed toward civil war," Swinney wrote to Chauvin. "I see it ramping up. Civil war will get you out of jail. It'll get me out too."

He earlier admitted, as part of a civil settlement, to assaulting a woman during an August 2020 protest in Portland.

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:39 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:52 pm
Confront the ideology at every turn with logic and facts, not violence.

Defeat them in the voting booth, cradle.

When White Christian Nationalists put forth candidates or endorse candidates and such endorsements are not rejected, defeat those candidates.

Punish under the law those who commit crimes.

Now, if I need to choose between being anti-fascist or pro-fascist, that's an easy choice. Isn't it for you?

But hey, what do we do if the racist faux-religious fascists actually succeed and take over?
... you ask easy questions.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Another very popular republiCON idea. :lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”