2023 Virginia Public GLax

HS Girls Lacrosse
BuckyLou

Top of the Stretch

Post by BuckyLou »

Spring has broken for just about everyone in Class 6, with several teams having returned from taking their lax talents on the road, and we are ready for the stretch run over the next several weeks in what may be one of the most open races in years. Without further ado, my post spring break top 15 looks like:

1) Oakton (7-0)– Took the best shot of the defending champs and survived and then took the show on the road for a 2-0 Virginia Beach trip over the break. Not many gimme’s on the homestretch for the Cougs as a showdown with South Lakes awaits next Wednesday.

2) Centreville (5-0) – Continued rolling over McLean before the break, but things step up in a big way this coming week with Westfield on Monday and Chantilly on Wednesday.

3) Madison (3-1) – Took out the defending champs pre-break and then had one of the best results of the break, traveling to the lacrosse hotbed of South Carolina and knocking off the #2 team in that state. Monday’s game against Chantilly will let us see if they can keep rolling.

4) Robinson (5-2) – Maybe the hottest team in Class 6 right now, with 2 top 10 blowout wins since the last poll, beating the Cavs at the Pat like almost no one does, and then making Langley wish they had gone on spring break rather than stayed to play. The are off next week and better hope things don’t cool off, as they are scheduled for 5 games in 8 days when they return to action.

5) Battlefield (4-1) – Got the elusive win at The Pat before the break and then took care of Falls Church. Now that they’ve shown they can be competitive with the Northern Region teams, may be the betting favorite, given the fact that they can walk to the title game and one of the top 3 this week won’t even make it out of regionals. The Buckster figures that Regions C and D teams likely have to beat 4 ranked teams just to make the final game.

6) Woodson (6-3)– 0-2 weeks at the Pat never happen so the Schneider regime was happy to get out of town and down to Florida to right the ship in the sun and beaches before the locals got too restless. Fairfax this week should allow that good feeling to continue.

7) Langley (3-3)– Escaped at West Springfield in 3OTs, and then went out and handed Riverside their first loss of the regular season, before running into the Robinson buzzsaw. While they are not what they have been in seasons past, they are young and growing and will be competitive in the district. McLean and Marshall this coming week should allow them the chance to get some momentum.

8) Yorktown (1-5) – Easily the #1 Strength of Schedule, the defending champs have been competitive in most games. The Robinson result shows what’s possible with Wakefield and and big one with W&L this coming week.

9) West Springfield (6-2) – Extra time continues to not be kind to Sparty as both of their losses have been in bonus lacrosse, the latest a 3OT affair with Langley. The righted the ship vs the Lions before the break and get rival Lake Badluck coming to town this coming week to try to keep it going.

10) West Potomac (4-0) – No games since the last poll, as their battle with the Bruins was postponed. They get back in action this coming week with a game South County team.

11) South Lakes (8-1) – Have clinched a wining regular season record with wins vs the Bruins and Hayfield. It’s a good thing as District of Doom action now awaits them with #1 Oakton coming to town on Wednesday.

12) Westfield (7-2) – The Bulldogs are riding a 5 game win streak after beating South County before the break and will seek to prove themselves with a trip to #2 Centreville this coming Monday.

13) Chantilly (3-1) – Not sure they update their website scores, which may hold them back more than play on the field, but beating Edison 9-1 gets them moving on up. With the Warhawks and Centreville this coming week, we will find out how good they are real quick.

14) Washington & Liberty (4-3) – Showdown for control of Arlington with Yorktown this coming week. Can they repeat the magic of 2021 with the Pats down this year?

15) Colgan (5-0) – The Land-Sharks get in as they sit at 5-0. Their remaining schedule would make even the Charmin man blush as they don’t have a team above .500 at this point left on it, so no SoS points. Is Dulles South available for some scrimmages to toughen them up for the post season?

Also considered: Patriot, Justice, Edison, John Champe, South County
Robolobo

Weekly Odds

Post by Robolobo »

Since UAO dubbed me the oddsmaker of the board, here are the lines as I see them for the first part of the week for the big games in Class 6:

Monday:
Westfield (+4) at Centreville (o/u 22)
Chantilly (+6) at James Madison (o/u 14)
Langley (-7) at McLean (o/u 17)
Falls Church (+3) at Edison (o/u 19)

Tuesday
Yorktown (-8) at Washington & Liberty (o/u 18)
West Potomac (-5) at South County (o/u 21)
Lake Braddock (+5) at W. Springfield (o/u 15)
Fairfax (+12) at Woodson (o/u 18)

Wednesday
Centreville (-5) at Chantilly (o/u 15)
Oakton (-6) at South Lakes (o/u 18)
Langley (-9) at Marshall (o/u 17)

Thursday
Battlefield (-13) at Freedom (o/u 25)

These are for entertainment and smack talking purposes only...
VALaxer

Re: Top of the Stretch

Post by VALaxer »

BuckyLou wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:39 am Spring has broken for just about everyone in Class 6, with several teams having returned from taking their lax talents on the road, and we are ready for the stretch run over the next several weeks in what may be one of the most open races in years. Without further ado, my post spring break top 15 looks like:

1) Oakton (7-0)– Took the best shot of the defending champs and survived and then took the show on the road for a 2-0 Virginia Beach trip over the break. Not many gimme’s on the homestretch for the Cougs as a showdown with South Lakes awaits next Wednesday.

2) Centreville (5-0) – Continued rolling over McLean before the break, but things step up in a big way this coming week with Westfield on Monday and Chantilly on Wednesday.

3) Madison (3-1) – Took out the defending champs pre-break and then had one of the best results of the break, traveling to the lacrosse hotbed of South Carolina and knocking off the #2 team in that state. Monday’s game against Chantilly will let us see if they can keep rolling.

4) Robinson (5-2) – Maybe the hottest team in Class 6 right now, with 2 top 10 blowout wins since the last poll, beating the Cavs at the Pat like almost no one does, and then making Langley wish they had gone on spring break rather than stayed to play. The are off next week and better hope things don’t cool off, as they are scheduled for 5 games in 8 days when they return to action.

5) Battlefield (4-1) – Got the elusive win at The Pat before the break and then took care of Falls Church. Now that they’ve shown they can be competitive with the Northern Region teams, may be the betting favorite, given the fact that they can walk to the title game and one of the top 3 this week won’t even make it out of regionals. The Buckster figures that Regions C and D teams likely have to beat 4 ranked teams just to make the final game.

6) Woodson (6-3)– 0-2 weeks at the Pat never happen so the Schneider regime was happy to get out of town and down to Florida to right the ship in the sun and beaches before the locals got too restless. Fairfax this week should allow that good feeling to continue.

7) Langley (3-3)– Escaped at West Springfield in 3OTs, and then went out and handed Riverside their first loss of the regular season, before running into the Robinson buzzsaw. While they are not what they have been in seasons past, they are young and growing and will be competitive in the district. McLean and Marshall this coming week should allow them the chance to get some momentum.

8) Yorktown (1-5) – Easily the #1 Strength of Schedule, the defending champs have been competitive in most games. The Robinson result shows what’s possible with Wakefield and and big one with W&L this coming week.

9) West Springfield (6-2) – Extra time continues to not be kind to Sparty as both of their losses have been in bonus lacrosse, the latest a 3OT affair with Langley. The righted the ship vs the Lions before the break and get rival Lake Badluck coming to town this coming week to try to keep it going.

10) West Potomac (4-0) – No games since the last poll, as their battle with the Bruins was postponed. They get back in action this coming week with a game South County team.

11) South Lakes (8-1) – Have clinched a wining regular season record with wins vs the Bruins and Hayfield. It’s a good thing as District of Doom action now awaits them with #1 Oakton coming to town on Wednesday.

12) Westfield (7-2) – The Bulldogs are riding a 5 game win streak after beating South County before the break and will seek to prove themselves with a trip to #2 Centreville this coming Monday.

13) Chantilly (3-1) – Not sure they update their website scores, which may hold them back more than play on the field, but beating Edison 9-1 gets them moving on up. With the Warhawks and Centreville this coming week, we will find out how good they are real quick.

14) Washington & Liberty (4-3) – Showdown for control of Arlington with Yorktown this coming week. Can they repeat the magic of 2021 with the Pats down this year?

15) Colgan (5-0) – The Land-Sharks get in as they sit at 5-0. Their remaining schedule would make even the Charmin man blush as they don’t have a team above .500 at this point left on it, so no SoS points. Is Dulles South available for some scrimmages to toughen them up for the post season?

Also considered: Patriot, Justice, Edison, John Champe, South County
Great work as usual BL!
BuckyLou

Re: Weekly Odds

Post by BuckyLou »

Robolobo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:30 pm Since UAO dubbed me the oddsmaker of the board, here are the lines as I see them for the first part of the week for the big games in Class 6:

Monday:

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Tonight give me:

Centreville and the over
Madison and the over
Langley and the under
Edison and the under
Captain BBY

Post by Captain BBY »

BuckyLou wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:56 pm
Robolobo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:30 pm Since UAO dubbed me the oddsmaker of the board, here are the lines as I see them for the first part of the week for the big games in Class 6:

Monday:

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Tonight give me:

Centreville and the over
Madison and the over
Langley and the under
Edison and the under
Tonight:

Cville and over
Madison and over
Mclean and over
Falls Church and under
Captain BBY

Post by Captain BBY »

Captain BBY wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:53 pm
BuckyLou wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:56 pm

Monday:

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Tonight give me:

Centreville and the over
Madison and the over
Langley and the under
Edison and the under
Tonight:

Cville and over
Madison and over
Mclean and over
Falls Church and under
Cville 18 Westfield 8- 2 Wins
Madison 19 Chantilly 6- 2 Wins
Langley 14 Mclean 10- 2 Wins
Falls Church 6 Edison 5- 2 Wins

4 for 4 on covering the spread and 4 for 4 on the O/U
UnderArmourOdor

Re: NoVa GLAX

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

ExLax wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:17 am No response from anyone on next up as a GLAX official here in VA - any takers? Yes, you might be called "....forcibly retired five years ago & the woman I'd never seen before would make a great 3rd-4th grade ref....." yet the game needs your involvement - my two cents.
Ex-Lax is right I'm going to have to do more for lax in NoVa by putting on the stripes as I've wasted my time coaching:
Head Coach
3rd-4th Boys - 2 years
5th-6th Boys - 3 years
7th-8th Boys - 3 years
Youth Lax Commissioner - 1 year
Washington Area Select Lacrosse Association - 3 years (because of Great Falls YL bringing in full Landon Squads the "A" squads were disbanded by NVYLL so McLean started WASLA (6 Clubs (2 MD, 4 VA - half private/half public schools) that played "A+" level at Langley Forks on Sundays)
High School JV Asst - 1 year
HS JV HC - 2 years
HS Varsity HC - 2 years
George Mason U Mens Club HC - 2 years
Girls
HS Varsity Out of Season Coach - 20 years
HS JV OoS Coach - 14 years
Girls Club Coach - 10 years (20 seasons)

I bow to X-Lax's superior knowledge of officials as I probably haven't seen many officiated games. I retract my erroneous judgement as there’s nothing contemporaneous that I’m aware of that is of great consequence from a game that has 7 Yellow Cards and it spices up the game for players & parents when one official has a stringent vision and the other has a laissez-faire perspective on calls.
Dr. Tact

Re: NoVa GLAX

Post by Dr. Tact »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:54 pm I bow to X-Lax's superior knowledge of officials as I probably haven't seen many officiated games. I retract my erroneous judgement as there’s nothing contemporaneous that I’m aware of that is of great consequence from a game that has 7 Yellow Cards and it spices up the game for players & parents when one official has a stringent vision and the other has a laissez-faire perspective on calls.
Big words + French!!! Outstanding, UAO! :lol: :D

I am glad you are back and frequent....gives this forum some life ;)
Coyote-K

Re: 2023 Virginia Public GLax

Post by Coyote-K »

Any surprising results this week or updates from the games on Wednesday and Thursday?
BuckyLou

Showdown Week (I) is Here

Post by BuckyLou »

Things get real in Class 6 this week with a number of showdown games that may help to give us an idea of the pecking order. However, this year appears to be more wide open than most, so what is decided this week may not hold up in May or June (or even next week). Let’s see how the Top 15 stands heading in to action this week.

1) Oakton (8-0)– Closer than expected final against a solid South Lakes team could be cause for worry, but I hear that the Cougs were in control much of the game, but the Seahawks wouldn’t fold. Big game against a Westfield team looking for redemption on Monday that they will be favored in and then take the ride over to Alexandria to take on the Saints on Saturday. Expect a closer score but the Saints don't lose at home to publics. if the Cougars can get through the week 2-0, it will be impressive.

2) Centreville (7-0) – Pulled away from Westfield, but couldn’t break free from Chantilly on Wednesday. Huge game Monday as they travel to Madison to break this tie. It doesn’t get easier as the host their own tournament Saturday and have opted for the South County method of scheduling, by giving themselves Battlefield. A 3-0 week could put them in line for the top spot with Oakton looming next week.

Tie Madison (4-1) – Looked real impressive beating Chantilly 19-6, so they move up slightly as this tie will get settled on the field on Monday night. Get BOC on Wednesday. Again, a 2-0 weeks sets them up for a shot at #1, with Oakton and SSSAS next week.

4) Robinson (5-2) – Teams are hoping the Rams long layoff cools off what may have been the hottest team in 6A prior to spring break. They better hope they still got it as the Wolverines of West Potomac bring their undefeated record to town on Tuesday in a key Patriot District tilt. Challenging game against Meridian awaits them at Centreville tournament on Saturday.

5) Battlefield (5-1) – The Bobcats beat FSR by double digits for the second time this season last week and get Osbourn Park early this week in a game that they probably can’t make the clock run fast enough to get out of there as they prepare for Centreville and Langley on Saturday in their shot to move up the rankings.

6) West Potomac (5-0) – The Wolverines showed that they didn’t lose anything over the break as they put up a 20-spot on South County in return to action. Face a prove it or lose it week with a trip to Robinson on Tuesday, and follow that with a trip to Fairfax on Saturday.

7) Woodson (7-3)–
Got back on track at the Pat with a 17-3 win over their neighbors the Lions of Fairfax. Travel down to Lorton (not quite Florida again) this week to face the Stallions.

8) Langley (5-3)– Had a big 2-0 week where they showed that they are still the top dogs in McLean, beating the Highlanders 14-10 and putting up 19 on Marshall. Big week this week with W&L in district and then Battlefield and Meridian at the Centreville tournament.

9) Yorktown (2-5) – Still the top dogs in Arlington after a big win at W&L last week, but didn’t lock it up yet as the Wakefield game was postponed (anything can happen, right???). Continue to defend their #1 SoS with Potomac School this week after a district battle with Herndon.

Tie. West Springfield (7-2) –Sparty just keeps plugging along, pulling away from a fired up Lake Badluck team in a rivalry game last week as both teams shook off Spring Break rust. Travel to a surprising 5-3 Alexandria (don’t call us TC Williams) City High this week in Patriot district action this week.

11) South Lakes (8-2) – Didn’t quit and gave Oakton a battle last week. Face another big test with a Chantilly team looking to right the ship this week.

12) Westfield (7-3) – Things did not go as planned on the trip to Centreville by the Bulldogs last week, but dogs and cats don’t get along and they get a chance to make a statement with the Cougars coming to town Monday.

13) Chantilly (3-3) – Competitive game against Centreville keeps them from falling after being picked apart by the Warhawks, but they will need to show against South Lakes to give the Purple faithful some hope that they can make the regional this year.

14) Colgan (6-0) – Continued their march through one of the lowest SoS’s out there with a 25-0 win over Gar-Field when they showed up with lasagna and got the cats to roll over.

15) Washington & Liberty (4-3) – The Generals were game against the Patriots this past week and their SoS is holding up. Big games with Langley and Meridian this week.

Also considered: Patriot, Justice, The Cosby Show, John Champe
VALaxer

Re: 2023 Virginia Public GLax

Post by VALaxer »

Good stuff BuckyLou! Looks like there could be some movement in the next poll.
Robolobo

Early Week Lines

Post by Robolobo »

I did such a bad job last week, not sure I should try this week, but here it goes

Monday
Centreville (+5) @ Madison (o/u 27)
Oakton (-9) @ Westfield (o/u 24)
South Lakes (-3) @ Chantilly (o/u 18)

Tuesday
Woodson (-11) @ So County (o/u 25)
West Springfield (-9) @ Alexandria (o/u 19)
Edison (+4) @ Justice (o/u 18)
West Potomac @ Robinson (not gonna pick it)
W&L (+7) @ Langley (o/u 19)
Fairfax (+6) @ Lake Braddock (o/u 18)
Herndon (+9) @ Yorktown (o/u 19)
VALaxer

Re: Early Week Lines

Post by VALaxer »

Robolobo wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:36 pm I did such a bad job last week, not sure I should try this week, but here it goes

Monday

Tuesday
Scores from last night ...

Madison 16 - Centreville 11 - good call Robolobo! :geek:
Oakton 24 - Westfield 10 - was that o/u just for the Cougars?
South Lakes 13 - Chantilly 7 - close!
VALaxer

Post by VALaxer »

Robolobo wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:36 pm I did such a bad job last week, not sure I should try this week, but here it goes

Monday

Tuesday
Scores from Tuesday...

Woodson 18 - South County 4
West Springfield 13 - Alexandria 3
Robinson 16 - West Potomac 10
Lake Braddock 20 - Fairfax 12
Langley 10 - W&L 5
Last edited by VALaxer on Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BBY

Post by Captain BBY »

VALaxer wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:43 am

Monday

Tuesday
Scores from Tuesday...

Woodson 18 - South County 5
West Springfield 13 - Alexandria 3
Robinson 16 - West Potomac 10
Lake Braddock 20 - Fairfax 10
Langley 10 - W&L 5
Interested to hear the recap on the Robinson West Potomac game. Looks like West Potomac is gonna be a threat in the Regional.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: West Po Playing Again?

Captain BBY wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:25 am Interested to hear the recap on the Robinson West Potomac game. Looks like West Potomac is gonna be a threat in the Regional.
Hey Skipper...Did the Wolves take a forfeit when they just didn't show up to play Lake Braddock...will they be a threat if they fail to show up for games? AN ANNOYING MUMPSIMUSES WOULD SAY! What is happening on the far side of US1 did the parents just not want to show up to play the Bruns Coach?
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Cavs Go Down to the Prison Yard...

A trip to Lorton is always a dicey proposition as there are always some skilled goal scorers. The Lady Stallions have the biggest squad I have seen this year with a dozen Seniors (6 starters) but they will be fine next year with 7 Juniors on the squad and 8 more down on JV. Cav Varsity rolled 18 - 5 & JV was about 13 - 3 for the visitors. Good snack bar & indoor bathrooms are always a treat!
Captain BBY

Re: West Po Playing Again?

Post by Captain BBY »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:45 pm
Captain BBY wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:25 am Interested to hear the recap on the Robinson West Potomac game. Looks like West Potomac is gonna be a threat in the Regional.
Hey Skipper...Did the Wolves take a forfeit when they just didn't show up to play Lake Braddock...will they be a threat if they fail to show up for games? AN ANNOYING MUMPSIMUSES WOULD SAY! What is happening on the far side of US1 did the parents just not want to show up to play the Bruns Coach?
The ONE from Virginia blesses us all with his presence again! Figured you were working on your Career Builder lacrosse resume with all your accolades since it's been quiet on the Woodson front around here with some recent Ls.

On the West Potomac/Lake Braddock front, no dog in that fight nor do care to know. Seeing the Robinson score seemed like it was a decent game that's all. 1 observation, Lake Braddock has a bit of talent, surprised they aren't challenging more teams. Keep up the whistles!
Robolobo

Re: Big Day Saturday - lines

Post by Robolobo »

Did respectable enough this week to try this again...

Battlefield (-5) @ Centreville (o/u 27)
Meridian vs Robinson (off board)
West Potomac (-12) @ Fairfax (o/u 19)
Lake Braddock (-4) @ Alexandria City (o/u 22)
Oakton (+6) @ SSSAS (o/u 22)
Battlefield (-7) vs Langley (o/u 22)
Meridian (+2) vs Langley (o/u 20)
Flint Hill vs Robinson (off board)
Flint Hill (+11) vs Centreville (o/u 21)
BuckyLou

Showdown Week (II) is here

Post by BuckyLou »

We are in the heart of the stretch run in Class 6 and the week gets off with a bang with a pair of top 5 battles, including the latest version of #1 vs #2 when Madison travels to Oakton. Up until Saturday, I would have leaned for the Warhawks in that one, but the Cougars have climbed the Mt. Everest of NoVA lacrosse in beating St. Stephens (even if Mt Everest isn’t as high as it used to be) and enter the game as the only major unbeaten in Class 6. One thing is certain and that is that this week will give us more breakdown on how Class 6 shakes down.

1) Oakton (10-0)– As mentioned, pulled off what has been out of reach for many publics over the years, a win over the Saints on Saturday after dispatching Westfield easily last Monday. No time to rest on their laurels however as Madison comes to town Monday and they have to travel to Centreville (assuming they get power back?) on Thursday and face a potential sold out house (if they have the bbq platter again).

2) Madison (6-1) – Won the battle of #2’s vs the Wildcats last week, step it up this week with #1 Oakton, their own trip to Alexandria to play the (now pissed off) Saints, followed by a dangerous South Lakes team coming to town Thursday. What was Coach Counts thinking when she drew this schedule up?

3) Robinson (7-2) – Big win over the last undefeated team in the Patriot District in downing the Wolverines on Tuesday, before handling Meridian on Saturday. Rumor that the injury bug has cropped up, which may be the only thing slowing them down at this point as they continue to roll.

4) Battlefield (7-1) – Big win over Centreville on Saturday, means the Bobcats have avenged 2 of their 3 losses from last year. With the future of the postponed Langley game uncertain, Battlefield could be in their annual glide path to run the table to the state finals.

5) Centreville (8-2) – Tough week for the Wildcats as they showed well vs the Warhawks and Bobcats only to come up short in both. Rumor is the injury bug may have bit them too. Let’s hope everyone stays healthy when they face the also-bitten Rams on Monday and the Wildcats are back at full strength for the showdown with the Cougars on Thursday.

6) Woodson (8-3)– Kept cruising with a big win down at the prison yard last week. Go on the road this week to Lake Badluck and the Boise State of NoVa (not TCW). Cavs seem to be dangerously flying below the 6A radar.

7) West Potomac (6-1) – The Wolverines hung in there vs the Rams last Tuesday (2 goal game at the half) and then bounced back on everyone’s trampoline (aka Fairfax) on Saturday. They get down to really playing again this week, with 3 home games (let’s hope the snack bar is stocked), including the battle for Alexandria on Tuesday, a grudge match with their former coach on Wednesday (vs. Lake Badluck) and a big test vs West Springfield on Friday.

8) West Springfield (8-2) – Sparty rolled through their trip to Alexandria (don’t call us TCW) aka “Blue Turf” City as expected this past week and face two big ones this week with rival SoCo coming to town on Tuesday and a big trip back to the other half of Alexandria to face the Wolverines on Friday.

9) South Lakes (9-2) – Impressive win over Chantilly on Monday makes them look likely to get a ticket out of the stacked Concorde District since Region D is not an all-in region. Will need to clutch that ticket tight, as Westfield and the Warhawks this week will be tall tasks.

10) TIE Langley (6-3), Yorktown (3-6) – If you haven’t noticed by now, the Buckster loves to see ties broken on the field the week they are slotted. This week is no exception with the Saxons and Patriots battling Tuesday for the top slot in the Liberty district. Both teams end up tied after recent lackluster wins over Washington & Liberty, who Meridian beat by 17 last week, just 2 days before being routed by Robinson. Someone will emerge as the favorite in the Liberty and top seed in the upcoming tournament.

12) Westfield (7-3) – The Bulldogs are moving the wrong way after two straight double-digit losses to Centreville and Oakton and need a win this week vs either South Lakes or fellow #12 Chantilly to stop the slide down the polls.

Tie Chantilly (3-4) - As noted above, this tie is set to be broken on the field this week, and the Chargers have lost 3 straight and need to right the ship vs McLean and Westfield this week to show that they still are a player in the Concorde.

14) Colgan (6-0) – No games for the Landsharks this past week. Unfortunately, the NVYLL is still in season, so they couldn’t pick up a 7/8 B team to play and toughen up their SoS. Game with Freedom SR this week may be toughest left on their regular season schedule.

15) Justice (6-3) – The Sheriff’s are in the drivers seat in the National District after wins vs Edison and TJST, and face a with a huge showdown with Falls Church this week. Old JEB Stuart’s only losses are to teams that have spent time in the top 15.

Also considered: Patriot, The Cosby Show, John Champe

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”