2023 Virginia Public GLax

HS Girls Lacrosse
Coyote-K

Re: 2023 Virginia Public GLax

Post by Coyote-K »

Love the top 15 ranking each week with commentary! Who are the biggest surprises on this list?
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

West Potomac without a doubt.
Coyote-K

Post by Coyote-K »

Oakton with the 11-6 win over Madison
Robinson holds off Centreville 16-13

Any other score updates?
UnderArmourOdor

Re: The Mystery...

Post by UnderArmourOdor »

Hey Ex-Lax ever break the code why the Wolves had to bail on the Lake Braddock game on the Friday before Easter Break?
I've seen a couple of films that might have an answer:
Disappearance - After the West Po lax coach disappears from his sailboat, a LaxFan poster must uncover the truth by interviewing the parents who didn't think their daughters were getting enough playing time.
Taken - Retired CIA agent Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) used his "particular set of skills" to be his daughter, Kim's (Maggie Grace) lacrosse coach. She is kidnapped while playing against a team from Bulgaria. Now Bryan must coach the Bulgarian team to a tourney championship to get her back.
Transporter - Mercenary Frank Martin (Jason Statham) has accepted a job that seems easy enough, as West Po's lacrosse coach to young Jackie daughter of crusading politician Jefferson Billings (Matthew Modine.) The problem is that Billings is crusading against an international drug cartel. They retaliate by kidnapping Jackie. Responsible for the girl, Frank must reclaim him and defeat the cartel.
True Lies - Secretly a spy but thought by his family to be a dull lax coach, Harry Tasker (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is tracking down nuclear missiles in the possession of Chinese Fanatic known as the Blond One (Ken Jeong) a rival lax coach. Harry's mission is complicated by missing a lax game when his neglected wife, Helen (Jamie Lee Curtis), is kidnapped, the secret agent must save the world and patch up his marriage at the same time.
Commando - Retired Special Forces soldier John Matrix (Arnold Schwarzenegger) lives with daughter Jenny (Alyssa Milano) as West Po lax coach, but his game schedule is upended when Jenny is kidnapped by the Blond One (Ken Jeong) who works for former Latin American dictator UAO (Dan Hedaya), who wants Matrix to restore him to power. Instead, Matrix sets out to take down the rogue leader and rescue his daughter.
Scene from Commando:
John Matrix: Where is she, Blond One?
Blond One: Kiss my ass!
Matrix: I can't hear you!
Blond One: I'll say it a little louder, no dice!
Matrix: [holds Blond One upside-down off the back of the West Po stands by his leg] Listen, loyalty is very touching. But it is not the most important thing in your life right now! But what IS important is gravity! I have to remind you Blond One, this is my weak arm!
Blond One: You can't kill me Matrix! You need me to find your daughter!
Matrix: Where is she?
Blond One: I don't know. But UAO knows, I'll take you to where I'm supposed to meet him!
Matrix: But you won't.
Blond One: Why not?
Matrix: [holds the hotel key he stole from Blond One that UAO is posting from] Because I already know. Remember, Blond One, when I promised to kill you last?
Blond One: That's right, Matrix! You did!
Matrix: I lied. [Matrix releases Blond One, who falls into the West Po wood chipper]
UAO [on FanLax]: What did you do with Blond One?
Matrix [replies on FanLax]: Don't worry, I let him go!
Coyote-K

Post by Coyote-K »

ExLax wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:20 pm West Potomac without a doubt.
Agree! Should be two great games when they take on West Springfield and Woodson to end district play!
VALaxer

Post by VALaxer »

Coyote-K wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:13 pm Love the top 15 ranking each week with commentary! Who are the biggest surprises on this list?
In addition to WestPo, gotta say South Lakes. I think many thought they'd be ok, but they have had a really good season to put themselves in the mix.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Oh yeah...

I did make it out to the Cat's Lair last night as Robo came calling as part of the George Mason Tourney. There were holes on both sides, No Cherry (knee?), No Wakefield (concussion?) So the Cats had to lean on SRs AVA LAaaaRUUUFFAAAA (how the announcer rolled it out at least five times on goals) & Kopfinger & JR Poston! It was a shootout as both goalies were under siege Robo used two, Cats only have one. Without Cherry, Cats tried to shut off Checkosky without much success. It looked like it was over at the half 10-5 Robo as the herd of subs & balanced scoring was wearing out the Cats who made no subs the entire game. Their bench is so thin they played a call-up JV girl as "Battlefield had ended the season of a defender & hurt Wakefield" (according to a guy on the Wildcat sideline but this is unsubstantiated in FanLax by someone at the game!) I was getting up to leave with Rams going to run it out up by 4 or 5 when Robo Frosh #19 decided she needed a goal using a dangerous shot (YC.) Poston quickly scored two & AVA LAaaaRUUUFFAAAA tallied to make it 15-13 but time ran out on the Cats after a YC made it 16-13.
Game Notes: 1) The Federal Aviation Administration arrived after the halftime music break saying that pilots inbound to Dulles were unable to hear the tower over the music!
2) It helps that Cats can see in the dark as C-Ville has one of the darker fields in the region as it was tough to see the ball from the stands.
3) B-B-Q Sandwiches at the Snack Alley (throw back to cartoon Top Cat) are worth the drive.
4) Speaking of great call backs, announcer used "Dodgeball's" ESPN Channel on one of #8 AVA LAaaaRUUUFFAAAA's goals...calling her "LA OCHOOOO!" Entertaining game worth the drive out Braddock Road as reported by Cotton McKnight & Pepper Brooks!
ExLax

Re: The Mystery...

Post by ExLax »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:03 am Hey Ex-Lax ever break the code why the Wolves had to bail on the Lake Braddock game on the Friday before Easter Break?
I've seen a couple of films that might have an answer:
Disappearance - After the West Po lax coach disappears from his sailboat, a LaxFan poster must uncover the truth by interviewing the parents who didn't think their daughters were getting enough playing time.
Taken - Retired CIA agent Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) used his "particular set of skills" to be his daughter, Kim's (Maggie Grace) lacrosse coach. She is kidnapped while playing against a team from Bulgaria. Now Bryan must coach the Bulgarian team to a tourney championship to get her back.
Transporter - Mercenary Frank Martin (Jason Statham) has accepted a job that seems easy enough, as West Po's lacrosse coach to young Jackie daughter of crusading politician Jefferson Billings (Matthew Modine.) The problem is that Billings is crusading against an international drug cartel. They retaliate by kidnapping Jackie. Responsible for the girl, Frank must reclaim him and defeat the cartel.
True Lies - Secretly a spy but thought by his family to be a dull lax coach, Harry Tasker (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is tracking down nuclear missiles in the possession of Chinese Fanatic known as the Blond One (Ken Jeong) a rival lax coach. Harry's mission is complicated by missing a lax game when his neglected wife, Helen (Jamie Lee Curtis), is kidnapped, the secret agent must save the world and patch up his marriage at the same time.
Commando - Retired Special Forces soldier John Matrix (Arnold Schwarzenegger) lives with daughter Jenny (Alyssa Milano) as West Po lax coach, but his game schedule is upended when Jenny is kidnapped by the Blond One (Ken Jeong) who works for former Latin American dictator UAO (Dan Hedaya), who wants Matrix to restore him to power. Instead, Matrix sets out to take down the rogue leader and rescue his daughter.
++++ too funny! Well concocted UAO - I laughed hard +++++

I have no idea why WestPo didn't play Lake Badluck as scheduled, doubt they were avoiding a game because of VC, will go with the BuckyLou statement of 'postponed' until further information is available or created :D :D :D
CreaseRoll123

Re: Oh yeah...

Post by CreaseRoll123 »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:29 am I did make it out to the Cat's Lair last night as Robo came calling as part of the George Mason Tourney. There were holes on both sides, No Cherry (knee?), No Wakefield (concussion?) So the Cats had to lean on SRs AVA LAaaaRUUUFFAAAA (how the announcer rolled it out at least five times on goals) & Kopfinger & JR Poston! It was a shootout as both goalies were under siege Robo used two, Cats only have one. Without Cherry, Cats tried to shut off Checkosky without much success. It looked like it was over at the half 10-5 Robo as the herd of subs & balanced scoring was wearing out the Cats who made no subs the entire game. Their bench is so thin they played a call-up JV girl as "Battlefield had ended the season of a defender & hurt Wakefield" (according to a guy on the Wildcat sideline but this is unsubstantiated in FanLax by someone at the game!) I was getting up to leave with Rams going to run it out up by 4 or 5 when Robo Frosh #19 decided she needed a goal using a dangerous shot (YC.) Poston quickly scored two & AVA LAaaaRUUUFFAAAA tallied to make it 15-13 but time ran out on the Cats after a YC made it 16-13.
Game Notes: 1) The Federal Aviation Administration arrived after the halftime music break saying that pilots inbound to Dulles were unable to hear the tower over the music!
2) It helps that Cats can see in the dark as C-Ville has one of the darker fields in the region as it was tough to see the ball from the stands.
3) B-B-Q Sandwiches at the Snack Alley (throw back to cartoon Top Cat) are worth the drive.
4) Speaking of great call backs, announcer used "Dodgeball's" ESPN Channel on one of #8 AVA LAaaaRUUUFFAAAA's goals...calling her "LA OCHOOOO!" Entertaining game worth the drive out Braddock Road as reported by Cotton McKnight & Pepper Brooks!
Cats without more than 1 of their D1 commits and others. #8 for Robo was shut down for the most part and only scored 2 goals both coming off of the 8 meter. I would say that shutting her off was pretty successful. Interesting that Cvilles 2nd line middies (minus LaRuffa) dominated Robo on the draw...
UnderArmourOdor

Re: First Trip to see new look Bruins!

I thought the Bruins had come up with a new defense to shut out the Cavs...they locked the gate at the top of the stairs! Did get in the side gate...maybe lost key or no bolt cutter???? Great old-school pre-game warm-up with old school hip-hop! Cavs came out of the gate hot to go up 3-0 before Bruins got on the board. Looked like a rout 7-1 but Bruins got on a run with the Di Di Mau transition offense closing the gap to 4-7. Cavs finished half strong and it was 10-4 at the break. Hit the Bear Snack Shop with Chick-fil-A in the house! Second half just too many subs by Cavs as clock ran some & it ended 17-5. Got cold in the second half!
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Got sent some scores...

25 APR
SoCo 8 - Sparty 6 WOW! Did anyone see this game??????????????
Marshall 21 - Wakefield 2
Herndon 9 - Washington-Lee 12
Fairfax 2 - Robo 15
Yorktown 8 - Langley 10 This had to be a good game?!?!
TCW 2 West Po 14
SS/SA 18 - MadHawks 8
26 APR
Lake Braddock 4 West Po 17 (Better than the forfeit it probably should have been!)
Thomas Jefferson S&T 7 Buford T. Justice 22
Hylton 1 TCW 15
Hayfield 15 Jerry Lewis 5
27 APR
Cougs 17 Cats 11 (A Cat Fight - nobody must have attended!)
Jerry Lewis 0 Falls Church 19 (Comedians bageled by Jags)
MadHawks 12 South Lakes 11 (This had to be a good game or maybe not?)
Westfield 12 Tilly 10
ExLax

Re: Got sent some scores...

Post by ExLax »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:52 pm 26 APR
Lake Braddock 4 West Po 17 (Better than the forfeit it probably should have been!)
"Better than the forfeit it probably should have been!" Agreed! Lake Badluck should have forfeited before playing VCs former team.

UAO you are such a troll - even with your 50+ years of lacrosse experience as you so urgently reinforced in a previous post - obviously your mentor / Virginia One lead aka VC got smoked by his former team and parent coach who knows how to lead a HS team. Kudos to WestPo!
BuckyLou

Re: The Penultimate Poll is Here

Post by BuckyLou »

The season is in the final stretch. Anonymous smack talking boards are abuzz. But there is nothing like a good ol’ FanLax poll to give a picture of where things stand….

1) Oakton (12-0)– The Cougars have solidified their position as the top dog (cat?) this past week with wins over Madison and Centreville, and their win over St Stephens even aged well with private school action this past week. A tricky finale with Chantilly is all that stands between them and a perfect regular season. Let the cowbells ring!

2) Robinson (10-2) – Winners of 10 straight, the Rams are on a roll and have already clinched the top seed in the tough Patriot District as they head into the regular season finale with a trip to Rolling Road this week.

3) Battlefield (9-1) – The Bobcats are only 1 goal away from an undefeated season of their own, but Champe reminded them (in the senior night curse) last week that you still need to put your shoes on for a cake walk to the state finals. I expect they will try to take it our on Patriot this week and not have another close game in their region.

4) Madison (7-3) – Tough week having to face the Cougars and Saints back-to-back. Looked like it was carrying over as they trailed South Lakes until the final minutes, but made the plays in the end. Rematch with Oakton in the postseason should be a good one, but can’t look past Westfield this week.

5) West Potomac (9-1) – A good team that has snuck up by not playing the first half of the season, but they are playing now and had a big 3-0 week and early win with South Lakes holds up well. Showdown with Woodson to see who can keep their “W” on Tuesday.

Tie Woodson (10-3) – The Buckster has said how he loves ties settled on the field. The game on Tuesday is not only for the “W”, the #2 seed in the Patriot District, but also for the #5 ranking.

7) Centreville (8-4)– Losers of 4 of the last 5, the injury bug has not been kind to the Wildcats. Should they get everyone back, they can climb back to upper rungs in the postseason, but will need to get past a very good South Lakes team in the regular season finale.

Tie. South Lakes (10-3) – You should know I couldn’t let this tie go either. The Seahawks would make the 12th Man proud, with a big win over Westfield, and a down to the wire battle with the Warhawks. They or the Wildcats will not only get the #3 seed in the Concorde, but also the #7 ranking.

9) Langley (7-5) -gained control of the Liberty District with a big win vs Yorktown, but then went out and promptly lost to Meridian. That is very much the story of the Laxon Saxons season. Nice wins, followed by tough losses. Can they pull it together for the postseason?

10) Yorktown (5-7) – The Patriots are what they are this year and can’t be counted out to capture another district title from the #2 seed. Still will be a tough out in the postseason.

11) West Springfield (8-4) – Last year after they lost to Woodson, I wrote how Sparty’s offense seemed to be sequestered with the Johnny Depp jury. That trial ended last year. Someone needs to turn on Court TV for Dean Puhlick, as the Spartan defense/goaltending numbers seem to remain strong, but I hear their offense acted like it was still sequestered in two losses this past week.

12) Westfield (8-5) – The Bulldogs picked up a big win over Chantilly last week to stay out of the Concorde basement (although let’s be serious, the Concorde basement is still pretty high rent territory). They can move up even further with a trip to Madison this week.

13) Colgan (9-0) – I move them up as they actually played and beat a decent Freedom SR team this past week, plus their season opening win vs Patriot holds up well. Unfortunately, with many JV seasons done this week, their SoS is only like to drag them down here on out.

14) Chantilly (4-5) – Won one of the lowest scoring 6A games in a while, 5-4, over McLean last week, but couldn’t get by the Bulldogs. Will need a Concorde District win in the tournament to make the regional.

15) Justice (8-3) – The JEB Stuart Sheriff’s have locked up the National District regular season title and are heavy favorites for the district banner.

Also considered: South County, The Cosby Show, John Champe, Patriot
Wg_olyr

Post by Wg_olyr »

Yorktown livestreamed their 16-3 loss to Dominion. Running clock at halftime.
UnderArmourOdor

Re: The New F Word...

ExLax wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:49 pm
"Better than the forfeit it probably should have been!" Agreed! Lake Badluck should have forfeited before playing VCs former team.

UAO you are such a troll - even with your 50+ years of lacrosse experience as you so urgently reinforced in a previous post - obviously your mentor / Virginia One lead aka VC got smoked by his former team and parent coach who knows how to lead a HS team. Kudos to WestPo!
Wow, X-Lax so sorry I hit a nerve! I should have blamed Lake Braddock for getting their team ready for a scheduled game agreed upon by the two schools before the season began. I'm sure there was a perfectly good excuse for the...wait I obviously can't use the F word anymore.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary Definition & Meaning:
Noun: something forfeited or subject to being forfeited (as for a crime, offense, or neglect of duty) : PENALTY
Verb: to lose or lose the right to especially by some error, offense, or crime
Example Sentences:
Noun: The forfeit for each baseball player involved in the brawl was $5,000
Verb: They didn't have enough players, so they ended up having to forfeit.
so, Wokeness allows you to change words you don't like so I offer the new F word alternatives: forego or flexible!

I asked Washington Post what were some of their conspiracy theories to end the mystery:
1) Spring Break Plane leaving early for Cancun!
2) UFOs...correction UAPs, burned crop circles into the field turf disrupting practices!
3) Easter Egg Preperation!
4) Disruption by "Defund the Refs" Movement from "Antifastripes" led by noted anarchist UAO!
5) Fear that the Chinese Spy Balloon had recorded & transmitted the new plays from practice!
6) Environmental protest...forced a wait for one of the Veeps Electric Buses to arrive!
7) Marvel Studios & Disney placed an injunction on the use of Wolverines on the unis!
8) WaPo said when in doubt...just blame it on Trump!
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Great game at "The Pat"...

Last night Cavs welcomed the Wolverines to "The Pat" & it was rocking from the JV game on! Intros had the U-6 Annandale Girls team with the Woodson starters (one took a cross-check going thru the stick tunnel, teams were ready to play!) Cavs jumped out to a quick two-goal lead but it was a back & forth first half as the Wolves came right back to tie it at 2-2. Cavs got some good shots to return the lead to 2 but with 10 minutes left West Po made it 3-4. Winning some draws Cavs stuck twice with 8 to go to double up Wolves 6-3. Great play made it 4-6 for the visitors. The half ended on an exciting play where Cavs went the length of the field in the last 15 seconds drawing a free position with 1 second left. The wicked shot made a huge thunk and dropped straight down, the experienced "A" team of officials waived it off as the big West Po goalie was quick to turn around and scoop up the ball. Both sides had an opinion, but I haven't seen the tape...so half ended 6-4 Cavs.
Bolstered the Wolves got within one in the first minute of the 2nd. In the 20th minute, Cavs tallied twice to take it to 8-5. The Wolves stormed back with a three-goal run to knot it at 8 with 16 minutes left before a YC slowed their push. The game of runs continued as Cavs answered with a three-goal run of their own ending at 9 minutes to lead 11-8. Big call in 2nd half was a too many men call before a draw as they had only 3 on offense, obviously 3 on the circle but 6 in the "D" box. "We only have 12 on the field" a supporter yelled but the goalie counts and that made it unlucky 13! West Po got some key draws and went back-to-back transition goals to get within one 11-10. Scary moment as a West Po girl went down that looked serious but it was away from the ball so I didn't see how. She was carried off so that wasn't good this late in the season. The Cavs lost a player for some time in the second but she did return late. At 4 minutes, Cavs got the insurance goal and were able to run it out for the 12-10 win. Both keepers had big saves that kept this game from being a first to 20 game. Announcer was on, music was loud, snack bar was good but the weather was not...not May-like as it misted rain with a cold wind but thankfully never was a downpour...enough of that after last Friday's monsoon lacrosse. I got a call from that Seer from the East, Laxinac the Magnificent, that this may not be the last meeting of these teams!
VALaxer

Post Season Lacrosse is Here - Patriot District Tournament

Post by VALaxer »

Is set and kicks off tomorrow! No time like the present!

Quarterfinal Games 5/4
8) Alexandria City @ 1) Robinson
5) Lake Braddock @ 4) West Springfield
Winners meet 5/8 at higher seed

7) Fairfax @ 2) Woodson
6) South County @ 3) West Potomac
Winners meet 5/8 at higher seed

Championship game 5/10 at higher seed
ExLax

Re: The New F Word...

Post by ExLax »

UnderArmourOdor wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:43 am
ExLax wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:49 pm

Wow, X-Lax so sorry I hit a nerve!
I asked Washington Post what were some of their conspiracy theories to end the mystery:
4) Disruption by "Defund the Refs" Movement from "Antifastripes" led by noted anarchist UAO!
5) Fear that the Chinese Spy Balloon had recorded & transmitted the new plays from practice!
8) WaPo said when in doubt...just blame it on Trump!
Good response, UAO / MFT (my favorite troll)!

No nerve impacted as I was just stating the obvious as teams reschedule games routinely and your undying admiration for all things VC is just so clear. Remember your WestPo conspiracy last year of 'one JV player' analysis that was more wrong than WMD present in Iraq??

Yes, in that UAO literary world (a compliment BTW):
4) "Disruption': yes let's get rid of refs - they are just irritants and you call a better game from the stands than they possibly can with your 50+ years of experience
5) "Chinese Spy Balloon": well stated and too funny!
8) "Blame it on Trump": ExLax prediction that UAO becomes VC campaign manager for President of NoVa Lacrosse and VC runs similar campaign to the subject title.

Enjoying the playoff season on all levels!
BuckyLou

The Final Regular Season(+) Poll is here

Post by BuckyLou »

The regular season has wrapped for the Northern Region, and the new season is about to start for many (Except for the Patriot District which already started and had chalk prevail in the District Quarters last week – thus the +). Here is where things stand heading into the postseason. Some good teams may be done this week.

1) Oakton (13-0)– The Cougars earn the top seed in the tough Concorde District and are guaranteed a spot in the Region of Doom as they seek to earn the only top spot that matters – the one at the end of the state tournament.

2) Robinson (12-2) – Winners of 12 straight, the Rams survived their final regular season test at West Springfield and coasted through the 1 v 8 matchup in the District Quarters to earn a Monday night rematch with Sparty.

3) Battlefield (11-1) – The Bobcats are on their annual glide plane to the state finals after a 11-1 regular season. The question is whether Champe or Colgan can give them any kind of contest beforehand and who gets the 2nd state ticket out of Region B.

4) Woodson (12-3)- The Cavs got a big win over WestPo at the Pat last week to earn the 2 seed in the Patriot and, as a reward, they get a rematch with WestPo at the Pat on Monday in the Patriot semi-finals. Let’s hope Chik-fil-a is in the House.

5) Madison (7-4) – Tough weekend for those named James Madison, first Westfield clips the Warhawks on Friday, and then the Gators chomped the Dukes on Saturday. Luckily for both squads, the real season starts now and maybe they got the wakeup call they needed. A bye in the Concorde District allows then to sit and await the winner of South Lakes – Chantilly, and, more importantly, ensures that they will see region play.

6) West Potomac (10-2) – Lost a close one to the Cavs on Tuesday, and took out their frustrations on South County on Thursday to earn a return match at the Pat on Monday night with a trip to the District title game at stake.

7) South Lakes (11-3) – Solid win over Centreville last week earned them the #3 seed in the Concorde and a rematch with Chantilly to make the region. If only they had hung on vs. Madison, they would’ve been the surprise 2 seed.

8) Langley (9-4) -The regular season Liberty District champs who many have written off, went 6-1 down the stretch and are strong favorites to test their mettle against the Concorde in the Regionals, but a likely rematch with Yorktown for the District title awaits first.

9) Centreville (9-5)– Losers of 5 of the last 7, the ‘Cats are moving in the wrong direction, but, luckily for them, the new season starts now and they have the talent to make a run. Unluckily for them, they now face a fired-up Westfield team.

10) West Springfield (9-5) – After some late season hiccups, Sparty was happy to see the post-season arrive and promptly went out and got back to where we expected them to be in the Patriot District mix, disposing of Lake Badluck in the Patriot quarters.

11) Westfield (9-5) – The Bulldogs picked up a huge win over Madison on Friday night, hanging on despite a late Warhawk charge. Their matchup with Centreville in the District quarters means someone’s season is done this week. Expect a good one.

12) Yorktown (6-8) – Just when it looked like the Patriots may be righting the ship, along came Dominion and reminded us all that the Patriots are what they are this year. Still, it makes them a contender in the district this week.

13) Justice (10-3) – Ok, I lied above when I said the Patriot was the only district whose postseason had started. The National did too, but the only team to give any attention to are the sheriffs who should win the district’s coronation march this week.

14) Colgan (11-0) – Continue to roll along, but I hear they are ducking the top seeds in the NVYLL. Sooner or later they will maybe have to play Battlefield or another Region B contender (if you can call anyone that) and we will see how good they really are.

15) John Champe (9-3) – Wins over Patriot and Freedom this past week, and a previous closer-than-expected game with Battlefield make them a sneaky pick to make the state tourney from Region B. I mean, somebody else besides Battlefield gets to go too, why not the Knights?

Also considered: The Huxtables, Chantilly, Colonial Forge
UnderArmourOdor

Re: Cavs-Wolves Run It Back...

SIX Days Later...the Wolverines were back at "The Pat." I arrived in the parking lot and immediately joined the West Po Tailgate wearing my VC for Fairfax Commonwealth's Attorney Button. I still have X-Lax trying to get the election slogans ironed out as I handed out the draft T-Shirts: "Pick Vic"; "VC - 4 U & Me"; "Chen if Not Now...When?" The good news his numbers within the West Po voters are still better than today's ABC-WaPo Poll as he beats Biden-Harris by 64%-36%...the bad news it is only 54%-46% when the full ticket VC-UAO is mentioned...damn X-Lax is right!
West Po came to play jumping out to a 3-0 lead with 16 minutes left. It became a defensive struggle for the next 14 until the Cavs finally scored with 2 minutes to go. The Cavs made it 2-3 with a minute left but could get no closer as the Wolves took a YC just before the half but won the first draw of the 2nd half to kill it off. The Cavs took two back to back YCs & Wolves took advantage to go up 4-2. The Cavs found their shooting footing with 15 minutes left and reeled off 6 straight goals in 10 minutes to go up 8-4 including a Man-Up goal in the run when a WP player got her second YC. West Po ended the run with 5 left but Cavs pushed it back to a four goal lead a minute later. It ended 9-5...big crowd, three ref "A" team, good snack bar, great weather...finally!

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”