Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Trump's Russian Collusion

Post by dislaxxic »

A specific thread that may or may NOT end this fall at some point, whereupon we can get into a more generic "FBI, CIA, IC" topic perhaps??

The Mueller Timeline [PolitiFact]

Last edited by dislaxxic on Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:52 am, edited 21 times in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote:A specific thread that may or may NOT end this fall at some point, whereupon we can get into a more generic "FBI, CIA, IC" topic perhaps??

The Mueller Timeline [PolitiFact]

Landed.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Good to see you, TLD...after a moment of panic late last night, i breathed a sigh of relief when i remembered the "lifeboat"...

Onward!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Everyone here passing on the "Lifeboat"?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

This IS the lifeboat, no? You mean...not much post activity yet??

I think it'll take time for people to see and digest what happened last night.

Some may take the opportunity to retire from the fray (i sure HOPE so, in many cases... ;) )

frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

Don't get your hopes up too high dis, some of us have to stick around to keep you on your toes.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

seacoaster wrote:Everyone here passing on the "Lifeboat"?
Sorry dis; I meant passing on the URL for this site to folks you know from LP.

TLD, YA, good to see you are here.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

I spread the word about FanLax on my meager (650+ followers) Twitter account, which means the 25-50 people who actually read my posts woke up this morning asking, “What the h*ll is FanLax?!?”

Still, I tried.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

seacoaster wrote:Sorry dis; I meant passing on the URL for this site to folks you know from LP.
ahh, pass ALONG the URL...that makes perfect sense.

I cross posted the "LaxPower Lifeboat" thread in a bunch of the old threads, but who knows who saw that or acted on it...

Guess we'll find out!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The lacrosse world is a small world. People will find it. The issue is that it's August 29th. The lacrosse websites are writing pieces about where players interned this summer.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

IF MUELLER SHOWS TRUMP AND STONE CHEATED TO WIN THE PRIMARY, WILL REPUBLICANS TURN ON TRUMP?

"And, given how rabidly Republican base voters support Trump, I could see why Republicans would let bygones be bygones. It’s not like the Republican party has ever before shown distaste for Stone’s rat-heck. Plus, no one likes Ted Cruz, and he may not even survive his race against Beto O’Rourke. So, no, Republicans won’t be any more disposed against Stone if he is shown to have helped Trump cheat in the primary.

All that said, if Mueller indicts Stone in other crimes that Republicans would like to distance themselves from, any allegations about the primary may provide cover.

So, no, whatever dark money slush Mueller is looking at implicates Trump’s victory over the mainstream party won’t, by itself, turn Republicans against Trump. But down the road it may provide cover for the moment Republicans would like to turn on him."

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

A little overview of current staff and other issues facing The Disgrace:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 68fb71ce0b

"Trump advisers also are discussing recruiting experienced legal firepower to the Office of White House Counsel, which is facing departures and has dwindled in size at a critical juncture. The office has about 25 lawyers now, down from roughly 35 earlier in the presidency, according to a White House official with direct knowledge.

Trump announced Wednesday that Donald McGahn will depart as White House counsel this fall, once the Senate confirms Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh. Three of McGahn’s deputies — Greg Katsas, Uttam Dhillon and Makan Delrahim — have departed, and a fourth, Stefan Passantino, will have his last day Friday. That leaves John Eisenberg, who handles national security, as the lone deputy counsel.

Trump recently has consulted his personal attorneys about the likelihood of impeachment proceedings. And McGahn and other aides have invoked the prospect of impeachment to persuade the president not to take actions or behave in ways that they believe would hurt him, officials said."
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Seacoaster, The Disgrace is gonna NEED more legal firepower...

Don McGahn's Bullshirt Report Covering Up The Flynn Firing

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

We’re in for dark and challenging months ahead.

"As I noted recently, if we look at the totality of the Special Counsel’s investigation it seems very likely that there are things the investigators know about Manafort’s activities that can never be made public in a courtroom. They are likely inadmissible and even if they were admissible would involve jeopardizing intelligence sources. The most plausible logic of all the charges that have been brought against Manafort is that they want him to admit what they know to be true based on highly classified information that cannot be presented in a courtroom. That is why President Trump is so intent on pardoning him.

Trump appears to know he cannot let the Special Counsel’s investigation continue, not in its present form, not without risking his presidency, his wealth and perhaps his freedom. For now, there’s no reason to think anyone will stop him. Republicans are becoming more accommodating rather than less in helping him to do so. The check will be a Democratic congress which can not only investigate but conduct a largely public investigation."

If we want to know what happened...REALLY happened...we need to install a Dem House come November...

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Moved to the appropriate thread...

Pretty telling Tweet as seen here by Trump and a high standard man within Fed Law Enforcement, with strong ties to Lax. I read somewhere on the ole' LP pages that this all ends up at 1600 Penn. Ave. pre-2017.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote:Moved to the appropriate thread...

Pretty telling Tweet as seen here by Trump and a high standard man within Fed Law Enforcement, with strong ties to Lax. I read somewhere on the ole' LP pages that this all ends up at 1600 Penn. Ave. pre-2017.
Obama was in that Trump Tower Meeting?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Obama was in that Trump Tower Meeting?
Not in, but was pulling the strings on his like minded puppets that orchestrated that meeting. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

Tim Nelson's former roommate!

We've gone over this 1,000 times. Mr. Maltz knows better. You can't indict a POTUS candidate the year of an election. Because if you don't convict, the DoJ has now stolen an election from the people, and there's no do-over.

Trump is now in charge of the Executive Branch. Go right ahead and prosecute Hillary! What's stopping him? What's stopping the R's from putting this conspiracy theory to bed?

(maybe they have more to gain by not lifting a finger, and letting the tinfoil hats have their day in the sun....just a thought)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote:

Tim Nelson's former roommate!

We've gone over this 1,000 times. Mr. Maltz knows better. You can't indict a POTUS candidate the year of an election. Because if you don't convict, the DoJ has now stolen an election from the people, and there's no do-over.

Trump is now in charge of the Executive Branch. Go right ahead and prosecute Hillary! What's stopping him? What's stopping the R's from putting this conspiracy theory to bed?

(maybe they have more to gain by not lifting a finger, and letting the tinfoil hats have their day in the sun....just a thought)
This tidbit I posted via his timeline is the tip of the iceberg. It goes much-much deeper than this one piece. Worth a read thru his feed, he has some interesting posts. BTW, people are listening to him. I could see a spot for him in a higher office....but who knows.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

Oh, you'll get no argument from me. What Hillary did with her emails was batsh*t crazy, and as irresponsible as it gets. And, obviously, she was lamely trying to keep something from public record...otherwise should would have simply set up whatever she needed using the State Dept. tech wonks.

Prosecute away!

Return to “POLITICS”