UIndy??

D2 Womens Lacrosse
LaxPundit07

Re: UIndy??

Post by LaxPundit07 »

And Jones inexpicably lands ANOTHER Division 1 head coaching job. Albeit in Siberia (Akron), but nontheless.
Bart

Post by Bart »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:34 am And Jones inexpicably lands ANOTHER Division 1 head coaching job. Albeit in Siberia (Akron), but nontheless.
Huh...interesting.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Earth888,

I read your post a few times and this one part of your post REALLY REALLY bothered me. Since you wrote it, I am going to ask you to explain it here on the Forum. If you do not feel comfortable doing that, then you can PM me your response and I will keep that to myself. Here's the troubling part that I copied :

stuck us with Elaine. She was completely not a fit for our team nor qualified to coach a National Championship team. Our values and standards were completely different than hers. Her goals did not align to the teams and after this season there were concerns that she was not capable of supporting and coaching the successful program we as players contributed to building over the past number of years.

I will end with this, it will always benefit one to read what they wrote before they hit 'submit' or 'send'.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Earth888 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:23 pm I came across this page while online today. As a recent player on the team it was interesting to read about the speculation going on about everything that has happened these past years. I can only talk to my personal experience, however I feel the need to share it in order to clear some things up.

I was recruited by James Delaney and played under him for multiple years. I played on the team during or 2021-22 natty season and was on the team when Elaine was our coach this past season. While James was a very tough coach to play under and had very very high standards for players on the team, I had a positive experience playing under him and I can only speak highly to how much he taught me and developed me as a player. Not every player responds to the same type of coaching style. It’s unfortunate that a small group who were leaving the team made a decision about what they thought was best for the girls who were staying without consulting them first. I think it’s very clear after looking at how many players entered the transfer portal after our coaches were fired that our coaches being fired was not a decision that reflected majority of the teams wishes. I am also extremely disappointed with how athletics went about handling the situation at the time. Luckily there has recently been positional changes in athletics and now consists of people who clearly prioritize listening to every voice that has an opinion on the subject. Before these new positions were filled UIndy athletics also scrambled to find us a head coach and stuck us with Elaine. She was completely not a fit for our team nor qualified to coach a National Championship team. Our values and standards were completely different than hers. Her goals did not align to the teams and after this season there were concerns that she was not capable of supporting and coaching the successful program we as players contributed to building over the past number of years.

While playing I’ve always had so much love and respect for my teammates. No one can truly understand our experiences unless they were there. I don’t think one off experiences should portray a negative light on my past seasons playing on the team. As it takes a very special bond and chemistry between a team and players to go all the way and win a National Title. For the future I hope UIndy finds coaches that can build this program back to what it was on track to be. The girls left on the team are amazing players and people. They deserve coaches that care and also coaches who have aligning values to what this program promises.
WOW, this story as you describe it sounds eerily (and sadly for all involved) similar to what happened at Dartmouth in 2016. Including the hurried hiring of a poor match at HC and the eventual housecleaning of an inept athletic administration. Wishing the whole UIndy family resilience and the very best.
Geo927

Post by Geo927 »

Without overthinking this, this seems like a very good situation to stay away from, in my opinion.
Examining the player and/or coach viewpoints will yield some agreements and/or disagreements, but nothing conclusive. If a college coach, I'd look for opportunities away from this one.
Justoldlaxdad

Post by Justoldlaxdad »

Rumor is former player might be in mix
Bart

Post by Bart »

Justoldlaxdad wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:06 am Rumor is former player might be in mix
UIndy goes with Romig. Just a year out from playing. Wish her luck.

Return to “D2 WOMENS LACROSSE”