Crossroads

General Chatter
Farfromgeneva

Re: Crossroads

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:25 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:24 pm Currently on the beach in Garden City, SC, drinking Busch Light (perfect beach beer) and snacking on my favorite beach snack Gardettos. Capped off with a nice cigar and bourbon around 10pm on the deck.

Love this place. Never crowded on the beach, water is always refreshing but not so cold that shrinkage occurs, and if you know the place well, you can avoid the chaos of everyone rushing to places to eat.

To be honest, beach is my 2-seed over being somewhere in cooler climate near a lake….but this scratches the itch and recharges the batteries.
You drinking Busch Light because you like it or to fit in. Most beaches I’ve been to don’t allow alcohol. Guess it’s ok there?

So, what’s the featured seafood down there?
It goes down like water with a low ABV and under 100 calories, it’s a great beach beer, IMO.

Each area has their rules. Surfside is no drinking but Garden City is fine.

It’s chock full of fresh seafood…depending on what is running the coast….Blue’s, Flounder, Red Drum/ Spot tail Bass, Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Shrimp, Oysters, Clams, Blue Crab.
Folly is the most laid back of the Charleston Beaches. Garden City is great, good food, rented house there one year but also had a (second row) beach house at Pawleys for a few years. Top ticked it and lost money actually. Best food section in that greater Myrtle Area to me is Murrells inlet. Know the owner of this nicer spot called Bovines but really any place with a basket of fried oysters and margarita in a plastic cup works great there.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:32 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:24 pm Currently on the beach in Garden City, SC, drinking Busch Light (perfect beach beer) and snacking on my favorite beach snack Gardettos. Capped off with a nice cigar and bourbon around 10pm on the deck.

Love this place. Never crowded on the beach, water is always refreshing but not so cold that shrinkage occurs, and if you know the place well, you can avoid the chaos of everyone rushing to places to eat.

To be honest, beach is my 2-seed over being somewhere in cooler climate near a lake….but this scratches the itch and recharges the batteries.
You drinking Busch Light because you like it or to fit in. Most beaches I’ve been to don’t allow alcohol. Guess it’s ok there?

It goes down like water with a low ABV and under 100 calories, it’s a great beach beer, IMO.

It’s chock full of fresh seafood…depending on what is running the coast….Blue’s, Flounder, Red Drum/ Spot tail Bass, Trout, Spanish Mackerel, Shrimp, Oysters, Clams, Blue Crab.
Folly is the most laid back of the Charleston Beaches. Garden City is great, good food, rented house there one year but also had a (second row) beach house at Pawleys for a few years. Top ticked it and lost money actually. Best food section in that greater Myrtle Area to me is Murrells inlet. Know the owner of this nicer spot called Bovines but really any place with a basket of fried oysters and margarita in a plastic cup works great there.
Haven’t been to Bovines in a long time. Was overpriced price food when I last went….seemed to cater to the tourist.

Our new favorite place is an authentic Mexican place called Luna. It’s on the southern tip of Murrell’s inlet on the right side of 17S. Another great place around sunset is Gulf Stream Cafe which is in Murrells inlet but you have to go through garden city to get there by road.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Have you tried Bowen’s Island Restaurant on the way out to Folly? Pretty decent with great views…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:41 am

Have you tried Bowen’s Island Restaurant on the way out to Folly? Pretty decent with great views…
Have to look it up, have stayed on the island a handful of times since moving south but last time was 6-7yrs ago. Been going to Amelia in FL or Tybee/Savannah more lately when getting away to waterfront. But we have eaten out a lot around there so probably if it was there 8-10yrs ago.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:21 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:48 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:14 am
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:23 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:14 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:01 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:46 pm For $3,000,000.00, what is the name of this public transit?

IMG_0709.jpeg
Gotta be the Monongahela Incline (Funicular). Deduced it by knowing that's Pittsburgh's Skyline and the Monongahela in front of it!!

Joe
Incorrect.
Ahh you got me! I couldn't decide between that and The Duquesne Incline/Funicular. But 2nd guess isn't the same! Good stuff...

Joe
Correct.

I’ll be riding it when I arrive this afternoon.
Would Tram be acceptable?
Not quite.
Trams have two large passenger cabins that shuttle up and down on a fixed moving cable. When the cabin reaches the top, the cable direction is reversed for the descent. Funiculars use a fixed cable to pull a passenger railcar up and down.
Road my first Funicular last week!!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:09 pm
ardillaa secreta wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:14 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:46 pm For $3,000,000.00, what is the name of this public transit?

IMG_0709.jpeg
Gotta be the Monongahela Incline (Funicular). Deduced it by knowing that's Pittsburgh's Skyline and the Monongahela in front of it!!

Joe
Incorrect.
Ahh you got me! I couldn't decide between that and The Duquesne Incline/Funicular. But 2nd guess isn't the same! Good stuff...

Joe
Correct.

Not quite.
Trams have two large passenger cabins that shuttle up and down on a fixed moving cable. When the cabin reaches the top, the cable direction is reversed for the descent. Funiculars use a fixed cable to pull a passenger railcar up and down.
Where was it located?

I’ve been on the Duquesne Incline several times. The only other was the one that takes you up to the old section of Lyon, France.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:13 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:09 pm
ardillaa secreta wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:14 am

IMG_0709.jpeg

Joe
Incorrect.

Joe
Correct.

Not quite.
Where was it located?

I’ve been on the Duquesne Incline several times. The only other was the one that takes you up to the old section of Lyon, France.
Nazare. It was spectacular. You know, I forgot that I took the Funicular in Lyon as well!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Honk if you’ve been there.
IMG_0846.jpeg
IMG_0846.jpeg (48.82 KiB) Viewed 134 times

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”