Yale 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
calourie

Re: Yale 2019

Post by calourie »

Bulldogs brought the right intensity when they needed it. Can't say enough about this year's team and the Yale program in general. Monday versus UVA should be another good one. Back to back would be amazing if they can manage to pull it off.
Mid-Lax

Post by Mid-Lax »

Great game. A different sort of Epic battle. Congrats to the Elies. Looking forward to Monday.
Lux et veritas
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Congratulations to the Bulldogs! Good luck on Monday.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Great day to be in Philly! So proud of these boys. Gotta get back on Monday.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Plenty of kudos to go around. TD of course, Brandau, Morrill and I could name so many more... really liked the way Eschbach took his goal, ditto Rooney when he was on for Brandau. Well done, Yale, way to go! One more game, one more... whatever happens Monday, this Eli team has been an absolute pleasure to watch.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Tough...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Congrats Eli. Just love the way your guys play.
calourie

Post by calourie »

A few more directed kudos before tomorrow's final. The development of Yale's 2 young SSDMs Ocken and Eschbach has been exceptional. Likewise the emergence of Brandau as the 3rd attackman. Rooney's ability to step in for Brandau and contribute when Matt went down with his twisted ankle says volumes about the preparedness and selflessness of Shay's teams. The calmness of the Bulldog coaching staff on the sidelines was palpable, evidencing an enormous trust in their players, who in turn appear to have an enormous trust in sharing the ball and counting on each other to do their jobs. I really enjoy the way Yale plays the game and interacts with each other. Keep it up and good luck in the finals.

A belated congrats to all the Elis who garnered USILA honors: Ierlan, Fake, Morrill, Tigh, Daniggelis, Hynes and Gaudet. I can't say enough about the play of Aiden Hynes, which reminds me a lot of Chris Keating's in the ability to be in the right place at the right time and come up with a meanigful gb or take-away.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

calourie wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:12 pm A few more directed kudos before tomorrow's final. The development of Yale's 2 young SSDMs Ocken and Eschbach has been exceptional. Likewise the emergence of Brandau as the 3rd attackman. Rooney's ability to step in for Brandau and contribute when Matt went down with his twisted ankle says volumes about the preparedness and selflessness of Shay's teams. The calmness of the Bulldog coaching staff on the sidelines was palpable, evidencing an enormous trust in their players, who in turn appear to have an enormous trust in sharing the ball and counting on each other to do their jobs. I really enjoy the way Yale plays the game and interacts with each other. Keep it up and good luck in the finals.

A belated congrats to all the Elis who garnered USILA honors: Ierlan, Fake, Morrill, Tigh, Daniggelis, Hynes and Gaudet. I can't say enough about the play of Aiden Hynes, which reminds me a lot of Chris Keating's in the ability to be in the right place at the right time and come up with a meanigful gb or take-away.
To calourie's excellent list of kudos, I want to add Joey Sessa. He's the type of player that maybe you have to be at the field watching the game with that 22-man view to really see the true role he plays. He is such a calming, settling force for the Bulldogs. You can see teammates looking for him off of the clears to re-set for the settled offense. He had a nice day yesterday with a goal and three assists.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Thanks for a wonderful season, 2019 Yale Lacrosse. You never quit, and what a season you had. See everyone in 2020. The kid’s going dark to catch up on all the work I neglected while watching Yale lacrosse.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Yes, it was wonderful season (getting to the championship game is quite an accomplishment!), although with a very tough ending. I suspect that Yale will be back next season, hungry & hustling.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Tremendous season for the Elis.
And despite the result, terrific effort today.
Congrats to players and coaches, and best wishes to all.

Sure hope Gaudet's ok.
I agreed with the announcers that it was clean hit, but I know how tough concussions can be and they don't require head to head. Worried for him. Take care.
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

Congrats to yale on another awesome season - the consistency is what's incredible - I remember listening to Sydney Crosby talk about the mental and physical drain of going back to back for the Stanley Cup...we (Hoos) haven't really had that problem of late lol) but Yale is all class and has set a high bar with the results and class. Hopefully, Lars can continue to enhance the culture and playing in C'ville.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Not the Bulldogs day. Liked the grit they showed when having an off day, much of which was a function of a very hard working, determined UVA team. Kudos to the entire team, as well as thanks for keeping me watching until the final whistle of the D1 season with your effort. Wonderful job by the most successful senior class Yale Lacrosse has ever seen. You have left Yale Lacrosse in a considerably better position than when you arrived and that is something in itself given the heights to which Shay and staff had already brought the program. A really fun season and NCAAs for us Yale fans. Tremendous nucleus coming back next year as well. I think TD wants a title.
Mid-Lax

Post by Mid-Lax »

Tough loss for the Elis, but, quite an accomplishment again getting to the title game while beating some great teams along the way. No reason to hang our heads. I heartedly thank and congratulate Yale Lacrosse, the senior class, all of the players, the coaches, the families, and the fans. I am looking forward to more good things.
Last edited by Mid-Lax on Mon May 27, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lux et veritas
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

calourie wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:44 pm Not the Bulldogs day. Liked the grit they showed when having an off day, much of which was a function of a very hard working, determined UVA team. Kudos to the entire team, as well as thanks for keeping me watching until the final whistle of the D1 season with your effort. Wonderful job by the most successful senior class Yale Lacrosse has ever seen. You have left Yale Lacrosse in a considerably better position than when you arrived and that is something in itself given the heights to which Shay and staff had already brought the program. A really fun season and NCAAs for us Yale fans. Tremendous nucleus coming back next year as well. I think TD wants a title.
Calourie, as usual, well said. Yes, liked the grit, but it definitely was an off day; credit to UVa yes, but today the Eli offense looked flat, shooting itself in the foot with some very uncharacteristic sloppy play, especially in the first half. But, again, as I said in my previous post, it was a tremendous season, with such effort and some really exhilarating lax. To have graduated the likes of Reeves, Warner and Keating, yet made it back to Memorial Day... Definitely a tremendous nucleus should be returning, and really I liked the way Eschbach came along this year, the way Aidan Hynes came back from an injury-marred year, the way Brandau came into his own. So many players deserve mention, and the entire team can be very proud; bit I suspect they will also be hungry. Well said also by Mid-Lax: looking forward to more good things. And yes, I agree that TD wants a title; I wouldn't bet against it. Enjoy the summer!
molo

Post by molo »

You represented your school and conference well. You just ran into a pretty good team from a fairly god conference that was a little better than the cognoscenti thought they were.
If Gaudencio had a concussion, he certainly got back out there quickly. The refs were letting them play all weekend.
molo

Post by molo »

You represented your school and conference well. You just ran into a pretty good team from a fairly god conference that was a little better than the cognoscenti thought they were.
If Gaudencio had a concussion, he certainly got back out there quickly. The refs were letting them play all weekend.
molo

Post by molo »

Gaudet
molo

Post by molo »

Yale had the best mascot of the FF. Handsome Dan took the heat in stride.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”