Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:46 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I see both sides. You cant call your self the free speech app and ban people.
Sure you can. X is doing it. Twitter did it. What's stopping them? Is this the first company to fall short of their advertised claims? Does Coca Cola live up to their "Coke adds life" claim? It's just bluster, for heaven's sake. Does anyone take "Fair and Balanced" seriously?
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I worked in a left leaning, major mainstream media outlet for 5-6 years. My current opinion is that there are ZERO 100% trustworthy news outlets right now. Almost every piece or author has a strong agenda. You have to be smart about how you get your "news" these days and be your own reporter. Research non-reported data, understand who prepared those reports, and only believe the news when it is live pictures when it's happening.
Come on....it wasn't like that when you were working in media? They didn't make editorial choices as to what to run, and how often? You know better than this.

Your perception of where you worked is just that: your perception as to where it leans. There's no such thing as a left leaning major media outlet. They all want to maintain power, and not rock the boat. Neither to their editors and workers....they want to keep their good jobs and advance.

If US media was left leaning? They'd be running nonstop stories about single payer health care, free Uni, and everything else every other 1st world nation gets, and that's just for starters. They control the narrative to ACTUALLY move our country left. They don't do that....not even close. The newspapers are there to reinforce the status quo, so the 1%ers keep their fat tax breaks and ownership perqs.
aFan, yes, editors were choosing what stories to run (and not run). What headlines to post. What to cover, where to place stories. Editors even re-wrote stories to bury the lede or change the lede entirely. And this was 15+ years ago, in different industry than we have now. One that had more standards. The need for clicks and desire for the gotcha-game rules all, these days.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:40 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:40 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:50 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I see both sides. You cant call your self the free speech app and ban people. Anyone. But I do find those reports interesting because my personal anecdotes are very different. I've seen more and better discussion and free speech on X in the past year than ever before. Perhaps it IS just my algorithm.

I worked in a left leaning, major mainstream media outlet for 5-6 years. My current opinion is that there are ZERO 100% trustworthy news outlets right now. Almost every piece or author has a strong agenda. You have to be smart about how you get your "news" these days and be your own reporter. Research non-reported data, understand who prepared those reports, and only believe the news when it is live pictures when it's happening.

So for those things, X is awesome. Its real easy to see things live-time AND know exactly what the camera man/reporter's agenda is. Jack's Twitter was crap. Elon's might not be to your liking, but IMO, its a lot more transparent and open than the previous version.
He’s now suing and threatening to sue reporters. He doesn’t believe in free speech this is all strategic.

The data there’s far more anti semitism in X now. It’s been studied quantitatively. So overall it hasn’t gotten better. But each gets their own experience cultivated the way the company wants to direct you given their model.
well...unless one thinks more antisemitism is a good thing... ;)
As a strong supporter of the People of God, even I will ask, how do you define antisemitism on X?
Slurs? Calls for violence? Opposition? Or just criticism?
Massive statistical spike in the first two and quite direct often. Note the second one is abhorrent and it’s absolutely gone up since he took over. It’s not debatable or something you can parse and chip away at he let those cats back in no problem then started cultivating and cursing around anything having to do with him. It’s just a fact.
I'm not debating, just asking.
I noticed "covers" and warnings for posts that were flagged as 'offensive' the other day. I also like Community Notes, although I'm not sure how those are monitored.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:52 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I see both sides. You cant call your self the free speech app and ban people. Anyone. But I do find those reports interesting because my personal anecdotes are very different. I've seen more and better discussion and free speech on X in the past year than ever before. Perhaps it IS just my algorithm.

I worked in a left leaning, major mainstream media outlet for 5-6 years. My current opinion is that there are ZERO 100% trustworthy news outlets right now. Almost every piece or author has a strong agenda. You have to be smart about how you get your "news" these days and be your own reporter. Research non-reported data, understand who prepared those reports, and only believe the news when it is live pictures when it's happening.

So for those things, X is awesome. Its real easy to see things live-time AND know exactly what the camera man/reporter's agenda is. Jack's Twitter was crap. Elon's might not be to your liking, but IMO, its a lot more transparent and open than the previous version.
He’s now suing and threatening to sue reporters. He doesn’t believe in free speech this is all strategic.

The data there’s far more anti semitism in X now. It’s been studied quantitatively. So overall it hasn’t gotten better. But each gets their own experience cultivated the way the company wants to direct you given their model.
As a strong supporter of the People of God, even I will ask, how do you define antisemitism on X?
I'm not sure what you mean by "As a strong supporter of the People of God". Care to explain?

Are you saying that of yourself, or are you simply saying that of me, given what else I've written?

Do you mean Israelites or Christians? Hebrew Bible or New Testament?
The meaning of the phrase is quite different, depending on the intention.

Indeed, some anti-semites even use it sarcastically, pejoratively about Jews.

I certainly don't want to assume your intention, so please explain.

On your question: hate speech.
https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/onli ... mas-attack

Hateful conspiracy theories, Nazism; sure, slurs, calls for violence, all would qualify.

Critique of the Netanyahu government is NOT anti-semitic per se, but calls for the elimination of Israel as a Jewish homeland could be, usually are...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk- ... ual-truth/
My support. Me personally. Israelites. Jews. I can't speak for you.

The problem comes as not all words are not concrete. And there is context. Which does matter. What you find offensive, someone else may not.
A certain poster here used the N word a couple years ago. Swore it was not offensive as he was quoting someone else. And it contaioned much deeper context. And he got lambasted for it here by those who felt any use is offensive. It got debated quite thoroughly. And repeated.
Ramping up the instances of "hate language" at Fanlax. So does that make Fanlax a hateful place?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:23 am

I'm not sure what you mean by "As a strong supporter of the People of God". Care to explain?

Are you saying that of yourself, or are you simply saying that of me, given what else I've written?

Hateful conspiracy theories, Nazism; sure, slurs, calls for violence, all would qualify.

Critique of the Netanyahu government is NOT anti-semitic per se, but calls for the elimination of Israel as a Jewish homeland could be, usually are...

The problem comes as not all words are not concrete. And there is context. Which does matter. What you find offensive, someone else may not.
A certain poster here used the N word a couple years ago. Swore it was not offensive as he was quoting someone else. And it contaioned much deeper context. And he got lambasted for it here by those who felt any use is offensive. It got debated quite thoroughly. And repeated.
Ramping up the instances of "hate language" at Fanlax. So does that make Fanlax a hateful place?
I agree re context. I recall that discussion. I thought the original context and usage was fine, the quote of someone is fine, but I personally choose to abbreviate such as you did above. Even in a quote...there's no need to utilize it in full form here, in this context of a primarily lacrosse discussion site. I don't recall a lot of actual usage of the full word in those discussions, nor expressions of 'hate'.

The "context" of what's happening on Twitter is a grossly outrageous 'hate event...the murders of thousands of civilian Jews simply because they were available to murder. And a big spike in actual anti-semitic violence and intimidation events in the US and around the world...real world violence.

And we're talking flat out Nazism online on Twitter, and people expressing support for violence. And expressing support for gross bigotries about Jews in that context is definitely hate speech.

That's what is factually happening. Could the measurements be picking up other discussion and mislabelling as 'hate'? Possible, but that's easily observed as not the bulk of the spike.

Again, flat out Naziism.

Back to fanlax, we have an active reporting and moderation system that keeps outliers in check. So, "hate" is in check.

Twitter was trying to institute and support its community standards to reduce hate, etc, but Musk removed those resources and efforts. Door is wide open now, and those who wish to express the most hateful of bigotries are free to do so...and Musk himself participates in spreading hate speech.

Problem is that the business model needs advertisers to be comfortable with gaining eyeballs alongside content that is not offensive to their consumers' and employees' values. Twitter previously was aiming for the largest, mainstream advertisers, major consumer brands.

Now, those brands are worried about what content is potentially going to be associated with their brands...doesn't mean that no advertisers will be willing, but a whole lot are quite worried and for good reason.

And thus the huge drop in revenue and business value.

Fox News has managed to have some advertisers stick with their daytime coverage, but not their most contentious night time hosts...pillows and products aimed at elderly folks still support them, though, so it's not as if there isn't still a business model.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:11 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:46 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I see both sides. You cant call your self the free speech app and ban people.
Sure you can. X is doing it. Twitter did it. What's stopping them? Is this the first company to fall short of their advertised claims? Does Coca Cola live up to their "Coke adds life" claim? It's just bluster, for heaven's sake. Does anyone take "Fair and Balanced" seriously?
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm I worked in a left leaning, major mainstream media outlet for 5-6 years. My current opinion is that there are ZERO 100% trustworthy news outlets right now. Almost every piece or author has a strong agenda. You have to be smart about how you get your "news" these days and be your own reporter. Research non-reported data, understand who prepared those reports, and only believe the news when it is live pictures when it's happening.
Come on....it wasn't like that when you were working in media? They didn't make editorial choices as to what to run, and how often? You know better than this.

Your perception of where you worked is just that: your perception as to where it leans. There's no such thing as a left leaning major media outlet. They all want to maintain power, and not rock the boat. Neither to their editors and workers....they want to keep their good jobs and advance.

If US media was left leaning? They'd be running nonstop stories about single payer health care, free Uni, and everything else every other 1st world nation gets, and that's just for starters. They control the narrative to ACTUALLY move our country left. They don't do that....not even close. The newspapers are there to reinforce the status quo, so the 1%ers keep their fat tax breaks and ownership perqs.
aFan, yes, editors were choosing what stories to run (and not run). What headlines to post. What to cover, where to place stories. Editors even re-wrote stories to bury the lede or change the lede entirely. And this was 15+ years ago, in different industry than we have now. One that had more standards. The need for clicks and desire for the gotcha-game rules all, these days.
You can say they havd more standards for fact checking (and syntax and grammar).

But you cannot say that back in your day, the media wasn't slanted, biased.....and the 1%ers that had your editors on speed dial didn't change/kill/finesse stories. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

And like always, the mass media is there to protect the 1%ers and "the system', such as it is. The idea that ANY of these massive multi-national media corporations are filled with bomb throwing leftist hippies is LAUGHABLE on its face. You know that's just utter nonsense.

Again: look at how they treat war, stories on health care, education, etc., regardless of network. They're not advocating changes that every other 1s world nation now enjoys-----strong unions, .gov paid health care & higher ed, etc..

At best, they are advocating that "the Dems are bad", or "the Republicans are bad". This is OCEANS away from being left-leaning. As you say, they're chasing clicks, not chasing radical leftist change to America. If they were ACTUALLY doing that? We would have gotten single payer health care DECADES ago, like everyone else in the free world.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

A good friend of mine I worked with at Coca Cola for 10 years use to tell me this frequently... If memory doesn't fail me he was black. He would often tell me that white folk were more paranoid about the use of the N word than black folk were. He often referred to me as a white n****r. Tommy would tell me this all the time ... white folk who would bloviate to him that some of my best friends are black. I would tell him not a problem with me because I hate black people. He must not have believed me, he still calls all of the time. I guess when I say that one of my best friends in the world today is black actually means that my best friend in the world today is black.

Not for nothing but when you judge a person for the words they speak and ignore what is in their heart. Then you are only judging people by what they say. There was a guy who use to come into my brothers ARCO station before I went into the army in 1979. A full blooded Mohawk Indian named Joe Wygel. We always called him Joe F****ing Wygel because the eff word flowed from his mouth freely. He served in the China/Burma/India theatre. If you didn't know him or understand him you would have only known him and judged him by his rather salty and caustic nature. The man had a heart of gold that most people never understood. He hated Japs and that was never even something you could debate him about. He said something one time in one of our chats that always stuck with me. We use to chide him all of the time about his never ending hatred for the Japs. Many times we would remind him that Joe the war is over. He said this being the guy that he was. If a jap has a flat tire and I'm there I'll change his tire for him.That doesn't mean I'll ever forgive or forget what I saw. My brother use to call him a Mohawk version of Archie Bunker. Joe would have said that he wasn't prejudiced he hated everybody all the same. At the same time he would do anything to help out if you were in a bind. Was he a racist bad guy or a good guy hiding behind a very gruff exterior? I loved and respected him not because how he spoke but because of what he actually would do to help anyone in need. Joe F***ing Wygel was a good man and I was honored to call him my friend. If I had ever told him that he would have told me to go f**k myself with that sparkle in his eye.
Joe F***ing Wygel died of a heart attack while I was in basic training at Ft Benning. I bet he told me a hundred times to go f**k myself. I bet I told him a hundred times to go f**k himself. He was so proud of me when I told him I was joining the 82nd. I think he told me something like don't f**k it up you dumbass chit head. Coming from Joe F***ing Wygel that was the most sincere compliment he could ever give.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:50 am

I agree re context. I recall that discussion. I thought the original context and usage was fine, the quote of someone is fine, but I personally choose to abbreviate such as you did above. Even in a quote...there's no need to utilize it in full form here, in this context of a primarily lacrosse discussion site. I don't recall a lot of actual usage of the full word in those discussions, nor expressions of 'hate'.

The "context" of what's happening on Twitter is a grossly outrageous 'hate event...the murders of thousands of civilian Jews simply because they were available to murder. And a big spike in actual anti-semitic violence and intimidation events in the US and around the world...real world violence.

And we're talking flat out Nazism online on Twitter, and people expressing support for violence. And expressing support for gross bigotries about Jews in that context is definitely hate speech.

That's what is factually happening. Could the measurements be picking up other discussion and mislabelling as 'hate'? Possible, but that's easily observed as not the bulk of the spike.

Again, flat out Naziism.

Back to fanlax, we have an active reporting and moderation system that keeps outliers in check. So, "hate" is in check.

Twitter was trying to institute and support its community standards to reduce hate, etc, but Musk removed those resources and efforts. Door is wide open now, and those who wish to express the most hateful of bigotries are free to do so...and Musk himself participates in spreading hate speech.

Problem is that the business model needs advertisers to be comfortable with gaining eyeballs alongside content that is not offensive to their consumers' and employees' values. Twitter previously was aiming for the largest, mainstream advertisers, major consumer brands.

Now, those brands are worried about what content is potentially going to be associated with their brands...doesn't mean that no advertisers will be willing, but a whole lot are quite worried and for good reason.

And thus the huge drop in revenue and business value.

Fox News has managed to have some advertisers stick with their daytime coverage, but not their most contentious night time hosts...pillows and products aimed at elderly folks still support them, though, so it's not as if there isn't still a business model.
I'm just waiting to see the actual evidence. Show me the methods and the numbers.
Just like my experiences of X being more open to multiple perspectives more than before being strictly anecdotal/who I follow/algorithim, I feel like these are anecdotal too. You can find this garbage, on any platform, if you want to look for it.
Again, how are these things being tracked? People keep repeating that they are unable to confirm how many users there are on twitter but can somehow track the huge spike in Antisemitism? Show me how they do it. I don't doubt there is antisemitism spiking on X, or facebook., or instagram. Look what's happening in the world right now. I just don't buy these arguments being 100% true. Given the nature of the comments around here, the criticism of a spike in antisemitism seems likely related to a more open forum than others, world events, and likely some projection on the part of Musk opponents.
Again, It's out there, but love to see the methodology.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:33 pm I'm just waiting to see the actual evidence. Show me the methods and the numbers.
Some pretty cut and dry data from several sources.

According to data provided by the research company Memetica to The New York Times, in the past month, Elon Musk's platform featured 46,000 posts with the hashtag #HitlerWasRight, compared to an average of less than 5,000 posts per month in previous months (an increase of 820%). Posts with the hashtags #DeathtotheJews or #DeathtoJews appeared 51,000 times in the last month, marking a surge of 2,450%.

https://www.calcalistech.com/ctechnews/ ... /sjlzo87v6
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:44 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:33 pm I'm just waiting to see the actual evidence. Show me the methods and the numbers.

According to data provided by the research company Memetica to The New York Times, in the past month, Elon Musk's platform featured 46,000 posts with the hashtag #HitlerWasRight, compared to an average of less than 5,000 posts per month in previous months (an increase of 820%). Posts with the hashtags #DeathtotheJews or #DeathtoJews appeared 51,000 times in the last month, marking a surge of 2,450%.

https://www.isdglobal.org/digital_dispa ... fter-musk/

The denial of this reality is interesting.

Here's a study of just UK based user anti-semitic hate speech on Twitter.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.117 ... 5120916850

Researchers have been working on hate speech identification methodologies for some time:

https://isca.indiana.edu/publication-re ... Tweets.pdf
https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/twit ... tisemitism

And there's continuing work: https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 23-00219-6

But the reality remains the same, there's been an escalation of actual hate speech.
And just as importantly, little is being done by Twitter to remove it. Not that they were very good pre Musk acquisition, either.

They could, but they're choosing not to put the necessary resources against the problem.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:30 pm

https://www.isdglobal.org/digital_dispa ... fter-musk/

The denial of this reality is interesting.

Here's a study of just UK based user anti-semitic hate speech on Twitter.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.117 ... 5120916850

Researchers have been working on hate speech identification methodologies for some time:

https://isca.indiana.edu/publication-re ... Tweets.pdf
https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/twit ... tisemitism

And there's continuing work: https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 23-00219-6

But the reality remains the same, there's been an escalation of actual hate speech.
And just as importantly, little is being done by Twitter to remove it. Not that they were very good pre Musk acquisition, either.

They could, but they're choosing not to put the necessary resources against the problem.
That evidence doesn’t count. You don’t know the source. It’s probably fabricated by left wing media.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

That's interesting since it's looking at the days surrounding the terrorist attacks and Israel's response.
So it's hashtag based. Which is somewhat accurate for trends. But almost every trending hashtag is used by the "other side." to get attention, and then posts their own propaganda. No matter how sick and twisted. And what are normal levels of antisemitism? My guess is when the whack jobs hear a mainstream social media site wiht the reach of X advertises that it is downgrading its moderation, the hate groups will come running.

So many here are of the thought that social media should be moderated?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:38 pm

That's interesting since it's looking at the days surrounding the terrorist attacks and Israel's response.
So it's hashtag based. Which is somewhat accurate for trends. But almost every trending hashtag is used by the "other side." to get attention, and then posts their own propaganda. No matter how sick and twisted. And what are normal levels of antisemitism? My guess is when the whack jobs hear a mainstream social media site wiht the reach of X advertises that it is downgrading its moderation, the hate groups will come running.

Reading your post reminds me of a commercial showing frequently on our local TV. It says that anti semitism in our area is up 388% I just don't understand how anyone can calculate the rise in anti semitism to exactly 388% Hell the increase in anti semitism might only be 371% all of this exaggerating going on. :D FTR.......sarcasm
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:38 pm That's interesting since it's looking at the days surrounding the terrorist attacks and Israel's response.
Yep. That's the tradeoff. Suddenly, folks understand why these platforms moderate: it's about MONEY, not ideas.
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:38 pm So many here are of the thought that social media should be moderated?
:lol: That's YOUR party my man, remember? Your crew has demanded the Congress step in, because they're convinced Libs own the media.

No such complaints when they thought their team was in charge of media, naturally. Do as I say, not as I do.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:38 pm

Yes. As are 'letters to the editor', based on standards that are published. Most such offer up views that don't match the editorial just fine.

Indeed that's what most of the sites claim they do; but want to do 4Chan instead, go for it.

Kinda like our regular threads here versus Hamsterdam. Most users want some moderation, some rules.

The challenge for the companies, they claim, is the sheer volume of posts and the anonymity issue. Both are largely solvable first through technology to identify speech that violates the standards, this can be super sophisticated AI and/or it can be fellow community member flag based (like what we do here on Fanlax). I think a combination of the two might be most effective. And then staff to review, further improving the AI.

Violation of content rules should have an escalating penalty, first elimination of the content, second a loss of privileges, then a permanent loss.

The anonymity issue is also largely solvable, with some simple rules on establishing verified identity, and tracking and eliminating false identities...the false identity thing is a serious problem for all sorts of other reasons as well, especially fraud. AI will be hugely valuable to this effort too.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:14 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:40 pm

Massive statistical spike in the first two and quite direct often. Note the second one is abhorrent and it’s absolutely gone up since he took over. It’s not debatable or something you can parse and chip away at he let those cats back in no problem then started cultivating and cursing around anything having to do with him. It’s just a fact.
I'm not debating, just asking.
I noticed "covers" and warnings for posts that were flagged as 'offensive' the other day. I also like Community Notes, although I'm not sure how those are monitored.
Well every time I provide information someone cries that I give too much or too dense material but it’s super easy to google and just a fact. So I answered definitively no need to continue down that path.

We factually and incontrovertibly know two things here that don’t need to be questioned again and can be embedded in any further discussion on the topic:

1. Twitter is worse with respect to antisemitism and direct calls for violence under Musk. In less than TWO years of ownership he opened that up.
2. Musk absolutely has banned and curated and managed Twitter to his liking and completely defied the things he’s said publicly on this that is commonly espoused here by supporters. He didn’t follow through and is doing everything he claimed he wouldn’t.

These items keep getting challenged questioned at presented but it’s simple fact and can be moved on form in discussions of musk and Twitter.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:40 pm Musk's problem with his employee's free speech. He is such a cry baby POS.
He’s kinda getting desperate. That arm twisting BS to have other Tesla shareholders cover his losses and mistakes w Twitter by demanding and threatening to leave if he isn’t handed over $60Bn of new (dilutive) common equity. Demanding and threatening now that the easy money spigots are off. I can’t stress this enough: a liquidity problem can rapidly turn into a solvency one and Musk is so levered and illiquid it’s as if his net worth is really a small fraction of what’s reported. Still a big amount but not enough for his way of life.

Banks are out on him. Many institutional investors are now migrating out. The govt isn’t cool with him. For all the embedded loses and capital for R&D he needs outside money to float him and hes probably praying he can milk the knuckleheads who give help Alex Jones make money. I think there should be real consideration to the idea that he may tip the scales at X to benefit the folks he’s most likely to get cheddar out of.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:49 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:40 pm Musk's problem with his employee's free speech. He is such a cry baby POS.
He’s kinda getting desperate. That arm twisting BS to have other Tesla shareholders cover his losses and mistakes w Twitter by demanding and threatening to leave if he isn’t handed over $60Bn of new (dilutive) common equity. Demanding and threatening now that the easy money spigots are off. I can’t stress this enough: a liquidity problem can rapidly turn into a solvency one and Musk is so levered and illiquid it’s as if his net worth is really a small fraction of what’s reported. Still a big amount but not enough for his way of life.

Banks are out on him. Many institutional investors are now migrating out. The govt isn’t cool with him. For all the embedded loses and capital for R&D he needs outside money to float him and hes probably praying he can milk the knuckleheads who give help Alex Jones make money. I think there should be real consideration to the idea that he may tip the scales at X to benefit the folks he’s most likely to get cheddar out of.
... as I said a page up, the only talent Musk really seems to have these days is seif-destructiveness. Yup, he would love to have Trump's cult.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Something to be said for stopping the BS and being your true, authentic self. Now, what that something is, well...

"Tesla removed language about minority workers and supporting employee resource groups after CEO Elon Musk’s recent comments criticizing diversity initiatives.

In its latest 10-K filing released early Monday, Tesla omitted a line from a year ago that read: “With a majority-minority workforce, empowering our employee resource groups to take charge in driving initiatives that attract, develop and retain our passionate workforce is vital to our continued success.”

Musk has repeatedly denounced diversity, equity and inclusion efforts in recent weeks on social media, calling them “literally the definition of racism.” In another post on X, the social network he owns, Musk said “DEI must DIE,” referring to the acronym for diversity policies."

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/t ... dei-rants/
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:03 pm Something to be said for stopping the BS and being your true, authentic self. Now, what that something is, well...

"Tesla removed language about minority workers and supporting employee resource groups after CEO Elon Musk’s recent comments criticizing diversity initiatives.

In its latest 10-K filing released early Monday, Tesla omitted a line from a year ago that read: “With a majority-minority workforce, empowering our employee resource groups to take charge in driving initiatives that attract, develop and retain our passionate workforce is vital to our continued success.”

Musk has repeatedly denounced diversity, equity and inclusion efforts in recent weeks on social media, calling them “literally the definition of racism.” In another post on X, the social network he owns, Musk said “DEI must DIE,” referring to the acronym for diversity policies."

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/t ... dei-rants/
I sold my stock 2 weeks ago. I can’t invest my money in a company run by him. I have no confidence in him.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”