Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Elon Musk (yet another authoritarian)

Post by jhu72 »

Karma is catching up to Musk. Court voids Musk's Tesla pay package. It was not arrived at in a fashion acceptable under Delaware Corp law. It was not arrived at in negotiation with an "independent party (BOD)". Musk then, true to form, takes to "X" to do his whining. :lol:

In other news he is being sued again by an employee for retaliation when the employee exercises free speech. NLRB is looking into it as well.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
tech37

Post by tech37 »

E164 More of... some guys on the internet... dumb sh!ts :mrgreen:

https://twitter.com/theallinpod

Put this here since good portion deals with Elon Musk
Last edited by tech37 on Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:32 am E164 More of... some guys on the internet... dumb sh!ts :mrgreen:

I see the hero worshiping gene is strong in you, young Luke.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

tech37 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:32 am E164 More of... some guys on the internet... dumb sh!ts :mrgreen:

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Pretty interesting discussion of the compensation plan and the decision to overturn/rescind it. I am constrained to say that these guys seem like Musk fans. I am not sure their recitals of some of the facts are accurate, or at least it seems like they collide a bit with the Judge's findings.

Here is the decision:

https://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Do ... ?id=359340

Her findings in relation to the Board's lack of independence/impartiality and the overall process are pretty interesting. She concludes that the process was collaborative, rather than one in which Musk was challenged as an adverse party: "The Compensation Committee and Musk were not on different sides."

No idea what the Delaware Supreme Court will do with this. But the decision, based on the Delaware "entire fairness" standard is not really outlandish or crazy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:38 am

Pretty interesting discussion of the compensation plan and the decision to overturn/rescind it. I am constrained to say that these guys seem like Musk fans. I am not sure their recitals of some of the facts are accurate, or at least it seems like they collide a bit with the Judge's findings.

Here is the decision:

Her findings in relation to the Board's lack of independence/impartiality and the overall process are pretty interesting. She concludes that the process was collaborative, rather than one in which Musk was challenged as an adverse party: "The Compensation Committee and Musk were not on different sides."

No idea what the Delaware Supreme Court will do with this. But the decision, based on the Delaware "entire fairness" standard is not really outlandish or crazy.
He stacked that board and hijacked control. I wouldn’t provide D&O insurance to a board over Musk ever. There’s no premium that can cover that catastrophic risk.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:54 pm

Here is the decision:

He stacked that board and hijacked control. I wouldn’t provide D&O insurance to a board over Musk ever. There’s no premium that can cover that catastrophic risk.
We have a peasant fighting for him to get paid.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:30 pm

Here is the decision:

he is the master of puppets.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:22 pm

Here is the decision:

I have no faith in him. I got out of the stock.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:25 pm

Here is the decision:

I look at him as high beta levered bet on government transfers in his direction. When it doesn’t go right look out.
See Martin, Malcolm
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:25 pm

Here is the decision:

I look at him as high beta levered bet on government transfers in his direction. When it doesn’t go right look out.
Yep. I did well with it but got out a few weeks ago.

https://finbox.com/NASDAQGS:TSLA/explor ... %2B84.5%25).
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Full body of story, other than headline?
Typical Lax Dad

Board members at Elon Musk’s electric-car maker, Tesla, were facing a dilemma.

One longtime director, the venture capitalist Steve Jurvetson, had left his firm after an internal investigation found he had slept with multiple women in the tech industry and used illegal drugs.

Some of the details had been splashed across the press in 2017, and Tesla directors informally discussed how they should handle it, according to people familiar with the situation. Some urged him to resign.

Luckily, Jurvetson, even though the company designated him an independent director, had a good friend with whom he had deep financial ties and also attended parties with, using ecstasy and LSD: Musk.

Musk pushed directors in private conversations to allow Jurvetson to take an unusual leave of absence from the board of the public company, and then step down on his own accord in 2020, the people said. Jurvetson remains a director at Musk’s privately held rocket company, SpaceX.

“The answer was do nothing and see what happens,” said another former independent Tesla director and good friend of Musk’s, Antonio Gracias, in a 2021 court deposition, when asked how the board handled the Jurvetson situation. Gracias and his venture-capital firm held investments recently valued at about $1.5 billion in Musk companies.

Multiple other directors of Musk companies have deep personal and financial ties to the billionaire entrepreneur, and have profited enormously from the relationship. The connections are an extreme blurring of friendship and fortune and raise questions among some shareholders about the independence of the board members charged with overseeing the chief executive. Such conflicts could run afoul of the loose rules governing what qualifies as independence at publicly traded companies.

On Tuesday, a Delaware judge struck down Musk’s multibillion-dollar pay package at Tesla, saying board members who signed off on it in 2018 were beholden to Musk.

Several current or former directors at Tesla and SpaceX attend parties with him, go on exotic vacations and hang out at Burning Man, the Nevada arts and music festival.

Musk and these directors, including venture capitalists Gracias and Ira Ehrenpreis, tech mogul Larry Ellison, former media executive James Murdoch, as well as Musk’s brother, Kimbal Musk, have invested tens of millions of dollars in each other’s companies—Ellison held billions of dollars in Tesla shares with about a 1.5% holding in 2022. Some also received career support and help from Elon Musk.

Most members of Tesla’s current eight-person board have amassed shares worth hundreds of millions of dollars from their seats over the years, significantly more than what board members at other companies make for their service.

Tesla pays its directors mostly in stock options, and the current board, not including Musk himself, collectively has made more than $650 million selling shares from those options. They hold additional options valued at nearly $1 billion. Some directors agreed to return a portion of that compensation to Tesla to resolve a shareholder lawsuit about their compensation while denying any wrongdoing. A judge has yet to approve the settlement.

Some current and former Tesla and SpaceX directors have knowledge of Musk’s illegal drug use but haven’t taken public action, according to people who have witnessed the drug use or were briefed on it.

The Wall Street Journal reported in January that Musk has used drugs including cocaine, ecstasy, LSD and magic mushrooms, and that leaders at Tesla and SpaceX were concerned about it, particularly his recreational use of ketamine, for which Musk has said he has a prescription. The illegal drugs violate strict antidrug policies at Musk’s companies and could put SpaceX’s federal contracts and Musk’s security clearance at risk.

At the upscale Austin Proper Hotel, Musk has attended social gatherings in recent years with Tesla board member Joe Gebbia, the Airbnb co-founder and a friend of his, where Musk took ketamine recreationally through a nasal spray bottle multiple times, according to people familiar with the drug use and the parties.

Other directors, Gracias, Jurvetson and Kimbal Musk, have consumed drugs with him, according to people who have witnessed the drug use and others with knowledge of it.

Musk and some people close to him, including Kimbal Musk, attend parties at Hotel El Ganzo, a boutique hotel in San José del Cabo, Mexico, known for its art and music scene as well as drug-fueled events, according to people familiar with the parties.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I'm surprised Musk Rat hasn't offered Hunter a job yet. It seems that Hunter checks all of the boxes in what he is looking for in an employee. Of course if he hires Hunter he has hired Joe as well. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I guess if one keeps repeating the same unsupportable statements they eventually come to believe the delusions.
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Regardless of whether that's fake, I wonder if the government and most businesses have hired based on race and gender to benefit white guys like us for the past like 200-400+ years in America and previously the colonies. South Africa? Bueller?

And is it still actively happening? Bueller? Bueller?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... it's bullsh!t. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”