The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:21 am
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:24 pm He already told us what this means when we were discussing Bud Light and Drag Queens reading to kids.

How it works is: If Tech or a straight guy gets a job with Bud Light, or reads a book to kids in a Public....that normal, and just a guy working at Bud Light, or a guy working at a library.

But if a Trans person gets a job with Bud, or reads a book in a Library? Oh, that's "activism". "Cramming their values down America's throat".
I've been away for a while but I see you're still distorting what people think/say. Sad...

Speaking of activists, this popped up on twitter just this morning. Actual news... putting it out there just for you a fan: :mrgreen:

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status ... 6514825630
Obviously a terrible crime if true.
She became an activist for protection after she was the victim of a hate crime, group assault and home invasion.
https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/ne ... with-rape/

Being trans does not eliminate criminal behavior, right?
Being trans does not increase the chance of being a rapist or pedophile...surely you're not suggesting that it does, right?

Do you agree that the reactions on your Twitter feed are grossly bigoted?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:37 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:30 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:13 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:44 pm tech, why would you not just say, 'yes, those are gross, stupid, hateful and bigoted comments. A real troll" and then add, "Don't spread the filth, it just helps the trolls" if that's your actual point?
It's quite simple actually. Nattyboo said "these people are insane" and I would agree, most crap on social media platforms could be labeled just that. My point... why repost it then? Perfect example of, "just putting it out there."

Sorry I didn't use your preferred adjectives, "gross, stupid, hateful and bigoted comments." :roll:

I did call the troll post "nonsense." Obviously Tiger Woods daughter is a lovely young woman and the claim is baseless and/or "insane" if you're really triggered. And IMO, who cares if she in fact, turned out to be, he?
Thanks. Direct answers.

If you mean that the hateful, bigoted comments about Sam are "nonsense" as in stupidly wrong, all good with me.

I disagree that shining light on bigotry is 'spreading it' or "just putting it out there". Quite the opposite, it is challenging that bigotry, making clear that it really exists.

Our forum does not have an algorithm that automatically rewards posts and spreads them preferentially based on the number of responses to it. So, a response is just about the discussion of the issue of the bigotry.

Many people who may not themselves participate in bigoted statements and actions, at least not consciously, prefer to think it doesn't exist at all, doesn't effect the subjects of bigotry at all. Heads in the sand, they are actually enabling the bigotry by not recognizing and confronting it. Whether on social media on in their real world social interactions.

On this forum, we have people who participate in these sorts of bigotry, but primarily have those who put their heads in the sand and those who do not. This specific thread is a discussion about the topic. No one is forced to read it or participate, it doesn't show up in people's personal feeds unless they directly engage and they are notified that someone has responded to them directly.

However, this topic has real world consequences and is a significant part of election campaigns and governmental decisions at local, state and federal jurisdictions.

We have candidates claiming that the "woke agenda" is destroying America and supporters who cheer them, and turn their bigoted gaze at targets they find vulnerable with increased and emboldened fervor. Real world impacts.

And we have forum participants who support this "nonsense".
You typed past my edit: "Perhaps Natty was just virtue signaling and feels better now?"
Yup, it's that kind of dismissiveness that you display that I'm saying is also enabling of such bigotry.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:39 am
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:24 pm He already told us what this means when we were discussing Bud Light and Drag Queens reading to kids.

How it works is: If Tech or a straight guy gets a job with Bud Light, or reads a book to kids in a Public....that normal, and just a guy working at Bud Light, or a guy working at a library.

But if a Trans person gets a job with Bud, or reads a book in a Library? Oh, that's "activism". "Cramming their values down America's throat".
I've been away for a while but I see you're still distorting what people think/say. Sad...

Speaking of activists, this popped up on twitter just this morning. Actual news... putting it out there just for you a fan: :mrgreen:

She became an activist for protection after she was the victim of a hate crime, group assault and home invasion.

Yep... alleged rape crimes AND alleged hate crime claim.

Being trans does not increase the chance of being a rapist or pedophile...surely you're not suggesting that it does, right?

The point was "activism."

Sure can be. I follow a wide range of people/topics. As I've explained to you in past, you need to be discerning.
Last edited by tech37 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:13 am You typed past my edit: "Perhaps Natty was just virtue signaling and feels better now?"
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:30 amYup, it's that kind of dismissiveness that you display that I'm saying is also enabling of such bigotry.
Ha...whatever, couldn't possibly be any truth to my post.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:46 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:39 am

Yep... alleged rape crimes AND alleged hate crime claim.

The point was "activism."

Sure can be. I follow a wide range of people/topics. As I've explained to you in past, you need to be discerning.
Incorrect. The hate crime, plus aggravated assault and conspiracy, was proven in court, criminal serving time.

I was referring specifically to the Twitter feed/thread you linked. The specific reactions to the story about this specific arrest. Are those reactions full of bigotry? Unrelated to the actual alleged crime? I say absolutely. Disgusting reactions. The alleged crime is awful, but that doesn't justify the bigotry.

The "activism" a fan was referring to was: "But if a Trans person gets a job with Bud, or reads a book in a Library? Oh, that's "activism". "Cramming their values down America's throat".

This person was indeed an activist for protection against bigoted violence. After being the victim of a hate crime. Not an alleged victim.

(For clarity, no such is justification in the slightest for the alleged crime).

Note, I challenged a fan that I think those reading in a library are choosing a rather soft, benign form of 'activism' simply by being public about their desire to do helpful acts within their community. They wish to be noticed doing so. They want community acceptance of them as nice, normal people. But that's a form of activism. The influencer chooses to be a social media influencer, not really an "activist", just an influencer with a specific point of view and personality.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:54 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:13 am You typed past my edit: "Perhaps Natty was just virtue signaling and feels better now?"
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:30 amYup, it's that kind of dismissiveness that you display that I'm saying is also enabling of such bigotry.
Ha...whatever, couldn't possibly be any truth to my post.
That he feels better?

You have a problem with people expressing their support for people who are the butt of bigotry?

That's just "virtue signaling"???
It's interesting that some people find "virtue" to be so uncomfortable they have to label it pejoratively.

What's happening psychologically with those who attack "virtue signaling". What makes them so uneasy, resentful, angry?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

BTW, tech, if we broaden from what I was specifically referring to in the reactions to the specific story, to the quality of your overall feed, I'd note that this particular story didn't show up in any of my feeds...

do you live in Philly or suburbs? If it had been in the Baltimore area it might have shown up in mine as a local story, but as I don't react to, seek out, follow, engage with anti-trans posts on algorithm driven social media, it's not likely to have shown up from elsewhere. I also don't signal to the algorithms any support for other far right shibboleths or candidates or social media influencers. Nor far left wing such.

But it showed up in yours.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Nope. We discussed this before, and you gave direct answers. You've simply forgotten..not my fault.

And you're still practicing hypocrisy......giving your fellow posters grief for posting stuff they pull on the internet....

And yet here you are, citing "libsoftiktok", lending a voice to these same trolls....

Self awareness is not your toolbox. Only YOU get to cite the troll sites...that's what you're telling us?
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:45 am Speaking of activists, this popped up on twitter just this morning. Actual news... putting it out there just for you a fan: :mrgreen:

Oh no! The trans are comin' to git ya, Tech! You should pass some laws banning them!! ;)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:16 pm

Nope. We discussed this before, and you gave direct answers. You've simply forgotten..not my fault.

And you're still practicing hypocrisy......giving your fellow posters grief for posting stuff they pull on the internet....

And yet here you are, citing "libsoftiktok", lending a voice to these same trolls....

Self awareness is not your toolbox. Only YOU get to cite the troll sites...that's what you're telling us?
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:45 am Speaking of activists, this popped up on twitter just this morning. Actual news... putting it out there just for you a fan: :mrgreen:

Oh no! The trans are comin' to git ya, Tech! You should pass some laws banning them!! ;)
Ha... nice try! If you hadn't chimed in, I never would have given that Philly activist story more than a glance let alone post it. Perhaps you missed the little green guy emoji that = mocking sarcasm?

"Self-awareness"? "Hypocricy"? Nice try again. You of all people lecturing anyone regarding "giving your fellow posters grief" is flat out hilarious.
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:31 am

Ha... nice try! If you hadn't chimed in, I never would have given that Philly activist story more than a glance let alone post it. Perhaps you missed the little green guy emoji that = mocking sarcasm?

Self-awareness? Nice try again. You of all people lecturing anyone regarding "giving your fellow posters grief" is flat out hilarious.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

"Self-awareness"? "Hypocricy"? Nice try again. You of all people lecturing anyone regarding "giving your fellow posters grief" is flat out hilarious.
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's right. Keep on with your games and double down.

We get the message: you get to post from troll sites like libsoftiktok, and it's cool. But if anyone else does? You're gonna come on and make fun of them for falling for the troll, and distributing the hate...all while pretending you don't agree with the hate.

The trans people attack you and your family yet? Libsoftiktok sez they're coming to git ya! Look out!!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... as-gender/

"Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) tried to compel a Seattle hospital to hand over information about gender-affirming treatment Texas youths may have received across state lines, according to court filings, signaling an escalation of his office’s attempts to crack down on Texans’ ability to access such health care.

The Seattle Children’s Hospital requested a Texas judge nullify, or at least rein in, Paxton’s demands, arguing that his office lacks the jurisdiction over the Washington state hospital. In filings this month, the hospital said Paxton’s queries — made under the guise of an investigation by the AG’s consumer protection division — were “sham requests.”

Paxton’s office did not respond to request for comment about the hospital’s filing Thursday.

A spokesperson for Seattle Children’s Hospital declined to comment on the specifics of its legal action. In a statement, the spokesperson said the hospital complies with the law for all heath-care services and “took legal action to protect private patient information related to gender-affirming care services at our organization sought by the Texas Attorney General.”

Conservative lawmakers have driven efforts in recent years to criminalize gender-affirming care with laws similar to ones that restrict abortion access by creating legal liability for health-care providers and the in-state portion of people’s travel for out-of-state care.

Paxton has been at the vanguard of such efforts. Last year, his office investigated clinics in Austin, Dallas and Houston for providing gender-affirming care, leading them to close or stop offering the services. Paxton’s office also requested records from the Texas Department of Public Safety for those who had changed their sex on their driver’s licenses.

Paxton’s legal battle with Seattle Children’s Hospital marks a rare instance of conservative officials reaching the state’s long arm beyond their own borders.

Officials and doctors with Seattle Children’s Hospital signed affidavits saying the hospital has virtually no ties to the state of Texas: The hospital is not incorporated in Texas, does not have bank accounts or property in the state, does not advertise youth gender-affirming care in Texas and does not have physicians or health staffers who provide care in Texas.

The hospital’s legal filing further argues the information the Texas attorney general requested was for private medical records and health information covered under HIPAA and Washington state privacy laws.

Among the requests by Paxton’s office were documents for how many Texas children the hospital treated for gender dysphoria, the number of “gender reassignment” surgeries performed and specific medications hospital employees had prescribed to children from Texas.

“The demands are an unconstitutional attempt to investigate and chill potential travel by Texas residents to obtain healthcare in another state,” attorneys for the hospital wrote.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton delivers remarks at his office in Austin on May 26. (Eric Gay/AP)
For families like Lisa Stanton’s, the hostile climate fostered by Texas’s anti-LGBTQ+ policies became overwhelming. Last summer, Stanton and her family moved to Colorado from Texas because of the state’s treatment of transgender children. On Thursday, her phone was “blowing up” with messages about the Seattle lawsuit.

“My moms group, we were all discussing it,” said Stanton, who has a 12-year-old transgender daughter.

Other state attorneys general have requested similar records, but they have focused their requests on hospitals within their own states. Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville confirmed in June that it had turned over the medical records of transgender patients as part of a probe by the Tennessee attorney general’s office.

“We would hope most hospitals would respond as Seattle is, but what happened at Vanderbilt was shocking,” said Stanton, who noted that the Vanderbilt hospital now faces a lawsuit for releasing patient records.

Stanton predicted some families in states such as Texas who hadn’t previously considered moving will flee the state as the fear and risks of staying grow so strong that they outweigh the loss of leaving home.

At that thought, Stanton started to cry.

“It is a loss. It’s hard to be away from your friends, your community, all the people you care about,” she said. But in Texas, they were not safe anymore. “When very bad people have your information, you have to get out.”

If the courts rule in Paxton’s favor, it could give “a powerful tool to any other hostile state” wishing to similarly burden providers of gender-affirming care anywhere in the country, said David B. Cruz, a constitutional law professor at the University of Southern California.

“It does seem like this action by the attorney general is trying to push the state of Texas’s efforts further to restrict gender-affirming care and reduce or limit the ability of medical professionals to treat these people who need it,” Cruz said.

Ian Pittman, an Austin-based attorney representing families with transgender children, including some who sued Paxton and the state for using Child Protective Services to investigate them, said Texas’s SB14 law, which restricts gender-affirming care for youths, does not bar families from seeking the care out of state. If courts grant Paxton access to transgender Texas youths’ out-of-state medical records, he said, that may not matter.

Pittman likened the attacks on the LGBTQ+ community by the Texas GOP to attacks on reproductive and voting rights in recent years.

“They think that by harassing families like this, and generally making the state inhospitable, that two things will happen: People who are impacted will be more likely to move out of the state, and people who are not impacted but whose ideology is aligned with this will be more likely to move to the state,” Pittman said. “... It’s all connected and an attempt to maintain power.”

Beyond contesting Paxton’s jurisdiction over the matter, Seattle Children’s Hospital argued in its filing that it is protected under the state’s recently enacted Shield Law.

The law, crafted in response to the Dobbs ruling that eliminated federal protections related to abortion access, protects providers of abortion and gender-affirming treatment and their patients. Under the law, Washington courts and law enforcement may not aid, enforce subpoenas and investigations by or make arrests at the request of outside states seeking to prosecute treatment that they ban but that is legal in Washington.

Washington state Sen. Drew Hansen (D), who sponsored the Shield Law, said the legislature crafted the measure specifically to protect people in Washington from “aggressive overreach from states like Texas.”

“They say, ‘Don’t mess with Texas.’ But also don’t mess with Washington state,” Hansen said. “We make our own laws here. Other states don’t get to harass people here because of legal choices they made.”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

Wait: i thought the nutjobs in the Republican party made the gays and the Drag Queens "go away", jhu72?

Does this mean they're still here?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:34 pm
Wait: i thought the nutjobs in the Republican party made the gays and the Drag Queens "go away", jhu72?

Does this mean they're still here?
... afraid so. This is just the beginning. Decent people pushing back.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:01 pm Lakewood Church Shooter: https://twitter.com/search?q=lakewood&src=typed_query
Quite the bingo card for this shooter. :oops:
Will be interested to hear how someone with a lengthy criminal record, previous confiscations of weapons and documented psychological issues was in still possession of a long gun
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:01 pm Lakewood Church Shooter: https://twitter.com/search?q=lakewood&src=typed_query
Quite the bingo card for this shooter. :oops:
Will be interested to hear how someone with a lengthy criminal record, previous confiscations of weapons and documented psychological issues was in still possession of a long gun
Well, well Mr. Kismet-Missing-the-Point-Again. Let's focus on the trans/immigrant status here and not get shirty about one of America's great manufacturing industries.

Return to “POLITICS”