OuttaNowhereWregget--Redux

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: OuttaNowhereWregget—Thoughts, ponderings, musings and such

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:33 pm This thread is just over 20 hours old and it has over 600 views...
Cool gif, Matnum 👍

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:57 pm Please tell me this isn’t just about clicks.
It is not. But, for someone who is so "unpopular", he seems kind of popular. :) Truth be told, it's like Howard Stern said in the 90s, half his audience loves him and listens to the show because they want to hear what he's going to say next. The other half the audience hates him and they listen because they want to hear what he's going to say next.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:57 pm Please tell me this isn’t just about clicks.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:00 pm
It is not. But, for someone who is so "unpopular", he seems kind of popular. :) Truth be told, it's like Howard Stern said in the 90s, half his audience loves him and listens to the show because they want to hear what he's going to say next. The other half the audience hates him and they listen because they want to hear what he's going to say next.
Stern reference!

njbill

Post by njbill »

If your conclusion is that the number of clicks equates to popularity, you are out of touch with the overwhelming sentiment of this board. I suspect you know that and are just being puckish.

On the other hand, people look at car crashes as well. Doesn’t mean they are popular.
OuttaNowhereWregget

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:11 pm If your conclusion is that the number of clicks equates to popularity, you are out of touch with the overwhelming sentiment of this board. I suspect you know that and are just being puckish.

On the other hand, people look at car crashes as well. Doesn’t mean they are popular.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:11 pm
If your conclusion is that the number of clicks equates to popularity, you are out of touch with the overwhelming sentiment of this board. I suspect you know that and are just being puckish.

Never mind, that each time he views/refreshes his own thread it registers as a "view".
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
OuttaNowhereWregget

What’s the title of that classic novel again—Far from the Bullying Crowd I think it was?

Great read.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

@inthe8m wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:18 pm Never mind, that each time he views/refreshes his own thread it registers as a "view".
Not true. 1 view per Registered User per day.
Caddy Day
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:38 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:18 pm Never mind, that each time he views/refreshes his own thread it registers as a "view".
Huh? If I view a thread in the morning, then come back to see the 25 new posts in the evening, I am only viewing the thread once? I would think what you are saying would be true if nothing new was posted.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:05 pm ...If I view a thread in the morning, then come back to see the 25 new posts in the evening, I am only viewing the thread once?...
Correct. That's how it's programmed.
Caddy Day
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:30 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:05 pm ...If I view a thread in the morning, then come back to see the 25 new posts in the evening, I am only viewing the thread once?...
So the multiple times the google bots (and others) visit the site, are those counted as one visit? Or are they randomized, so each one counts as a separate view?
mdlaxfan

Post by mdlaxfan »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:30 pm
Interesting, you might want to check it again. I did a test on a thread that hasn't had much activity and each time I clicked on it, went back to the main menu and clicked on it again, it counted as a view. I did this 5 times in a row and the number of views increased by 5.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:33 pm So the multiple times the google bots (and others) visit the site, are those counted as one visit? Or are they randomized, so each one counts as a separate view?
Google Bot is 1. MSN is 1. etc. But not that many search engine crawlers scan our forum.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

mdlaxfan wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:37 pm ...you might want to check it again...
I think you're right. phpBB3 must've changed their coding. This was not the case relatively recently. Thank you, MD.
Caddy Day
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:38 pm
Are there even 770 unique registered users that access the WLax forum? I find that hard to believe. Even if it's over 2 days are there 335 users that access this forum a day? That would be pretty shocking based on the small number of posters and the fact at any given time there are a max of 5 or 6 logged in users.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

hmmm wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:26 pm Are there even 770 unique registered users that access the WLax forum?...
See above and... Most of our visitors are not registered.
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Tribute to admin with a slight variation on the lyrics:

“You don’t tug on Superman’s cape;
You don’t spit into the wind;
You don’t pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger;
And you don’t mess with the admin.”

OuttaNowhereWregget

Origination

It was a great idea. Tip of the cap, hmmm.
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:23 pm
hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:13 pm And can he have his own thread where he can post back to back all he wants and people can choose to view the thread or not?
Correct. Anyone can.
That's reasonable. And done.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”