Excessive Posts

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
Dr. Tact

Re: Excessive Posts

Post by Dr. Tact »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:56 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:42 pm Could this topic be in the Women's lacrosse board? It would still be "excessive posts" or "ONW Tidbits"...but it isnt buried.
Moved. When this thread is played out, I'll most likely move it back to FanLax Feedback Forum.
Thanks!
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Not sure why admin fails to acknowledge that there is no problem, ever, on this board except for the problems a single poster creates, repeatedly.

Yet, Admin encourages the behavior ad nauseum.

I'm guessing because you are more interested in the sheer number of posts, instead of actual quality women's lax discussions. Is there some monetary value in number of posts vs quality of posts?

I challenge admin, or anyone else, to find among the 1 million posts of a certain poster anything truly about wlax lax. Literally every single post is about someone choking, someone flopping, gushing about BC or CN, or reposting of social media or sheer trolling.

Not one meaningful post ever.

So keep encouraging the meaningless posts and punish those who point it out.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

8meterPA wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:20 pm Not sure why admin fails to acknowledge that there is no problem, ever, on this board except for the problems a single poster creates, repeatedly.

Yet, Admin encourages the behavior ad nauseum.

I'm guessing because you are more interested in the sheer number of posts, instead of actual quality women's lax discussions. Is there some monetary value in number of posts vs quality of posts?

I challenge admin, or anyone else, to find among the 1 million posts of a certain poster anything truly about wlax lax. Literally every single post is about someone choking, someone flopping, gushing about BC or CN, or reposting of social media or sheer trolling.

Not one meaningful post ever.

So keep encouraging the meaningless posts and punish those who point it out.
Thank you for putting it so well, and strongly.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Admin is a referee, he administers the rules. If he didn't recognize an issue, he wouldn't have created this thread to set (new) rules. So... Make suggestions. I made a couple...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
@inthe8m

Re: Excessive Posting

Post by @inthe8m »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:55 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:53 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:47 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:26 pm For example, as suggested by a post-er within the D1 Women's Forum, a thread could be created for post-ers to post and post and post whilst the rest of the threads within a forum will be posted within more sparingly. For example, a post-er will be barred from posting twice in a row. i.e. If the posts aren't a discussion, the post would be defined as excessive. Something like this.
I like this, although I think I just posted twice in a row :oops:
But, you were responding to two different posts.

I think the discussion about not posting twice in a row was to avoid inane drivel of a poster who is obviously just talking to themselves - like below.

Screenshot 2022-06-14 130543.jpg
I was using sarcastica font :D
Apologies. I was reading on my phone while outside and there was a lot of glare from the sun.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:29 pm Admin is a referee, he administers the rules. If he didn't recognize an issue, he wouldn't have created this thread to set (new) rules. So... Make suggestions. I made a couple...
I made one. I was serious. Provide him with an omnibus thread where he can deliver his Dollar Store contributions and flea market offerings.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:34 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:29 pm Admin is a referee, he administers the rules. If he didn't recognize an issue, he wouldn't have created this thread to set (new) rules. So... Make suggestions. I made a couple...
I made one. I was serious. Provide him with an omnibus thread where he can deliver his Dollar Store contributions and flea market offerings.
I made the same suggestion. ONW's Steam of Consciousness thread. Pin it to the top of the forum for all I care. Problem is we all know he won't post there and will continue doing what he does because there are no repercussions for polluting threads with nonsense, only for calling him on it.
hmmm

Re: Excessive Posting

Post by hmmm »

@inthe8m wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:53 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:47 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:26 pm For example, as suggested by a post-er within the D1 Women's Forum, a thread could be created for post-ers to post and post and post whilst the rest of the threads within a forum will be posted within more sparingly. For example, a post-er will be barred from posting twice in a row. i.e. If the posts aren't a discussion, the post would be defined as excessive. Something like this.
I like this, although I think I just posted twice in a row :oops:
But, you were responding to two different posts.

I think the discussion about not posting twice in a row was to avoid inane drivel of a poster who is obviously just talking to themselves - like below.

Screenshot 2022-06-14 130543.jpg
My favorites are the threads he started under one name(Cletus) and has been the last to post in under another name(ONW)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:34 pm I made one. I was serious. Provide him with an omnibus thread where he can deliver his Dollar Store contributions and flea market offerings.
Post limits for threads except for specific threads that are explicitly dedicated to being limitless. Sounds like a good idea to me...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:37 pm ...Problem is we all know he won't post there and will continue doing what he does because there are no repercussions for polluting threads with nonsense, only for calling him on it.
Untrue. Not if we create a rule for Admin to administer.
Caddy Day
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:43 pm
hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:37 pm ...Problem is we all know he won't post there and will continue doing what he does because there are no repercussions for polluting threads with nonsense, only for calling him on it.
Untrue. Not if we create a rule for Admin to administer.
Well that would be great. Said user will always argue that his posts are valid posts however.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:44 pm ...Said user will always argue that his posts are valid posts however.
The rule is about back-to-back posts, excessive posts, quantity, not quality. There's nothing to argue.
Caddy Day
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:47 pm
hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:44 pm ...Said user will always argue that his posts are valid posts however.
The rule is about back-to-back posts, excessive posts, quantity, not quality. There's nothing to argue.
I'm all for that
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:55 pm
I'm all for that
Me too.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Back-to-back standalone posts in a thread where someone is just talking to themselves?

Or, any back-to-back posts even when it is back-to-back posts because you are responding to different posts in the same thread?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

@inthe8m wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:03 pm Back-to-back standalone posts in a thread where someone is just talking to themselves?

Or, any back-to-back posts even when it is back-to-back posts because you are responding to different posts in the same thread?
The former gets the flag. The latter is extremely normal behavior. And, for clarity, like any ref, Admin will use his judgment. He posts "Discuss posts, not people" etc. but there are plenty of times that people are posting about people and he knows that feathers aren't being ruffled so he lets it go. Or, more importantly, no one is flagging the posts. In other words, if you do back-to-back posts and no one is bothered, you're fine. If you or another does a back-to-back(-to-back...) post and it gets flagged, Admin will step in.
Caddy Day
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:11 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:03 pm Back-to-back standalone posts in a thread where someone is just talking to themselves?

The former gets the flag. The latter is extremely normal behavior. And, for clarity, like any ref, Admin will use his judgment. He posts "Discuss posts, not people" etc. but there are plenty of times that people are posting about people and he knows that feathers aren't being ruffled so he lets it go. Or, more importantly, no one is flagging the posts. In other words, if you do back-to-back posts and no one is bothered, you're fine. If you or another does a back-to-back(-to-back...) post and it gets flagged, Admin will step in.
That sounds great. And can he have his own thread where he can post back to back all he wants and people can choose to view the thread or not? Like I said I don't even care if it's pinned to the top of the board for him.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:13 pm And can he have his own thread where he can post back to back all he wants and people can choose to view the thread or not?
Correct. Anyone can.
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:23 pm
hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:13 pm And can he have his own thread where he can post back to back all he wants and people can choose to view the thread or not?
Correct. Anyone can.
That's reasonable. And done.

@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Should have known the heathen would not use an Oxford comma in his thread title.
Last edited by @inthe8m on Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”