Excessive Posts

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
@inthe8m

Excessive Posts

Post by @inthe8m »

A discussion about excessive posting (within the D1 Women's Forum)...

Last edited by @inthe8m on Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
hmmm

Re: University of South Florida Bulls

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:02 am "The addition of women's lacrosse will mark the first new women's program added at USF since women's soccer in 1995."

I thought this was an interesting line from the initial press release. Just goes to show how lacrosse is exploding not only in Florida, but the USA as a whole.
Thank you for turning this forum into "Things that ONW finds interesting" instead of a forum to discuss lacrosse. Much better use of the site imo.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:18 am Thank you for turning this forum into "Things that ONW finds interesting" instead of a forum to discuss lacrosse. Much better use of the site imo.
No personal attacks...
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

admin wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:22 am
hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:18 am Thank you for turning this forum into "Things that ONW finds interesting" instead of a forum to discuss lacrosse. Much better use of the site imo.
No personal attacks...
Poking at someone who continues to post meaningless drivel, or asking that the poster cease posting relentlessly repetitive photos and social media blips. or expressing (as I think hmmm does, above) displeasure with the manner in which one person occupies the board's space -- these don't strike me as "personal attacks." They are expressions by members of the forum that the behavior of one poster is impeding or lessening their enjoyment of Fanlax. At a certain point, chilling the speech of the rest of us will simply transform this board and its various threads into the private account of one irksome person. Is that really where we want to go? Is there no governor on the poster at whom these supposedly "offending" posts are directed? We are kind of at the Rubicon here.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

OuttaNowhereWregget posting:
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:02 am "The addition of women's lacrosse will mark the first new women's program added at USF since women's soccer in 1995."
I thought this was an interesting line from the initial press release. Just goes to show how lacrosse is exploding not only in Florida, but the USA as a whole.
is an appropriate post. Especially during the off-season.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:11 am OuttaNowhereWregget posting:
Thanks, Matnum.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:11 am OuttaNowhereWregget posting:
I think you're missing the point. Logged in this morning to find that there was a deluge of posts starting around 4:30 about things such as Xavier announcing their head coach(which happened 330 days ago).

I probably chose the wrong post to voice my frustration but that just happened to be the last of the posts that I read this morning after spending time that I wish I could get back checking to see what the multitude of new posts were.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:28 am I probably chose the wrong post...
Then show the right post. The Xavier coach post (below) is a bad example. This is a totally appropriate post.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 am Missed this when it was released. Meg Decker will be the head coach for the Musketeers. Next year they will play as independents and the year after a full fledged member of the Big East.

https://goxavier.com/news/2021/7/12/wom ... ogram.aspx
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Interesting how not a single word of protest was raised about this:

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3708

Obviously a double standard exists on these boards, and this is a perfect example.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:45 am Interesting how not a single word of protest was raised about this:

https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3708

Obviously a double standard exists on these boards, and this is a perfect example.
Why do you think that was (that "not a single word of protest was raised")?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:45 am
hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:28 am I probably chose the wrong post...
Then show the right post. The Xavier coach post (below) is a bad example. This is a totally appropriate post.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 am Missed this when it was released. Meg Decker will be the head coach for the Musketeers. Next year they will play as independents and the year after a full fledged member of the Big East.

https://goxavier.com/news/2021/7/12/wom ... ogram.aspx
How is that a bad example of a completely unnecessary post? The article he linked to was from 7/12/2021. 330 days ago.

He also renewed the 2021 Year in Review thread to repost something he already posted 11 months ago. That a bad example too?
Hence why there was a bunch of nonsensical posts about things that happened years ago by myself and other posters yesterday.

If this forum is meant to be ONW's stream of consciousness enabled by those that run it so be it.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:02 am How is that a bad example of a completely unnecessary post? The article he linked to was from 7/12/2021. 330 days ago.
Because he acknowledges that he missed it 330 days ago. Sharing info that he missed that he finds interesting. And that others may benefit from as well. And/or others can speak about in order to better inform the post-er.
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

It’s about Xavier and I posted it under the Xavier topic. I don’t get what’s inappropriate about that. These topics are also good reference resources— which makes when a news item is posted irrelevant.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:06 am
hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:02 am How is that a bad example of a completely unnecessary post? The article he linked to was from 7/12/2021. 330 days ago.
Because he acknowledges that he missed it 330 days ago. Sharing info that he missed that he finds interesting. And that others may benefit from as well. And/or others can speak about in order to better inform the post-er.
He doesn't acknowledge that it was 330 days ago. If he said, hey I missed it when it was released that Gettysburg hired a new coach a couple days ago that would make sense.

And the post of the Rosenzweigs hugging each other 11 months ago? He had already posted it 11 months ago......
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:03 am
admin wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:22 am
No personal attacks...
Poking at someone who continues to post meaningless drivel, or asking that the poster cease posting relentlessly repetitive photos and social media blips. or expressing (as I think hmmm does, above) displeasure with the manner in which one person occupies the board's space -- these don't strike me as "personal attacks." They are expressions by members of the forum that the behavior of one poster is impeding or lessening their enjoyment of Fanlax. At a certain point, chilling the speech of the rest of us will simply transform this board and its various threads into the private account of one irksome person. Is that really where we want to go? Is there no governor on the poster at whom these supposedly "offending" posts are directed? We are kind of at the Rubicon here.
+1
njbill

Post by njbill »

Matt, I don't necessarily disagree with your posts on this subject this morning. Under the letter of the law (FanLax rules), ONW's posts about events from a year ago are not "inappropriate." They deal with lacrosse and aren't personal attacks.

However, I think this discussion got a little side-tracked from what I see as the more central issue: the right of other posters to express annoyance, etc. at ONW's posts of the type he wrote today. Those posts are not a one-off or a two-off or a 100-off. If they were, I doubt anyone would say anything. But it is the regular drum beat, hour after hour, day after day, which wears people down. Hmmm's post was entirely appropriate, in my view, and probably expressed the sentiment of the majority of regular posters on this board. ONW didn't like it and reported it. Admin issued a warning which I think was wrong. If ONW's post was appropriate, so was hmmm's response.

It seems we have devolved into a situation where one poster regularly dishes it out, but when he gets pushback, he can't take it. He reports posts he doesn't like and -- not always but from time to time -- admin issues a warning to the responder. I frankly think this is a double standard. If ONW is to be permitted to post as he does, other posters should be permitted to respond without getting an official warning. I won't repeat here some of the posts ONW has directed at me (I've recounted them a couple of times recently), but what he has said is far worse, yet action is never taken against him.

Simply put, if you post something provocative, you should expect (and tolerate) a provocative response.

Lastly, I believe you are a fairly regular reader of the women's board and a reasonable guy. I really don't get why you defend ONW on a regular basis (and am not asking for your reasons unless you care to share them). You have to understand and appreciate the overwhelming sentiment of the regular posters on this board about ONW and his posts.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:12 pm
Matt, I don't necessarily disagree with your posts on this subject this morning. Under the letter of the law (FanLax rules), ONW's posts about events from a year ago are not "inappropriate." They deal with lacrosse and aren't personal attacks.

However, I think this discussion got a little side-tracked from what I see as the more central issue: the right of other posters to express annoyance, etc. at ONW's posts of the type he wrote today. Those posts are not a one-off or a two-off or a 100-off. If they were, I doubt anyone would say anything. But it is the regular drum beat, hour after hour, day after day, which wears people down. Hmmm's post was entirely appropriate, in my view, and probably expressed the sentiment of the majority of regular posters on this board. ONW didn't like it and reported it. Admin issued a warning which I think was wrong. If ONW's post was appropriate, so was hmmm's response.

It seems we have devolved into a situation where one poster regularly dishes it out, but when he gets pushback, he can't take it. He reports posts he doesn't like and -- not always but from time to time -- admin issues a warning to the responder. I frankly think this is a double standard. If ONW is to be permitted to post as he does, other posters should be permitted to respond without getting an official warning. I won't repeat here some of the posts ONW has directed at me (I've recounted them a couple of times recently), but what he has said is far worse, yet action is never taken against him.

Simply put, if you post something provocative, you should expect (and tolerate) a provocative response.

Lastly, I believe you are a fairly regular reader of the women's board and a reasonable guy. I really don't get why you defend ONW on a regular basis (and am not asking for your reasons unless you care to share them). You have to understand and appreciate the overwhelming sentiment of the regular posters on this board about ONW and his posts.
Hear, hear!
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:12 pm

Thank you. You summed it up much better than I did. My post was in no way due to the singular post I quoted. It is the shear avalanche of constant posts. Yes I could ignore him, but to be honest, while somewhat rare he does contribute information that I found useful, humorous etc. I think all that the majority of the users of this forum would like is for there to be some restraint from the user in question and not post any and every picture, video, social media post, that he finds interesting. And why repost things that he posted 11 months ago just because he was thinking about how great it was?

Maybe there should be an ONW Stream of Consciousness thread where he can post all of his musings that people can choose to view if they want.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:33 pm Maybe there should be an ONW Stream of Consciousness thread where he can post all of his musings that people can choose to view if they want.
hmmm, interesting

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”