Long Island 2023

HS Boys Lacrosse
thedisciple516

Re: Long Island 2023

Post by thedisciple516 »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:19 am
thedisciple516 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:14 pm
kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:20 am
Kismet wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:57 am When was the last time either Nassau or Suffolk swept the LICs?
No one ever swept A-D, because that’s only been around for 5-6 years. 2015 Nassau swept A-C with Syosset, Manhasset, CSH. Suffolk last sweep of A-C was 2007 with WI, Huntington, SWR.
So Cold Spring Harbor is officially part of Nassau for lacrosse purposes :D ?
I believe they are part of Nassau County Section VIII for all sports, not just lacrosse.
Geographically, they are located in Suffolk County on the borderline with Nassau County and are part of the Town of Huntington which is also Suffolk County).
I'm just wondering if in the Suffolk vs. Nassau lax superiority debates Suffolk ever tries to claim them (the reason your program is so good is because it's on our sacred Suffolk lacrosse soil!)
kr522

Post by kr522 »

thedisciple516 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:52 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:57 am When was the last time either Nassau or Suffolk swept the LICs?
No one ever swept A-D, because that’s only been around for 5-6 years. 2015 Nassau swept A-C with Syosset, Manhasset, CSH. Suffolk last sweep of A-C was 2007 with WI, Huntington, SWR.
:D :D :D
I believe they are part of Nassau County Section VIII for all sports, not just lacrosse.
Geographically, they are located in Suffolk County on the borderline with Nassau County and are part of the Town of Huntington which is also Suffolk County).
I'm just wondering if in the Suffolk vs. Nassau lax superiority debates Suffolk ever tries to claim them (the reason your program is so good is because it's on our sacred Suffolk lacrosse soil!)
As much as our eastern neighbors love to claim supremacy, I give them credit for always leaving CSH out of the debate :D
renault

Post by renault »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:48 am
LI13 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:39 am

It's worth noting that kids from Lloyd Harbor, in Nassau, are zoned for CSH. So it's not a Suffolk-only district.

Also, if CSH ever joined Section XI, it would not play many league games against nearby Section XI schools because most of them are A in lacrosse and AA in 5 class sports. They'd have to travel out to the Hamptons way too often.
Not to quibble but just so the record is correct Lloyd Harbor is, in fact, in Suffolk County, Town of Huntington. Wikipedia and no less a source than my sister who has lived, and more to the point paid taxes there for many years, are in agreement on this.

I do believe that for years CSH did play as a Suffolk team. It was found to be impracticable. Purists, as such as myself, may not approve but a special dispensation seems to have been given.
Kids from Laurel Hollow, in Nassau County, attend CSH schools. You might be thinking of that.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

renault wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:22 am

It's worth noting that kids from Lloyd Harbor, in Nassau, are zoned for CSH. So it's not a Suffolk-only district.

Also, if CSH ever joined Section XI, it would not play many league games against nearby Section XI schools because most of them are A in lacrosse and AA in 5 class sports. They'd have to travel out to the Hamptons way too often.
Not to quibble but just so the record is correct Lloyd Harbor is, in fact, in Suffolk County, Town of Huntington. Wikipedia and no less a source than my sister who has lived, and more to the point paid taxes there for many years, are in agreement on this.

I do believe that for years CSH did play as a Suffolk team. It was found to be impracticable. Purists, as such as myself, may not approve but a special dispensation seems to have been given.
Kids from Laurel Hollow, in Nassau County, attend CSH schools. You might be thinking of that.

Oyster Bay Cove too.....
LI13

Post by LI13 »

renault wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:22 am

That is very possible. Too many Ls.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Jay Jalbert lived in Syosset
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

wahoomurf wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:11 pm Jay Jalbert lived in Syosset
Pretty sure Jay lived in, Laurel Hollow NY. Laurel Hollow is technically within Syosset. He went to my high school, CSH.
xcoach

Post by xcoach »

During my sophomore year(1969) at West Babylon, we played CSH twice, since they were in our league. If memory serves me correctly, it was Suffolk League 2. CSH wasn't the powerhouse that they are now, but they were good. I believe we split the 2 games with them. The following year we didn't play them since they joined Section 8. The rationale for the move was that the travel for CSH in most sports was ridiculous; necessitating trips to the South and North forks of Suffolk County. The rest is history!
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

xcoach wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:20 am During my sophomore year(1969) at West Babylon, we played CSH twice, since they were in our league. If memory serves me correctly, it was Suffolk League 2. CSH wasn't the powerhouse that they are now, but they were good. I believe we split the 2 games with them. The following year we didn't play them since they joined Section 8. The rationale for the move was that the travel for CSH in most sports was ridiculous; necessitating trips to the South and North forks of Suffolk County. The rest is history!
I graduated HHH in 1969 - we were Suffolk League 1 with Brentwood, Deer Park, Huntington,Lindenhurst, Sachem, Whitman and WI. We also played CSH plus a 6-7 games against various Nassau schools.

We were supposed to be lead dog in Suffolk in 1969 but upset by Huntington in Suffolk semis. Doug Schrieber was captain and Bill Martens was the Head Coach. We graduated and Bill was let go after the season ended and ended up at Ward Melville when they started a program shortly after. He remained as faculty at HHH teaching AP American History.

HHH hasn't sniffed any kind of title since winning LIC in 1962 against Manhasset. Senior Ray Enners was captain that year.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:44 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:11 pm Jay Jalbert lived in Syosset
Pretty sure Jay lived in, Laurel Hollow NY. Laurel Hollow is technically within Syosset. He went to my high school, CSH.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

thoughts on 2023 finals
- Farmingdale was a great development but ultimately not on the level of Baldwinsville. No shame in that, but I’m not sure they get past Northport without Ippoliti, and next year they won’t have him, so this might have been their best shot

- GC: i know the final score was close, but if they played Victor tomorrow I’d pick them in a heartbeat. I thought they were guilty of trying to run out the clock mentally when they had that 4-5 goal lead midway through 4th quarter, but their defense stymied Victor, and on offense they were breaking down Victor frequently.

- Manhasset: Ford is right, this team belongs up there with some of their other top teams. They’re certainly not out of place with the 09 and 10 teams. Hard to overstate what a weapon Girard was for them too

- CSH: it’s nice to be a great program and play in D. You get your cake (playing all the top local teams as a measuring stick) and eat it too (collecting state titles). They have 6 Long Island titles, and 6 State titles….a perfect 100% conversion rate
chackeli

Post by chackeli »

In the early 80's CSH (one of the smallest schools on LI) lost by a goal to Sachem (probably the largest school in the State} for the state title. There was only one division back then. Been a great program for a long time. Now that they do not have to share a conference with Manhasset they will win a lot of state championships.
coda

Post by coda »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:30 pm thoughts on 2023 finals
- Farmingdale was a great development but ultimately not on the level of Baldwinsville. No shame in that, but I’m not sure they get past Northport without Ippoliti, and next year they won’t have him, so this might have been their best shot

- GC: i know the final score was close, but if they played Victor tomorrow I’d pick them in a heartbeat. I thought they were guilty of trying to run out the clock mentally when they had that 4-5 goal lead midway through 4th quarter, but their defense stymied Victor, and on offense they were breaking down Victor frequently.

- Manhasset: Ford is right, this team belongs up there with some of their other top teams. They’re certainly not out of place with the 09 and 10 teams. Hard to overstate what a weapon Girard was for them too

- CSH: it’s nice to be a great program and play in D. You get your cake (playing all the top local teams as a measuring stick) and eat it too (collecting state titles). They have 6 Long Island titles, and 6 State titles….a perfect 100% conversion rate
Its crazy GC ended up winning the Class B championship after an 0-2 trip to Texas.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

coda wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:55 am

Its crazy GC ended up winning the Class B championship after an 0-2 trip to Texas.
It was two different teams compared to how GC looked at year end. For those Texas kids it’s like a Super Bowl at home, and for GC it’s a 2000 mile trip on little rest to play teams they never heard of. Not making excuses, it’s more to point out the level of play across the country is very competitive, and things like that make a difference. But it helps GC find weaknesses they need to correct and prep for travel later in the year. I bet it helped them against Niskayuna which was essentially playing a home game in Albany
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

chackeli wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:15 am In the early 80's CSH (one of the smallest schools on LI) lost by a goal to Sachem (probably the largest school in the State} for the state title. There was only one division back then. Been a great program for a long time. Now that they do not have to share a conference with Manhasset they will win a lot of state championships.
That was 1979. Rich Riccardi, who went on to play both football and alax at UVA lead the CSH team.
realaxer

Post by realaxer »

Jay Jalbert grew up in Lloyd Harbor (CSH) and lives there now with his own family.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

realaxer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:40 pm Jay Jalbert grew up in Lloyd Harbor (CSH) and lives there now with his own family.
Maybe I'm confusing Jalbert with the Nicklas brothers.... but I certainly remember watching all 3 play at CSH HS.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:06 pm
realaxer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:40 pm Jay Jalbert grew up in Lloyd Harbor (CSH) and lives there now with his own family.
Maybe I'm confusing Jalbert with the Nicklas brothers.... but I certainly remember watching all 3 play at CSH HS.
Jeff was a great player. Lives in Manhasset now.

Joe
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:55 pm
oldbartman wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:06 pm
Jeff was a great player. Lives in Manhasset now.

Joe

My bad. Looked up the property records and it is/was the Nicklas brothers. Apologies to all that I may have annoyed/p!ssed off. Though I certainly did watch Jalbert at CSH. Got to support where you came from.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

coda wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:55 am

I'ts crazy GC ended up winning the Class B championship after an 0-2 trip to Texas.[/u]
HUH?

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”