Coaching changes 2022-23

NAIA Womens Lacrosse
LaxCoach13

Coaching changes 2022-23

Post by LaxCoach13 »

What is the status of coaching, saw yesterday that St Mary's in Kansas last their cooach, 2 in 2 years and low roster numbers what is their situation?
Seemed to have a lot of Intern coaches last year are they staying or are schools going to relook, last look possible openings depending on what schools do:
St Ambrose
Missouri Valley
SCAD
Concordia
St Mary's
LaxCoach13

Re: Coaching changes 2022-23

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Heard a rumor Davis at Georgetown is gone? Anyone know anything?
crumudgeon2

Post by crumudgeon2 »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:17 pm What is the status of coaching, saw yesterday that St Mary's in Kansas last their cooach, 2 in 2 years and low roster numbers what is their situation?
Seemed to have a lot of Intern coaches last year are they staying or are schools going to relook, last look possible openings depending on what schools do:
St Ambrose
Missouri Valley
SCAD
Concordia
St Mary's
SCAD's a nice job. Not sure what they're paying but the school is attractive to northern girls. The past few years they've surprised me with some nice Baltimore Club girls
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

crumudgeon2 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:52 pm
LaxCoach13 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:17 pm What is the status of coaching, saw yesterday that St Mary's in Kansas last their cooach, 2 in 2 years and low roster numbers what is their situation?
St Ambrose
Missouri Valley
SCAD
Concordia
St Mary's
SCAD's a nice job. Not sure what they're paying but the school is attractive to northern girls. The past few years they've surprised me with some nice Baltimore Club girls
problem is the AD from what I hear, I mean they haven't had a head coach for so long and still nothing. I have not heard good things about him and he does not care about lacrosse
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

what is going on in the NAIA, learned of two big openings within the NAIA, not to mention SCAD.
Ottawa and Georgetown coaches are now gone, anybody know whats going one?
crumudgeon2

Post by crumudgeon2 »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:43 pm what is going on in the NAIA, learned of two big openings within the NAIA, not to mention SCAD.
Talked to a coach in the NAIA who echoed the same sentiments you had about SCAD. The school doesn't care about sports or lacrosse. Amazing how they still recruit with this apathy. Georgtown's coach had some issues and his team had run its course
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

crumudgeon2 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:28 pm
LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:43 pm what is going on in the NAIA, learned of two big openings within the NAIA, not to mention SCAD.
Talked to a coach in the NAIA who echoed the same sentiments you had about SCAD. The school doesn't care about sports or lacrosse. Amazing how they still recruit with this apathy. Georgtown's coach had some issues and his team had run its course
Yea is sad, problem is they do keep getting kids and winning so he lets it run it’s self. Georgetown that does not sound good, if it’s major issues hope he’s out of coaching. Heard today Ottawa’s coach went to NE. Anyone know of any others looking?
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Looks like Life has their new coach already, was it the best choice? Only choice? or easy Choice? 1 year experince as a Asst Coach, seems like a progrma that strong could attract some good candidates?
https://liferunningeagles.com/news/2022 ... coach.aspx

do we know where the other schools stand?
Clarke is looking for their 7th coach in 8 years
MoValley, Ottawa and St Mary's also hired inexperince coaches
Eastern Oregon
SCAD is well into year 2 of no coach, strange situation
any other openings out there?
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Looks like Georgetown has their new coach:
https://www.georgetowncollegeathletics. ... e/4153.php
Interesting hire, she was 6-25 in three years at Point and never had a roster more then 15. Fire a pretty successful HC to hire someone like that? Now Point is on the clock to hire with school starting in a few weeks.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Just saw William Penn has posted for a new HC, what the heck is going on there? Thought Sherman was doing a very good job, their AD just like to change every couple years or did she go somewhere else?

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/172550 ... osse-coach
crumudgeon2

Post by crumudgeon2 »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:28 pm Just saw William Penn has posted for a new HC, what the heck is going on there? Thought Sherman was doing a very good job, their AD just like to change every couple years or did she go somewhere else?

Sherman is doing a great job, great girl. She wasn't driven out at all and I know the administration wanted to keep her. You will be hearing shortly where she will be landing.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

crumudgeon2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:03 pm
LaxCoach13 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:28 pm Just saw William Penn has posted for a new HC, what the heck is going on there? Thought Sherman was doing a very good job, their AD just like to change every couple years or did she go somewhere else?

Sherman is doing a great job, great girl. She wasn't driven out at all and I know the administration wanted to keep her. You will be hearing shortly where she will be landing.
I totally agree she was doing a great job, that is not the question. More the question is why do they keep losing coaches, I have to disagree that administration cares about the program. They put on a good show but what is going on behind the scences. Wish her all the best she is a good person
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Sherman to Ave Maria, looks like a good move, brings her back home to a school she knows in a better area. Now what will William Penn do, any word on Clarke and Pointe?
laxtea69

Post by laxtea69 »

Updates:

Montreat is now hiring a new HC.

Point hires Shelby Sanderson, she coached there before during the 18-19 season. She left Ave Marie to come back, not sure about that being the right move...

William Penn hired one of their men's GAs to be the interim HC for the team. Joshua Bell has only been a GA in his experience, but he was helping them this fall before getting the green light to completely take over.

Clarke hired Irene Carlquist. Carlquist played D2 at Indy, and has been the assistant at Anderson and HC at the high school level. I think she will do alright with this team.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Clarke has one of their players playing for both the men's and women's team??? Interesting play by Tucker LaBelle of the men's team.
crumudgeon2

Post by crumudgeon2 »

Shelby Sanderson's primary consideration is her family. Point is lucky to have her.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

laxtea69 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:51 am Updates:

Point hires Shelby Sanderson, she coached there before during the 18-19 season. She left Ave Marie to come back, not sure about that being the right move...

William Penn hired one of their men's GAs to be the interim HC for the team. Joshua Bell has only been a GA in his experience, but he was helping them this fall before getting the green light to completely take over.

Clarke hired Irene Carlquist. Carlquist played D2 at Indy, and has been the assistant at Anderson and HC at the high school level. I think she will do alright with this team.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Clarke has one of their players playing for both the men's and women's team??? Interesting play by Tucker LaBelle of the men's team.
I have to take a wait and see on Clarke, 9 coaches in 9 years says something. Also hear the school is in financial problems. Numbers are very low and season in jeopardy
laxtea69

Post by laxtea69 »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:07 pm
laxtea69 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:51 am Updates:

I have to take a wait and see on Clarke, 9 coaches in 9 years says something. Also hear the school is in financial problems. Numbers are very low and season in jeopardy
I know the price of Clarke is pretty expensive, and their scholarships aren't on the same level as Benedictine and William Penn are. So that could be a fair assumption. They do have pretty nice facilities though, just potentially poor coaching and recruiting from both women's and men's teams.

Return to “NAIA WOMENS LACROSSE”