Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
OCanada

Re: Navy Lacrosse 2019

Post by OCanada »

I am expecting Hopkins Navy will likely back up next year.
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote:Isn't the parking lot currently nothing more than a construction staging area at this point or is the new construction eliminating the parking lot all together?
Parking on the Yard is at a premium, so I hope so, but with the diggers & fillers, you never know 'til the job is done.
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

old salt wrote:Perry sounded relieved to move back to slotback. I'm not sure the QB experiment was his idea.

Despite the PL changing the master sched by moving the PLT back one week, Navy - Hopkins is still not back on the sched. .:(.

The decline of Navy Lax from relevance is like a frog in a pan of water, being slowly heated to a boil.

...& the Rip Miller parking lot is now gone.
The AD at GT needs to have Coach Ken on his SPY - 3/4

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/georgia- ... PIeG4AKYJ/

Love Navy Volleyball .. Michigan is going down !

Frog in the boiling Water .. but big pay checks for mediocrity confused2 True

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

I should know better, after leading the Navy cheering session for Justin Shockey, who never set foot on the Yard . . . but don't look now, Navy has the #8 ranked Inside Lacrosse 2020 recruiting class, with two five-stars (one is a McDonogh kid, Swanson, and he's the real deal) and four four-stars (midfielders, defenders, goalies -- no attackmen).vvOf course, assuming they all go to NAPS it'll be 2022 before any of them could suit up for Navy.

And speaking of NAPS -- given the defections last year, is it really so advantageous to have lax guys spend a year there? Would there be a better chance of keeping some of them in the fold if they came as direct admits? Or is the year of getting bigger and chance to acclimate to academics and the service the way it has to be? Interested in what people think.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Former Navy lax player & FB captain Brye French had the honor of guarding Pres GHW Bush at rest.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

old salt wrote:Former Navy lax player & FB captain Brye French had the honor of guarding Pres GHW Bush at rest.
BZ
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The Orfling wrote:I should know better, after leading the Navy cheering session for Justin Shockey, who never set foot on the Yard . . . but don't look now, Navy has the #8 ranked Inside Lacrosse 2020 recruiting class, with two five-stars (one is a McDonogh kid, Swanson, and he's the real deal) and four four-stars (midfielders, defenders, goalies -- no attackmen).vvOf course, assuming they all go to NAPS it'll be 2022 before any of them could suit up for Navy.

And speaking of NAPS -- given the defections last year, is it really so advantageous to have lax guys spend a year there? Would there be a better chance of keeping some of them in the fold if they came as direct admits? Or is the year of getting bigger and chance to acclimate to academics and the service the way it has to be? Interested in what people think.
No way I am speculating on current HS juniors, way too much can change between now and then.

Orfling, this may help...consider Asking the ADon this one.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

old salt wrote:Former Navy lax player & FB captain Brye French had the honor of guarding Pres GHW Bush at rest.

From Instagram and my favorite Navy Coach ... #40 salut1

https://navysports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3495

GO NAVY , Beat the Mules from the Hill Hole on the Hudson

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

This year.

Go Navy
Beat Army

Ex Navy family “brat” - three generations Navy.
Got picked up by the Jints last draft.
Kid decided against Navy but I’m sure was recruited.
Friends with Bellichick family from Navy background.
Could replace Manning.

Navy grad from this family from my old school met Army grad from
my old school at midfield. Pregame handshake. Great scene.
One of the coldest Army Navy games at the Old Vet.
Navy was always winning back then, so I backed Army.

But this year, Its Navy !
ExLax

Post by ExLax »

17 - 10 and a threepeat. Hope you didn't fall for this crap:

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... _qmJhSe0h4
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

OCanada wrote:I am expecting Hopkins Navy will likely back up next year.
This is a must read :

https://www.capitalgazette.com/sports/n ... t12aH-1la1

Another solid story by the great Bill Wagner:

Question - I get this for football after a third loss to Army but I’m very surprised bang1 that Wags has never written a similar chronicle of the total mediocrity that has over taken MLAX over the last 7 years . Start by asking when is the schedule being released like BaseBall was 10 days ago.

Question 2 - Hopefully CHT’s time finally come to be wheeled out to the dog track wearing his American Flag Sweatshirt and left with the other geriatric retirees to bet on the daily trifecta ?

I’m hoping like all of you that systemic changes are in the air in Ricketts for not only FB but more importantly our beloved MLAX.

GO NAVY , Beat Everyone

“T”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

IMHO - Navy or Army of any team running the triple option will never get much further than middle of the road. In this day and age of bigger, stronger, faster, and rules limiting contact like in the "the ole' days", Triple Option teams are handcuffed without a deep ball threat. Kudos to Coach Ken for dipping his toes in the water over the past couple/few years trying to stretch the field. As witnessed in the recent game, passing and catching was quite poor, and those were significant missed opportunities that would have had major impacts in the game. Ironically, they bring in Lewis and IJ calls a screen play into the flat with some nice YAC...where was that in the first half?

The part that is a major head-scratcher is Navy played smash mouth football in the AAC all season and during the Army game looked as though they learned very little. It is almost as if the played "not to lose".....sound familiar with mlax and 15 years of stall ball. Same ole same ole....slow grind it out, keep the score low so we don't have to run with the big boys...and yet Army is not a big boy.

I disagree with WAGS about getting back to being the best triple option team because in my mind all that does is make you the best middle of the pack team...settling for average, THAT is not what Navy is about.

As it relates to MLAX....same applies. This staff MUST have as goal #1 to increase Goals per game average > 11 this year, anything less is failure. As noted before, in the Towson scrimmage I watched, we were only shooting with <10 seconds in the 80 second clock...that sucks and is not what I expected to see. In practice I surely hope Coach allows the players to shoot at will, be creative, have flare, LSM's stay on offense and get comfortable pushing seeing the 4v3 breaks drawing and dishing, etc.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

SCHEUDLE: https://navysports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mlax
10 Contests at Home 1 being a scrimmage.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

Good sched. Respectable non-conf opponents.

Now, if JHU can return to the sched in 2020 & MD continues, it's a good template for the future.

Looking forward to Cuse & Princeton returning to NMCMS.

VT & UMBC are interesting, potential quality win opportunities.

Based on the press release, Richmond & Drexel are preseason scrimmages.

Odd year = home cookin'.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

youthathletics wrote:SCHEUDLE: https://navysports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mlax
10 Contests at Home 1 being a scrimmage.

Love all the home games also 8-) - just disappointed that the BIG TEN Schudule isn’t going to allow Hopkins to play Navy .

OCanada says that game with be back next year ... We will see.

I got to watch Vermont play UVA last season live and they were vastly improved over year’s gone by , but still don’t believe they are of Navy’s caliber .

Props to all for getting ‘Cuse to travel to NMCS .

Let’s get this party started!!

GO NAVY , Beat Everyone !

“T”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Tecumseh wrote: just disappointed that the BIG TEN Schudule isn’t going to allow Hopkins to play Navy .

OCanada says that game with be back next year ... We will see.
Maybe O'Canada & the Hop mafia can pull some Big 10 strings.

It would be good for tv & live attendance, if the PL & B1G could coordinate a couple holes in their late March & Apr master scheds so that both JHU & MD play home & home vs both Navy & Loyola, every year. It would not be that hard. Just play a couple conf games earlier in the season.

Roster also posted. 53 total, 17 Fr, including 2 FO's.
https://navysports.com/roster.aspx?path=mlax
Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

I posted a poem written by a Seal Chief on Okinawa in 1986, since re-written and reposted numerous times to encompass our sister services. I just ask that as we all sit down this holiday to enjoy family and friends, that we remember and pray for our servicemen and women that are out on the wire (and their families) keeping us safe in such garden spots as Afghanistan, Niger, Iraq , Sudan ,Syria , Somalia, the Korean Peninsula and who knows what other fun places that we have SOCOM personnel and units deployed. Merry Christmas and stay safe warriors. Never Forget and Never Forgotten . God bless you and your amazing families .

‘T”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just for ole' times sake....I would play this for the kids all the time, then youtube took down the music. Click play on both for a stroll down memory lane.....

~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

Good article on the latest #40. Good words from The Coach, too,

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2018/12/1 ... ick-sowell
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Tecumseh, I echo your Christmas post. We have had boots on the ground in something like 100 countries in the recent past. It could have been a long list :)

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”