All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by runrussellrun »

But, according to the UN, we have to act NOW.

BECSS is another cute idea, that doesn't factor in the carbon footprint of production of said "biomass-fuel".

We'll never here the answer, but why not just install the abiotic CO2 capture technology to today's oil/coal/NG power plants?

( K2CO3, lithium silicate, ceramic and nickel-based compounds, for example )

Human and animal pooh is a problem. Biodegesters/methane capture with scubbers are a real solution. TODAY (why they are NOT required for animal waste, food production is beyond me. Pretends are all over this legislation )

Another simple solution is park our USS WasteofMoney nuclear powered ships and plug them into our powergrid. One Nuke sub docked in the Schuychul river can power almost all of Philly. But no, keeping America "safe' protecting Libyan oilfields, or is it gas now....I forget.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote:

BECSS is another cute idea, that doesn't factor in the carbon footprint of production of said "biomass-fuel".

We'll never here the answer, but why not just install the abiotic CO2 capture technology to today's oil/coal/NG power plants?

Human and animal pooh is a problem. Biodegesters/methane capture with scubbers are a real solution. TODAY (why they are NOT required for animal waste, food production is beyond me. Pretends are all over this legislation )

Another simple solution is park our USS WasteofMoney nuclear powered ships and plug them into our powergrid. One Nuke sub docked in the Schuychul river can power almost all of Philly. But no, keeping America "safe' protecting Libyan oilfields, or is it gas now....I forget.
We should just ignore the problem. People will eventually go away.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Bingo... 100% correct. No matter what we do or how hard we try eventually we all go away. ang10 My motto is enjoy the ride and enjoy the view.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote:Bingo... 100% correct. No matter what we do or how hard we try eventually we all go away. ang10 My motto is enjoy the ride and enjoy the view.
I finally got around to watching Children of Men. I watched the first half last night and will finish it tonight. Very good film. It’s plausible. DMac would like the Michael Caine character....
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:

This guy was screaming "Climate change is a hoax"!

Lax Fidelis

Post by Lax Fidelis »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Yup, TLD, Hurricanes are super new. But, seeing that the earth is only 150 years old....... Based on that picture, willing to bet that 90% of the property destroyed were NOT compliant with that pesky building code. Don't see a lot of hurricane ties in the debris. Do you?

At this point, most us us have read that hurricane Michaels accelerated strength was due to the increase in water temperature. (seeing that hurricanes derive its energy from the heat ) Climate $cientist$, however, won't clearly commit to the increase as the "only factor".

“The rapid intensification of these storms, which was part of what made them so dangerous and devastating, is something models are telling us global warming should make more common globally over the present century,” said Gabriel Vecchi, one of the authors of the study and a climate scientist at Princeton University. ″However, I don’t think I’m in a position to say — one way or the other — whether global warming played an important role in Michael’s rapid intensification,” he cautioned.

WHy are they so noncommittal to blaming the "above normal" water temperatures as the driving factor? Because they know people like me, and more respected "scientist$", will do the easy research. NOAA's buoy system is great. It has historic data. Buoy 42039 was the last to be in the path of Michael before landfall.

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page. ... tion=42039

Using October 6th for a baseline, we do indeed see the water temp increases that the alarmists are referencing. Seeing that the historic data only goes back to 1996 (for the full calendar year) and not the dawn of man of 150 years ago, we should be able to conclude much, if little.

(all October 6th highs, degrees in F. )
In 1996, water temp was 81.32
in 1997, water temp was 83.1
in 2006, water temp was 84.74
in 2015, water temp was 80.42
in 2017, water temp was 82.22
in 2018, water temp was 85.1.

In three short years, the dramatic increase of 4.68 degrees F surely bolsters the climate $cientist$ claim that Michaels accelerated strength and increase in category status is attributed to the almost 5 degree water temp change. Especially if one ignores the 2006 reading, where the increase was .32 degrees F. Or rather, what is the "normal water temp"

Some cherry picked "highs" for any particular year.

2005, on July 22 (91.9/92 degrees F )

1996, on July 15th, (88.34 degrees F )
2017, on July 7th, (90.5 degrees F )

Can we conclude that the year Hurricane Katrina hit, the almost 7 degree yearly high as compared to the water temp on October 6th, 2018, is normal?
Or, do we compare the years 2017 & 2018, where the water temperature increase was almost 3 degrees higher as powering Michael so quickly? Or, do we go back to using the 2015 Oct 6th temp that is almost 5 degrees lower as the new normal?

The problem with the earth being only 150 years old, not 700 like "some say", is the data only provides the data from when man started to collect data. Only the data only goes back 22 years (for most NOAA buoys ) Or roughly 15% of mans time on earth.

THoughts on what "normal" is would be appreciated.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:Yup, TLD, Hurricanes are super new. But, seeing that the earth is only 150 years old....... Based on that picture, willing to bet that 90% of the property destroyed were NOT compliant with that pesky building code. Don't see a lot of hurricane ties in the debris. Do you?

At this point, most us us have read that hurricane Michaels accelerated strength was due to the increase in water temperature. (seeing that hurricanes derive its energy from the heat ) Climate $cientist$, however, won't clearly commit to the increase as the "only factor".

“The rapid intensification of these storms, which was part of what made them so dangerous and devastating, is something models are telling us global warming should make more common globally over the present century,” said Gabriel Vecchi, one of the authors of the study and a climate scientist at Princeton University. ″However, I don’t think I’m in a position to say — one way or the other — whether global warming played an important role in Michael’s rapid intensification,” he cautioned.

WHy are they so noncommittal to blaming the "above normal" water temperatures as the driving factor? Because they know people like me, and more respected "scientist$", will do the easy research. NOAA's buoy system is great. It has historic data. Buoy 42039 was the last to be in the path of Michael before landfall.

Using October 6th for a baseline, we do indeed see the water temp increases that the alarmists are referencing. Seeing that the historic data only goes back to 1996 (for the full calendar year) and not the dawn of man of 150 years ago, we should be able to conclude much, if little.

In three short years, the dramatic increase of 4.68 degrees F surely bolsters the climate $cientist$ claim that Michaels accelerated strength and increase in category status is attributed to the almost 5 degree water temp change. Especially if one ignores the 2006 reading, where the increase was .32 degrees F. Or rather, what is the "normal water temp"

Can we conclude that the year Hurricane Katrina hit, the almost 7 degree yearly high as compared to the water temp on October 6th, 2018, is normal?
Or, do we compare the years 2017 & 2018, where the water temperature increase was almost 3 degrees higher as powering Michael so quickly? Or, do we go back to using the 2015 Oct 6th temp that is almost 5 degrees lower as the new normal?

The problem with the earth being only 150 years old, not 700 like "some say", is the data only provides the data from when man started to collect data. Only the data only goes back 22 years (for most NOAA buoys ) Or roughly 15% of mans time on earth.

Man has no impact on the environment......I am looking out my window right now......Looks exactly like it did 100 years ago.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Sure, belittle the discussion. Meanwhile, GE has cleaned up it's mess & superfunds cites. Obama made sure it happened. Sardonic, useless comments endure baby
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:Sure, belittle the discussion. Meanwhile, GE has cleaned up it's mess & superfunds cites. Obama made sure it happened. Sardonic, useless comments endure baby
It is a hoax. Just a money making scheme....like vaccinations..... they cause autism. I wish I could unvaccinate mine.

Smart parenting

EDIT:

This is what is REALLY going on.....http://cloakedtruth.com/arctic-polar-ca ... d-purpose/

I read it on the interweb
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Nah...trust Rick Perry and get your kids the HPV vaccine. He didn't get paid off and make it mandatory in Texas.

What is causing the increases in autism? Or is it simply just we now call it a "diagnosis" and its always been there the entire time?

Does Merck ever spend any money on lobbying? Gardisal researched with federal tax dollars and any US colleges?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:Nah...trust Rick Perry and get your kids the HPV vaccine. He didn't get paid off and make it mandatory in Texas.

What is causing the increases in autism? Or is it simply just we now call it a "diagnosis" and its always been there the entire time?

Does Merck ever spend any money on lobbying? Gardisal researched with federal tax dollars and any US colleges?
Don’t vaccinate at your own risk....I have in house expertise but not everyone does.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Yup, TLD, Hurricanes are super new. But, seeing that the earth is only 150 years old....... Based on that picture, willing to bet that 90% of the property destroyed were NOT compliant with that pesky building code. Don't see a lot of hurricane ties in the debris. Do you?

Man has no impact on the environment......I am looking out my window right now......Looks exactly like it did 100 years ago.
this is for you TLD to help you cope a little better with the soon to be coming cataclysmic disasters... baby1 baby1 baby1 The harder you suck the more soothing the effect. :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

this is for you TLD to help you cope a little better with the soon to be coming cataclysmic disasters... baby1 baby1 baby1 The harder you suck the more soothing the effect. :lol:
I am actually not worried about it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Neither am I, because there is not a dog gone thing anyone can do to stop what will happen. I am not against cleaning up our planet and finding better sources of energy. No matter how you look at it oil and gas are not going away anytime soon and the consumption of those fuels world wide is only going to increase. I just don't buy into the fact that the consumption of these fuel sources is killing the planet. I know that is not a popular opinion in the country today but the way I look at it the planet put these resources there to begin with. If you want to take a very exaggerated and cynical approach we could blame the problem on the earth for making these resources available to begin with. confused3
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote:Neither am I, because there is not a dog gone thing anyone can do to stop what will happen. I am not against cleaning up our planet and finding better sources of energy. No matter how you look at it oil and gas are not going away anytime soon and the consumption of those fuels world wide is only going to increase. I just don't buy into the fact that the consumption of these fuel sources is killing the planet. I know that is not a popular opinion in the country today but the way I look at it the planet put these resources there to begin with. If you want to take a very exaggerated and cynical approach we could blame the problem on the earth for making these resources available to begin with. confused3
Un huh.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... time-bomb/

This isn't doomsday. Just something to think about....I like this kind of stuff.... you don't know what fun is until you spend a night in a Woods Hole lab with a bunch of nerds looking at slides....
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men, Men, men, MEN, men,

Wouldn't call the STEM world full of nerds. Would call it full of MEN. Harvards old President, an Obama cabinet member, didn't think housewives belonged in the STEM field. What is wrong with the Ivy leagues?

Woods Hole part of the WCWFO economic system? Nah....they only got $116 MILLION from the welfare troughs. Almost $3 million for investment management fees, but "only" $6 million investment income. Gee, TLD, you collecting the management fees for this MENS club? Sure, some woman. Zero blacks.

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pd ... 12_990.pdf
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Waiting for a good documentary on Boston's water table and the need to protect the wealthy. Those injuns don't rate saving.

http://www.bostongroundwater.org/overview.html

Sealevel would be a good thing for Boston realestate, wouldn't it :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”