Coaching Carousal

D2 Mens Lacrosse
FaceDodge

Re: Coaching Carousal

Post by FaceDodge »

This should be no surprise. The AD has a history everywhere she has been of hating men, men's sports and especially men's lacrosse.

The next coach will be someone she can easily control. Probably someone young they can pay peanuts.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

FaceDodge wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:54 am This should be no surprise. The AD has a history everywhere she has been of hating men, men's sports and especially men's lacrosse.

The next coach will be someone she can easily control. Probably someone young they can pay peanuts.
Ouch!! Unfortunately this is the story at many schools in 2024.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Heard that the Tusculum Head Coach is having Visa issues (he's Canadian). Unclear whether he'll be able to coach this season or not.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:38 pm Heard that the Tusculum Head Coach is having Visa issues (he's Canadian). Unclear whether he'll be able to coach this season or not.
Visa? Who needs a visa? Just walk across the border like everyone else....
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Lurker wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:57 am
GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:38 pm Heard that the Tusculum Head Coach is having Visa issues (he's Canadian). Unclear whether he'll be able to coach this season or not.
LOL. Northern border seems to be a bit trickier.

Heard that he is all squared away and good to go now.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

Anyone know the story at Coker?
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

DQKing wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:39 am Anyone know the story at Coker?
I've been told that Coach Snow was let go at the end of the Fall Semester. There were numerous violations, along with not being present on campus for long periods of time, among other things that made the Administration decided to move on. I know Coach Ambrose has a FT job on campus, but on top of RiverDonkey I have also heard there will be a search at the end of the semester. Not sure if he will stay or if increased success from last year will change the mind of the AD. He was a HC before at an NAIA School. From the people I've heard from The AD is tough, but they all seem to love her. The all voiced she wants to support the programs and department to be competitive and successful in The SAC. Coker is going through some facility upgrades to their field. They are enhancing the facility on campus right now, once is to create a stadium vs just a turf field with portable bleachers. This could increase the ceiling of the program and make it move of a competitive and appealing program.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:02 pm

I couldn’t help but notice Tapp was not listed and they had an interim coach. Any word on what’s going on?
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

River Donkey wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:03 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:02 pm

I couldn’t help but notice Tapp was not listed and they had an interim coach. Any word on what’s going on?
Yep. Visa issues- turns out the school did not get it "all squared away."
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

Word is the AIC coach may have been let go. Has been absent on the sideline the last 3-4 games. I guess he was put on paid leave when they returned from spring break travels.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Only coaches on the AIC site are 2 asst coaches, so yes I would say their HC is gone.
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:56 pm Only coaches on the AIC site are 2 asst coaches, so yes I would say their HC is gone.
ahhh, they must have just fixxed it. As of the other day Spallone was still listed as HC
MajorMacLax18

Post by MajorMacLax18 »

Interesting hire here for Tusculum. Currently 1-12 (only win is over an NAIA school) and 0-8 in SAC play. No previous college coaching experience before Tusculum as the article states he coached high school in Knoxville as well as HS club. Maybe the AD is hoping he has the recruiting connections, but I thought they would've at least posted the position to see who might've been interested.

https://www.tusculumpioneers.com/sports ... 0404oi6b65
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

Who are these AD’s think they are fooling? He’s done a great job 1-12? What has he done? Why don’t they just say, we don’t really care about this program and are not going to put any work into making sure they hire an experienced coach
Bananas4Laxx

Post by Bananas4Laxx »

Any insight on what happened to Spallone at AIC? Feel like they were just starting to get something going there.
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

Bananas4Laxx wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:25 pm Any insight on what happened to Spallone at AIC? Feel like they were just starting to get something going there.
My buddy plays in the local ol' man league with Spallone. Over some beers after a game Spallone said his Assistant coach reported him to HR for creating a hostile work environment, and mistreatment of players. What was exactly said we may never know. The players seemed to like him. He was known for going bonkers on the sidelines though at the officials. Maybe it was a little bit of everything that got him in deep water. I will say this is the best season they have had maybe ever?
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

Best team AIC has ever had. Sad the coach is gone.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

A trustworthy assistant is worth his weight in gold.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”