Crime and Punishment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Crime and Punishment

Post by RedFromMI »

No, not the novel.

How about this for non-violent offenders to keep them from re-committing more crimes:
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Crime and Punishment

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:25 am No, not the novel.

How about this for non-violent offenders to keep them from re-committing more crimes:
Are you sure this isn't just another woke scheme to put pedophiles in all the pizzerias in the DC Metro area?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

:lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I would be concerned about abuse of the system to overly monitor but if only a binary option with incarceration it’s a superior solution…I think.

Don’t take that as a deep state mentality but a serious concern about the surveillance state.

My preference, however, would be to re-evaluate our approach to concerns and cost-benefit of recidivism writ large.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:14 pm

I would be concerned about abuse of the system to overly monitor but if only a binary option with incarceration it’s a superior solution…I think.

Don’t take that as a deep state mentality but a serious concern about the surveillance state.

My preference, however, would be to re-evaluate our approach to concerns and cost-benefit of recidivism writ large.

Ankle monitors for nonviolent crimes?!? Ayfkm?! What happened to the left in this country? Unless you’re talking about pre-trial? If pre-trial, it depends on many circumstances including ties to the community, family stability, employment status, etc. But ankle monitors generally should be restricted to violent offenders.

A first time convicted offender for a non violent crime should get any of the following: probation, financial penalty, or community service. Second and third times and up, progressively more punishment.

VIOLENT crimes are a different ball of wax.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

A solid victory for the voices of reason and common sense at SUNY Brockport. The murdering rat baztahrd that assassinated two police officers will not give his lecture on being a political prisoner in person. It will be a virtual freak circus of faculty and a few students that will faun over his every word. When the dumbass college president realized the chitstorm she created she had to back off. There was a rather ironic sidenote. The dumbass college president, realizing the crowds that would have showed up to protest would have required a large security presence from the police. The police pretty much informed the dumbass college president not a single police officer would provide security for her little suare into stupidity. Props to the people at Brockport for putting a beatdown on this stupid little lecture as best as possible.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac

Post by DMac »

Astounding and frightening, further reason for people like me to not trust our judicial system.
I want no part of speaking with police or being in a courtroom for any reason.
Anyone watch this last night? Our system at work, brutalized these two innocent people. When
those in the system decide you're their guy, you're phuked, facts be damned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=098xN0rkIII
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:11 pm Police Heroes.
A mishap
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:11 pm Police Heroes.

Those cops showed about as much remorse and empathy as did Darrell Brooks in the Waukesha Parade trial. Brooks, like tRump hid behind a Bible. He always claims victimhood, takes no responsibility for his crimes, shows no remorse whatsoever, and blames everyone else for the casualties. At least Brooks will spend the rest of his life behinds bars. Criminals like tRump and those murderous cops will live off of fat pensions at taxpayer expense and applaud themselves for the rest of their wicked lives.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.JoJFu4jYI ... =5&pid=1.7

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.MPE6VGHsA ... mgDet&rs=1

Two of a kind. Both exceedingly evil.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

He looks like an incel who decided he could take what he wanted.

Teen lucky to have survived her “rescue.”

“Several hours after the bodies were found, Edwards was spotted driving with the teen through San Bernardino County, police said.

According to the release, Edwards exchanged gunfire with the San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputies attempting to stop him, was shot by deputies, and was later pronounced dead at the scene.

The teen was unharmed and later placed into protective custody of the Riverside County Department of Public Social Services, police said.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Justice never sleeps. Libyan who made bomb that destroyed Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie decades ago is now in US custody. A big win: bombing suspect in US custody - BBC News
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:00 pm Justice never sleeps. Libyan who made bomb that destroyed Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie decades ago is now in US custody. A big win: bombing suspect in US custody - BBC News
Abu Agila Masud. This happened my last year at law school, where 35 undergraduates were murdered by this guy. “The arc of a moral universe bends toward Justice.”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Very cool '90 SU lacrosse poster. Fantastic posters with meaning when Simmons Jr. was the coach.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:26 am

Are you sure this isn't just another woke scheme to put pedophiles in all the pizzerias in the DC Metro area?
What a racist assumption on your part. How do you know pedophiles even like pizza? My bad they probably hang out at Chuck E Cheese.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
old salt

Post by old salt »

That would be the Loudon County School Board.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:48 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:26 am

What a racist assumption on your part. How do you know pedophiles even like pizza? My bad they probably hang out at Chuck E Cheese.
What does pedophiles have to do with racism?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:07 pm Very cool '90 SU lacrosse poster. Fantastic posters with meaning when Simmons Jr. was the coach.
Nice!

Return to “POLITICS”