Essexfenwick - 1 Minute (2 Days)

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Essexfenwick - 1 Minute (2 Days)

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:58 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:18 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:53 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am without content and comments that WE post....this place is nothing.
I don’t follow your rationale. I don’t see where being rude to others or trolling factor in.
Factor into what? content?

Rudeness is subjective, yes?

Some posters think, just "asking " this question is an "attack " ;)

thousands of rude posts. Take, for example, Hopfan16 response to "wheels", on the D1 Hopkins 2022 thread.

Does his rude response "your mother" warrant penalty time ? Or , can I just call it rude , and move on?

I prefer the latter.
No—without comments this place is nothing.

It’s not an exact science, but there is a balance between having members and policing for bad behavior, as opposed to just letting everyone say whatever they want. And as is always available and oft repeated—if there is an offending post—flag it by clicking on the exclamation point and admin will rule on it. He can’t possibly read every post on every board. He has a life outside FanLax.
And if someone really wants to say whatever they want, with no negative repercussions, there's an area dedicated for such: Hamsterdam.

Unlike some forums, the users were asked their views on how they wished moderation to be implemented...it's a work in progress, of course, subject to further change, but it's not like our input hasn't been sought and appreciated.

One key such was the creation of an area where posters could be "obnoxious" to their heart's content.

And a process for flagging and restricting access in the areas where civil discourse is what is intended to draw and keep participation. The intent is not to engender anger, but rather the civil sharing of information and views. This is in stark contrast with the social media sites that algorithmically reward the most extreme posts, the most likely to engender emotion, whether positive or negative. Those sites are wildly successful enterprises, but don't encourage civil discourse.

So, some people appreciate a site that does.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:39 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am without content and comments that WE post....this place is nothing.
I don’t follow your rationale. I don’t see where being rude to others or trolling factor in.

thousands of rude posts. Take, for example, Hopfan16 response to "wheels", on the D1 Hopkins 2022 thread.

Does his rude response "your mother" warrant penalty time ? Or , can I just call it rude , and move on?

I prefer the latter.

It’s not an exact science, but there is a balance between having members and policing for bad behavior, as opposed to just letting everyone say whatever they want. And as is always available and oft repeated—if there is an offending post—flag it by clicking on the exclamation point and admin will rule on it. He can’t possibly read every post on every board. He has a life outside FanLax.
And if someone really wants to say whatever they want, with no negative repercussions, there's an area dedicated for such: Hamsterdam.

Unlike some forums, the users were asked their views on how they wished moderation to be implemented...it's a work in progress, of course, subject to further change, but it's not like our input hasn't been sought and appreciated.

One key such was the creation of an area where posters could be "obnoxious" to their heart's content.

And a process for flagging and restricting access in the areas where civil discourse is what is intended to draw and keep participation. The intent is not to engender anger, but rather the civil sharing of information and views. This is in stark contrast with the social media sites that algorithmically reward the most extreme posts, the most likely to engender emotion, whether positive or negative. Those sites are wildly successful enterprises, but don't encourage civil discourse.

Indeed we do.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

I prefer the latter.

"I'm not going down this rathole with you." "back to ignore, why do I bother"

what makes you so sure admin is a male? ;)

2 peas, on pod.

same....as..it ever was. face slap.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:33 pm

I prefer the latter.

"I'm not going down this rathole with you." "back to ignore, why do I bother"

what makes you so sure admin is a male? ;)

2 peas, on pod.

same....as..it ever was. face slap.
RRR, if you ever come out of attack mode and decide to post in a way that makes deciphering your meaning easier, instead of a twisted, disjointed maze, let us know. Happy to converse then.

You're right, has Admin ever directly indicated that he is a male? Pretty sure Matt indicated "he" or "him" at some point, though, and I'm pretty sure he actually would know... ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:35 pm

I prefer the latter.

Indeed we do.
If peace, love and harmony is the goal of this forum you have to ask yourself WHY so many very respected former posters no longer post here??? :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:27 am

I prefer the latter.

Indeed we do.
If peace, love and harmony is the goal of this forum you have to ask yourself WHY so many very respected former posters no longer post here??? :roll:
Most have said they hated the trolling. The way people converse has become very different over the past half dozen years, worse and worse.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:24 am

I prefer the latter.

Indeed we do.
Most have said they hated the trolling. The way people converse has become very different over the past half dozen years, worse and worse.
That couldn't be more false, again that's you spinning it. Most have said they hate the way the discussion is so one-sided and shaped by a certain small group of posters, all with the same narrow-minded political ideologies. Their attempts to control the conversation got to much to handle for them. It has only been about trolling for a very small amount who left. Again, living in your own world. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Joe
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

I prefer the latter.

Indeed we do.
There it IS again......"most". any examples? we know, examples proving YOUR claim are ratholes. or "attacks" :roll: such a nice guy.

and , quite frankly, the old LP mods that migrated hear; their silence to that websites death to all of the folks that input scores, schedules....and those that provided content on the forums.....stiffed.

So, if you are talking about the gang of MODS, including the Hopkins fan that had over 20 "user names"...........yup, you think John McCain is a class act. Who doesn't call their wife a "punt" with a C , or call a girl/woman UGLY. that IS who you are. so principled.

strange, what people cling too.......ignore.........or don't cling too. It's a Baltimore thing.....like HIGH school is the answer to, "which school ", we guess.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:41 am

I prefer the latter.

Indeed we do.
That couldn't be more false, again that's you spinning it. Most have said they hate the way the discussion is so one-sided and shaped by a certain small group of posters, all with the same narrow-minded political ideologies. Their attempts to control the conversation got to much to handle for them. It has only been about trolling for a very small amount who left. Again, living in your own world. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Joe
hmmm, you only joined in 2020, Joe.
Not sure how much perspective you actually have on those who were here before you.

Many of us have been on this board and its predecessor for over a decade.
Sadly, we've also lost a few to death in that period too.

As to RRR, who has indeed been around for a very long time, though with a plethora of other names along the way, there certainly was some trauma over the loss of the other site...for some reason he doesn't appreciate and support the efforts of those who stood this one up. Blaming them for the demise of the former site doesn't make any sense to me as they weren't in control of what went down.

But that's RRR's take.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

I prefer the latter.

Indeed we do.
WOMBAT!
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:54 am

I prefer the latter.

Indeed we do.

Joe
Not sure how much perspective you actually have on those who were here before you.

As to RRR, who has indeed been around for a very long time, though with a plethora of other names along the way, there certainly was some trauma over the loss of the other site...for some reason he doesn't appreciate and support the efforts of those who stood this one up. Blaming them for the demise of the former site doesn't make any sense to me as they weren't in control of what went down.

But that's RRR's take.
MD,

I've been on THIS site since 2020. I was a long time member but infrequent poster on LaxPower for many years prior under a different username. Again, you are certifiably wrong. I was on Laxpower starting back in 2006. And it's taken a turn for the worse on this site, comparative to that site, in terms of the forum. Again, not sure what world you live in! :lol: :lol:

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:57 pm

I prefer the latter.

Indeed we do.

Joe

But that's RRR's take.
MD,

I've been on THIS site since 2020. I was a long time member but infrequent poster on LaxPower for many years prior under a different username. Again, you are certifiably wrong. I was on Laxpower starting back in 2006. And it's taken a turn for the worse on this site, comparative to that site, in terms of the forum. Again, not sure what world you live in! :lol: :lol:

Joe
hmmm, I thought you were considerably younger. Won't be the first nor last time I've been mistaken on something. Your style of posting is pretty distinctive, I simply don't recall you posting on the LP site, though maybe you stuck to the women's lax threads more? I pay less attention there, as I don't have a daughter playing and it's been a long time since I had a niece playing.

But I disagree that this forum is dominated by a single, much less narrow, point of view.

With only one far left exception (who you just correctly (IMO) addressed on another thread), the bulk of the views on here have a pretty wide range of moderate conservative to moderate liberal. The next largest group, however, is vehemently and abrasively conservative. One is a flat out partisan troll. And then we have one or two really whacky posters who just flame every which direction.

Most of the lax discussion, however, is pretty reasonable, though there are a couple of threads which can heat up at times.

I think the forum, overall, suffers from simply not enough posters on the lax threads....more is better and certainly should be encouraged!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Et tu, weirdo lacrosse fanatic chat board members??

Apr 5, 2022 - Economy & Business
America's internet is splitting along party lines

Sara Fischer
Sara Fischer
Scott Rosenberg

Axios on facebook

Axios on twitter

Axios on linkedin

Axios on email
Illustration of two people playing tug-of-war with ethernet cables.
Shoshana Gordon/Axios
New investments flooding partisan media platforms are starting to restructure America's internet business around the nation's deepening political divide.

Why it matters: For years, internet theorists have warned of the "splinternet," a breakup of the global internet into regions governed by different rules and laws. Something like that is now starting to happen within the U.S., splitting the online world into red and blue sectors.

Driving the news: The Daily Wire, a conservative digital media company, is planning to invest "a minimum of $100 million" over the next three years in kids' entertainment as a direct response to Disney's opposition to Florida's recently passed "Don't Say Gay" bill.

The effort shows how even normally apolitical realms of media can get pulled into the partisan arena.
The Daily Wire has been at the forefront of building products that provide conservatives with alternatives to mainstream brands that they feel don't support their viewpoint, including movies and razors.
The big picture: Red and blue America have reacted to the current information environment in radically different ways.

Progressives are focused on making sure that the existing media and online platforms crack down on misinformation.
Conservatives increasingly feel disenfranchised by media from mainstream news outlets to social platforms and have begun to invest in alternatives.
What to watch: Billionaires are throwing ever-larger sums of money at both of these efforts.

Elon Musk on Monday disclosed a 9.2% stake in Twitter, worth roughly $3 billion, a few weeks after he polled his Twitter followers on Twitter's support for free speech and implied that the vote would have “consequences."
On the right, Donald Trump's new social network, which is struggling to launch, has reportedly raised $1 billion for its blank check IPO. Conservative tech billionaire Peter Thiel is backing a conservative rival to Facebook called Rumble and a conservative rival to Tinder called The Right Stuff. Conservative billionaire Rebekah Mercer co-founded and funded conservative Twitter alternative Parler.
On the left, billionaires Reid Hoffman, George Soros and others are backing a new public benefit corporation that aims to tackle disinformation by funding left-leaning local news sites. Other billionaires, like Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff and Laurene Powell Jobs, have bought up venerable media properties.
Be smart: Media companies and online platforms in the past have thrived by serving as big an audience as possible without regard to political bent.

As the business model for internet media shifts toward direct relationships with paying customers, companies are placing less value on scale for its own sake and more on products that engage true believers.
Zoom out: Since the aftermath of the Jan. 6th Capitol riot when most internet companies de-platformed former President Trump, conservatives have been aggressively building out alternative communications infrastructure, including their own cloud storage and cryptocurrency companies.

The bottom line: As this trend continues, companies that have long positioned themselves as apolitical will face overwhelming pressure to choose sides.

For example, conservatives are now urging consumers to drop DirecTV, a satellite TV provider, in response to its decision not to renew its distribution contract with OAN, a conservative TV network.

Axios on facebook

Axios on twitter

Axios on linkedin

Axios on email
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I prefer the latter.

I’ve been waiting a long time for folks to start utilizing Hamsterdam. I don’t want to be a first, or too fast lover there and show my fully depraved hand to soon. I want to draw them out the way Gary Coleman gets drawn in by the old NAMBLA dude in that seminal episode on child abuse in Different Strokes.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue May 03, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See Martin, Malcolm
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In theory, this should be an 8 minute (16 Day Penalty). Trolling. Essex has had two inflammatory posts within two hours and, it is the opinion of this administrator that he has no other purpose than to... Troll. As a consequence, instead, this is going to be an 16 minute (32 Day Penalty). It'll be released on Monday, May 30 at 5:56 PM.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3521
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=3522
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I prefer the latter.

Indeed we do.

Joe

But that's RRR's take.
No clue about folks like Ron Artful Dodger, IMP and Hoyaboy.

The demise of the former site was because the PE backed entity Active Networks, found no economic value in it. That’s a fact. It was in fact shared at the very end of people were paying attention.
See Martin, Malcolm
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Trolling. Last penalty was 16 minutes (32 days). This one is 32 minutes (64 days). The penalty will release on August 21 at 10:35 AM.
https://fanlax.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=384139#p384139
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

admin wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:34 am Trolling. Last penalty was 16 minutes (32 days). This one is 32 minutes (64 days). The penalty will release on August 21 at 10:35 AM.
The guy comes off of two suspensions for trolling, and promptly begins again. Not sure why there is a three strike rule, if that is what "one" and "two" mean. Either he gets the message that he should try to civilly contribute, or is asked to go reflect some more in the Sin Bin for a few months.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:55 am
admin wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:34 am Trolling. Last penalty was 16 minutes (32 days). This one is 32 minutes (64 days). The penalty will release on August 21 at 10:35 AM.
The guy comes off of two suspensions for trolling, and promptly begins again. Not sure why there is a three strike rule, if that is what "one" and "two" mean. Either he gets the message that he should try to civilly contribute, or is asked to go reflect some more in the Sin Bin for a few months.
His trolling included an awful comment about Downs Syndrome and another critical of Biden about his children, beginning with "dead" comparing them unfavorably to Trump's children.....about as disgustingly offensive as one can get.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”