ISL

HS Boys Lacrosse
pcowlax

Re: ISL

Post by pcowlax »

Great to hear! BH is an outstanding team with excellent players, it’s great see them be able to get up and down and show what they can do. The Martlets unfortunately have been in a tailspin (and with no feet there is no good way out of that) for years now. The school smaller than most of the other West-1 schools and has really struggled with athletics recently (dropped football a few years ago). I also don’t think I’ve ever seen 4 on 3, that’s wild. Did BH get 3 individual penalties whose spans happened to overlap or was there an incident with multiple kids getting sent off?
justanotherperson

Post by justanotherperson »

Yah. Westy with the rebuild with a new coach and has had several down years prior to this.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:26 am Did BH get 3 individual penalties whose spans happened to overlap or was there an incident with multiple kids getting sent off?
There was definitely a big incident, but there was so much laundry on the field throughout the second quarter that I can't remember if five kids got sent off at once or not. Again, the vantage point for the streaming at BH is more set up for football than lacrosse so somebody who was actually there would have a better idea of what happened.

I feel for schools like Westy that value athletics, and have historic rivalries, but don't necessarily want to get into NEPSAC arms race of having a bunch of college committed players on every team in every season. Not having football is tough as it's one of the few sports (for now) that isn't specialized and therefore provides multi-sport athletes for other teams on campus.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Some good non-league match ups today.

Seb's @ Taft - 2:30: I'd think Seb's would have a decent shot an upset if they hadn't pulled one last year. Taft will have revenge in mind and won't overlook the Arrows. https://vimeo.com/916327659/75fae4eb24

Roxbury Latin @ Holderness - 12:50: Doesn't look close on paper, but I feel like RL is one of those teams that has more kids who could play in college than have committed to do so. https://fan.hudl.com/usa/nh/plymouth/or ... ZmFmMGE%3D

AOF @ Tabor - 3:00: First year of new regime at Avon. I think they'll have huge and athletic middies as always. Game is on Bbiglive.com, but requires subscription.

Middlesex @ Pingree - 3:00: Middlesex has high hopes for the season. Pingree is strong program that doesn't get talked about enough and beat the Zebras by a goal last season. https://fan.hudl.com/usa/ma/south-hamil ... YyMQ%3D%3D

Milton Academy @ Exeter - 12:00: Exeter kept it close against Thayer (8-5 final) but apparently their goalie made 25 SAVES in the game. My guess is they'll be too much for MA but that's why they play the games. https://events.locallive.tv/events/143816

Austin Prep @ Thayer - 12:00: Probably won't be close and I don't think Thayer streams their games.

New Hampton @ Rivers - 1:00: Nice measuring stick match up between Lakes Region and ISL. Haven't seen any streaming info.

Lawrence Academy @ St. Mark's - 2:00: This might be a scrimmage, and it's definitely non-league if it is a game. Intriguing match up either way. No stream.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Taft 16 - Seb's 13.

This was a very fun game to watch. Taft got it to 7-2 early, and it looked like it might go like the Brunswick and Lawrenceville games, but it was incredibly even after that. A few miscues for the Arrows, and Taft being lethal in transition, was the difference imo. The game was played at a break neck pace, and both teams looked gassed by about halfway through the 4th. David Hahm was phenomenal facing off for Seb's. I believe he took every draw and pretty much dominated Taft's faceoff guy who's committed to Princeton and IL has as the #35 player in the class of 2025.
cfeetjjutsc

Post by cfeetjjutsc »

St Marks over Lawrence 5-2
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Nice start for St. Mark's!

Holderness at Nobles today. As mentioned before, the wifi at the Dawgs' field isn't strong enough to stream a game, but I assume Kevin Stone or someone from Bostonlaxnet will be there tweeting/Xing about it.

Govs @ Seb's has been moved to tomorrow from Wednesday to avoid the weather. I assume we may see that for a few other games as well.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Nobles 11 - Holderness 9. Looking at the Nobles Twitter feed, it appears to have been a 1-2 goal game throughout.

Middlesex-Andover has also been moved to tomorrow to avoid the bad weather on Wednesday.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Good showing by the Bulls. I expected a more one-sided Nobles dub.
Finish Strong
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Sportin' Life wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:42 pm Good showing by the Bulls. I expected a more one-sided Nobles dub.
Holderness had to travel, but on paper the result is an upset. Nobles lost a lot from last season.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Laxxal22 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm
Sportin' Life wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:42 pm Good showing by the Bulls. I expected a more one-sided Nobles dub.
Holderness had to travel, but on paper the result is an upset. Nobles lost a lot from last season.
Holderness lost their best goalie to graduation. Yes I know their current goalie is committed to BU....
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Nobles goalie was an AA and starts for Cornell as a freshman…
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Laxxal22 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:27 pm Seb's-Govs stream - 4:45 faceoff: https://www.youtube.com/live/Gl8Gg_k9Bf ... njgf4m_UQc
14-7 Seb's

Both teams looked sloppy but it's still early in the season. Govs will need to find some options beyond the top two guys. Seb's plays with that frenetic pace that is amazing when things are going well, but leaves them vulnerable imo when things are off. Both goalies played well and Seb's has a real stable of longsticks.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

What I saw for scores from a brief scanning...

Thayer 7 - Pingree 6
RL 15 - Austin Prep 1
St. George's 9 - Pomfret 7
Belmont Hill 13 - Avon Old Farms 6
Tabor 7 - Navy Prep 14
St. Mark's 12 - Worcester Academy 3
Middlesex 14 - Andover 13 (yesterday)
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

The first round of league games get played this weekend. Here's a quick look.

Friday
Thayer (3-0) @ St. Mark's (3-0): The Lions are off to their best start in years, but I think the Tigers will maul them as Thayer has played a much higher level of competition so far.

St. Seb's (2-3) @ St. George's (2-0): St. G's already has two more wins than all of last season and have to be feeling good about that. Seb's have shown flashes of brilliance mixed with stretches of What the heck in their games so far. I expect the visitors to win by a margin.

Saturday
Belmont Hill (3-0) @ Milton Academy (0-1): BH is pretty highly ranked nationally after a good start. They may be dealing with some minor injuries but already look like they'll be tough to beat. I caught a little of the Milton/Exeter stream. The Mustangs seemed to play a lot of young guys, and the future could be bright, but BH should control this one from the start.

Roxbury Latin (1-1) @ Rivers (2-0): This should be one of the more competitive games this weekend and a good measuring stick for two squads who will probably be fighting for a playoff spot at the end of the season.

Middlesex (2-0) @ BB&N (1-2): Middlesex have two wins over two pretty strong looking teams. I see this game as a momentum builder for them before a big one next week against Nobles.

Lawrence Academy (0-1) @ Nobles (1-1): I see the Dawgs treating the Spartans like a chew toy in this one. Nobles by double digits.

Govs (0-3) @ Tabor (1-1): Another potential game of the weekend. Govs are already spiraling a bit. There's talent on the roster, but they've really struggled to put it together on the field. Tabor is a bit of an enigma to me. They roughed about Avon (who might not be very good) but got trounced by Navy Prep. Coin flip for me.

Brooks (0-1) @ Groton (0-0): Groton's first game but they should roll against a (hopefully) rebuilding Brooks squad.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Seb's @ St. George's stream (4:30) - https://www.stgeorges.edu/athletics/live

Thayer @ St. Mark's stream (5:00) - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2LTNT ... TSFYHCU2dg
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

What’s up with Austin Prep? They left the MIAA and seem to be trying to compete with the ISL and other prep schools.

They scheduled a very aggressive lacrosse schedule and are getting beat up pretty bad. They probably will go winless this season. Are they competitive in other sports with the preps?

Are they hoping to be accepted into one of the prep leagues?
Laxboy78

Post by Laxboy78 »

They tried to get into the league that Pingree is in, but were denied. Tuition is half what those schools are.

They are a powerhouse in baseball, and have great facilities for that sport. Lacrosse will be a tough road ahead.
Laxfax52

Post by Laxfax52 »

Tabor 7, IMG National 4

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”